I missed the prime man-cave ingredients:
-beer cooler
-no windows
-50 inch big screen
-Cowboys logo stuff (and no Cubs)

jb

Ozark Marauder
07-03-2011, 09:50 AM
I live in an apartment, I have a man corner...........

JOEMERC
07-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Mines my garage ,where my marauder sleeps !

Mike
07-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Nice website you have on your screen in photo 3 :beer:

MercNasty
07-03-2011, 02:30 PM
looks like an office to me but thats a nice office anyway

guspech750
07-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Mine is in a holding pattern untill My basement is completely finished. :(

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

guspech750
07-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Sorry. Double posted.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

jimlam56
07-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Hard to have a Man Cave, as all you youngsters will find out.
If you are married, she will infiltrate your space slowly but surely...
How do I know?
Been married 34 years as of Friday...
Looks Good Pat, protect your territory...:D

CBT
07-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Sorry. Double posted.

That's what she said!

I don't really have a man cave. But maybe pics in this thread will inspire me. :beer:

Vortex
07-05-2011, 07:53 AM
The bridge of the USS Vortex:

CBT
07-05-2011, 08:01 AM
The bridge of the USS Vortex:

Sweet, me likey :beer:

SC Cheesehead
07-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Here's my office.

Some additional pics of it in this link (post #3):
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70628

CBT
07-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Here's my office.

Some additional pics of it in this link (post #3):
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70628

Green Bhrrrr....rrrrrr:puke:aaaaalph !!!!!

SC Cheesehead
07-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Green Bhrrrr....rrrrrr:puke:aaaaalph !!!!!

Let me help you out:

Green Bay Packers, Super Bowl Champions.

How's that?

BTW, how did the Bears finish out the season again? ;)

CBT
07-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Let me help you out:

Green Bay Packers, Super Bowl Champions.

How's that?

BTW, how did the Bears finish out the season again? ;)

I guess I deserved that. :alone:

SC Cheesehead
07-05-2011, 10:37 AM
I guess I deserved that. :alone:

Yup! :D

Oh, and this just in:

http://images6.cpcache.com/product/162720026v2_240x240_Front.jpg

TAKEDOWN
07-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Yup! :D

Oh, and this just in:

http://images6.cpcache.com/product/162720026v2_240x240_Front.jpg

... Better than being a Cheese Head!!!

SC Cheesehead
07-05-2011, 01:19 PM
... Better than being a Cheese Head!!!

"I do what I want, think what I want and you do the same. We all stay happy." - Motorhead350

;) ------> :D

PonyUP
07-05-2011, 01:23 PM
"I do what I want, think what I want and you do the same. We all stay happy." - Motorhead350

;) ------> :D

Awww Damn, Rex quoted Dom. It's the end of the world as we know it.

As for the man cave, I'm single, the whole place is a Man cave

Including the autographed Cris Carter Football (That's for you Rex) :beer:

SC Cheesehead
07-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Awww Damn, Rex quoted Dom. It's the end of the world as we know it.

Nah, that happened a couple weeks ago, we just haven't figgered it out yet... ;)

As for the man cave, I'm single, the whole place is a Man cave.

What, Man Cave is the new PC term for bachelor's s**thole? :D

Including the autographed Cris Carter Football (That's for you Rex) :beer:
I'll bet it's sitting there right next to the replica of the Super Bowl trophy that the Vikings won. Oops! :o Forgot...., sorry, my bad... :P

PonyUP
07-05-2011, 01:57 PM
I'll bet it's sitting there right next to the replica of the Super Bowl trophy that the Vikings won. Oops! :o Forgot...., sorry, my bad... :P

Damn, that's the worst part about being a Viking and Cubs fan, I get shut down in every debate with "How many Championships have you won" :alone:

SC Cheesehead
07-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Damn, that's the worst part about being a Viking and Cubs fan, I get shut down in every debate with "How many Championships have you won" :alone:

Well, bubba, I'm right there with you about the Cubbies. One of these years it's gonna happen. (Let's just hope it's in our lifetime.... ;))

PonyUP
07-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Well, bubba, I'm right there with you about the Cubbies. One of these years it's gonna happen. (Let's just hope it's in our lifetime.... ;))

Oh it will happen and I can peg the date. Either the day after I die, or the day I get dementia. Probably the latter, they'll win it, but I'll be too frickin gone, lost in my own mind to realize it and think it's still 84, 89, 98, 2003, 2007, or 2008

Baaad GN
07-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Hey Chessehead my man cave is on Washington Island, ya ever been there? At least my money goes there for the kids to relax!

SC Cheesehead
07-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Hey Chessehead my man cave is on Washington Island, ya ever been there? At least my money goes there for the kids to relax!

Oh, yeah, spent a couple summer vacations there, neat place.

not5-0
06-25-2012, 03:37 PM
man cave remodel

tallpaul
06-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Nice furniture you got there. Sorry to see that you're a Marlins fan.

MyBlackBeasts
06-25-2012, 07:00 PM
man cave remodel

What's sticking up from the center seat left arm? :confused:

duhtroll
06-25-2012, 09:38 PM
15'x20' with remote dimmable theater lighting, recessed cabinet for electronics and 60" 3D plasma.

My wife suggested the rug. The popcorn maker and fridge are in the adjacent storage room.

bugsyc
06-26-2012, 01:17 PM
29786 My man cave or what we call the game room..Built it myself about 5 years ago..>Love it...

