PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Speciality?

PonyUP
07-03-2011, 05:24 PM
I know we got some great grillers and cookers out there, so what's your speciality?

I just cooked a Bone-in Boston Butt Pork Roast that I marinated for two days that I swear to God was so good they should have sold tickets to watch me it. I got a few specialities including

Breakfast Burritos
Eggs, Peppers, Onions, Pepporcinis, Marble Cheddar Cheese and Andoulle Sausauge

And i got a few others, I'm just curious, what does everyone cook that they consider their top notch

CBT
07-03-2011, 05:30 PM
I used to have my own bar-b-q pit, it was great so said everyone that ate there. Should have stuck with it but banged my head and joined the Navy. Now, anything to do with breakfast. It is my favorite meal so I've learned to kick out some fantastic eats for us and whenever company is here.

ntd
07-03-2011, 05:42 PM
I make a dang good pizza, cook up some good bacon, but I can BBQ some serious chicken that will make you want to slap your mama:D

fastblackmerc
07-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Ribs, shrimp with lobster sauce & egg foo young.

loud2004marquis
07-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Baby Backs on the BBQ for 4hrs...nice and slow like a DTR...

MMarauder03
07-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Pizza is my specialty, hand tossed dough made fresh. My favorite pizza, high quality dough, I can make or buy, mashed potatoes with milk and a little garlic, pepper, cooked bacon, cut into strips after its been cooked, cheddar cheese. Sounds weird but ohhh soooo goood

sailsmen
07-03-2011, 08:40 PM
A Crown Pork Roast wrap the outside with bacon rosemary and tyme. On a smoker served with fruit compote.
Chickens that have been brinned, stuffed with onion and celery placed under the pork in a smoker.
Whole untrimmed brisket with a rub that is smoked.
That is the whole extent.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG00073.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG00076.jpg

gdsqdcr
07-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Korean ribs. When marinating add about a quarter cup of fresh squeezed Kiwi. The Kiwi tenderizes the meat.

PonyUP
07-04-2011, 07:47 AM
A Crown Pork Roast wrap the outside with bacon rosemary and tyme. On a smoker served with fruit compote.
Chickens that have been brinned, stuffed with onion and celery placed under the pork in a smoker.
Whole untrimmed brisket with a rub that is smoked.
That is the whole extent.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG00073.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG00076.jpg

Dang, that looks good. Bacon is the perfect compliment

PonyUP
07-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Pizza is my specialty, hand tossed dough made fresh. My favorite pizza, high quality dough, I can make or buy, mashed potatoes with milk and a little garlic, pepper, cooked bacon, cut into strips after its been cooked, cheddar cheese. Sounds weird but ohhh soooo goood

This was on my mind, and might have to pick up supllies next grocery outing. But I thought about making dough, loading it up with sauce, cheese and toppings and folding it like a Calzone, except instead of oven backing it, fry it in a pan in some olive oil to get the dough golden, then throw it in the oven to complete. Never tried a homemade calzone, but italian and pizza options are limited in Atlanta (sometimes I miss Chi Town) so I've been jonesing for one

Ozark Marauder
07-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Low and slow................Nothing like melt in your mouth brisket............;)

PonyUP
07-04-2011, 08:15 AM
I also make a real mean potato salad. The recipe goes back to my grandmother and has only been shared with her kids and grandkids. I've to meet someone that doesn't say it's the best potato salad they have every had. I only made one change in the recipe in that I use dill pickles instead of sweet, which has gone over real well.

SC Cheesehead
07-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Beer-soaked brats

London Broil

Country style ribs

You want some REAL grilled food, I'll let E-Dubb cook for you... :food:

MMarauder03
07-04-2011, 08:41 PM
This was on my mind, and might have to pick up supllies next grocery outing. But I thought about making dough, loading it up with sauce, cheese and toppings and folding it like a Calzone, except instead of oven backing it, fry it in a pan in some olive oil to get the dough golden, then throw it in the oven to complete. Never tried a homemade calzone, but italian and pizza options are limited in Atlanta (sometimes I miss Chi Town) so I've been jonesing for one

I love baking my pizzas in olive oil, then taking them out 1/4 way through to let the dough dry and creates a crisp crust that's got great flavor. Even better, cooking them on the grill, gives it a unique taste that is amazing. what kind of sauce were you thinking of? I used to do this thing for a living, Aconvertedchevy used to order pizza from me all the time. lmao 13 XL bacon pizzas and 2 2L, I even have the "LAIRD Special", a pizza I made and named after him.

SC Cheesehead
07-04-2011, 08:48 PM
I love baking my pizzas in olive oil, then taking them out 1/4 way through to let the dough dry and creates a crisp crust that's got great flavor. Even better, cooking them on the grill, gives it a unique taste that is amazing. what kind of sauce were you thinking of? I used to do this thing for a living, Aconvertedchevy used to order pizza from me all the time. lmao 13 XL bacon pizzas and 2 2L, I even have the "LAIRD Special", a pizza I made and named after him.

True, that; good stuff!

justbob
07-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Anything breakfast! And my Chili that remodels your colon....:eek:

MMarauder03
07-04-2011, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE=justbob;1064226]Anything breakfast! And my Chili that remodels your colon.[/QUOTE/]

I'm interested in this chili you speak of! When's taste testing?

SC Cheesehead
07-04-2011, 08:51 PM

Hey, does Casey and Joe...ah, never mind...

duhtroll
07-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Damn it you a:censor:les, now I am hungry again. :mad: We only did the minimal cookout today (brats and burgers) but I do some good steaks and chops out here.

Charcoal/wood, not gas if you want the best taste. I see all of these mammoth gas grills that take up their own garage stall around my neighborhood, but I have been cooking on the same Weber for 15+ years and it is fantastic when done right.

People sacrifice taste for convenience, IMO.

SC Cheesehead
07-05-2011, 04:18 AM
Damn it you a:censor:les, now I am hungry again. :mad: We only did the minimal cookout today (brats and burgers) but I do some good steaks and chops out here.

Charcoal/wood, not gas if you want the best taste. I see all of these mammoth gas grills that take up their own garage stall around my neighborhood, but I have been cooking on the same Weber for 15+ years and it is fantastic when done right.

People sacrifice taste for convenience, IMO.

Two of the basic food groups... ;)

+1 on the Weber. Went to a gas grill a few years back, and it's not the same.

massacre
07-05-2011, 04:25 AM
Everything I make is pure win.

MM2004
07-05-2011, 04:33 AM
My Fettucini Alfredo, I have been told is to die for.

Big plate of that with my garlic/cheese bread and peach tea (sweetened).

I also make a damn good Lasagna.

:drool: :food:

Mike.

PonyUP
07-05-2011, 06:34 AM

I kind of do a Hybrid with sauce, I like Basilla garlic and then I add in diced tomato's, onions, green peppers, some more garlic and a slight amount of diced jalapeno

PonyUP
07-05-2011, 06:35 AM

I think we should Chili dogs in a few weeks :D

Timw286
07-06-2011, 07:23 AM
Three meat chili...not too spicy not too weak.

CBT
07-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Three meat chili...not too spicy not too weak.

you would have to post that right around lunch time :food: