PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting married

Motorhead350
07-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Yup that's the truth. I asked Becky this past weekend and I have never seen her so happy. What's even better is nothing about the relationship is gonna change, except we have taken it up to a new level.

She's the best and I have heard that enough from everyone. I can't let her get away. We already talked about kids names, but thats years away. Glenn for two reasons. Glen Danzig is my favorite Misfits singer and Glen Glenn was a Rockabilly singer that had one of my favorite songs, Everybody's Movin'. If a daughter the name will be Christine, like the movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_B_gokd_Fg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Giebe-uzPFg&feature=related

Dr Caleb
07-25-2011, 03:19 PM
A fine name. ;)

Congrats!

Shaijack
07-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Wow, congrats to you and Becky. When is the big day? I thought you would name your children Barry. Missed again..

gdsqdcr
07-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Congrats Dom!

SC Cheesehead
07-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Dom, this is incredible news!

:congrats: to both of you!

Maybe us old guys harping on you did some good... ;) ------> :D

DOOM
07-25-2011, 04:03 PM
:congrats: Dom! :toast:

jgc61sr2002
07-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Congrats Dom:D:beer:

Haggis
07-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Congrats Dom and Becky. :banana2:

Besides Dr. Caleb I despise the name Glen; family issues.

P.S.

She's a keeper.

PonyUP
07-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Congratulations Dom and Becky, I am very happy for both of you. (Dom you lucked out :D)

:beer:

DOOM
07-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Was there a ring???

Da Dark Jedi
07-25-2011, 04:55 PM
I was wondering what did you put in her rootbeer to get her to say YES. Congrats Dom.

MM03MOK
07-25-2011, 04:55 PM
:congrats: and Best Wishes to you both!!!!!!

:sing::cheer:

PonyUP
07-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Pics, or it didn't happen

Ms. Denmark
07-25-2011, 05:24 PM
You're still young. Don't rush into anything. Marriage can be wonderful for sure, but as a musician, it won't make things any easier. Figure your own life out before bringing another human being into it. I know you didn't ask for advice, and I hope I haven't offended you, Dom, but you have laid your personal struggles out here on the forum so these are my thoughts FWIW.

Bigdogjim
07-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Ah! The big step:) Congrats:up: Now life can be lived as it should.

Papillon
07-25-2011, 05:41 PM
At first I was like: :eek: :eek: :eek:

But then I was like: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Dom, I couldn't be happier for you & Becky. You two have been through a lot and you stuck by each other. The love between the two of you is apparent when anyone meets & gets to know you guys.

You're a very lucky man.... Becky's a doll. I wish you two all the best ALWAYS!!! Now we HAVE to get together so we can celebrate!!! :toast:

Congratulation Dom & Becky Bear!!!
Love you guys!!!

justmelanie
07-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Congrats!!!!! Wishing you a long and happy life together!!!!!:2thumbs::lovies: :lovies:

HammerDown
07-25-2011, 06:11 PM
:toast::congrats:

Congrats to you and Becky!!!!

Connie and the "Fordfrk" (he doesn't post much, ya know!!!)

1stMerc
07-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Congrats, Dom.

05crownsport
07-25-2011, 06:48 PM
:lovies2::lovies2:
It's in the air! Congratulations!

GAMike
07-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Congrats Dom:) My father in laws advice to me was the best I ever got...... Marrige is all about making your spouses happiness the No.1 priority in your life (and vice versa of course).

If you subscribe to that philosophy without reservation, then you and Becky are destined for a life together filled with mutual happiness, adventure, and discovery.
All the best:beer:

REAL4WD
07-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Congrats!!!! awesome news!

Vortex
07-25-2011, 08:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSWTVXh_Yns

Seriously, congrats.

Motorhead350
07-25-2011, 08:41 PM
You're still young. Don't rush into anything. Marriage can be wonderful for sure, but as a musician, it won't make things any easier. Figure your own life out before bringing another human being into it. I know you didn't ask for advice, and I hope I haven't offended you, Dom, but you have laid your personal struggles out here on the forum so these are my thoughts FWIW.

I see your point, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I am not about to start a family, believe me Trojan sees more money then the gas station. I have figured my life out and all that musician stuff about going all over the world and "meeting" other people.... she doesn't care, I don't care what she does either. ;)

I knew it was meant to be years ago, but when I said "The next Rock Camp is at the Bunny Ranch" and her reaction was "Do what you gotta do baby." I knew keeping her waiting was the wrong thing to do. Better jump on it.

