PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem...

Jesse
07-07-2011, 08:05 PM
I am a throttle junkie and my poor car pays the price. :help:
I will cruise around in 2nd gear just to hear it and that can't be good for the engine. Not at 50 - 55 MPH! I know I've done 90 in second too. I live on back roads full of ricers. I have this deep hate for ricers. I mean I'll haul ass to get up to one. But it really is like an addiction. I've been pretty hard on my Marquis and it shows a little. On a stone cold start up it does have like a rattle type sound for a split second. Also if the air is on and you start the car, you can smell a quick whiff of what smells like the inside of the oil fill cap come out the vents. Not very long but I know its from racin around the back roads like an idiot. So far no leaks or blue smoke though.
How do you guys manage to keep yours in overdrive and ignore idiots? I mean on a highway I'll do 80 just so nobody will pass me. I'll pass my exit to take care of an idiot in a neon. I'll rev it up at the retard with the riced out honda that works at Big Lots cause of my hate for rice. This thread might be retarded to you but I wanna calm down and save my car but not get frustrated at idiots in riced out econo boxes. Maybe even live longer who knows! I feel like an idiot posting this but why not...

SC Cheesehead
07-07-2011, 08:09 PM
I will cruise around in 2nd gear just to hear it and that can't be good for the engine. Not at 50 - 55 MPH! I know I've done 90 in second too. I live on back roads full of ricers. I have this deep hate for ricers. I mean I'll haul ass to get up to one. But it really is like an addiction. I've been pretty hard on my Marquis and it shows a little. On a stone cold start up it does have like a rattle type sound for a split second. Also if the air is on and you start the car, you can smell a quick whiff of what smells like the inside of the oil fill cap come out the vents. Not very long but I know its from racin around the back roads like an idiot. So far no leaks or blue smoke though.
How do you guys manage to keep yours in overdrive and ignore idiots? I mean on a highway I'll do 80 just so nobody will pass me. I'll pass my exit to take care of an idiot in a neon. I'll rev it up at the retard with the riced out honda that works at Big Lots cause of my hate for rice. This thread might be retarded to you but I wanna calm down and save my car but not get frustrated at idiots in riced out econo boxes. Maybe even live longer who knows! I feel like an idiot posting this but why not...

Uhhhh, maybe you feel like one because you drive like one?

Just sayin... :dunno:

slickster
07-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Run a thinner oil in cooler weather. Put rice killer on tag or decal on window that way you won't have to prove it

Black_Noise
07-07-2011, 08:21 PM
you'll grow out of some of it...... eventually

RacerX
07-07-2011, 08:32 PM
See a good shrink? Xanax, Valium, Klonopin or Ativan??? Don't know, a doctor is certainly the safest option for you, your car and those scared ricers.

Egon Spengler
07-08-2011, 05:43 AM
Your solution is to buy a toyota carolla and drive it like a normal person like I did.

SC Cheesehead
07-08-2011, 05:46 AM
Your solution is to buy a toyota carolla and drive it like a normal person like I did.

The man sez he hates rice, you wanna give him a heart attack? ;) -----> :D

Egon Spengler
07-08-2011, 05:51 AM
The man sez he hates rice, you wanna give him a heart attack? ;) -----> :D
He will get in to trouble! In my 12 years of driving, I have been stopped over two dozen times. This Corolla should keep me out of trouble for a while seeing as how I can't speed or burnout with it. It will also save me a ton of money on tires etc...

SC Cheesehead
07-08-2011, 05:52 AM
He will get in to trouble! In my 12 years of driving, I have been stopped over two dozen times. This Corolla should keep me out of trouble for a while seeing as how I can't speed or burnout with it. It will also save me a ton of money on tires etc...

True, that.

BTW, how's the bike running?

Papillon
07-08-2011, 05:57 AM

^^^^ LMAO!!!!

Honestly Jesse, eventually you'll realize that you don't have to prove yourself to anyone... Let the ricers rice on. YOU know what your car can do and that's all that matters. After many-a-years I've come to realize that it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks, its what YOU KNOW. So eff em.

(I know, the above sounds so cheesy and like a freakin Hallmark card but it's true)

MM2004
07-08-2011, 05:58 AM

All the above needs to be addressed. You are placing people's lives in danger over something, well, stupid IMO.

You car will live a short life and hopefully die before you or someone else.

Chill out, cruise and enjoy.

Mike.

SC Cheesehead
07-08-2011, 06:04 AM
All the above needs to be addressed. You are placing people's lives in danger over something, well, stupid IMO.

You car will live a short life and hopefully die before you or someone else.

Chill out, cruise and enjoy.

Mike.

Kinda what I was saying, but done much more tactfully, Mike... ;)

Vortex
07-08-2011, 06:05 AM
"I'll do 80 just so nobody will pass me. I'll pass my exit to take care of an idiot in a neon."

This is some kind of a joke, right? If not, please go away.

SC Cheesehead
07-08-2011, 06:07 AM
"I'll do 80 just so nobody will pass me. I'll pass my exit to take care of an idiot in a neon."

This is some kind of a joke, right? If not, please go away.

That's what I was hoping, but I think the OP was serious.

Egon Spengler
07-08-2011, 06:10 AM
True, that.

BTW, how's the bike running?
Bike runs awesome. I just entered it into a bike car show that pretty much shuts down Worcester MA and I couldn't believe the comments I was getting. Am pretty sure it will be getting some air time on the dvd for the show this year. People seem to love the color. I am happy I got the red one and not the blue. The red and chrome just looks killer. Everywhere I go I am always getting stopped by people saying how they love the bike. I got caught in the rain on the last day of the show, so I need to wash her this weekend.

Cheeseheadbob
07-08-2011, 06:14 AM
Jesse, I would suggest taking your soon to be crapped out GM to the track, put the gas pedal to the floor for about 18 seconds (about the time it will take your car to cover 1320 feet) and hot lap the ****z out of it. If that does not help you with your irresponsible and adolescent behavior, buy a Corolla.

MM2004
07-08-2011, 06:15 AM
Kinda what I was saying, but done much more tactfully, Mike... ;)

I gave some thought on how I should reply to Jesse.

And felt a direct approach might make him come to the realization that his actions may very well have negative consequences if he persists.

Maybe I came off a little too direct?

If so, my apologies.

;)

Mike.

SC Cheesehead
07-08-2011, 06:18 AM
I gave some thought on how I should reply to Jesse.

And felt a direct approach might make him come to the realization that his actions may very well have negative consequences if he persists.

Maybe I came off a little too direct?

If so, my apologies.

;)

Mike.

Ahhh, no; you didn't, I did.

But then again, Cheeseheadbob's post pretty much tells it like it is... ;) -----> :D

Egon Spengler
07-08-2011, 06:21 AM
CHeesehead - Pic of my bike from the show I spoke of on the previous page. Made the website.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg804/scaled.php?server=804&filename=mybike.jpg&res=medium

Blackened300a
07-08-2011, 06:21 AM
How do you guys manage to keep yours in overdrive and ignore idiots?

I care about my car, I have nothing to prove, and common sense.

Bluerauder
07-08-2011, 06:28 AM

The first step in curing a problem is admitting that you have one. Now, on to Step #2.

You said you were a shy guy regarding attendance at MV9. Guess that applies only "outside" the car.

... from a guy who owns a Corolla and can't even spell it.

From my experience, Toyota Corolla drivers are anything BUT normal and Corolla "S" drivers are even worse. I try to stay the H3LL away from them on the road.

