PDA

View Full Version : Best offers

justbob
07-08-2011, 06:18 PM
I opened four for sale adds today to see three of them just say "best offer". When did this turn into ebay?

Discuss.

MMarauder03
07-08-2011, 06:23 PM
I opened four for sale adds today to see three of them just say "best offer". When did this turn into ebay?

Discuss.

I was thinking the same thing. I want a procharger but if nobody's putting a price and just throwing a number out privately you don't even know where you're at. So I didn't bother responding to either of the posts for them.

I guess centri style supercharger, not just procharger

MOTOWN
07-08-2011, 06:34 PM
I always look at those adds as "offer what you like" ,all they can do is decline your offer, or accept it.

ImpalaSlayer
07-08-2011, 06:38 PM
i generally dont mind them but sometimes i dont wana low ball the guy.

guspech750
07-08-2011, 06:41 PM
I say scew them. No price to start. Low ball the hell out of them.

But. I have also been annoyed when the seller posts a price or best offer. And they decline the offer and tell me they want the asking price. WTF??? Don't say best offer then jackass!!
Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

Spectragod
07-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Hell, I post ads with prices, then have a bunch of goofs jump on the "your price is too high" bandwagon. The last ad for floor mats I had the mods shut down, it gets old taking crap from people who want what your selling, but because they cannot afford it, the berate you for selling at your asking price.

The last items I gave away for free, car carpet and trunk carpet, cost me $136 and change for shipping, that the recipient (David Cruz, aka dbc1965), never bothered to pay. Anything I have for sale will just go to Ebay, no point in trying to pass deals on here, way too many free loaders that want to insult the seller.:mad2:

Rant mode off..............

justbob
07-08-2011, 07:09 PM
I just hate being that "lowball guy" but even worse missing out on what could have been a dream deal. You know what your item is worth, at least throw SOME kind of number out and take offers.

On some forums no price threads aren't even allowed so everyone is in the same ballpark.

Bigdogjim
07-08-2011, 07:17 PM
The ones that razz me are the ad's that end $xx.xx and the letter's............OBO.

OK tell your asking then say you will take my best offer:lol:

PonyUP
07-08-2011, 07:36 PM
I'll offer $8 for all four offers, that's my best offer. See how OBO works? Do your research, find a fair market price, post, negotiate. Seems simple to me. I'm with you Bob

Georges93LX
07-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Just for the record my parts-lights ad says "Make an Offer". It looks the same but really it's different. Trust me.;):D Oh! and make an offer.

a_d_a_m
07-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Anything I have for sale will just go to Ebay, no point in trying to pass deals on here, way too many free loaders that want to insult the seller. Don't write off a fellow Ohioan... :beer:

napolitano
07-09-2011, 02:35 AM
Look at it two ways. They are *******s or they are clueless as to what to ask for an item. Either way I don't want to spend time teaching people what is a reasonable price for something. All my selling and buying experiences have been positive so far. Bought and sold over $3,000 of stuff. This is supposed to be a trusted community where we all have the same interest.

Mr. Man
07-09-2011, 09:03 AM
You couldn't pay me enough to take those crappy Disco LP's off your hands:P

Disco Sucks:D

justbob
07-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Just for the record my parts-lights ad says "Make an Offer". It looks the same but really it's different. Trust me.;):D Oh! and make an offer.
I have been AMAZED at some of your give away prices George!

You couldn't pay me enough to take those crappy Disco LP's off your hands:P

Disco Sucks:D

Eric o buddy o pal, when are you gonna confess to shakin that big o booty of yours huh? Paula told me ALL about it... :) Come to the darkside, it's 2011 and considered okay now foo!

Mr. Man
07-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Eric o buddy o pal, when are you gonna confess to shakin that big o booty of yours huh? Paula told me ALL about it... :) Come to the darkside, it's 2011 and considered okay now foo!

I have been known to "Shake my Money Maker "on occasion, never my booty, to Boogie Woogie.:beatnik:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9b3ZZywQvg&feature=related

Saw your For Sale/OBO on your Hammer parachute pants on E-bay.:rofl: How come your selling?:P

SC Cheesehead
07-09-2011, 09:42 AM
I'll offer $8 for all four offers, that's my best offer. See how OBO works? Do your research, find a fair market price, post, negotiate. Seems simple to me. I'm with you Bob

Yup. $8.00 is a good starting point.

I'm always willing to go down from there...;)

Fosters
07-11-2011, 11:07 AM

But. I have also been annoyed when the seller posts a price or best offer. And they decline the offer and tell me they want the asking price. WTF??? Don't say best offer then jackass!!
Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

Amen to that... happened when I was shopping for the MM. I walked away, ended up buying one nearly double the price... :o

MrBluGruv
07-11-2011, 12:53 PM

I think I can second this idea.

The item CLEARLY has no serious value to them, or at least is unimportant enough that they won't demand a starting point, so why not offer what it's worth to you (i.e. pocket change)? :P

Seriously though, sounds like the behavior of someone who doesn't want to limit themselves to even the fair market value, so they hope someone over-shoots their expectations. This of course almost never happens, and frequently the greediness of said seller leads them to become upset at the lower offers ("Why would you lowball me on that!?" when they didn't even post a starting point...)

justbob
07-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Soooo? Can anything be done about this? Hello? Mods? Seems easy to me. Your product, make a price. Don't know what to ask? Ask before you place the add or here's a great idea ~ GOOGLE IT.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Motorhead350
07-19-2011, 05:52 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I want a procharger but if nobody's putting a price and just throwing a number out privately you don't even know where you're at. So I didn't bother responding to either of the posts for them.