After going to car meets, concerts and anything else a few guys have always said to me "I wish I had a girl like that." I guess the reasons are

1. She doesn't care if I am up late working on the car

2. She doesn't care who I am out with

3. She will come to car shows to hangout and insult people with trailer queens with me.

4. She likes action movies.

5. She has perfect pitch when singing

6. She is a great driver

7. She took me to a monster truck show for valentines day

8. She never says no to "doing it."

9. She would bail me out of jail at 2am if that would ever happen.

10. She would drive across the country for me... as I have for her.

11. She will throw in the extra buck at the auto part store if I am short

12. She fixes a car better than me

13. She doesn't care if I go to the bunny ranch this fall

14. She doesn't mind if I do the cooking

15. She has surprised before by getting my car washed

16. She find parts in junkyards better than I do

17. She is good at finding records I like at record stores

18. She will stay up all night listening to me talk, as I have for her.

19. She is my partner in crime when it comes to barricades in our way

20. She knows a little too much about health and knows how to treat me instead of going to a Dr.

That's 20 reasons I can give without even thinking. :)

REAL4WD
07-25-2011, 09:06 PM
I knew it was meant to be years ago, but when I said "The next Rock Camp is at the Bunny Ranch" and her reaction was "Do what you gotta do baby." I knew keeping her waiting was the wrong thing to do. Better jump on it.

After going to car meets, concerts and anything else a few guys have always said to me "I wish I had a girl like that." I guess the reasons are

3. She will come to car shows to hangout and insult people with trailer queens with me.

6. She is a great driver

20. She knows a little too much about health and knows how to treat me instead of going to a Dr.

i havent been on this site long.

but from everyone's comments and what you have to say about her she sounds awesome! I wish you two the best and many many more years of happiness together!

Motorhead350
07-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Thanks man! We were together for four years, known each other for five. I know it's for the best of both of us.

REAL4WD
07-25-2011, 09:35 PM
You're very welcome! :)

Gryphonzus
07-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Well Dom now that I am over being speechless, I wish you and Becky much happiness together. Good Luck! and hope to see you both soon to celebrate!:beer:

Chi Stallion
07-26-2011, 12:53 AM
Congrats Dom!!:beer:

Mike
07-26-2011, 04:16 AM
Yup that's the truth. I asked Becky this past weekend and I have never seen her so happy. What's even better is nothing about the relationship is gonna change, except we have taken it up to a new level.

She's the best and I have heard that enough from everyone. I can't let her get away. We already talked about kids names, but thats years away. Glenn for two reasons. Glen Danzig is my favorite Misfits singer and Glen Glenn was a Rockabilly singer that had one of my favorite songs, Everybody's Movin'. If a daughter the name will be Christine, like the movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_B_gokd_Fg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Giebe-uzPFg&feature=related

Congrats to you and Becky :congrats: So what is the baby's name on MM.net going to be.....Motorhead327? :D

massacre
07-26-2011, 04:27 AM
Good Luck Dom!

chapel1
07-26-2011, 04:32 AM
I 'm very Happy for both of you.Good Luck Domnic.

Cobra25
07-26-2011, 04:36 AM
Congrats & I wish you Both a Life time of happiness !

Papillon
07-26-2011, 05:58 AM
I see your point, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I am not about to start a family, believe me Trojan sees more money then the gas station. I have figured my life out and all that musician stuff about going all over the world and "meeting" other people.... she doesn't care, I don't care what she does either. ;)

6. She is a great driver

Dom, you need to write a song about this girl!!!

I'm sure there are countless reasons why you asked her to marry you, but I'm sure reason # 1 is because you love her. Like you said, you found the right girl for you and you CAN'T let her get away. Treat her right Dommy otherwise you'll be gettin a NYC a$$whoopin. Lolol

I can't say it enough... I'm so freakin happy for you guys!!

RQS930655
07-26-2011, 06:15 AM
Run Forest Run!!!!!

Motorhead350
07-26-2011, 07:01 AM
Dom, you need to write a song about this girl!!!

I'm sure there are countless reasons why you asked her to marry you, but I'm sure reason # 1 is because you love her. Like you said, you found the right girl for you and you CAN'T let her get away. Treat her right Dommy otherwise you'll be gettin a NYC a$$whoopin. Lolol

I can't say it enough... I'm so freakin happy for you guys!!

I wrote three.

1. Tonight's The Night = Lust 2008

2. My Baby Can't Please Me = I couldn't finish.... to this day she still hates that song. 2009

3. The Only One For Me = What we have now. 2010

I'll treat her good, believe me. She treats me too good.

Thank you so much for the kind words... and everyone else too!

Papillon
07-26-2011, 07:07 AM
I wrote three.

1. Tonight's The Night = Lust 2008

2. My Baby Can't Please Me = I couldn't finish.... to this day she still hates that song. 2009

3. The Only One For Me = What we have now. 2010

I'll treat her good, believe me. She treats me too good.

Thank you so much for the kind words... and everyone else too!

Haven't heard it, but # 3's my favorite! :D :D

MOTOWN
07-26-2011, 07:07 AM
I have truly read it all! congrats bud!:coffee:

1 Bad Merc
07-26-2011, 07:14 AM
Congrats Dom and Becky!

LIGHTNIN1
07-26-2011, 07:54 AM
:congrats:

I wish you both the best life can bring.

GordonB
07-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Dom,
Congratulations to you and Becky! I wish you much happiness and a long life together. Be good to each other always and your marriage will last a looong (!) time.
Gordonb

MrBluGruv
07-26-2011, 09:18 AM
So has anyone nominated this woman for sainthood yet? :P

Seriously though man, congrats.