Ozark Marauder
07-08-2011, 06:29 AM
You need to get up every morning, take a deep breath, go outside and take one of these for a 20 minute ride, then get in your car and chill out.....

http://strangefunnyworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/mini-bike-frame.jpg

Egon Spengler
07-08-2011, 06:30 AM
From my experience, Toyota Corolla drivers are anything BUT normal and Corolla "S" drivers are even worse. I try to stay the H3LL away from them on the road.

Ouch. Sounds like someone is jealous of my mpg and cost of ownership...

fastblackmerc
07-08-2011, 06:30 AM
i care about my car, i have nothing to prove, and common sense.

+1!!!!!!!!!!

Bluerauder
07-08-2011, 06:40 AM
Ouch. Sounds like someone is jealous of my mpg and cost of ownership...

Yeah, that COULD be it. ;) But it ain't. :P

Egon Spengler
07-08-2011, 06:44 AM
Yeah, that COULD be it. ;) But it ain't. :P
hehehe. trust me, I was very reluctant to do it, but I had to do what had to be done. I needed a lower monthly payment, a more reliable car, and a lower cost of ownership. The marauder was no long a reliable car for my commute. At least I still have the motorcycle to have fun with!

DOOM
07-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Are you saying you drive with the car in 2nd gear? Or are you driving with the O/D off?

MM2004
07-08-2011, 07:07 AM
Are you saying you drive with the car in 2nd gear? Or are you driving with the O/D off?

Ummm...

Both!

Mike.

RacerX
07-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Bike runs awesome. I just entered it into a bike car show that pretty much shuts down Worcester MA and I couldn't believe the comments I was getting. Am pretty sure it will be getting some air time on the dvd for the show this year. People seem to love the color. I am happy I got the red one and not the blue. The red and chrome just looks killer. Everywhere I go I am always getting stopped by people saying how they love the bike. I got caught in the rain on the last day of the show, so I need to wash her this weekend.

So what kind of bicycle do you have?

:lol:

http://www.jonco48.com/blog/bike1_small.jpg

DOOM
07-08-2011, 07:11 AM
ummm...

Both!

Mike.

ouch!!!!!!!

RF Overlord
07-08-2011, 07:13 AM
How do you guys manage to keep yours in overdrive and ignore idiots? It's called maturity and you obviously need some. By your own admission you're a very dangerous driver. Please let me know when you'll be anywhere near Massachusetts so I can be sure to not leave the house.

Egon Spengler
07-08-2011, 07:19 AM
It's called maturity and you obviously need some. By your own admission you're a very dangerous driver. Please let me know when you'll be anywhere near Massachusetts so I can be sure to not leave the house.
Same here. Stay away from MA! haha

Egon Spengler
07-08-2011, 07:20 AM
So what kind of bicycle do you have?

http://www.jonco48.com/blog/bike1_small.jpg
See post #19 there slappy. I would kill for the pee-wee herman bike! I love that thing!

PonyUP
07-08-2011, 07:21 AM
Thank God the OP is driving a MGM and not a Marauder. If you pushing 90 in second gear your car will blow up soon, and you'll deserve it.

There are plenty of places to go fast and get the thrills legally, suggest you do that like many have said.

And if this is how your treat your car, please oh God please don't ever buy a Marauder

RacerX
07-08-2011, 07:49 AM
See post #19 there slappy. I would kill for the pee-wee herman bike! I love that thing!
Saw it... Chose to be a knob anyway! :D Nice bike btw! :beer:

Egon Spengler
07-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Saw it... Chose to be a knob anyway! :D Nice bike btw! :beer:
hehehe. Thanks. I love the thing. I would definitely rock the PW Herman bike too though!

88LTDCV351
07-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Jesse, I think I uses to feel the same way. I hated cars from non-domestic companies. However, you really do grow out of it. And also, the price of gas really killed my need to push the pedal to the medal most of the time. The car does really well on gas mileage when you drive like grandpa.

rayjay
07-08-2011, 08:28 AM
IMHO, Jessie had good time pulling everyone's chain, I hope :rolleyes:

Bigdogjim
07-08-2011, 08:40 AM
hehehe. trust me, I was very reluctant to do it, but I had to do what had to be done. I needed a lower monthly payment, a more reliable car, and a lower cost of ownership. The marauder was no long a reliable car for my commute. At least I still have the motorcycle to have fun with!

