PDA

View Full Version : Possible abandon car in front of my place. What to do?

Motorhead350
07-29-2011, 08:43 PM
This car has been sitting in front of my place for at least six weeks. The car had tickets put on it, didn't move for street cleaning... exc. I called the city today to report the car abandon or possibly stolen.

My question is this: is there any way to acquire the car once it has been declared abandon? The reason I ask this is because it would be perfect for this event called Crash Fest in a few months. I have no interest in the title, or getting the car on the road (or keeping on the road for this matter) just thinking it would be a fun car to take to this race, if it's abandon.

Who do I contact? Don't I have 90 days or something? How does this work?

Joe Walsh
07-29-2011, 08:44 PM
This car has been sitting in front of my place for at least six weeks. The car had tickets put on it, didn't move for street cleaning... exc. I called the city today to report the car abandon or possibly stolen.

My question is this: is there any way to acquire the car once it has been declared abandon? The reason I ask this is because it would be perfect for this event called Crash Fest in a few months. I have no interest in the title, or getting the car on the road (or keeping on the road for this matter) just thinking it would be a fun car to take to this race, if it's abandon.

Dom,
Look closely at the car.....you sure that it isn't your Marauder?

:D

Motorhead350
07-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Dom,

LOL mine doesn't look like a two door Toyota.

Da Dark Jedi
07-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Chicago tows it to whatever pound and the it will sit for 30 or more days. Then you would have to find out when is the auction date and go to them all or that pound to openly bid on it. What do you mean "your place" arent you a renter or are trying to legally steal someones car? The owner of your place does not object to it "sitting ther and collecting tickets" so why does it bother you?

TAKEDOWN
07-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Possibly take up a space where you can park.

Da Dark Jedi
07-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Possibly take up a space where you can park.

Remember Dom is moving out the city to persue his music. So you're saying or are condoning it, report it abandoned, hope the person doesn't find it bid on it. Legally steal it (genuis at work here). Parking in the city is always like this. Dom when are you leaving for your music career?

Motorhead350
07-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Leon, that's pretty much what I thought... auction.

I don't know when I am leaving, you want me gone? :(

I am actually going to NYC next month, just got the green light for it. I am going to push to get the recording done. They are doing some Woodstock thing over there... I say there is no point if Hendricks isn't around.

Bigdogjim
07-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Dom: Go paint flower on the sides, just don't get caught:)

Call homeland security and report it.

Bigdogjim
07-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Dom,

Number one reply of the year, so far:up:

Da Dark Jedi
07-29-2011, 09:52 PM
No Dom I don't want you gone. The Department of Revenue should have BOOTED the car already. Two tickets gets the boot, the truck comes by usally about 3am -6am and does that. Then you'll know whats happening. By the way GOOD LUCK!

Spectragod
07-30-2011, 05:20 AM
Get the battery, radio, wheels/tires & set it on fire, just like New York.....

yjmud
07-30-2011, 05:58 AM
pop the lock and crash that mother
then set the interior on fire

guspech750
07-30-2011, 06:13 AM
Make doo doo on the hood.

Sent from my iPhone
Go White Sox!!!

Granddaddy Marq
07-30-2011, 06:23 AM
If it's on blocks in front of your house you might be in Alabama. Welcome to The Heart of Dixie, we love it here. In Al. you can claim an abandon car (I can't spell vehical). You have to have possession of it and do some legal paper work, ad in the paper. After that the state sends you a clean title even if there's money owed on it.

tbone
07-30-2011, 08:41 AM
Torch the mthrfckr!:flamer:

Motorhead350
07-30-2011, 10:08 AM
As fun as that seems it might have been stolen. I was really upset when my truck was stolen, woudn't wanna ruin this guys day.

Shaijack
07-30-2011, 10:52 AM
Just keep it. Paint it black and use it as a spare.

TAKEDOWN
07-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Remember Dom is moving out the city to persue his music. So you're saying or are condoning it, report it abandoned, hope the person doesn't find it bid on it. Legally steal it (genuis at work here). Parking in the city is always like this. Dom when are you leaving for your music career?

Nope not condoning it, maybe I should've been more clear I was answering this part of your question... "The owner of your place does not object to it "sitting ther and collecting tickets" so why does it bother you?"

I've had unk people park, leave stolen or abandoned vehicles in my alley or in front of my house. I call ALL the time and I was relating that it takes up space where I can park. I'd rather park close by instead 2-3 blocks away.

FX1
07-30-2011, 12:47 PM
there could also be a body in the trunk!!!! Put A 4sale sign on it with a # of a toyota dealer ship. Make it $500 or best offer

Bigdogjim
07-30-2011, 01:14 PM
As fun as that seems it might have been stolen. I was really upset when my truck was stolen, woudn't wanna ruin this guys day.