Mr. Man
06-26-2012, 01:50 PM
15'x20' with remote dimmable theater lighting, recessed cabinet for electronics and 60" 3D plasma.

My wife suggested the rug. The popcorn maker and fridge are in the adjacent storage room.
Nice! but you need way more stuff to fill it in. :)

duhtroll
06-26-2012, 02:02 PM
The room is actually 38'x20' since I put in the walls for the 2 extra bedrooms and bathroom. It started out as ~52' long. There is a play area for the kid as well as a game table set up to the "left" of the first photo but that is used for all types of stuff and not really part of the theater.

I'm not sure what else we need. We contemplated a hot tub but I think we will do that when we build a sun room off the back of the house in a few years. I thought about a pool table but I wouldn't use it much.

If the house were about 3 feet longer I'd have an indoor archery range figured out. I think the little one will get one of those indoor basketball rebound games here soon - those are fun and not expensive. Not sure what else we would put down there.

Nice! but you need way more stuff to fill it in. :)

Cobra25
06-26-2012, 05:08 PM
man cave remodel That's really Cool !!!

Mr. Man
06-26-2012, 08:51 PM
The room is actually 38'x20' since I put in the walls for the 2 extra bedrooms and bathroom. It started out as ~52' long. There is a play area for the kid as well as a game table set up to the "left" of the first photo but that is used for all types of stuff and not really part of the theater.

I'm not sure what else we need. We contemplated a hot tub but I think we will do that when we build a sun room off the back of the house in a few years. I thought about a pool table but I wouldn't use it much.

If the house were about 3 feet longer I'd have an indoor archery range figured out. I think the little one will get one of those indoor basketball rebound games here soon - those are fun and not expensive. Not sure what else we would put down there.
So this is more of a family rec room not so much a "Man Cave". Claim the garage as your own before it's taken over by ....dare I type the word....Minivan donedonedone aggggh evil has entered the house ;)

duhtroll
06-27-2012, 07:30 AM
Heh - no, the family room is upstairs. So what is your definition of a man cave then? I call it the place where things are set up/designed for me the way I like them and I hang out with my friends without other distractions.

You seem to be worried about the woman "encroaching" on the man's territory. Don't be. I built her a room too so it isn't an issue.

So this is more of a family rec room not so much a "Man Cave". Claim the garage as your own before it's taken over by ....dare I type the word....Minivan donedonedone aggggh evil has entered the house ;)

Mr. Man
06-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Heh - no, the family room is upstairs. So what is your definition of a man cave then? I call it the place where things are set up/designed for me the way I like them and I hang out with my friends without other distractions.

You seem to be worried about the woman "encroaching" on the man's territory. Don't be. I built her a room too so it isn't an issue.

You can never build a woman enough rooms in a house. They like to have rooms for specific activities. The sewing room, the wrapping room(Paula would kill for one of these), etc.

I was just looking at your room there and thought it seems to be missing 'stuff". I looked again and you need some artwork on the walls. Pics of cars and the like. Being married I know pics of scantily clad women are out but neon signs and stuff like that should pass muster. Maybe some fake real looking trees as it doesn't look like you have much Sun. Scatter some tools about, you know man stuff, beer boxes full of crap you really don't want but your wife wants you to throw away.

It should be the room where your buddies come to watch the game but it also needs to subliminally give your wife the proverbial finger cause it's your stuff. :beer:

duhtroll
06-27-2012, 01:21 PM
You have to be kidding. I just finished building this place and removed all the junk, tools and boxes. I have a garage with work space and a storage room for that stuff. I don't want them in the TV room also. Also, I like floor space so I can lie on the floor with a pillow under my head and a box of (insert something really bad for me) on my belly like a friggin' otter.

Yeah, I vacuum it once in a while too.

There is still a table in storage that is coming down there soon - it is an old style ugly indestructible 1970s model that will fit in perfectly with the other basement style ugly but comfortable stuff there already. Stuff on the walls will be coming in time - I'm sure I will find things now that the room is done.

I thought caves didn't have sunlight. I like it dark down there - makes the plasma screen work better (plasmas are for dark rooms - LEDs are for bright rooms). I deliberately did not put an overhead fixture in that area - just 8x10w incandescents on a dimmer.

As for giving my wife "the finger," that really isn't necessary since she doesn't have the need to control things. (Sorry I have to ask but why would one be married to someone who told them what to do all the time???? I get to do basically what I like when I like and so does she - kid priorities notwithstanding of course).

You can never build a woman enough rooms in a house. They like to have rooms for specific activities. The sewing room, the wrapping room(Paula would kill for one of these), etc.

I was just looking at your room there and thought it seems to be missing 'stuff". I looked again and you need some artwork on the walls. Pics of cars and the like. Being married I know pics of scantily clad women are out but neon signs and stuff like that should pass muster. Maybe some fake real looking trees as it doesn't look like you have much Sun. Scatter some tools about, you know man stuff, beer boxes full of crap you really don't want but your wife wants you to throw away.

It should be the room where your buddies come to watch the game but it also needs to subliminally give your wife the proverbial finger cause it's your stuff. :beer:

efi4eye
06-28-2012, 06:09 AM
I used to have a man cave of sorts, spare bedroom where I displayed lots of my diecast cars. My twins got old enough to need separate bedrooms, so all my "man stuff" resides in storage. Some day it'll be like Christmas unpacking it all!