I do not know you personally only from reading your post's. I have no real issues with you as a person. That said I wish you would stop trying to justifiy why you traded the marauder for a what ever car. I take your post as "slam" towards marauder's as un-reliable. Sounds like the reasons you give are all "personal" so what works for you does not mean it will work for us/me. I woulld rather pay more for fuel each time I fill up then to lay in hospital bed for months or weeks because someone (maybe like poster # 1 above) slamed into me beccause he had a death wish.

Again nothing personal. Just remember this is a marauder forum. WE all like our big gas guzzlers that cost tons of money to keep on the road.:)

88LTDCV351
07-08-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm not sure why some have had unreliable marauders. I'm at 112,000 miles major problem free. And with some tips here, i.e. EATC, BCM, I've saved lots of moula on repairs.

fastblackmerc
07-08-2011, 09:25 AM
I'm not sure why some have had unreliable marauders. I'm at 112,000 miles major problem free. And with some tips here, i.e. EATC, BCM, I've saved lots of moula on repairs.

Preventative maintenance is key.... for any vehicle.

Egon Spengler
07-08-2011, 09:30 AM
I do not know you personally only from reading your post's. I have no real issues with you as a person. That said I wish you would stop trying to justifiy why you traded the marauder for a what ever car. I take your post as "slam" towards marauder's as un-reliable. Sounds like the reasons you give are all "personal" so what works for you does not mean it will work for us/me. I woulld rather pay more for fuel each time I fill up then to lay in hospital bed for months or weeks because someone (maybe like poster # 1 above) slamed into me beccause he had a death wish.

Again nothing personal. Just remember this is a marauder forum. WE all like our big gas guzzlers that cost tons of money to keep on the road.:)
It is all in good fun sir. I love big gas guzzlers and am only joking around. Remember, I owned one when gas was hitting big money. The reliability issue is more a matter of the fact that she was getting old and my work commute is a decent length. My choice was to save some money and have peace of mind driving a two year old car instead of an 8. I am only kidding when I say that stuff. I did love my marauder and I will miss her. Just had to put on my big boy pants and make the tough decision to ship her down the river.

CBT
07-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Ummm...

Both!

That's what she said! :high5:

Spectragod
07-08-2011, 09:40 AM

Maybe you could just drive in reverse, the car won't go as fast backwards. :D

But really, if your being honest with the above post, you certainly have some "growing up" to do. We were all young once, everybody hits that maturity level at different stages of their lives, some never do.

It is possible that talking with someone, friend, family member or even a doctor, may be able to steer you towards the direction that you need to be going in.

Good luck with what ever choice you make, but remember, if someone gets hurt by your driving rage, you can be held accountable, think about everyone else's lives that will be changed by one "oopsie" behind the wheel, it won't be just yourself that will be affected.

cougar9150
07-08-2011, 09:41 AM
I care about my car, I have nothing to prove, and common sense.

Basically the same way here. When I get a jerk who doesn't get the point and keeps revving his engine for me to race him at a stop light I usually have them roll down the windows and I tell them: "I know what my car is capable of and don't give a **** what yours can do. Keep it rolling and stop acting like an ***".

Then a roll my window up and pull off like grandma. I have gotten too many tickets over the years, been in a couple pretty bad accidents, spent way to much time and money on my current car, and one of my best friends lost his son to street racing less than a year ago. These are just a few of the things I think of before letting someone goad me into acting dumb on the street and endangering myself along with anyone else on the street.

Yes I drive faster than other people on occasion and will romp it on the open highway but I won't act like an ass on public streets around town. If I want to race I'll hit one of the 3-4 tracks that are within an hour of 2 of me. Plenty of rice to eat on test and tune nights.

kernie
07-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Basically the same way here. When I get a jerk who doesn't get the point and keeps revving his engine for me to race him at a stop light I usually have them roll down the windows and I tell them: "I know what my car is capable of and don't give a **** what yours can do. Keep it rolling and stop acting like an ***".

Then a roll my window up and pull off like grandma. I have gotten too many tickets over the years, been in a couple pretty bad accidents, spent way to much time and money on my curr car, and one of my best friends lost his son to street racing. These are just a few of the things I think of before letting someone goad me into acting dumb on the street and endanger myself along with anyone else on the street.

Yes I drive faster than other people on occasion and will romp it on the open highway but I won't act like an ass on public streets around town. If I want to race I'll hit one of the 3-4 tracks that are within an hour of 2 of me. Plenty of rice to eat on test and tune nights.

Someone a while back mentioned that at lights when he knew the other guy wanted to go, he would anticipate the light and start rolling. The light would change and the other guy would blast off while he just drove normal.

I do that now, it's fun!

:beer:

CBT
07-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Someone a while back mentioned that at lights when he knew the other guy wanted to go, he would anticipate the light and start rolling. The light would change and the other guy would blast off while he just drove normal.

I do that now, it's fun!

LOL!! Wait, which car are you?

kernie
07-08-2011, 09:54 AM
LOL!! Wait, which car are you?

Ha! It would be funny if both cars did that!

CBT
07-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Ha! It would be funny if both cars did that!

LOL!! Wait, did which one?

SC Cheesehead
07-08-2011, 10:01 AM

I do that now, it's fun!

I LIKE that idea! :D

RacerX
07-08-2011, 10:48 AM

I do that now, it's fun!

I baited someone in a ricerized Mustang last year, he didn't see the cop at the light on a side street ahead. The look his buddy gave me when I rolled by him pulled over was priceless!

My best Friend (God rest his soul) used to wait until people were in the middle of a crosswalk then floor the gas pedal in neutral, it made me just about pee myself when people jumped out of their skin!

Motorhead350
07-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Jessie, I gotta say a few things. Don't worry about what the others say. I do the same exact thing with my car, BUT I do not go 90 in second gear unless I am racing it at the strip. Even then, that's when the car decides to shift... so those saying 90 in second in stupid have never watched their speedo when racing down the 1320. 90 or right around 90 is the shift point, even in a stock Marauder.

I too will go an extra exit just to finish screwing with someone, but I haven't done that in a while. Usually if I go an extra exit it's to catch a Marauder and say hello.

I do not understand the hate of "rice". If you ever talk to these people respectfully, they will do the same to you. I have never had a problem with these people even when I was driving a rusty Chevy truck in their scene. Afterall, they are into cars too just like you, may not be your taste, but the hobby is still there. If you wanna just instantly hate the people because of what they drive go ahead, but you are missing out on some good times. Sometimes they have other cars too... that aren't Japanese, just didn't drive them that day.

As far as driving reckless, the more I drive the more risky I found it is. I almost wrecked a few times, once in my dads car. All because I didn't think anyone or any tree was around that corner. It really is a miracle I have never been in a high speed accident, but those events did change the way I drive and for the better.

These days the only racing I do is off stop lights up to the speed limit. The drag strip really isn't fun because most of those people trailered their cars, so there really aren't a lotta people you can beat. For what you drive I would recommend bracket racing. Being N/A will make you run constant too. Thats what I plan to do when I get this blower off my car.

In the end be careful, but have fun. Don't ever grow up, being mature is boring.

88LTDCV351
07-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Oh, and another reason my heavy foot went away. Got beat too many times. The Marauder isn't a spring chicken like these imports or Chargers/Challenger/300.