Come on it a toyota you will make his day!!! If the owner wanted it it would not be parked on you street.

Blackened300a
07-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Get the battery, radio, wheels/tires & set it on fire, just like New York.....

The city is hurting for money, one ticket on the car and its towed immediately all for the tune of $185+ the ticket.

Motorhead350
07-30-2011, 03:31 PM
The city is hurting for money, one ticket on the car and its towed immediately all for the tune of $185+ the ticket.

Are you serious? One ticket? I have one from NYC on my car from our last meet. Will they tow me over that?

Bigdogjim
07-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Are you serious? One ticket? I have one from NYC on my car from our last meet. Will they tow me over that?

No they impound your car and it will cost you triple what the ticket was.

NYC is one town even I will not mess with.

Pay up before you make a return trip.

Fosters
07-30-2011, 06:11 PM
If it's a toyota, just park a pinto in front of it, the problem will work itself out eventually.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090213195159/uncyclopedia/images/archive/1/13/20110224143127!Explosion.jpg

Blackened300a
07-31-2011, 07:16 AM

I had my car towed from in front of my shop on the sidewalk where I parked a million times before. The city is notorious for crap like that.

Da Dark Jedi
07-31-2011, 01:00 PM
Nope not condoning it, maybe I should've been more clear I was answering this part of your question... "The owner of your place does not object to it "sitting ther and collecting tickets" so why does it bother you?"

I've had unk people park, leave stolen or abandoned vehicles in my alley or in front of my house. I call ALL the time and I was relating that it takes up space where I can park. I'd rather park close by instead 2-3 blocks away.

Well you mention that you "OWN" your place, Dom is a renter who only intent is to stay a couple of months. One thread he complains about the LL business dealings "What should he do", now this. So since you mention that "Stolen or Abandoned vehicles" you realize that your area is considerd Hi-crime area since this happens regularly. As a home owner you should have the AlderPerson look into this matter with other members of the area. What part of Chi are you in that you would have to park "2-3 blocks away"?

Motorhead350
07-31-2011, 03:32 PM
The car is in the street, not the property I rent. New LL btw, his ex took everything. Hahaha

Da Dark Jedi
07-31-2011, 04:52 PM
The car is in the street, not the property I rent. New LL btw, his ex took everything. Hahaha

Dom, you know our politics here. Property owners pay more in taxes for services so the city and Alderperson respond more to their needs. Even so, the car is parked on a public street, talk to her (LL) about it's removal. Also the more tickets equal more revenue so even if the owner tries to register another car under his lic # the state will not issue plates, and his DL is suspended. Remember 30 days to pay or it doubles.

Don't relish in the former LLs problem you say "you are getting married", come back in X years and see if you're happy. Karma is a B***H?

Motorhead350
07-31-2011, 05:20 PM
I would never say that. What kinda a hole do you think I am? Haha

Da Dark Jedi
07-31-2011, 05:29 PM
EXCUSE ME... I miss read your comment.

Motorhead350
07-31-2011, 10:14 PM
Hahahahahaha

Red91LX
08-01-2011, 08:46 PM
...They are doing some Woodstock thing over there... I say there is no point if Hendricks isn't around.

"Hendricks" = Hendrix

Motorhead350
08-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Sorry, not really a classic rock fan.

massacre
08-02-2011, 07:13 AM
His real name was Hendricks, he changed it to Hendrix, along with changing Jimmy to Jimi.

SC Cheesehead
08-02-2011, 07:44 AM
His real name was Hendricks, he changed it to Hendrix, along with changing Jimmy to Jimi.

This I did not know! An interesting bit of trivia to file away for possible future reference.

Micahdogg
08-02-2011, 08:31 AM

There is no acquiring the car without buying it. That means you need the title. Otherwise you risk being in possession of stolen property which isn't good - even if you never drive it on the streets.

Motorhead350
08-02-2011, 10:56 AM

Did you know Jimmi was a roadie for Joey Dee and The Starliners? Best known for the song Peppermint Twist. Did you know Lemmy from Motorhead first job was being a roadie for Jimmi? Cool stuff.

RacerX
08-02-2011, 11:27 AM
This is how you get rid of that car!!! ;)
http://boingboing.net/2009/05/04/art-student-creates.html

http://craphound.com/images/_45729211_illusioncar466.jpg
http://www.geekologie.com/2009/05/03/invisible%20car%202.jpg
http://cdn.dornob.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/invisible-blend-in-art-car.jpg