PDA

View Full Version : St thomas assembly plant photos august 2011

Peter
08-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Enjoy!

http://blackstallionmarauder.com/STAP/STAP.HTML

wx4caster
08-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Hard to believe it'll be over in a couple months :bigcry:. Thanks for the post.

Motorhead350
08-05-2011, 09:18 PM
F-U C.A.F.E.!!!

You are the enemy!!!

Shaijack
08-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Drop them at my house I will take them....

Flynlow
08-05-2011, 10:20 PM
I agree with Shaijack !! That might be enough Panthers to last me until Ford decides to bring back a real RWD V8 sedan...

Vortex
08-06-2011, 06:47 AM
Thanks for posting the pics, and yeah, its sad to see the end of the road for new Panthers. I wonder why if all Crown Vics are LX's why some have those fanblade wheels and others have cheapo hubcaps? Those cars sure look nice, I really like the looks of those white ones.

RF Overlord
08-06-2011, 07:05 AM
until Ford decides to bring back a real RWD V8 sedan...Don't hold your breath. Never gonna happen.

capt512
08-06-2011, 07:07 AM
The ones with the "cheapo hubcaps" are P71 units for police or similar duty. The ones with the sport wheels and blk fascias are for a rental car company (AKA fleet) so it looks to me like all of these are fleet cars (which I believe is all they are making this year, the regular Civi cars stopped last year I believe.

RF Overlord
08-06-2011, 07:09 AM
F-U C.A.F.E.!!!

You are the enemy!!!Dom, while I agree with the above sentiment, CAFE isn't the reason for the Panther's demise. Our tour guide at STAP last year (who happened to be an engineer) told us that there were a number of reasons, including new roll-over regulations, that would have been too expensive to implement on the Panther platform.

Baaad GN
08-06-2011, 07:55 AM
I NEED a new car, I've bought three new Lincolns since 1987, but ford does not make a big car now so I'm going to check out Buick La crosse or some other large car, maybe even BMW! Would prefer USA but I don't see anything I like at all! They all getting to look like Obama kiddie cars.

a_d_a_m
08-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Nice shots...brings back good memories of two great tours and meeting a ton of cool folks.

kernie
08-06-2011, 08:45 AM
I NEED a new car, I've bought three new Lincolns since 1987, but ford does not make a big car now so I'm going to check out Buick La crosse or some other large car, maybe even BMW! Would prefer USA but I don't see anything I like at all! They all getting to look like Obama kiddie cars.

reminds me of a recent Conan joke,

"A man jumped the white house fence, but after a brief chase, the secret service was able to talk President Obama into coming back and finishing his term."

:beer:

Mercguy04
08-06-2011, 08:58 AM

Try Cadillacs, the CTS V is alive and well.
Faster than 10 P71s or Lincolns. Stock is 556 Bhp.
I have a STS V which the bastarD stop making two years ago.
It is rated from the factory at 465 Bhp. Not bad either.

The ground rules. so buy while you can.

Bigdogjim
08-06-2011, 10:34 AM
I have all week at the Days Inn here in St.Catharines just off exit 46 on the QEW and every night there are at leat two two car carriers parked here full of CVPI:)

I guess I should have taken pictures?

TFB
08-06-2011, 12:08 PM
The ones with the "cheapo hubcaps" are P71 units for police or similar duty. The ones with the sport wheels and blk fascias are for a rental car company (AKA fleet) so it looks to me like all of these are fleet cars (which I believe is all they are making this year, the regular Civi cars stopped last year I believe.
The ones with full wheel covers could also be P71s with the SAP(street appearance package)...

Merc-O-matic
08-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the great photos! And Thanks to ADAM, I was able to
make the LAST STAP tour on 6/17/11.
Some of the best looking cars ever built!!;) and I have no intention
of driving anything else.

RF Overlord
08-06-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm going to check out Buick La crosse FWD = FTL
maybe even BMW! Would prefer USA but I don't see anything I like at all! They all getting to look like Obama kiddie cars.You think it's bad NOW? Wait 'til that ludicrous 54.5 MPG standard hits. Think any of the European luxo-barges will meet that? Think again. We're being legislated into econo-boxes whether we want them or not.

Mr. Man
08-06-2011, 12:32 PM
FWD = FTL You think it's bad NOW? Wait 'til that ludicrous 54.5 MPG standard hits. Think any of the European luxo-barges will meet that? Think again. We're being legislated into econo-boxes whether we want them or not.
You'll be zipping about on your Rascal by that time:D

TFB
08-06-2011, 01:51 PM
FWD = FTL You think it's bad NOW? Wait 'til that ludicrous 54.5 MPG standard hits. Think any of the European luxo-barges will meet that? Think again. We're being legislated into econo-boxes whether we want them or not.

I suspect if it comes to pass, the next revolt against a g'uvmnt will be here in the US...

a_d_a_m
08-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks to ADAM, I was able to
make the LAST STAP tour on 6/17/11.
:beer:
I wanted you to see it before it closed down, which is why I gave up my spot initially. Of course, it worked out well that I was able to get myself in for one last tour anyway.