Motorhead350
07-08-2011, 11:42 AM
I am really going to hate getting rid of my supercharger!!!!

Seneca
07-08-2011, 01:10 PM
just........ WOW!!!!:depress:

fesifisky
07-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Find a Marauder in good shape(most importantly mechanically), put in an intake and good tires. Then channel your hatred for these imports through laughing maniacally at them because you know you can beat their ass and still have plenty of pedal left.

Well, that's what I did and it keeps the anger in check.

But in closing, please heed the great actor Bill Murray's advice: 'don't drive angry!'

RF Overlord
07-09-2011, 02:49 AM
Don't worry about what the others say.Dom, he admits to driving like an imbecile and he is a danger to everyone else on the road. You said above that you've learned your lesson, so to speak; don't encourage him to make the same mistakes you did...he may not be as lucky.

I do not understand the hate of "rice". If you ever talk to these people respectfully, they will do the same to you. Afterall, they are into cars too just like you, may not be your taste, but the hobby is still there. If you wanna just instantly hate the people because of what they drive go ahead, but you are missing out on some good times.Right on, brah. :up:

Jesse
07-09-2011, 07:52 AM
I would like to say thanks for all the advice and thoughts on the subject. You guys are a great bunch of gear heads. I love my Marquis even though it isn't a Marauder... Though I'd love a Marauder more ;)
Anyway I've put some thought into this. Yesterday I took the Marquis to get and cash my check. Never left over drive. It was a nice cruise. I didn't take off from traffic lights and stop signs with a heavy foot either. I hate someone on my ass but eh there could be worse things. Today is a nice day so I plan to wash her real good, shine up the tires, and just cruise. It's easier than I thought. Now this might sound retarded, but I felt good parkin her yesterday knowing that I wasn't abusive.
But somebody was right about me. I am a shy guy. I'll hold a door for anyone, make sure the person that really is next gets the gas pump after me, and detail friends cars for free. But for some reason behind the wheel, a rice can on a damn sunfire, and the douche bag behind the wheel with his crooked hat, will set me off. Especially if he revs it up at me. But I think I'll just give him the jerkoff gesture and be on my way.
Again though thanks for your input guys. I am looking forward to meeting you and talking car talk. I want to learn more about the Panther platform and the Marauder.
BTW, someone better let me sit in their Marauder. I have yet to touch one or get a ride in one. I wanna feel some hard acceleration!

Bigdogjim
07-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Easy come to MV-IX and you can drive mine......

SC Cheesehead
07-09-2011, 08:08 AM
I would like to say thanks for all the advice and thoughts on the subject. You guys are a great bunch of gear heads. I love my Marquis even though it isn't a Marauder... Though I'd love a Marauder more ;)
Anyway I've put some thought into this. Yesterday I took the Marquis to get and cash my check. Never left over drive. It was a nice cruise. I didn't take off from traffic lights and stop signs with a heavy foot either. I hate someone on my ass but eh there could be worse things. Today is a nice day so I plan to wash her real good, shine up the tires, and just cruise. It's easier than I thought. Now this might sound retarded, but I felt good parkin her yesterday knowing that I wasn't abusive.
But somebody was right about me. I am a shy guy. I'll hold a door for anyone, make sure the person that really is next gets the gas pump after me, and detail friends cars for free. But for some reason behind the wheel, a rice can on a damn sunfire, and the douche bag behind the wheel with his crooked hat, will set me off. Especially if he revs it up at me. But I think I'll just give him the jerkoff gesture and be on my way.
Again though thanks for your input guys. I am looking forward to meeting you and talking car talk. I want to learn more about the Panther platform and the Marauder.
BTW, someone better let me sit in their Marauder. I have yet to touch one or get a ride in one. I wanna feel some hard acceleration!

Well, come to MV9 and I guarantee you'll get to sit in a bunch of Marauders, not to mention get a ride or two!

