PDA

View Full Version : More songs from my band. Please listen!

Motorhead350
07-18-2011, 05:33 PM
I just put these up. One is two chords, one has no vocals, but the vocals are better on these... a bit more Punky than actual singing, but it works.

Listen, criticize, whatever. I wanna hear it.

Thanks!

Fast one....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avDgyEdLUgE

"Psycho-Surf" Instrumental....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Z57BkcQA0

Two chord song about frustrations with women...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wC2Kr612LU

a_d_a_m
07-18-2011, 07:06 PM
These are better; still have the same reservations about the vocals but it's a step in the right direction.

MMBLUE
07-18-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm liking the instrumental A LOT! My fav....

Rocknthehawk
07-18-2011, 10:57 PM
I don't care how it's recorded, or who's playing what, but musically your timing as a group is horrendous. There's no changing your ways, but a real problem is nothing sounds or feels "connected."

Just sounds like some very basic rhythms and walking scales, every instrument just doing their own thing, instead of coming together to make something tangible.

Motorhead350
07-19-2011, 11:00 AM
I don't care how it's recorded, or who's playing what, but musically your timing as a group is horrendous. There's no changing your ways, but a real problem is nothing sounds or feels "connected."

Just sounds like some very basic rhythms and walking scales, every instrument just doing their own thing, instead of coming together to make something tangible.

I agree on the scales. Yes they are basic scales and rhythm, but that's just how it goes. I do vocals and play guitar at the same time, so the guitar has to be kept the rhythm when vocals occur. Even if there were leads during vocals I wouldn't be able to do it live and I'm not adding another member to the group to play leads when I cannot. A 3-piece is all I want.

As far as timing, I completely disagree. The drums hit with the chord changes at the beginning perfectly at the beginning of the first song I posted... I think it's the first one and keep a good beat thought out. The drums also hit the symbols as different notes are played in the Surf song, especially at the end. This "not tangible" doesn't make sense to me, maybe I hear it and you don't... maybe our music taste is different. Perhaps you listened to Ozzy where everything is perfect and I listened to The Anti-Nowhere League where all they know is three chords.

Either way I value the words. I'll listen a little more carefully and maybe see your point.

J-MAN
07-19-2011, 11:25 AM
I agree on the scales. Yes they are basic scales and rhythm, but that's just how it goes. I do vocals and play guitar at the same time, so the guitar has to be kept the rhythm when vocals occur. Even if there were leads during vocals I wouldn't be able to do it live and I'm not adding another member to the group to play leads when I cannot. A 3-piece is all I want.

As far as timing, I completely disagree. The drums hit with the chord changes at the beginning perfectly at the beginning of the first song I posted... I think it's the first one and keep a good beat thought out. The drums also hit the symbols as different notes are played in the Surf song, especially at the end. This "not tangible" doesn't make sense to me, maybe I hear it and you don't... maybe our music taste is different. Perhaps you listened to Ozzy where everything is perfect and I listened to The Anti-Nowhere League where all they know is three chords.

Either way I value the words. I'll listen a little more carefully and maybe see your point.

KFC has a 3-piece, $4.99 and you don't need a coupon!

Egon Spengler
07-19-2011, 11:32 AM
It sounded a little sloppy in areas, but it also seemed like it was on purpose to add character. I don't know much about music, except that I like music. That sounds decent.

RacerX
07-19-2011, 11:32 AM
mr. burns- "...use an open faced club, a sand wedge!"

homer- "mmmm open face club sandwich.."

Motorhead350
07-19-2011, 11:34 AM

Sounds good. I'm hungry, but I think I'm going to put on a pot of coffee to suppress my appetite.