PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else See Captain America This Weekend?

SC Cheesehead
07-25-2011, 05:47 AM
Ed-Dubb and I went to see it in 3-D last night. I enjoyed it, really cool CGI to make the "skinny" Steve Rogers. I'm looking forward to the Avengers next summer.

ctrlraven
07-25-2011, 05:55 AM
The g/f and I saw it yesterday. I thought it was really good and got to love Tommy Lee Jones. I can't wait for Avengers to come out!

SC Cheesehead
07-25-2011, 06:45 AM
The g/f and I saw it yesterday. I thought it was really good and got to love Tommy Lee Jones. I can't wait for Avengers to come out!

"He's still skinny!" LMAO at that line! :D

ctrlraven
07-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Yeah there were several one liners that cracked up the whole audience.

dohc324ci
07-25-2011, 07:29 AM
I saw both Thor and Captain America and they are both very good movies. The Avengers (2012) better meet the standard they set!

Jolly Roger
07-25-2011, 07:43 AM
Great movie (unless you're a Marvel purest in which case you will notice the altered storyline from the original comics).
For those that have not seen it ,
Don't waist the extra $ for the 3D.
I saw the 3D version and only noticed a seen or two in 3D that popped.
2D is all thats needed. IMO.

rayjay
07-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Great movie (unless you're a Marvel purest in which case you will notice the altered storyline from the original comics).
For those that have not seen it ,
Don't waist the extra $ for the 3D.
I saw the 3D version and only noticed a seen or two in 3D that popped.
2D is all thats needed. IMO.

I agree, the 3D was not that great and the little red floor lights interferred with my vision of the movie. I don't go to the movies that often and the phenominal 3D in Jim Carey's Scrooge was what I compare everything else to.

dohc324ci
07-25-2011, 09:01 AM
Yes I didn't want to wait for the 2D showing so watched in 3D pretty lame for what you pay. Thing is there are more 3D showings vs 2D huh they arent trying to maximize profits?

vkirkend
07-25-2011, 09:07 AM
I went to see it yesterday in 3D and thought it was okay. Thor on the other hand was a big disapointment for me. Transformers was GREAT!!!!!

SC Cheesehead
07-25-2011, 09:13 AM
I saw both Thor and Captain America and they are both very good movies. The Avengers (2012) better meet the standard they set!

Agreed.

Did you stick around until the end of the credits to get the little Avenger's teaser?

I hope it's good, I'm anxiously awaiting it.

rayjay
07-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Agreed.

Did you stick around until the end of the credits to get the little Avenger's teaser?

I hope it's good, I'm anxiously awaiting it.

No, I wish I had. Brittany saw the new Harry Potter movie on a IMax sceen yesterday. Loved it. Of course they had to drive 2 1/2 hours to get there :rolleyes: Sometimes living in the woods isn't so great...

dakslim
07-25-2011, 01:23 PM
I saw it and thought it was ok...$11.50 for 3-D and that was the :censor: senior rate.:mad2:

SC Cheesehead
07-25-2011, 01:27 PM
I saw it and thought it was ok...$11.50 for 3-D and that was the :censor: senior rate.:mad2:

Yeah, but for that price you got the glasses AND a hearing aid....

ctrlraven
07-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Yeah I saw it in 2D. 3D gives me a headache after about an hour or so.

Motorhead350
07-25-2011, 03:08 PM
I hate CGI, so I won't see it.

Shaijack
07-25-2011, 03:49 PM
3D gives me a headache too. Rex did Captain America wear suspenders?

SC Cheesehead
07-25-2011, 03:57 PM
3D gives me a headache too. Rex did Captain America wear suspenders?

If they did, he had 'em underneath... :D

MarauderVOL
07-25-2011, 05:07 PM
I saw it this weekend as well. Thought it was a great movie. Stayed after the credits and the teaser for The Avengers was cool. Saw it in 2D after seeing The Green Lantern in 3D I decided that was a big waste of money.

F8LBITEva
07-25-2011, 06:06 PM
went to see it but when we got the theatre they told us the AC was busted and the theatres were "very warm". we took their word for it and went to dinner instead

05crownsport
07-25-2011, 06:53 PM
I saw Captain America riding his dirt bike on the 695 beltway... must've been on a mission.:D

REAL4WD
07-25-2011, 07:37 PM
i saw it! it was awesome! especially how the end scene of thor tied in with captain america and it's end scene

i so can't wait for the avengers next year! Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Hulk, Black Widow, Nick fury and Loki.

not to mention The Dark Knight Rises

Jolly Roger
07-25-2011, 07:57 PM
i saw it! it was awesome! especially how the end scene of thor tied in with captain america and it's end scene

i so can't wait for the avengers next year! Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Hulk, Black Widow, Nick fury and Loki.

not to mention The Dark Knight Rises

Original Avengers iirc were:
Iron man, The Hulk, Thor, Giant (Ant) Man, and The Wasp, (the wife of Giant man).
Captain America took the Hulks place when he left because he did not want to take orders from anyone.
Hawkeye came much later.:coolman:

Jolly Roger
07-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Also Marval purests will have noticed the presence of Dum Dum Dugan, Gabriel Jones and Percival Pinkerton who were all members of,
Sgt. Fury (later to become Nick Fury agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.) and his Howling Commandos
as well as a cameo by Stan Lee.;)

REAL4WD
07-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Original Avengers iirc were:
Iron man, The Hulk, Thor, Giant (Ant) Man, and The Wasp, (the wife of Giant man).
Captain America took the Hulks place when he left because he did not want to take orders from anyone.
Hawkeye came much later.:coolman:

I only listed who is going to be in the Avengers movie.
unfortunately the studios seem to always stray away from originality.
but either way it should be good

Also Marval purests will have noticed the presence of Dum Dum Dugan,
Gabriel Jones and Percival Pinkerton who were all members of Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos,
as well as a cameo by Stan Lee.;)

who would miss the came by Stan Lee! lol.
i liked the presence of what was the howling commandos.

SC Cheesehead
07-26-2011, 06:05 AM
I only listed who is going to be in the Avengers movie.
unfortunately the studios seem to always stray away from originality.
but either way it should be good

who would miss the came by Stan Lee! lol.
i liked the presence of what was the howling commandos.

I was looking for Stan Lee and missed him (I know he always does a Cameo). What point in the movie did he show up?

ctrlraven
07-26-2011, 06:18 AM
I was looking for Stan Lee and missed him (I know he always does a Cameo). What point in the movie did he show up?

Yes, he was in it. During that failed conference (since Captain America didn't appear), a man came out, apologizing, whispering to the announcer, saying that Captain America wasn't there and Stan Lee's character was in the audience, saying something like "I thought he'd be taller".

dakslim
07-26-2011, 06:21 AM

Who's the old fart now, cheesedoodle?????:P

SC Cheesehead
07-26-2011, 06:26 AM
Yes, he was in it. During that failed conference (since Captain America didn't appear), a man came out, apologizing, whispering to the announcer, saying that Captain America wasn't there and Stan Lee's character was in the audience, saying something like "I thought he'd be taller".

Got it! I remember the scene, and the line. Just as he said it, I looked over at my son and started laughing, wasn't paying attention, I guess; didn't realize it was Stan Lee.

SC Cheesehead
07-26-2011, 06:27 AM
Who's the old fart now, cheesedoodle?????:P

Touche', you ol' Coot! :D

rayjay
07-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Touche', you ol' Coot! :D

You want fries with that?