PDA

View Full Version : Going To Iowa

Ms. Denmark
07-10-2011, 07:50 AM
I'm going back to my home state of Iowa on Tue. July 26, flying in to Waterloo that evening . (My mom and niece are flying in from California.) I'll stay overnight in Traer and on Wed. drive out to western Iowa and spend 3 nights in Fort Dodge. On Sat. we have a family reunion planned in Mason City/Nora Springs area. On Sun.7/31, I hope to meet up with Black Noise and the guys doing the Amana Colonies cruise. If possible, my niece and I will go along for that (even tho I'll be driving a rental :o) Looks like we'll meet in Marshalltown, which is GREAT because I need my Maidrite and malted milk fix! So we hope that all works out. Thanks to the Iowa guys for including me! I would also love to meet Myrodder(from Fort Dodge) if anyone knows how to reach her. And if TooManyFords is around, it would be great to see him again. It's always great to meet other MM.net members so feel free to pm me if you'll be in the Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Mason City, Traer, or Fort Dodge/Humboldt area. Looking forward to seeing my beautiful home state again...and hopefully meet some Iowa Marauder owners too.:)

Bigdogjim
07-10-2011, 08:22 AM
I thought only corn was Iowa:lol:

Enjoy the trip:)

TooManyFords
07-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Let me know if you need any help. I only live about a mile from the waterloo airport.

Cheers!

John

Ms. Denmark
07-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Let me know if you need any help. I only live about a mile from the waterloo airport.

Cheers!

John Well John, I could use a Marauder! :D Seriously though, thanks and maybe we'll see you.

Mr. Man
07-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Let me know if you need any help. I only live about a mile from the Waterloo airport.

Cheers!

John
John are you going on the cruise in "PureEvil"? Put a back seat in it as my niece is a car nut and would seriously get a kick out of your car.:)

SC Cheesehead
07-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Well John, I'd like to abuse your Marauder! :D Seriously! Thanks and make sure it's got a full tank of 110 octane when I see you.

Fixed it for you, Paula! :D

TooManyFords
07-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Well John, I could use a Marauder! :D Seriously though, thanks and maybe we'll see you.I would enjoy seeing you again too.

John are you going on the cruise in "PureEvil"? Put a back seat in it as my niece is a car nut and would seriously get a kick out of your car.:)No, ProRauder is currently in about a 100 different parts while working on the upgrades. Regardless, there is no more back seat area, so your niece would have to ride up front when she does.

Fixed it for you, Paula! :DLOL! I've skipped past 110 and gone straight to Alcohol for ProRauder. No worries, the beater maraduer is still running and will be on the cruise.

soultosoul13
07-11-2011, 07:05 AM
hope you can make it on the 31st.

Bluerauder
07-11-2011, 08:14 AM
I'm going back to my home state of Iowa on Tue. July 26, flying in to Waterloo that evening .

Sounds like you are making this trip by your lonesome. Have fun and enjoy the visit.

Don't forget to leave a clean litterbox and the autofeeder for Eric. :P Maybe the neighbors can look in on him every day while you are gone. ;)

SILVERSURFER03
07-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Have fun mrs.d

RF Overlord
07-11-2011, 09:17 AM
You're from Iowa? Do you know Walter O'Reilly?
Don't forget to leave a clean litterbox and the autofeeder for Eric.Don't worry about Eric. Paul told me he has the w/o to deliver the whiskey tanker so Mr. Man will be fine.

Bigdogjim
07-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Sounds like you are making this trip by your lonesome. Have fun and enjoy the visit.

Don't forget to leave a clean litterbox and the autofeeder for Eric. :P Maybe the neighbors can look in on him every day while you are gone. ;)

Also take the key's for the SB:):P

Micahdogg
07-11-2011, 12:49 PM
I just got REAL intimate with a lot of those areas you described in Iowa as I travelled up there to buy a Marauder this weekend.

Micah

dakslim
07-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Ah, a true midwesterner like myself...South Dakota here. My dad was born in Storm Lake, Ia. and my mom grew up in Sioux City.

SC Cheesehead
07-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Ah, a true midwesterner like myself...South Dakota here. My dad was born in Storm Lake, Ia. and my mom grew up in Sioux City.

So, how'd you end up in SD, Phil? How did your folks meet?

(Sorry for the thead hijack, Paula... :o)

Mr. Man
07-11-2011, 02:04 PM
You're from Iowa? Do you know Walter O'Reilly?Don't worry about Eric. Paul told me he has the w/o to deliver the whiskey tanker so Mr. Man will be fine.
Radar's from Ottumwa, SSE I think? The Duke was from Winterset!

dakslim
07-11-2011, 02:08 PM
So, how'd you end up in SD, Phil? How did your folks meet?

(Sorry for the thead hijack, Paula... :o)

A long story...to be told over a beer or several methinks.:beer:

Ladyhawke
07-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Radar's from Ottumwa, SSE I think? The Duke was from Winterset!

And wasn't John Wayne Casey from Waterloo, IA?

Micahdogg
07-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Gacy, and yes. And he spent time in my town of Springfield, IL. His brother lived next door to one of my high school buddies. Always creeped me out.

Ms. Denmark
07-11-2011, 03:43 PM
I thought only corn was Iowa:lol:

Enjoy the trip:)
No Jim...they got soy beans and hogs, too! And pop...;)

hope you can make it on the 31st. Thank you, I hope so too!

Oh, did Bernie forget to mention it? Eric's coming down to stay with you guys! Good home cooking and good company and all! Enjoy! LOL!

Also take the key's for the SB:):P
:cool: Thanks for the reminder...

I just got REAL intimate with a lot of those areas you described in Iowa as I travelled up there to buy a Marauder this weekend.

MicahCongratulations! Bring it back on the 31st for the cruise to the Amanas and meet the Iowa Boys!

Ah, a true midwesterner like myself...South Dakota here. My dad was born in Storm Lake, Ia. and my mom grew up in Sioux City. I knew I liked you!!

SC Cheesehead
07-11-2011, 08:44 PM
A long story...to be told over a beer or several methinks.:beer:

Gotcha.

So you don't remember, do you?:P

Bigdogjim
07-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Gotcha.

So you don't remember, do you?:P

I felt that from here. ouch:help::eek:

soultosoul13
07-12-2011, 05:36 AM