PDA

View Full Version : First man to surpass 300 MPH on a motorcycle

ctrlraven
07-25-2011, 07:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV-TzPTtauE
kV-TzPTtauE

Egon Spengler
07-25-2011, 07:17 AM
Ummmmm that is crazy. See the thing shake when he let off? I am all set with that!

Mr. Man
07-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Can't get a good perspective of the speed with the helmet cam, at least not on my computer.

John Force does 300+ in less than 1/4 mile so a mile and a half doesn't seen to impressive, and it's not like he can drive that motorcycle on the street. How fast do the NHRA motorcycles go?

Egon Spengler
07-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Can't get a good perspective of the speed with the helmet cam, at least not on my computer.

John Force does 300+ in less than 1/4 mile so a mile and a half doesn't seen to impressive, and it's not like he can drive that motorcycle on the street. How fast do the NHRA motorcycles go?
1) Have you ever gone to an NHRA event? It is unbelievable to see those things in person! So much power!

2) Nitro bikes do about 240 in the 1/4 mile

Mr. Man
07-25-2011, 11:24 AM
1) Have you ever gone to an NHRA event? It is unbelievable to see those things in person! So much power!

2) Nitro bikes do about 240 in the 1/4 mile
I was at Englishtown when Angelle Seeling(sp) was at the top of her game. I was amazed at the speeds and that was a least 10 years ago.

I'm still a funny car guy, though I don't follow NHRA as close as I used to.

Egon Spengler
07-25-2011, 11:35 AM
mmmmm Angelle! hahaha.

I don't follow it too closely, but I have been to Englishtown twice to watch the races and can't wait to go back! It is so impressive. I could sit in the pits all day and bounce around to the different trailers to watch them fire those things up. Unbelievable power.