PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a 2008 TrailBlazer SS

EVILMM
06-25-2011, 10:08 PM
No no no I am not trading in my MM, no way in hell. I just was wondering if anyone here own a TBSS (TrailBlazer SS), and if they have ever towed there MM with it. Just like to know if You like it and what you like about it and what you don't like about.

BirchMarauder
06-26-2011, 06:46 AM
I want one too.

LANDY
06-26-2011, 07:09 AM
They are awsome suv's and can be made fast really easy.

guspech750
06-26-2011, 07:44 AM
I too would love to have TBSS. Can't go wrong with the LS2 motor and good looks. I tried to stear my wife towards the TBSS but she ended up liking the Chrysler Aspen. So atleast I got a nice Hemi. :-( :-)

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

beantown mm
06-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Absolutely loved my 2007, had it 4 years on lease, bone stock, miss it a ton since turning it in a few months back.

Never towed with it, but power a plenty as you know, only negatives were mini spare and gas mileage which you prob. know too...

Would get another one in a minute, good luck, this is what i posted a while back with a pic or two, but the SS was not the feature of the post, hahahhaa.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63891

SC Cheesehead
06-26-2011, 09:28 AM
I too would love to have TBSS. Can't go wrong with the LS2 motor and good looks. I tried to stear my wife towards the TBSS but she ended up liking the Chrysler Aspen. So at least I got a nice Hemi. :-( :-)

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

No such thing, Joe, you needs to talk to Doomie... ;) -------> :D

guspech750
06-26-2011, 09:36 AM
No such thing, Joe, you needs to talk to Doomie... ;) -------> :D

Oh what would Doom know? Not much. He bought a Black Marauder. :) :) :)
And Black Marauders = YUCK!! :) :)

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

WI Fordguy
06-27-2011, 03:51 PM
As far as towing...LOL
It has a sport suspension which is the polar opposite of a towing suspension. It would probably do it but it's gonna butt sag and give you a terrible trip. Of course I've seen much much worse vehicles with trailers. Depends on how often and how far.

Motorhead350
06-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Ugly to me, but my opinion shouldn't matter to you.

Black_Noise
06-27-2011, 07:47 PM
being a GM tech all i can say is, if you buy one good luck, for those of you who have had one and not had problems yet.... your lucky

guspech750
06-27-2011, 07:50 PM
being a GM tech all i can say is, if you buy one good luck, for those of you who have had one and not had problems yet.... your lucky
Would most of the issues have to do with the all wheel drive models?

JohnE
06-27-2011, 07:51 PM
The person I bought my Marauder from had a Trailblazer SS at the time too. Their comment about it was that it suffers from being a GM product. Read into that: Many stupid little issues that all add up.

John

Black_Noise
06-28-2011, 06:25 PM
IMO trailblazers are junk. they are made cheaply, they have the worst engine bay setup (try changing the oil and you'll start to understand why) do a thermostat in the straight 6 style motor PITA! they all ride like crap (way top heavy) Sway bar links are junk and a pain to replace, they love the tear up clamps on the cv boots (more so on the pass side for some reason) some have a fair share of cluster (gauges) problems, trans coolers get plugged (and its internal of the radiator, and that is a whole nother PITA to remove ((remove grill, stupid design, remove shroud that is incredible complicated stupid design, remove fan clutch very stupid limited space.... etc.)) etc. etc.

I also had to replace the Y pipe from exhaust manifolds to muffler pipe.... wow if that wasnt stupid all the stuff that had to be removed just to drop the exhaust Y

They are also picky about clean tcase fluid.... lots of bad things happen quick when fluid is not kept clean, way more so than on anything else I have ever seen.

This is all just personal opinion/experience, but I hate em.

EVILMM
06-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Thanks everyone, I like honesty, keep it coming

TAKEDOWN
07-01-2011, 10:22 PM
I always thought they were pretty cool, but then the Jeep Srt8's came out and I'm somewhat divided especially when it comes to more space!

