PDA

View Full Version : Only cool thing about black paint...

Vostok
07-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Aside from its sinister look... :coolman:

It hides all the rubber that gets thrown on the rear quarter panels/lower bumper pretty well. :D :burnout:

Other than that its terrible. :alone:

screamn
07-20-2011, 04:56 PM
Black has a deep luster & shine when in tip top shape.

On the other hand, it shows everything whether good or bad. No way to hide anything.

Don't forget good guys wear black! (Chuck Noris movie from 70s)

RacerX
07-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Heats up like a son of a Bee in the summer though! If I leave my sunglasses up above, they're too hot to put on!

Vostok
07-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Heats up like a son of a Bee in the summer though! If I leave my sunglasses up above, they're too hot to put on!

I've honestly never been in a hotter car in my whole life. After a black car with black leather seats sits in the sun for an hour in 95 degree weather...its torture until your moving fast enough to get some air flow or have the A/C on...today was a good example. I'm sure there are many other sufferers on the rest of the forum as well, lol.

Bigdogjim
07-20-2011, 06:35 PM
Well the answer to a HOT black marauder is very simple:)

Remote start. hit the button from afar and it's starts cooling while your walkin towards it:)

rayjay
07-21-2011, 08:23 AM
I bought mine in DTR because I was sick of cleaning my black tricked out ZX3 only to watch it get dirty again just sitting in the driveway. :(

Egon Spengler
07-21-2011, 08:31 AM
I had a Lincoln Town Car with Leather seats, then I had a black ranger with cloth seats. I said I would never own a black car or a car with leather seats again. So what did I wind up buying? A black marauder with BLACK LEATHER seats. Makes for a burned booty. Now I have my grey corolla and cloth seats. Much better.

Mr. Man
07-21-2011, 08:39 AM
I had a Lincoln Town Car with Leather seats, then I had a black ranger with cloth seats. I said I would never own a black car or a car with leather seats again. So what did I wind up buying? A black marauder with BLACK LEATHER seats. Makes for a burned booty. Now I have my grey corolla and cloth seats. Much better.
I don't know how to comment on this as a Corolla is neither a HOT car or a Cool car. :hmmm: :flamer:
Hope your still wearing your asbestos suit:D

Egon Spengler
07-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Hope your still wearing your asbestos suit:D
I am, but have developed a bit of a cough from it I think. :)

fastblackmerc
07-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Well the answer to a HOT black marauder is very simple:)

Remote start. hit the button from afar and it's starts cooling while your walkin towards it:)

+1 on the remote start... cool in the summer, hot in the winter. Need to find a way to activate the heated seats in the winter.

slickster
07-21-2011, 09:28 AM

Lol. I had to hold my glasses up to the vent onetime

MrBluGruv
07-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Lol. I had to hold my glasses up to the vent onetime

I used to do that every time I drove. :P I have steel-framed DARK aviators, those things were like a hot iron when I left them in the sunglasses holder up top.

DOOM
07-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Love my black car. :lovies:
And as far as heat and leather seats. 10% tint FTW!!! :banana2:
http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad47/DOOMIE/364c42e1.jpg

Also have the auto start. :up:

Bigdogjim
07-21-2011, 10:24 AM
+1 on the remote start... cool in the summer, hot in the winter. Need to find a way to activate the heated seats in the winter.

I have aftermarket seat inn a 300A so I just leave the switch in durning the winter months and when I remote start I got warm seat:) :up:

DOOM
07-21-2011, 10:30 AM
I have aftermarket seat inn a 300A so I just leave the switch in durning the winter months and when I remote start I got warm seat:) :up:

What aftermarket seat do you have??? And how is it set to work with your auto start??? :confused:

Bigdogjim
07-21-2011, 10:37 AM
What aftermarket seat do you have??? And how is it set to work with your auto start??? :confused:

They are the same heaters used by the factory only the switches are differant. Mine are in the lower seat panel not up by the armrest. Switch is only active when the sar is on so when remoter start is active the seats units will heat-up if I leave the switch on when shutting the car off.

6 months after install the factory switch was advailable but I declined. I like the lower switch.

Mr. Man
07-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Beans for breakfast:D

Mr. Man
07-21-2011, 08:27 PM

Also have the auto start. :up:Still can't master the turn the key way huh:shake::D

DOOM
07-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Beans for breakfast:D

:laugh: :shake:

marauderoner
07-21-2011, 11:20 PM

A MAN!!! LOL I MY SELF OWN A BLACK ONE AS WELL AND I HAVE TINTED WINDOWS ALL AROUND SO UHMMM IDC BOUT THE SUN MUAHAHAHAHA (evil laugh)

Shaijack
07-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Problem solved. I ask my wife to go start it and cool it off for me. Great lady she is.

rayjay
07-25-2011, 09:37 AM

Stay out of NYS Doom... $$$ for that tint.