PDA

View Full Version : Any Pilots Here?

SHERIFF
01-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Any pilots here? If so, you will get a kick out of this......

http://www.consumptionjunction.com/downloads/cj_30961.wmv

The pilot ought to have his license revoked forever. :)

jfclancy
01-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Any pilots here? If so, you will get a kick out of this......

http://www.consumptionjunction.com/downloads/cj_30961.wmv

The pilot ought to have his license revoked forever. :)

Cruzer is a pilot fixed wing though as far as I know. I agree with THE Sherrif
take his pilots ticket and just burn it.

Joe Clancy

Logan
01-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Cruzer is a pilot fixed wing though as far as I know. I agree with THE Sherrif
take his pilots ticket and just burn it.

Joe Clancy
As opposed to what? The flappy wing pilot? :rasta:

jfclancy
01-13-2004, 03:05 PM
:beer:
As opposed to what? The flappy wing pilot? :rasta:

That would be Rotary as in helicopter as shown in the link.

Joe Clancy

SHERIFF
01-13-2004, 04:18 PM
I know nothing about helicopters.......... but I do know they not quite acceptable as a tow truck. It's common sense, you wouldn't hook a tractor trailer to the back of a Boeing 747 because of the drag factor.

Logan
01-13-2004, 06:02 PM
:beer:

That would be Rotary as in helicopter as shown in the link.

Joe Clancy
What can I say? I'm an idiot. :stupid:

marauder307
01-13-2004, 06:08 PM
I myself am fixed-wing type, about 400 hours, Commercial Multi-Engine with Instrument privileges. Got about 40 hours of rotary in there, although I didn't get the rating because I discovered that the school I was taking lessons from was ripping me off.

The guy in the helo's an idiot. Kinda wonder if he survived...Darwin strikes again!

BlackHole
01-14-2004, 05:06 PM
I myself am fixed-wing type, about 400 hours, Commercial Multi-Engine with Instrument privileges. Got about 40 hours of rotary in there, although I didn't get the rating because I discovered that the school I was taking lessons from was ripping me off.

The guy in the helo's an idiot. Kinda wonder if he survived...Darwin strikes again!

So thats how powerful a Bell Jetranger III is LOL. :shake: :shake:

piglet
01-14-2004, 06:36 PM
Gents,

There is this little thing called power required vs. power available and when you get on the backside of that curve it is truly a slippery slope. As you can see from the video the helo's nose has a right yaw and the tail rotor has a left yaw. This was caused by excessive power requirement and the end result was the lost of tail rotor authority. Not good. It will cause an aggervated right spin as seen. Problem is he was so low to the water that he could not recovery. Good example of what not to do on many different levels.

Basically he is an idiot who ended up giving his helo back to the insurance company.

Logan
01-14-2004, 06:50 PM
I love it when piglet gets all technical and stuff. :D

Petrograde
01-15-2004, 04:32 AM
LOL,... Bell 206's aren't known for there massive amounts of power. :rolleyes: That guy definately underestimated the weight of that boat!

Good point Piglet,.. also I wonder what altitude they were at (i.e. Colorodo or Florida) and,.. if it was a fairly hot day outside,. that could effect his power available to.

I'm a mechanic but I do have some front seat time in a UH-60 Blackhawk. :nono:

Tom

TAF
01-15-2004, 05:56 AM
Gents,

There is this little thing called power required vs. power available and when you get on the backside of that curve it is truly a slippery slope. As you can see from the video the helo's nose has a right yaw and the tail rotor has a left yaw. This was caused by excessive power requirement and the end result was the lost of tail rotor authority. Not good. It will cause an aggervated right spin as seen. Problem is he was so low to the water that he could not recovery. Good example of what not to do on many different levels.

Basically he is an idiot who ended up giving his helo back to the insurance company.
PIGLET!!!

Good to see a post from you.:up: Are you still "Maraudering"? Or just poking your head in here to see some old friends?

piglet
01-15-2004, 06:50 PM
I am still Maraudering! Been very busy with my new job assigment. I am flying a desk for the next 18 months. Not the end of the world a necessary evil to remain relevant and competetive. I can't believe I just typed that I am diffently a staff puke now.

Petrograde
01-15-2004, 08:40 PM
I can't believe I just typed that I am diffently a staff puke now.

...gasp...!!! A necessary evil indeed! When I was an NCO, I was looking at getting assigned to recruiting or Drill Sergeant (no thanks!) to remain relevant and competitive, I figured it was time to move on. :lol:

At least I'm still fixing 'em though! :up:

Tom

teamrope
01-15-2004, 08:49 PM
Did recruiting for 4 years. Dont blame ya petro. (Just say no to USAREC aka you's a wreck) :puke:

STAPrap
01-18-2004, 03:27 PM
Don't worry,he'll have a hard time explaining that, when and if he get's another job interview.

DD :burnout:

Pilatus PC-12 Driver!