I guess centri style supercharger, not just procharger

Good. Those who are interested respond and those who feel it isn't worth the trouble don't respond. It seems like you haven't sold anything of high value on the site, if you did you would understand. Most of the items I have bought off here didn't have posted prices. The offers are only the sellers business and not the buyers. So I'm actually telling you to mind your own business. If you wanna make it your business you make an offer, don't complain how you don't like the sellers way of business, do nothing and complain about it.

Hell, I post ads with prices, then have a bunch of goofs jump on the "your price is too high" bandwagon. The last ad for floor mats I had the mods shut down, it gets old taking crap from people who want what your selling, but because they cannot afford it, the berate you for selling at your asking price.

Yup.........

Spectragod
07-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Good. Those who are interested respond and those who feel it isn't worth the trouble don't respond. It seems like you haven't sold anything of high value on the site, if you did you would understand. Most of the items I have bought off here didn't have posted prices. The offers are only the sellers business and not the buyers. So I'm actually telling you to mind your own business. If you wanna make it your business you make an offer, don't complain how you don't like the sellers way of business, do nothing and complain about it.

Yup.........

Yup??? You are one of the one's that ran your mouth about my asking price, how about I trash one of your threads with the same B.S. that you sling?

As far as posting a price, post what you want for it, otherwise if your just looking for the highest offer, go to ebay.

Questions?............

Motorhead350
07-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Yup??? You are one of the one's that ran your mouth about my asking price, how about I trash one of your threads with the same B.S. that you sling?

As far as posting a price, post what you want for it, otherwise if your just looking for the highest offer, go to ebay.

Questions?............

Ummm yeah. What are you talking about and what good is this doing you or me?

Da Dark Jedi
07-19-2011, 06:35 PM
So what your saying is, it's the sellers right to turn this forum into ebay if he so choose? So lets be real... you do this alot. It should not matter if the item is high or low in value. Should we interupt every 4Sale thread if no price is posted? Should we choose whos post is allowed?

Motorhead350
07-19-2011, 06:44 PM
So what your saying is, it's the sellers right to turn this forum into ebay if he so choose? So lets be real... you do this alot. It should not matter if the item is high or low in value. Should we interupt every 4Sale thread if no price is posted? Should we choose whos post is allowed?

Wait Leon are you typing to me? If so, I just say the seller sells however they want. If they get a buyer they get a buyer, if they don't they don't simple as that.

I bought my headers on here years ago this very way.... make an offer. I gave a offer and I got my item. Whoever makes the best offer wins and no one except the seller knows the other offers. It works and I like it that way.

If you post a price on this site (these days) people will complain on how high it is unless it's pretty obvious the price is so low the seller just wants quick cash for whatever the dilemma is. Now it seems a "good deal" is a total kick in the pants to the seller, but they will sell quickly because it's not the buyer being ripped off, it's the seller being taken advantage of. Even if the price is right where it "should" be, people will still say it's too high and wanna talk it down.

If all sales and deals are worked out though PM, it bypasses all the on-line drama and a train wreck thread.

If someone doesn't like how the seller wishes to sell, do not get involved.

Da Dark Jedi
07-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Point given... so everyone should not trash 4Sale threads on price or other things. I only hope it works.

Spectragod
07-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Wait Leon are you typing to me? If so, I just say the seller sells however they want. If they get a buyer they get a buyer, if they don't they don't simple as that.

I bought my headers on here years ago this very way.... make an offer. I gave a offer and I got my item. Whoever makes the best offer wins and no one except the seller knows the other offers. It works and I like it that way.

If you post a price on this site (these days) people will complain on how high it is unless it's pretty obvious the price is so low the seller just wants quick cash for whatever the dilemma is. Now it seems a "good deal" is a total kick in the pants to the seller, but they will sell quickly because it's not the buyer being ripped off, it's the seller being taken advantage of. Even if the price is right where it "should" be, people will still say it's too high and wanna talk it down.

If all sales and deals are worked out though PM, it bypasses all the on-line drama and a train wreck thread.

If someone doesn't like how the seller wishes to sell, do not get involved.

That part right there.... remember that, next time you bash someone for asking what YOU think is too much.

jstevens
07-20-2011, 08:57 AM
And please don't gang up on people selling their MM's. I'm sure it was not an easy decision for them.

Da Dark Jedi
07-20-2011, 10:39 AM
And please don't gang up on people selling their MM's. I'm sure it was not an easy decision for them.

Well said! RESPECT !!!

Motorhead350
07-20-2011, 11:42 AM
That part right there.... remember that, next time you bash someone for asking what YOU think is too much.

I still don't know what you are talking about, but very well.

Spectragod
07-20-2011, 06:57 PM
I still don't know what you are talking about, but very well.

You must have been off your meds that day.........:lol:

Motorhead350
07-21-2011, 05:44 AM
You must have been off your meds that day.........:lol:

I ran out of the ones to tolerate you.

Spectragod
07-21-2011, 09:13 AM
I ran out of the ones to tolerate you.

Really? I'll keep that in mind next time your in my area.......

MrBluGruv
07-21-2011, 09:15 AM
http://www.pacificfab.net/gallery/d/1563-1/Oh+Snap.jpg

Motorhead350
07-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Really? I'll keep that in mind next time your in my area.......

Not like you'll respond anyway. :P

Spectragod
07-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Not like you'll respond anyway. :P

You got me there, I did get your PM's, but way too much work to take much of a break, sorry about that. :beer:

Motorhead350
07-22-2011, 12:19 AM
We'll figure it out someday. You're still alright in my book as long as you keep you car. :D

Da Dark Jedi
07-22-2011, 01:06 PM
:beer::beer::beer: Does this mean ROOT BEER for all! ;)

Motorhead350
07-22-2011, 02:04 PM
For me. I usually drive people to the hard stuff.

:lol: