PDA

View Full Version : Super Trooper

SHERIFF
01-08-2004, 06:29 AM
I just watched this video 4 times. I will watch it more, sure bet. I still can't believe the trooper's actions. Somebody watch the video and tell...... do you suppose this female trooper actually thought her behavoir was acceptable?

http://ada.oklahoman.net/ramgen/real/save/trooper_shooting.rm

martyo
01-08-2004, 06:52 AM
Why can't I open this?

Long Live #3
01-08-2004, 06:55 AM
I think you need RealOne to play the vid.

Just watched the vid, that cop was a b**ch!

SHERIFF
01-08-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Long Live #3
I think you need RealOne to play the vid.

Just watched the vid, that cop was a b**ch!

Sure is. You can read more about her here.....

http://officer.proteus.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19657&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

She wasn't terminated, believe it or not. :mad2:

It opened OK for me in RealPlayer, Martyo. It's almost 12 minutes long, and you won't believe the trooper's behavoir! :mad2:

SHERIFF
01-08-2004, 07:16 AM
Here's the news report of her returning to active duty, just as if nothing had happened.....

http://www.ardmoreite.com/stories/103103/new_trooper.shtml

I think the problem nowadays is there just aren't any good applicants out there. The Virginia State Police just lowered their standards recently. A convicted drug user can now apply and be hired. :mad2:

Macon Marauder
01-08-2004, 07:22 AM
Yikes! What a psycho cop. Makes me wonder, did they train that idiot at all? "I got a gun! I'm gone shoot you! I'm gone shoot you right now!"

Sheesh!

SHERIFF
01-08-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Macon Marauder
Yikes! What a psycho cop. Makes me wonder, did they train that idiot at all? "I got a gun! I'm gone shoot you! I'm gone shoot you right now!"

Sheesh!

Now that you mention it..... exactly what you would see on the COPS TV spoof out now called RENO 911. It comes on The Comedy Channel. This traffic stop reminds me of exactly what you would see on there. :D

Brutus
01-08-2004, 08:44 AM
Wow, their use of force matrix must be a straight line. She must have left her A.S.P. and pepper spray at home. Acceptable behavior? Absolutely not! As far as there not being any good applicants out there sheriff, I agree fully. I think the new breed today just looks at it as a status symbol and could really care less about the "helping people" part. Sadly, I see the same trend with teachers in my area.

Haggis
01-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by SHERIFF
Here's the news report of her returning to active duty, just as if nothing had happened.....

http://www.ardmoreite.com/stories/103103/new_trooper.shtml

I think the problem nowadays is there just aren't any good applicants out there. The Virginia State Police just lowered their standards recently. A convicted drug user can now apply and be hired. :mad2:

...er I was going to say disciplinary action needs to be taken, but I see that was already tried and failed.

How else do you expect a drug user to get free drugs.

woaface
01-08-2004, 01:44 PM
She's a b*tch, he was kinda dumb. But that was completely unreal of her. I mean, "I gotta gun, I ******in shoot you!" What happened to non-lethal force? Like...spray or somethin. You start yellin at a drunk guy like that, you're gonna get into trouble with him. ******in duh!

jgc61sr2002
01-08-2004, 03:44 PM
That shooting was definitely unjustified. She should have been fired IMO. At the very least.

Ross
01-09-2004, 09:40 AM
With cops like that on the street, it's no wonder that so many people distrust all cops. Just like any other job that has some bad apples, and everyone gets blamed. Even lawyers. Well, OK, maybe not lawyers...

stock93cv
01-09-2004, 04:17 PM
I have to ask--given what I often read in the papers about the kinds of awards given by juries (to morons who don't know that when they order 'hot' coffee that they might just get hot coffee), wouldn't the kid who was shot have pretty much have just won the lottery? Let's see:

Running away.
No aggressive/threatening action toward the (retch) officer.
No warning shot.
No attempt by the officer to prevent his flight by non-lethal means (spray, baton, ...).

Wouldn't a jury in a civil suit award this guy about 10 million dollars?

Just asking, 'cos I don't know what laws apply in, where--Oklahoma?

(And, he was probably running away because she was treating him the way his mother does--screaming at him from the get-go; that woman has a voice that probably cracked all of the windows on his truck.)

Petrograde
01-09-2004, 05:53 PM
When I saw it,.. it seemed to me like he got shot then FELL in front of the car...

Not only should she have been fired,.. she should've been prosecuted!!!

She was TOTALLY unprofessional. She said the 'F' word many times, then yelled at him for saying $h!t?! WTF?

Anyone can see he wasn't much of a threat, he was scared to death! poor kid,.. and making him walk 'the line' after he told her he had a sprained ankle should be enough to litigate!

It would be nice if that guy gets a HUGE friggin' settlement.

Man,.. that REALLY pissed me off!

Tom

uwsacf
01-09-2004, 07:12 PM
You guys act like this stuff is far and few.....

I got news for you - it's now Cowboy Central......except with muscle shirts and masks for the "good guys"

It appears that the days of the good officers - the peace officers is over.....

and the gangs have infiltrated the police....

http://www.sierratimes.com/03/whackstack.php