PDA

View Full Version : You can finally listen to a new song by my band

Motorhead350
07-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Alright a lot went wrong here because I did this is a rush. The video has our logo, lacks our name and on top of all of that isn't under the bands account. No one could help me get this up right and I was in a rush to get a link up for the band.

So here's one of our songs. This is what the producer in NYC said "Could take over an entire generation because no one your age knows WTF rock n' roll music is. You do. You can take it, F it up and take over."

Well I was worried about a few things like the vocals, but he liked them. I wanted to do more takes, but it's all me on the recording except the drums. Guitar, lead guitar, bass, lead vocal, back up vocals... I might have done the tambourine, but I am not sure... too many long days to remember who did what sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s71SWhTAug

THIS IS NOT our NYC project. This was done in a basement with a ton of Apple products. More stuff to come.

Thanks for your interest guys!

Shaijack
07-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Way to go Dom. I want to be invited to sit on the front role when you get more famous. Would you play at my 40 wedding party?

Vostok
07-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Dig everything but vocals.

a_d_a_m
07-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Dig everything but vocals. +1, sorry Dom, generational takeover unlikely. I mean the Devil Dogs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glOo7OE0aas) had the dynamic duo of Andy G and Steve Baise at the helm and they only got so far, even with the distribution power of SFTRI.

The guitar, bass, and drums all sound decent.

MOTOWN
07-16-2011, 01:40 AM
I truly wish you all the success in the world bud! few people have the passion to pursue thier dreams, no one makes it overnite stick with it, dont give up, if its meant to be it will be.

Rocknthehawk
07-16-2011, 12:29 PM
invest in a metronome.

J-MAN
07-17-2011, 11:57 AM
More cowbell!

guspech750
07-17-2011, 03:55 PM
More cowbell!

Lmao!!!!

Way to go Dom. I dig it. Sounds very cool!! Keep it up!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

fastblackmerc
07-18-2011, 05:56 AM
Music = OK

Vocals = Suck :down:

RF Overlord
07-18-2011, 06:36 AM
Dom, I detect shades of Billie Joe Armstrong in the vocals and a little Brian Setzer in the guitar solo. Trust me, I mean that as a compliment. Let's hear moar!

Gryphonzus
07-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Sounds pretty good Dom. It just took me a minute to understand what the singer was saying.

Papillon
07-18-2011, 11:29 AM
It's very catchy! I find myself humming the tune over & over!

Motorhead350
07-18-2011, 01:46 PM
You know what? I am glad to hear everyones words, even the not so kind words. As I said before I could do better, but I was on limited time. Strings are a breeze, vocals are not... at this point.

I am actually glad to hear the that the vocals could be better, it will give me something to improve upon. If they were great to me and everyone else I would say it's perfect... it's not.

As far as everything else it's a matter of drive and ability. There are a lotta bad actors out there and musicians that only sound good when autotune is used. I would rather sound like crap in reality than have a computer perfect it for the recording. Recording is such B.S. anyway... seriously. The best way to record is live to get that feel of a performance, recording in a studio you gotta make up that feel or have a really bad day to do a good job.

Generation takeover??? Who knows? The producer has a grammy and been doing this more years than I have been alive. So I guess he sees something. Think of it this way. You can see something that has a lotta potential, but needs work, like a car or building. He can see it the same way. You can repaint the car and you can do a better vocal performance, especially if the music is solid, there isn't a lot to work on if you just need the icing on the cake.

I'll try to post something better. I have other songs with much better vocal performances. :)

Again, thank you for the honest words.

J-MAN
07-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Don't post any more, at least for a while please. I'll let you know when the dog stops howling.

Mike
07-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Nice job Dom.....keep up the good work!

Motorhead350
07-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Don't post any more, at least for a while please. I'll let you know when the dog stops howling.

No that's cool. I like animals. More to follow soon, better vocal performances and one with none. Working on it right now. :P

SC Cheesehead
07-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Not too shaby, Dom; I like the guitar riffs. :up: