08-09-2011, 10:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPRTe1xO7nw
IPRTe1xO7nw

Roadtest by Motorweek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cSShPMYTS0
_cSShPMYTS0

Chayton
08-09-2011, 10:30 AM
I was really getting into the review, but once he started with the whole, "kinky, fat ass, partying transvestite" thing i kinda felt sick hahaha:puke:

Anyways, what a gorgeous car! I totally agree with the whole last real muscle car thing. Everything else has slimmed down alot, but right away the challenger just looks heavy. and that 6.4 liter hemi isnt doing it much help either haha.

Joe Walsh
08-09-2011, 02:35 PM
I love the body style of that Challenger, but that guy claimed that it rode on "Massive tires".....

WTF?

The Challengers look like they are running on rental car tires.
My one big issue with them is that they have those skinny looking tires under a BIG car.

Big Black Beast
08-09-2011, 04:12 PM
It's too tall. There's like, an extra foot between the bottom of the bumper and the exhaust pipes. Seriously, look at a new one parked next to a '70 Challenger, and you'll see what I mean.

PonyUP
08-09-2011, 05:21 PM
I was really hoping in 2011 they would fix the major flaw that car has, but they didn't... It's still a Dodge

duhtroll
08-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Though the performance is lacking due to weight, IMO the Challenger is the best looking of the 3 American coupes, over the Mustang and Camaro.

dohc324ci
08-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Weird I agree completely. Plus that 392ci is just a beast!

JamesHecker
08-09-2011, 10:50 PM
I'ld hit that.

Ktorres1
08-09-2011, 11:17 PM
I Love this car!

slick rick
08-09-2011, 11:33 PM
It do look better then the other 2,that will be my next car,

MOTOWN
08-10-2011, 03:51 AM
Sweet ride me likey!

Vortex
08-10-2011, 06:33 AM
I know its not as fast as the Mustang or Camaro but I just like it better. Seems to me you are getting more car for your money with the Challenger. I think it actually looks better than the original as well. I have the 5.7 hemi in my truck and it is a hell of an engine so I can imagine in a car it has to be lot of fun. I'll take an R/T Classic in Plum Crazy purple with a black interior and a manual transmission thanks (if I were buying a new car).

ctrlraven
08-10-2011, 08:08 AM
I think they hit the nail on the head with saying the Camaro and Mustang are more sport than muscle car and with the Challenger it's vice versa.

PonyUP
08-10-2011, 11:06 AM
I think they hit the nail on the head with saying the Camaro and Mustang are more sport than muscle car and with the Challenger it's vice versa.

Hard to say that the Challenger (at least the 2010) which is slowest of the 3 of them is more muscle. I like the look of the car from the side, think it rides to high in the back, should be a little wider and the thing is completely uncomfortable to sit in.

the Camaro has lousy sight lines, also isn't real comfortable but better than the Challenger

the Mustang is really comfortable, and the sight lines are pretty good. Though I wish they would have kept the bigger side view mirrors from 07 and 08.

Mr. Man
08-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Hard to say that the Challenger (at least the 2010) which is slowest of the 3 of them is more muscle. I like the look of the car from the side, think it rides to high in the back, should be a little wider and the thing is completely uncomfortable to sit in.

the Camaro has lousy sight lines, also isn't real comfortable but better than the Challenger

the Mustang is really comfortable, and the sight lines are pretty good. Though I wish they would have kept the bigger side view mirrors from 07 and 08.
Funny you say that as I recently sat in a '011 Challenger and Mustang GT. I thought the Challenger had way more room.

As for comfort, hard to say as I didn't drive either one. The 011 Mustang seemed tighter than the last one I sat in which was an 09 or 10. Sheet metal looks about the same but I wonder if the 011's have bigger, thicker side impact bars which reduce the cabin space.:dunno:

PonyUP
08-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Funny you say that as I recently sat in a '011 Challenger and Mustang GT. I thought the Challenger had way more room.