The true testament to the strength of you guys' relationship and love will come not from how much you can enjoy the good times, but how gracefully you can work through the tough times whenever they come.

Good luck man and enjoy the ride. :)

boatmangc
07-26-2011, 09:30 AM
Congrats Dom,
I married my wife 29 years ago when I was 21, she was my best friend 1st and still is.

Ozark Marauder
07-26-2011, 09:35 AM
It's a good thing when you find your soulmate.......Congratulations

RoyLPita
07-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Congrats. I wish you two the best.

Blackened300a
07-26-2011, 11:58 AM
Congrats and best of luck to you and Becky. I have the mindset that you can have a great relationship with a person without the piece of paper from the state that says you have to have a great relationship or else...
But thats just me. ;)

Good luck Bro.

Hacklemerc
07-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Congrats Man....

ChiTownMaraud3r
07-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Congrats Dom.

Cougar_Marauder
07-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Ccongrats!

rayjay
07-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Congrats and the best of luck to you two!

rayjay
07-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Congrats and best of luck to you and Becky. I have the mindset that you can have a great relationship with a person without the piece of paper from the state that says you have to have a great relationship or else...
But thats just me. ;)

Good luck Bro.

You know you just bought a a$$ beating for this comment.... :shake:

DEFYANT
07-26-2011, 02:29 PM
But thats just me. ;)

Good luck Bro.

This is a true statement. But first, Congrats Dom and I hope nothing changes after your big day. It probably will happen some time after you combine finances, you have a kid or three and a couple years go buy. I happens slowly, like a disease.

You really don't need a piece of paper from the stat to validate your relationship....

Logic: OFF

Godspeed and may the wind of temptation and stress always blow elsewhere. :burnout:

justbob
07-26-2011, 03:28 PM
But thats just me. ;)

Good luck Bro.

I concur.^

Hopefully you two stay as strong as Mel and I, 23 years now. Most of my friends, scratch that, all of my friends are fighting like no tomorrow or bailed years ago. Just focus on the good things.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Papillon
07-26-2011, 06:39 PM
You know you just bought a a$$ beating for this comment.... :shake:

Nooo.... We discussed this and as I've said, as long as we have each other, and he continues to love me and treat me right, that all the validation I need.

Now back on topic... Have I mentioned how happy I am for you Dommy?!?!!! :banana: :cheer: :banana: :cheer: :banana:

TAKEDOWN
07-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Congrats Dom!!!

HEAVY HITTER
07-26-2011, 09:09 PM
Congratulations Dom!!

rayjay
07-27-2011, 05:37 AM
Nooo.... We discussed this and as I've said, as long as we have each other, and he continues to love me and treat me right, that all the validation I need.

Now back on topic... Have I mentioned how happy I am for you Dommy?!?!!! :banana: :cheer: :banana: :cheer: :banana:

Wow, where were women like you 25 years ago?

Haggis
07-27-2011, 08:48 AM

In Diapers.

ledzilla
07-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Way to go, Dom! Congrats!

KrTu83
07-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Congratulations! Take your time planning everything out to minimize stress. My engagement was short and painful. Make it a fun time for you both and post lots of piccies!

Red91LX
07-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjay http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1072716#post1 072716)

In Diapers.

Now that's funny!

Ken
07-28-2011, 02:50 PM

Now back on topic... Have I mentioned how happy I am for you Dommy?!?!!! :banana: :cheer: :banana: :cheer: :banana:A keeper! :2thumbs:

I also found someone that feels the same...

Congrats Dom and Becky,

BTW, What is the date for Marauderville Chicago? :lol:

Motorhead350
07-28-2011, 03:43 PM
I have no idea when the big day will be. I was thinking dec 21st 2011 when the world is supposed to end or whenever. I am in no rush and neither is she. I wanna start a family, but not anytime soon.

jerrym3
07-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Congrats

I've been happily married for 5 years.

(Been married for 44 years.)

Embassy
07-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Congrats, Dom.

Ken
07-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Congrats

I've been happily married for 5 years.

(Been married for 44 years.):rofl: :rofl:

TAKEDOWN
07-29-2011, 05:39 PM
I have no idea when the big day will be. I was thinking dec 21st 2011 when the world is supposed to end or whenever. I am in no rush and neither is she. I wanna start a family, but not anytime soon.

You mean 2012?

Motorhead350
07-29-2011, 07:41 PM
Yeah that. Its hard for a male to remember these things. Haha

massacre
07-29-2011, 08:40 PM
^^ not sure you're qualified to represent the entire human male population haha j/k
Finding the right chick is PARAMOUNT. Nothing will make you happier than making the right choice in a spouse. If you don't believe me, just asked anyone who's been divorced ;)

Motorhead350
07-29-2011, 08:50 PM
Last night was nice... "Hurry home honey. We are going to a midnight screening of Cowboys and Aliens."

CBT
08-19-2011, 07:47 AM

I know a Reverend who would be more than happy to officiate :D

guspech750
08-19-2011, 09:17 AM
I know a Reverend who would be more than happy to officiate :D

Yeah. But he cries like a little Btch!!:)

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!