PDA

View Full Version : Hot enough for ya?

kernie
07-20-2011, 04:35 AM
Here in SW ontario it's been in the 90's for several days with thursday's high to get to 37 {99}. Tonight the low is forcast for 27. {81}

Now i know you guys down south have seen this kind of heat before but in these parts it just plain freaky hot. Unseen in these parts. The air conditioner is falling behind and the house heating up, the electrical grid is strained.

How hot is it where you are?

:beer:

justbob
07-20-2011, 04:43 AM
99* today, hotter tomorrow. It's the freakin humidity that's killing me. Working outside for 25 years is starting to get REALLY old!

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

MM2004
07-20-2011, 05:11 AM
97 degrees F. today with a heat index of about 110.

Heat advisories and Excessive heat warnings for many states.

I agree with Bob, the humidity is brutal.

:(

Mike.

rayjay
07-20-2011, 05:25 AM
Even in the hills its hot. Over 100*F tomorrow.

Haggis
07-20-2011, 05:27 AM

...and next week -10 and snow.

MOTOWN
07-20-2011, 05:36 AM
think the forecast says 97*f today youch!

Vortex
07-20-2011, 05:36 AM
We've had 17 straight days over 100 here in Dallas. We havent had a day with a high below the mid-90's since May. It has been pretty brutal here and the worst part is it doesnt really get any cooler here til September. Its been a rough one.

PonyUP
07-20-2011, 06:00 AM
They don't call it Hotlanta for nothing, 97F today, and humid to boot. So glad I got that EATC fixed :D

Egon Spengler
07-20-2011, 06:12 AM
Do you miss our snow??? hahaha.

We had a snow pile here in massachusetts that lastest until the end of June! It was out towards boston somewhere. The thing was about a foot tall and 12 feet in diameter at the end of june. The was depressing to see.

Joe Walsh
07-20-2011, 06:24 AM
Every day like this makes me thank and praise Willis Haviland Carrier!!! ....:bows:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_conditioning

fastblackmerc
07-20-2011, 06:49 AM
They don't call it Hotlanta for nothing, 97F today, and humid to boot. So glad I got that EATC fixed :D

I bet!!!!!

gdmjoe
07-20-2011, 07:42 AM
kernie - Hot enough for ya?
You may be (?) good lookin', however, I don't swing that way. :D

SC Cheesehead
07-20-2011, 07:43 AM
Last weekend it was unseasonably cool. That's nothing more than a pleasant memory now...:shake:

Mid to upper 90's forecast through the weekend with high humidity.

On the bright side, the pool heater ain't running much... :cool4:

gdmjoe
07-20-2011, 07:44 AM
Quick check the calendar !!!!!

Yep it's July and it's summer.

Nothing to be afeared about.

Happens every year 'bout this time.

Wusses.

Hacklemerc
07-20-2011, 07:49 AM
101 today. Yesterday was in the high 90's. Agree with the above posters, The humidity is the killer.

Joe Walsh
07-20-2011, 07:56 AM
Quick check the calendar !!!!!

Yep it's July and it's summer.

Nothing to be afeared about.

Happens every year 'bout this time.

Wusses.

To put it in perspective....how'd you like to have been a Union soldier marching in this heat while carrying all your gear AND wearing a dark blue wool uniform?

No A/C, no SPF 30, no local 7-11 to stop to grab a 44oz BigGulp....and some guys in grey uniforms shooting at you!

Ozark Marauder
07-20-2011, 07:57 AM
Recurring till further notice, Pool time..............

Today

http://forecast.weather.gov/images/wtf/hot.jpg
Hot

Hi 98 °F

DOOM
07-20-2011, 08:08 AM
SWAMP BALLS!!! :sunshine: :bounce:

Joe Walsh
07-20-2011, 08:16 AM
SWAMP BALLS!!! ....and SWAMP AZZ!

There!....fixed it for ya'.

BTW: I've found that a 'dash' of Gold Bond Medicated Powder in the "tighty whities" works wonders!!!....;)

Flynlow
07-20-2011, 08:17 AM
Yesterday we hit 101* with a heat index of 124. Today is supposed to be even warmer and I am going to be out in it all day at a concert series. I am still curious if heat stroke or alcohol intoxication will get me first.

Joe Walsh
07-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Yesterday we hit 101* with a heat index of 124. Today is supposed to be even warmer and I am going to be out in it all day at a concert series. I am still curious if heat stroke or alcohol intoxication will get me first.

That will be one nasty, sticky mosh pit!....maybe call it a 'mush pit' in this weather.

I can't believe that I am saying this but.....Stay hydrated with more water than beer!

cpe6
07-20-2011, 08:46 AM
99 F here heat index of 100-115

duhtroll
07-20-2011, 01:33 PM
We were about this also - I thought I was going to have the highest heat index until I saw this. But then you are from IA too so it makes sense.

rayjay
07-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Every day like this makes me thank and praise Willis Haviland Carrier!!! ....:bows:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_conditioning

Yea, except they picked the company up out of Syracuse and moved it to China. Put a whole bunch of people out of good paying jobs... :censor:

rayjay
07-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Gold Bond [/B]Medicated Powder in the "tighty whities" works wonders!!!....;)

Great stuff! Used to put a heaping dash between me and the body armor.

Bigdogjim
07-20-2011, 06:46 PM
I just saw on the news that about 141 million people in something like 27 states are in a heat dome? Where do the come up with this stuff?

LIGHTNIN1
07-21-2011, 08:35 AM
105 today. The same tomorrow. 95 is normal but after it hits 95 it is just HOT.

Bigdogjim
07-21-2011, 10:43 AM
As of 1:PM here in Lawrencevill, NJ the mercury hit 106*..................

yjmud
07-21-2011, 10:57 AM
:mad2: god :censor: a/c went out in my :censor: vic
will need to grab the marauder for a few days:mad2:

SID210SA
07-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Our 7 day out look:

Starting today: 99,98,99, 100, 101, 102

and we havent had much rain, just maybe 4 inches since January.

We are in drought here and are in stage 2 water restrictions which means we can only water once a week.

Mote
07-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Humidity has been nasty - Tuesday Minnesota had the highest in the country. After several days of brutal heat with that high humidity and impressive thunderstorms, today is 87 degrees and sunny but the humidity is way lower. A gorgeous day finally!

Blackened300a
07-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Im working at the new Nets stadium in Brooklyn. No shade and nothing, but being stuck in a jam packed giant dust bowl for 10 hours. They also don't allow my truck to idle at anytime on this job so no A/C (but yet cranes, manlifts, front end loaders, backhoes and 3 generators can run all day :rolleyes:)
Plus having to secure up to 8 loads with sometimes up to 10 straps per load by myself and then back them down a very narrow uneven steep ramp. Plus it dont help when the foreman you work for can't get his act together and get organized to make sure each trailer you bring down is the right one so I don't have to pull it back up the hill have to unstrap and then re-strap another load. :mad2:
All this in a small single axle switcher truck with a sorry excuse for a dash fan and a boiling hot leather seat. They also add to the excitement by stuffing our small drop lot full of trailers so you have to move 3 trailers to get to the correct one all while they call for more trailers to come and keep getting squeezed into this yard.
The new Yankee stadium job was probably the worst job I even been on until I got stuck coming here. This one is leaps and bounds above how terrible that one was. This job has been in the news a lot because the locals don't want it here and the borough president don't even want this here and is looking for any excuse to shut this job down. (I agree with him, maybe Ill picket it too. :D)

I come home and have to literally peel my clothes off and fill the shower floor up with dirt as I rinse off.
Tomorrow is going to be even hotter and they won't shut the job down unless the temps hit 110* So that means another 10 hours of sitting in my own sweat and dirt. :help:

Dr Caleb
07-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Do you miss our snow??? hahaha.

We had a snow pile here in massachusetts that lastest until the end of June! It was out towards boston somewhere. The thing was about a foot tall and 12 feet in diameter at the end of june. The was depressing to see.

Pfff! We had more than a dozen piles, up to 10 stories tall and several cubic football fields in size. They are down to about 4 stories now. ;)

It's cooled a bit, down to 20 or so, but it was near 30 for a couple of the past weeks.

MM2004
07-21-2011, 02:11 PM
96 F. -> Ambient

109 F. -> Heat Index

Mike.

rayjay
07-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Im working at the new Nets stadium in Brooklyn. No shade and nothing, but being stuck in a jam packed giant dust bowl for 10 hours. They also don't allow my truck to idle at anytime on this job so no A/C (but yet cranes, manlifts, front end loaders, backhoes and 3 generators can run all day :rolleyes:)
Plus having to secure up to 8 loads with sometimes up to 10 straps per load by myself and then back them down a very narrow uneven steep ramp. Plus it dont help when the foreman you work for can't get his act together and get organized to make sure each trailer you bring down is the right one so I don't have to pull it back up the hill have to unstrap and then re-strap another load. :mad2:
All this in a small single axle switcher truck with a sorry excuse for a dash fan and a boiling hot leather seat. They also add to the excitement by stuffing our small drop lot full of trailers so you have to move 3 trailers to get to the correct one all while they call for more trailers to come and keep getting squeezed into this yard.
The new Yankee stadium job was probably the worst job I even been on until I got stuck coming here. This one is leaps and bounds above how terrible that one was. This job has been in the news a lot because the locals don't want it here and the borough president don't even want this here and is looking for any excuse to shut this job down. (I agree with him, maybe Ill picket it too. :D)

I come home and have to literally peel my clothes off and fill the shower floor up with dirt as I rinse off.
Tomorrow is going to be even hotter and they won't shut the job down unless the temps hit 110* So that means another 10 hours of sitting in my own sweat and dirt. :help:

That sounds about as rotten as it can get Paul. Bring plenty of ice water.

HammerDown
07-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Right now--5:12 p.m. 100 and heat index is 111

gettin' a little old, but won't complain too much after hearing the Texas people have had what, 40 or 50 days in a row of 100 so far:(:(:(:(

God bless all of ya'll

rayjay
07-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Right now--5:12 p.m. 100 and heat index is 111

gettin' a little old, but won't complain too much after hearing the Texas people have had what, 40 or 50 days in a row of 100 so far:(:(:(:(

God bless all of ya'll

I don't know which is worse, those kinds of temps for weeks on end or getting buried in snow and cold for 5 months of the year. At least when its cold you can put more clothes on, you can only take just so much off though... :help:

Got_1
07-21-2011, 03:04 PM
102 today
122 with humidity

MOTOWN
07-21-2011, 03:17 PM
102*Today!:help:

HammerDown
07-21-2011, 04:36 PM
I don't know which is worse, those kinds of temps for weeks on end or getting buried in snow and cold for 5 months of the year. At least when its cold you can put more clothes on, you can only take just so much off though... :help:

what I was thinking, rayjay

You can put on more clothes when it is cold. I'm thinking that at this moment. It is just ridicoulosy hot--you don't want to leave the air conditioned office/home/wherever you are that's air conditioned............

justbob
07-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Hot here. Enough said. Even hotter when hand digging a trench...

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Mr. Man
07-21-2011, 08:01 PM
101 today on the SB thermostat. Humidity is rolling in tonight. Going to be a bad day tomorrow. HHH

If you work outside remember to drink lots of water.