As for comfort, hard to say as I didn't drive either one. The 011 Mustang seemed tighter than the last one I sat in which was an 09 or 10. Sheet metal looks about the same but I wonder if the 011's have bigger, thicker side impact bars which reduce the cabin space.:dunno:

They might, for me, I compared the 2011 that I bought to the 2007. Room seemed about the same, but the seat was so much more comfortable. the seat in the Challenger just kind of dug into me and felt a little rough. But I'm a big guy at 6'1 275lb, so it might just be me

Vortex
08-10-2011, 02:19 PM
From a "Man of Size":

Challenger - plenty of room, no issues;

Mustang - I fit in the seat, headroom is ok but the interior is pretty tight generally;

Camaro - I cant even hardly get in one the roof is so low. I feel like Im being made a member of the Pharaohs.

duhtroll
08-10-2011, 02:30 PM
I have not sat in a Camaro yet but the Challenger is definitely bigger inside than the Mustang.

hamcheese
08-10-2011, 05:28 PM
No thanks! I will keep the Marauder. :)

Mr. Man
08-10-2011, 07:51 PM
From a "Man of Size":

Challenger - plenty of room, no issues;

Mustang - I fit in the seat, headroom is ok but the interior is pretty tight generally;

Camaro - I cant even hardly get in one the roof is so low. I feel like Im being made a member of the Pharaohs.
:concur:

Wow I never thought I'd get to use that icon

MrBluGruv
08-10-2011, 07:58 PM
I wish, SOOO badly, that the Challengers were up to snuff with the Camaros and Mustangs. Not only do they really look the part for retro-revival, but they were supposed to be beastly. Now, you basically have to get an over-priced top-of-the-line model to even hang.

Having owned a Ford, and now owning a GM, I'd love my next car to be a Challenger so I can say I've owned a Mopar, that is unless I'm lucky enough to land a Corvette...

Mr. Man
08-10-2011, 08:37 PM
What kind of power do you get when you put a S/C on the 392?

LANDY
08-10-2011, 08:44 PM
What kind of power do you get when you put a S/C on the 392?
A lot, my buddy has an srt8 charger with 710rwhp on the stock block and it has held pretty well thru abuse. The thing just won't blow up. These cars have a lot to potential I'm them if you were to mod them, but they get really expenssive.

guspech750
08-10-2011, 08:46 PM
That's one sweet ride. That would look awesome in my driveway as my Marauder has dibs on the garage. I want one.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Odinson
09-21-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm not so sure modding them with a supercharger or anything else will be so easy.

http://www.challengerenthusiast.net/1998/2013-dodge-challenger-srt8-392-to-get-factory-supercharger/

Been wondering why I haven't seen an aftermarket supercharger for a challenger yet and now I know why.

I'm looking cause I'm finally ready to commit to a car (my marauder is about to end a stint as a stock daily driver) I can repair (little stuff) and mod the marauder. Or I can start fresh. Thinking 'mod the marauder' but is it really worth it at 63k? Maybe it would make more sense to buy one all set up. Who's good with them in the NYC area? I have some skill but need some support for mods.

It's either fix up mine, buy someone else's, get a challenger 392 or get a boss 302. I'd love a convertible but the GT500 just doesn't impress me for some reason. A little less excited about the 392 now that I hear it's all locked down.

Obviously the cheapest and simplest option is work with what I've got. :burnout:

Shaijack
09-21-2011, 07:07 PM
I test drove one and the salesman had to change his underware after. Wife wants one. Orange body with black interior. They have a place in New Orleans that will turn one into a 700+ hp beast. After I get the last two colors of the Marauder I will get her one.

slick rick
09-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Chrysler looked the pcm on the 392 so u cant s c it yet.A lot of guys is trading the 2011 in for 2009s.

Mr. Man
09-21-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm not so sure modding them with a supercharger or anything else will be so easy.

http://www.challengerenthusiast.net/1998/2013-dodge-challenger-srt8-392-to-get-factory-supercharger/

Been wondering why I haven't seen an aftermarket supercharger for a challenger yet and now I know why.