Also, would really enjoy meeting you! :up:

RacerX
07-09-2011, 08:09 AM
I have yet to touch one or get a ride on one. I wanna feel some hard acceleration!
That's what she said!!! :beer:

Too easy!;)

Dude, if you're for real, you just gained some insight and wisdom that some don't ever get. Save it for the track. :cool:

Jesse
07-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Awesome guys! I'm plannin on a 3 day weekend up there! :banana2:
But I had what I thought was a funny idea. If a ricer idiot tries to harass me, I'll just tell him to meet me at the local drag strip (Beaver Springs) and we can settle it there.
Anyway I did get to the car wash today and cleaned it up. For some reason I had a mid 90's Le Sabre trying to keep me from getting in the passing lane on the highway. I don't get why. If I would slow down or speed up, he would too. But instead of being an idiot like usual I waited till there was room, signaled, and moved over. He did start flashing his lights and tail gating me for some reason but I just gave the brakes a little tap and continued. That was the end of it. Progress haha :P
I have a thing for Crown Vic police cruisers and I happened to see one. So I did something I've always wanted to do. I parked beside it and took a couple pictures!

Bigdogjim
07-09-2011, 03:05 PM
If I got to the drag strip that night at MV-IX you can take amy stock marauder down the track......

See this is what we (mm.net) are all about:up:

Jesse
07-09-2011, 03:58 PM
If I got to the drag strip that night at MV-IX you can take amy stock marauder down the track......

See this is what we (mm.net) are all about:up:

My girlfriend laughed at me cause I just repeated that like a little kid excited about something. Some women don't get it ;)

justbob
07-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Thank God the OP is driving a MGM and not a Marauder. If you pushing 90 in second gear your car will blow up soon, and you'll deserve it.

There are plenty of places to go fast and get the thrills legally, suggest you do that like many have said.

And if this is how your treat your car, please oh God please don't ever buy a Marauder
My car shifts at 96...at the track. :D

Here's what you need to do. Instead of proving yourself, simply ignore them altogether. If they persist, simply do what I do, glance over while slowly shaking your head and just grin with 100% confidence. Lights turns green, yank that car out of the hole like Ms Daisy! It gets them SOOOO fired up!

But. I do not like tailgators (unless in a line of 30 something Marauders who I have complete trust in) When I have someone crammed up my bumper, I WILL leave two 40' black marks at precisely 38 MPH. :beatnik: They usually understand that tid bit of "universal language".

My girlfriend laughed at me cause I just repeated that like a little kid excited about something. Some women don't get it ;)
Oh but some do. My wife Melanie LOVED her amusement park ride down the 1320' and hangs out in the garage watching, learning, and even helping without having to ask. :P

Jesse
07-10-2011, 08:27 AM
That is really awesome! My girlfriend won't even drive mine. Then again she's messed up her car 3 times in the past 2 years. I've never had to deal insurance companies for anything that was my fault... Knock on wood!

jstevens
07-10-2011, 09:07 AM
[But. I do not like tailgators (unless in a line of 30 something Marauders who I have complete trust in) When I have someone crammed up my bumper, I WILL leave two 40' black marks at precisely 38 MPH. :beatnik: They usually understand that tid bit of "universal language".

I do not like tailgators as well. I'll usually drop out of overdrive and hit triple digits to open up some space. They usually don't come back.

DEFYANT
07-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Jesse, I would suggest taking your soon to be crapped out GM to the track, put the gas pedal to the floor for about 18 seconds (about the time it will take your car to cover 1320 feet) and hot lap the ****z out of it. If that does not help you with your irresponsible and adolescent behavior, buy a Corolla.

Well, I just stopped reading this tread at this point. Well said ole friend. :beer:

Jesse
07-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Well, I just stopped reading this tread at this point. Well said ole friend. :beer:

Read on. It's actually a good thread. Not really sure what you even mean to be honest. :confused:

Motorhead350
07-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Dom, he admits to driving like an imbecile and he is a danger to everyone else on the road. You said above that you've learned your lesson, so to speak; don't encourage him to make the same mistakes you did...he may not be as lucky.

Experience is the best teacher. I guess I am lucky, too lucky sometimes. :burnout:

Papillon
07-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Awesome guys! I'm plannin on a 3 day weekend up there! :banana2:
But I had what I thought was a funny idea. If a ricer idiot tries to harass me, I'll just tell him to meet me at the local drag strip (Beaver Springs) and we can settle it there.

Uuuummm..... We have Beaver Springs BOOKED for Marauderville 9 on Friday night!!! So you have NOOO excuse not to at least make it THAT night if not every night. You'll get to see all the Marauders you want and all 4 colors. Supercharged ones, completely stock ones, chromed out ones, and is Sherman comes, you'll get to see (one) of the fastest Marauders go down the track in less then 10 seconds!!!

So in other words, COME TO MV9 so you can have your fix of MM, meet us all and have a good time!

Also, glad to hear you took it easy on the car after reading everyone's input :up:

Jesse
07-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Uuuummm..... We have Beaver Springs BOOKED for Marauderville 9 on Friday night!!! So you have NOOO excuse not to at least make it THAT night if not every night. You'll get to see all the Marauders you want and all 4 colors. Supercharged ones, completely stock ones, chromed out ones, and is Sherman comes, you'll get to see (one) of the fastest Marauders go down the track in less then 10 seconds!!!

So in other words, COME TO MV9 so you can have your fix of MM, meet us all and have a good time!

Also, glad to hear you took it easy on the car after reading everyone's input :up:

Oh yea! I'll have my phone cleaned out and ready for pictures and videos too!

Papillon
07-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Oh yea! I'll have my phone cleaned out and ready for pictures and videos too!

Great!!! Excited to meet you & have you there!

Jesse
07-31-2011, 08:39 AM
Ok guys I have an update! Since driving like a pappy I have seen better gas mileage. Also I no longer smell oil come through the vents of the car when I fire it up with the A/C left on. Not sure how the hell that works but I like it. Now I have given it some gas once or twice but I don't really floor it or shift myself. I did replace my spark plugs yesterday. They were a little on the white side. I'm guessing that's from the beatings I used to give it. It's runnin pretty smooth now though! Only problem was my stupid ass forgot two plugs for sensors when I was done. Now and for the first time ever my CEL is on :(
I hope it's cheap to reset.

RF Overlord
07-31-2011, 11:55 AM
If the CEL was in fact caused by a couple of missed connectors, then it will clear by itself after a couple of driving cycles.

Fosters
07-31-2011, 01:35 PM
you'll grow out of some of it...... eventually

This. I drive the MM like a grandpa, I like the ride, the subtle but attitude filled exhaust note, the ability to pass a prius (as opposed to the diesel jetta it replaced), and so on. However, when I get in the mustang, I still turn into that person... For some reason that thing attracts attention from all of the geniuses on the road, from ricers to diesel trucks, to trailblazer SSs, to even a passat station wagon one time... :o

Jesse
08-01-2011, 02:51 PM
If the CEL was in fact caused by a couple of missed connectors, then it will clear by itself after a couple of driving cycles.

Yep! It cleared itself yesterday. :banana2:

This. I drive the MM like a grandpa, I like the ride, the subtle but attitude filled exhaust note, the ability to pass a prius (as opposed to the diesel jetta it replaced), and so on. However, when I get in the mustang, I still turn into that person... For some reason that thing attracts attention from all of the geniuses on the road, from ricers to diesel trucks, to trailblazer SSs, to even a passat station wagon one time... :o

It's a little frustrating for me when someone is on my butt but I'll live. I find myself trying to get over hills without leaving over drive. I miss the gas mileage I had before I removed the downsrteam cats though. But i still like the sound more :cool4: