PDA

View Full Version : Are you a ticking time bomb?

Georges93LX
07-21-2011, 05:43 PM
I was and didn't even know it. I had a heart attack April 23 and was Very, Very lucky. I still have one blocked artery which may not be able to be opened and will cause me to risk bypass surgery. There are many members in the 40-60 age bracket that are strong candidates for an attack but age shouldn't matter. If you have any chest pain/discomfort/tingling in the arms go to the doctor or just dial 911. I had an EKG once a year and a mini physical and showed no indications. Do yourself and especially your family a favor and get a checkup.

MMarauder03
07-21-2011, 05:45 PM
I was and didn't even know it. I had a heart attack April 23 and was Very, Very lucky. I still have one blocked artery which may not be able to be opened and will cause me to risk bypass surgery. There are many members in the 40-60 age bracket that are strong candidates for an attack but age shouldn't matter. If you have any chest pain/discomfort/tingling in the arms go to the doctor or just dial 911. I had an EKG once a year and a mini physical and showed no indications. Do yourself and especially your family a favor and get a checkup.

Well I'm glad you're still with us and have faith that the doctors will be able to remove the blockage! :)

ImpalaSlayer
07-21-2011, 05:46 PM
damn George, glad your still here!

justbob
07-21-2011, 06:28 PM
damn George, glad your still here!

Same here George. Hang in there.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Blk Mamba
07-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Glad you are OK now, I had mine a year, and 3 months ago, and also a heart stint a month later, beware those things don't turn you into superman, I still have trouble with more than one flight of stairs, and a lot of physical activity, never had any problems before the operation.

1stMerc
07-21-2011, 07:09 PM
D**n George, sorry to hear that.

Glad you made it thru.

RacerX
07-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Wow! Thanks for the advice and I'm glad you're ok George.

guspech750
07-21-2011, 08:05 PM
That's some scary stuff. Glad to see you are doing well.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

Motorhead350
07-22-2011, 12:12 AM
I got really angry last week at a locked door and punched it open in one shot. I felt like a badass for minutes, then I realized it was the stress.

RacerX
07-22-2011, 05:57 AM
I got really angry last week at a locked door and punched it open in one shot. I felt like a badass for minutes, then I realized it was the stress.
Don't hijack a serious health issue thread with this bs. You're a different kind of "Ticking Time Bomb". You need age and wisdom or meds. (Meant that in a good way btw).

Sorry George, felt very compelled.

Motorhead350
07-22-2011, 02:06 PM
:lol:

Get well soon.

MM03MOK
07-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Thanks for sharing, George. It's too easy to take our life and health for granted. Best wishes to you as your health improves daily.

mossiehorn
07-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Had my first one before I was 40. It was "silent" so I didn't know about it until I had an EKG for something else. Had a quad bypass at 51, one artery was 99% blocked. Get checked and don't smoke is the message.

Shaijack
07-24-2011, 07:50 PM
George great to see you are doing something about it. A year ago while sitting at work then driving, my heart went into defib and got a new defib and shocker unit now. I was healthy, before, lost 70 lbs and walked 15 miles a week. No medical signs, went to the doctor every three months for a check up. No blockages they could not figure it out so they said an electrical short caused it. HA

jerrym3
07-25-2011, 05:18 AM
My brother-in-law (late 40's) had a stint procedure. The good news, he's back to good health.

I'm 68, and have never had an issue with my heart. When I get together with my two grammar school friends, we always drink to the fact that we're still here, still kickin', and still drinkin'.

The three of us know that we're just one annual checkup away from trouble.

Best of luck to you.