I'm looking cause I'm finally ready to commit to a car (my marauder is about to end a stint as a stock daily driver) I can repair (little stuff) and mod the marauder. Or I can start fresh. Thinking 'mod the marauder' but is it really worth it at 63k? Maybe it would make more sense to buy one all set up. Who's good with them in the NYC area? I have some skill but need some support for mods.

It's either fix up mine, buy someone else's, get a challenger 392 or get a boss 302. I'd love a convertible but the GT500 just doesn't impress me for some reason. A little less excited about the 392 now that I hear it's all locked down.

Obviously the cheapest and simplest option is work with what I've got. :burnout:
PM Blackened300a. He's in Queens. He's into modding and can steer you in the right direction on where to go in the NYC area.:)

CBT
09-22-2011, 03:54 AM
I spoke to a sales lady about a Blackberry Pearl Metallic SRT-8 Challenger at the dealership next door to where my Marauder was getting state inspected last month. Stunning color. They had one with the flat black stripes down the side, you couldn't even tell what color the car was or that it had stripes until you got within 10 feet, beautiful beautiful paint/stripe job.

71cyclone
09-22-2011, 04:09 AM
The New Hemi was a colabiration with mopar and benz [a cheap S 420 engine ]
The Jury is still out on reliability The engine uses basic champion plugs 2 per cylinder ,they should be changed at around 30.000 miles . A mopar Enginer told me it was cheaper to build the new Hemi than to buid the Cast Iron 360 truck motor.
In the long run the new Chryslers do not hold up like the FO MO CO cars.

71cyclone
09-22-2011, 04:12 AM
ALSO as far as construction goes The new Challenger is a- SAWED OFF- Charger/300 body So the cost to retool was minimal

Odinson
10-21-2011, 12:51 PM
RDP figured out how to supercharge the 392.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIcCHP6jhkk

LOL at the dyno. Somethings wrong there only coming back 478? Thinking that's a little low. Those are stock numbers. Thing looks like it's going to jump of the dyno.

Mr. Man
10-21-2011, 01:51 PM

LOL at the dyno. Somethings wrong there only coming back 478? Thinking that's a little low. Those are stock numbers. Thing looks like it's going to jump of the dyno.
Does seem a bit low. Dodge says 475HP so figure about a 20% loss is just under 100HP at the rear wheels, say 380ish RWHP stock. So only a gain of 100 HP. Doesn't seem worth the cost. I may not have been a full pull if they are still working out the bugs.

71cyclone
10-28-2011, 04:31 AM
The Challenger was a qwick fix production car -- A SAWED OF Dodge Charger/300- all chassis parts are similar -minimal investment for max BANG for the BUCK

DOOM
10-28-2011, 08:35 AM

FAIL!!!

Also am I seeing things or is that car NOT STRAPPED DOWN on the dyno??? :eek:

88LTDCV351
10-28-2011, 08:46 AM
I used to really love the new retro Challenger. But when I saw them on the road, at least I no longer like it as much as I did before, they just seem smaller, not as retro, and not wide enough than what I remember my favorite old school American muscle cars being.

Guittard22
10-28-2011, 08:49 AM
392 hemi is a huge motor

88LTDCV351
10-28-2011, 08:56 AM
In the end, I'd probably just go Dodge Charger SRT if I went Dodge. I like the utility of four doors. But I do love the old school muscle car look even if the new retro cars don't go far enough on the look. I never thought the newer Mustangs looked that retro when they first came out. It fooled some, but not me. If they created something that really looked retro but with a modern engine (lots of performance options), stronger lighter chassis/body, etc. Then I might buy new. Or if they come out with the Ford Interceptor (I'm still dreaming and with a normal interior and retro front end), then I might go that route just because.

BirchMarauder
10-28-2011, 11:08 AM
How many hookers will fit in the Marauder's trunk?

Mr. Man
10-28-2011, 01:10 PM
392 hemi is a huge motor
If you do the math it's really a 391 but there is no nostalgia in a 391 is there;)