PDA

View Full Version : Ready for some mods!!

BlkMamba24
07-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Hey Dennis, I'm ready for my first round of mods :banana2:. I remember awhile back u posted something about a CAI that was a little better than the JLT. So I'm thinking about something like that and a tune. Im ready when u r.

jstevens
07-04-2011, 08:31 AM
You may want to research. There's JLT, Dennis, K & N and Musclemerc for CAI options. ITs basically a matter of choice.

SC Cheesehead
07-04-2011, 08:34 PM
You may want to research. There's JLT, Dennis, K & N and Musclemerc for CAI options. ITs basically a matter of choice.

And what you're willing to pay. Prices will run from $125 or so up to over $400.

IMO, best bang for the buck for initial mods are 4.10 gears and a tune. A CAI will give you a real nice sound, but outright performance improvements are minimal compared to what you'll see (and feel) with gears and a tune.

MMarauder03
07-04-2011, 08:43 PM
And what you're willing to pay. Prices will run from $125 or so up to over $400.

IMO, best bang for the buck for initial mods are 4.10 gears and a tune. A CAI will give you a real nice sound, but outright performance improvements are minimal compared to what you'll see (and feel) with gears and a tune.

+1 But my JLT has a cool noise! Haha

SC Cheesehead
07-04-2011, 08:46 PM
+1 But my JLT has a cool noise! Haha

For sure! I love the sound of a Marauder at WOT with a CAI installed.

The JLT is a nice set up, I had a PHP (aka Reinhart) on mine while I was still NA, IMO, they are the nicest looking set up, but not cheap.

MMarauder03
07-04-2011, 08:48 PM
For sure! I love the sound of a Marauder at WOT with a CAI installed.

The JLT is a nice set up, I had a PHP (aka Reinhart) on mine while I was still NA, IMO, they are the nicest looking set up, but not cheap.

You were right though, I didn't notice hardly any difference before/after my JLT

MrBluGruv
07-04-2011, 08:52 PM
IMO,

Gears + LT Headers + Tune = cheapest way to get quicker.

Gears + LT Headers + Stall + Tune = more serious way to get quicker, focused more on drag racing.

S/C + any of the above = Alternate route, or with supporting mods going very hard for power.

Things like U/D pulleys and Short-ram intakes and throttle body spacers are not really worth the outlay unless you just want to squeeze every last bit out of the engine.

If I could do it all over again, I'd get a Trilogy kit, get an exhaust note I liked and call it a day cause by then I'd be walking all over most of what's on the road.

SC Cheesehead
07-04-2011, 08:52 PM
You were right though, I didn't notice hardly any difference before/after my JLT

A CAI is a nice complement to Stage 1 mods, but as a stand-alone, sound is gonna be the biggest change you'll get from installation, IMO.

slickster
07-04-2011, 08:58 PM

+2. And jlt for the cai option

Jesse
07-04-2011, 08:58 PM
This is the thread I've been waiting for! I want to start messin with my Marquis but I'm fuzzy with where to start.

slickster
07-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Is a ewp better then pulleys. Or both if the answer is both do I need a smaller belt

SC Cheesehead
07-05-2011, 04:16 AM
Is a ewp better then pulleys. Or both if the answer is both do I need a smaller belt

EWP?

Not sure what that acroynm is.

As to underdrive pulleys, no stock belt size works.

CBT
07-05-2011, 04:18 AM

EWP?

Not sure what that acroynm is.

As to underdrive pulleys, no stock belt size works.

Electric Water Pump, newb!

SC Cheesehead
07-05-2011, 04:19 AM
Electric Water Pump, newb!

Gotcha!

Another option is the Stewart mechanical water pump, takes less HP to pump, IIRC.

Spectragod
07-05-2011, 06:07 AM
For sure! I love the sound of a Marauder at WOT with a Twin Screw installed.

The JLT is a nice set up, I had a PHP (aka Reinhart) on mine while I was still NA, IMO, they are the nicest looking set up, but not cheap.(unless you get a deal on a used one:D)

Fixed it for ya...........

SC Cheesehead
07-05-2011, 06:10 AM
Fixed it for ya...........

Both true... ;)

Dennis Reinhart
07-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Hey Dennis, I'm ready for my first round of mods :banana2:. I remember awhile back u posted something about a CAI that was a little better than the JLT. So I'm thinking about something like that and a tune. Im ready when u r.

I have then in stock