PDA

View Full Version : What do you think for a daily driver?

wx4caster
08-13-2011, 07:07 AM
http://integradatainventory.com/VirtualInventory/samswope/toyotaoflouisville/2FAFP74W0YX132899.aspx

Very intrested in this car -- but am looking for opinion (yes, good as well as bad ). I have SB Maruader so she will have a near twin.
Thanks for input.

PS - one Carfax shows accident to left rear.

RoyLPita
08-13-2011, 07:26 AM
Nicely equipped:
FRONT AND REAR FLOOR MATS
FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
UNIVERSAL GARAGE DOOR OPENER
HANDLING & PERFORMANCE PACKAGE
• P225/60TRX16 BSW TOURING TIRE
• 3.55 RATIO-AXLE/NON-LOCKER
• DUAL EXHAUST SYSTEM
• 16" CAST ALUMINUM WHEELS
• REAR AIR SUSPENSION
• REAR STABILIZER BAR
ELEC AM/FM STEREO W/SNGL DISC
LX COMFORT GROUP
• 6-WAY POWER PASS SEAT W/LUMBA
• LEATHER WRAP STEERING WHEEL
• AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL A/C
• ELECTRONIC AUTO DIM MIRROR
LEATHER SURFACES S/B SEATS

TFB
08-13-2011, 07:30 AM
I guess it ain't a bad buy, Kelly retail is $7700...

I have a similar option, one owner, '98 Grand Marquis I bought last year with 33K mi(for $4500, feel like I stole it)... They aren't as tight as a '03+, but still drive nicely...

The '00-'03 2v have timing chain guide issues but otherwise I can't think of any major problems... Use a quality synthetic oil and you'll probably not have a issue with the chains...

RF Overlord
08-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Nicely equipped:
• 3.55 RATIO-AXLE/NON-LOCKER
Brian, I thought only P71s came with the 3.55?

slickster
08-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Not a bad price for them miles

RoyLPita
08-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Brian, I thought only P71s came with the 3.55?

2000 GM and CV civilian models w/ HPP have this feature. Some very early '01s have this, too.

RF Overlord
08-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Thanks, brah. ;)

05crownsport
08-13-2011, 03:28 PM
I am selling a 2002 that is similar. It has more miles, cloth interior, and a couple of scratches and dents... see other cars for sale. My price is negotiable.

Chayton
08-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Haha I think you might be buying this car from a poet!

"Life is full of disappointments, but at least this superb Crown Victoria will always be there for you and never let you down. "

hahahaha!:rofl:

Besides the poetry, For those kind of miles Id say its a good deal :)

Timw286
08-13-2011, 04:24 PM
I drove a 1999 Crown Victoria for 2 years, you COULD NOT break it. So long as you performed the appropriate PM and didn't neglect it you could drive it as rough as you wanted...plus that silver/with that interior and wheels is a nice looking combo. I say go for it.

quick vic
08-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Nice looking and great miles,Spotless inside for the year and color not a bad price either.

wx4caster
08-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Nice looking and great miles,Spotless inside for the year and color not a bad price either.
Went to Louisville to look at the car....what a waste of my 5 hours. It smelled like mildew and the car had not been taken care of. Leather cracking too. From a distance it did look good though. I'm still looking ..... but closer to home next time.

Timw286
08-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Sorry to hear that, luckily it's such a popular/readily available vehicle you'll have a lot to choose from...good luck on your hunt and I'd stick with the CV!

Ms. Denmark
08-14-2011, 05:29 AM
We ordered a 2000 CV from the local dealer. (Mostly small) things went wrong regularly and it spent a lot of time back at the dealer for warranty repair. I didn't like the transmision, didn't enjoy driving it and really couldn't wait to get rid of it. Was leery to order the Marauder, but of course there's no comparison! Couldn't go back now.

MM2004
08-14-2011, 06:00 AM
Went to Louisville to look at the car....what a waste of my 5 hours. It smelled like mildew and the car had not been taken care of. Leather cracking too. From a distance it did look good though. I'm still looking ..... but closer to home next time.

Sorry about the wasted time.

I could have saved you the driving had I known you were looking.

That lot is only about 15 miles from me.

;)

Mike.

Marauderman
08-14-2011, 08:00 AM

When you day "mildew" ,that normally can only mean =from water----and looking at the engine pics--isn't that RUST on parts of the engine where it couldn't be disguised with nice black spray engine cleaner?

Wasn't there flooding awhile back there in Louisville?

wx4caster
08-14-2011, 12:19 PM
When you day "mildew" ,that normally can only mean =from water----and looking at the engine pics--isn't that RUST on parts of the engine where it couldn't be disguised with nice black spray engine cleaner?

Wasn't there flooding awhile back there in Louisville?

Yes and yes. It's easy to detail the plastic and rubber in the engine bay but the metal parts had what appeared to be rust. When I opened the door it was apparent there was water damage. I don't understand why the Carfax didn't show unless it wasn't enough for a flood/salvage title. Anyway I drove 5 hours for a 45 sec walkaround. :mad: Lesson learned.

REAL4WD
08-14-2011, 01:33 PM
carfax can be fooled. all you have to do is not use the VIN when fixing something. my dads buddy owns a auto body shop. his truck was wrecked by one of his sons. he fixed and it has a perfectly clean carfax, oasis, and all those reports because the VIN was never used. i will use carfax as a preliminary but not rely on it.

Bobmiddle
08-15-2011, 03:45 PM
insurance co is who reports to car fax not the body shop. could have been flood damage and no real issues yet and that is why they unlaoded it to the dealer but from experience there will be.

wx4caster
08-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Well. website shows car has been sold. I guess someone needed it more than I did.

Fosters
08-16-2011, 05:49 AM
insurance co is who reports to car fax not the body shop. could have been flood damage and no real issues yet and that is why they unlaoded it to the dealer but from experience there will be.

I don't know about that, I had a truck which I fixed out of pocket (bent bumper, repair cost would have been 1.5x the deductible) and the body shop did report it to carfax. I guess it depends on the body shop if they do or not.