J.bo
07-02-2011, 05:12 AM
Jeep SRT 8 will be my next addition. Awesome suv.

capt512
07-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Drove a 06 TB (not SS model) a few years back with less than 10K miles on it and was very unimpressed. Interior was very cheap, handling was very clunky, just overall seemed very low class for what I was used to seeing from Chevy/GM. Had a tahoe - loved it, blazer wasn't bad either, but the trailblazer was a bad vehicle for me. YMMV

EVILMM
07-05-2011, 12:14 AM
The only problem I have with the SRT8 is towing, rated at 3000lbs thats it.

Spectragod
07-05-2011, 06:12 AM
The only problem I have with the SRT8 is towing, rated at 3000lbs thats it.

And it has no spare, it requires premium, it gets 13 MPG, it is a Chrysler product.

Now, that said, the 2011 offering has a 6.7, makes 450+ HP, Chrysler rep. told me that is RWHP not at the crank. It is a rocket ship on wheels, had the opportunity to put one through it's paces on a test track, very impressive, it may be a stablemate to the MM. :D

gpfarrell
07-05-2011, 09:19 AM
We had and SRT-8 and I liked it.

Most anything with 420hp and 420ft-lbs won't be easy on gas.

I think I've needed my spare tire once in the last decade.

Supposedly, the towing limitations were based on the strength of the park-pin in the automatic transmission. That being said, not sure you'd find a big hitch that would wrap around those center-mounted pipes. We put a little hitch on ours and it was slick, but nothing you'd pull a car with.

If we had not run across exactly the twin-turbo, six-speed stick, all-wheel-drive BMW wagon we always wanted, I think the Jeep would still be in our garage.

Oh, and it would beat anything across an intersection.

Loco1234
07-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Y not buy a used 05 Aviator & get (more or less) a MM intercooled supercharger kit... Lots of power.. good on the gas & parts/knowledge of setup is interchangeable with MM...
Not to mention the luxury you get with the 05 aviator... much better than SRT8 or TB

EVILMM
07-10-2011, 10:03 PM
I own a 08 TBSS Black, thanks for all the help, I will post pixs later.:banana2:

MOTOWN
07-10-2011, 10:09 PM
congrats bud! those are sweet

EVILMM
07-11-2011, 06:16 PM

guspech750
07-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Thats cool!! Did you buy the AWD or two wheel drive model?

crouse
07-11-2011, 08:27 PM
How about a new Ford F150 four door pickup with the 3.5 twin turbo V6?

Taemian
07-16-2011, 03:30 PM
IMO trailblazers are junk. they are made cheaply, they have the worst engine bay setup (try changing the oil and you'll start to understand why) do a thermostat in the straight 6 style motor PITA! they all ride like crap (way top heavy) Sway bar links are junk and a pain to replace, they love the tear up clamps on the cv boots (more so on the pass side for some reason) some have a fair share of cluster (gauges) problems, trans coolers get plugged (and its internal of the radiator, and that is a whole nother PITA to remove ((remove grill, stupid design, remove shroud that is incredible complicated stupid design, remove fan clutch very stupid limited space.... etc.)) etc. etc.

I also had to replace the Y pipe from exhaust manifolds to muffler pipe.... wow if that wasnt stupid all the stuff that had to be removed just to drop the exhaust Y

They are also picky about clean tcase fluid.... lots of bad things happen quick when fluid is not kept clean, way more so than on anything else I have ever seen.

This is all just personal opinion/experience, but I hate em.

I nearly pulled the trigger on a Silver 08 AWD TBSS, am a member of 2 TBSS boards for research. Took a few out for test drives...AMAZING power and control in rain/slick pavement. But build quality sucked, terrible cheap interiors, squeaks/rattles etc. Not really a truck per se, but more like a trunkless muscle car, with not really that much space. Ended up getting an 08 Land Rover instead. Awesome 4x4 performance, and I already have a track car. This thing is about 6500lbs and can tow like a champ. Unless you throw wrenches yourself and can cross reference Ford parts, it'll kill you in maintenance. Not a problem for me, and mine has had no build quality issue...yet.

Hope you enjoy your TBSS and it gives you lots of smiles! They are a great concept.

REAL4WD
07-16-2011, 03:34 PM
i dont wanna hijack this thread too much. but im curious. stock to stock what is quicker and what is faster? the MM vs the TBSS. Thanks