PDA

View Full Version : Your Drive-Pt 2

Marauderman
06-29-2011, 07:12 AM
Ok , so I wanted to get our HOA approval for cutting trees down in front of my home....(although my lot is exempt- another story- but still wanted their blessing amyway)--

So the head dude on the committee stops by the house to look over my lot---I go WOW! that your Vette? Like who else's would it be dummy I'm thinking--but had to say sumpton--

Guys goes--yeah--actually my company bought it--I drive them since '94.......I said --looks new--he says yeah--its got 1200 miles on it---then I noticed REALLY WHAT IT IS!! A ZR1...

I am now drooling and he says --here--you drive it --Its just a car to me--not a big deal----I would have but had just finished off my beer or three and said --naw--maybe later--he goes --stop by anytimne --I 'll throw ya the keys--take it for a spin---I tell him I will someday ----

Then I said --what do you do(work)--He says my company is RFLINK UP. I said never heard of it---he goes no--really?--Then he says ever seen a news special or maybe a big sporting event where you see large white trucks with satelites dishes on them---I said , oh yeah , pleanty of time---- he goes--yeah--thats my company--SO YOU TOO HAVE SEEN THEM TOO EH! YEAH THOSE!!

WOW!! This guy (a few years older than me) is a mult-$$$$ man and he lives 2 blocks from me and I never knew it-!!!

he told me his whole story how he and another guy went into business in'90 risking all to start it up---and now money is everwhere with him.....

Oh yeah--haven't driven the ZR1 yet--but that story will be told when it happens--------if someone has --any pointers for heads up I should be aware of--besides the obvious?

Stay tuned.........