PDA

View Full Version : Very special thanks to SergntMac

Motorhead350
08-04-2011, 07:14 PM
I will never forget today. I called Mac up last week and told him I got the green light to go to New York City for the next Rock Camp, I needed to make quick money to get over there and I wanted to know if there was anything I could do for him or anyone else he knew. This was after I helped him out the other week, I didn't get the green light until a day after I did the work for him.

So he said to me "Come on over we'll find something for you to do."

He later asked what I needed and when. I told him and he said his garage wouldn't be ready for me, so he decided to give me what I needed in advance and I'll do the work when I return. It wasn't a loan, I didn't borrow and certainly wasn't given. He hired me to help him out and he really helped me out big time!

I cannot believe the kindness I have experienced, to know there are really good people out there that help people in need... Mac is literally helping me get to where I wanna be in life.

I even offered to give him my Gibson Les Paul Custom until he feels my labor has covered what he has given me, he didn't even accept it. What a guy. Mac truly proved to me he is one of the few people in my life that would do what they could for someone. I cannot thank him enough.

I'll be driving to NYC to the next Rock Camp to network and have a meeting with the producer that is interested in my band. So far everyone has kinda dropped out and expecting me to do everything. The drummer won't come out and we just went though 2 bass players without even playing a gig. That's what it all comes down to D.I.Y., but Mac was there for me. I guess he's one of the few that sees the good in me or thinks I am making the most of my time in the world.

I was going to sleep in the car, but now because of Mac, I'll be able to sleep at The Misfits house in a nice warm bed.

Thank you Mac I truly value someone of your kindness and am honored to call you my friend.

Here's a few songs that came to my mind...

Mac, you mentioned this group one of the last times you posted years ago. I still remember...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbm1yfWi-e0

I don't like the band, but the lyrics really got me attention today on the Oldies Station... couldn't be better fitting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG8rRNjpd8s

Some people say I'm a no 'count. Others say I'm no good.
But I'm just a nat'ral-born travelin' man, doin' what I think I should, O, yeah. Doin' what I think I should.

I'll be listening this to over and over on the way over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y7AK8d9Wgk

Thanks again Mac, I am beyond words to describe how good you made me feel.

Da Dark Jedi
08-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Mac has always been and will continue to be a OUTSTANDING PERSON! SO when is the date for your departure? Be safe on the drive.

DOOM
08-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Doesn't get any better than that! :beer:

Mac you rock! :rock:

SergntMac
08-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Thanks, Dom (and others) for your kind comments. Didn't do anything special here, just made an appointment for some help with a deposit for expected services. In other areas of our lives, making or leaving a deposit for something is automatic, so, why not now?

Y'all be safe.

drobin
08-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Mac,

Sure do miss your genuine prospective and expertise in sharing your views, opinions, and advice on the many issues pertaining to our MM which were addressed by you in a knowlegable and professional manner. Take care and stay in touch my friend.

Donald (drobin)

Bradley G
08-15-2011, 03:52 AM
I'm not sure having Dom paint your curtains is a good idea! :P

Mike
08-15-2011, 03:56 AM
Mac is and ALWAYS be DA Man :bows: :beer:

RF Overlord
08-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Mac will ALWAYS have a special place here. :bows:

I guess he's one of the few that sees the good in me or thinks I am making the most of my time in the world.
For the record, I see the good in you, too, Dom. We may not see eye-to-eye on everything, but I respect your commitment to music and wish you the best of luck in following your dream. The path you've chosen is not for the faint of heart.

Motorhead350
08-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Awwwww. Thanks guys. I am still in town. Tell ya about it later.