PDA

View Full Version : Level 1 and level 2 upgrade kits

Dennis Reinhart
01-12-2004, 02:10 PM
First of all thank you for being so patient, here are the kits I have been working on for over three months, Level one kit is the 4R70W\75 and it will work on ALL 99 and up Transmissions and the Valve body kit, has been modified to Jerry's specifications, these plates are Laser cut, included with this is the AODE 300 M. Hardened stub shaft.

I have had two stub shafts on SC Marauders fail, normally these are never prone to failure but I have decided to include a better shaft in both kits, along with the forced lube tail shaft kit.

I will include a new rear tail shaft bushing. Also included is the spiral lock clip, what I have seen is the stock OEM clip will shake or pop off the mechanical diode assemble and this alone can cause the transmission to fail, along with the lips being torn or cut on the 1/2 accumulator pistons improperly installed from Ford, this is why a lot of you are having transmission failures, this kit will come with all the gaskets and hardware. This kit should be used on low mileage Transmissions that have no problems or internal damage.

Level 2 is all of the above plus a complete AOD super rebuild kit/with all the upgraded bands and clutches, this will make the transmission bullet proof, able to with stand 600 RWHP. If you have a car still under warranty and you feel the transmission is not right by all means go to Ford, but keep in mine they will only make a stock repair never addressing known weak areas of this transmission, for example they will not install the spiral lock clip. If you want a proven setup go with the level 2 kit, I have been selling bullet proof 4R70W's for years, I have one in my Mark 8 and it makes 530 RWHP to the tires. It will be two weeks before I can get the valve body separator plates. I am having these laser cut out in California, you can call me about pricing both kits are very reasonable priced as every thing I sell for our cars.

TAF
01-12-2004, 02:32 PM
Halleluiah!!!!

SergntMac
01-12-2004, 02:38 PM
Way to go Dennis!

merc
01-12-2004, 02:50 PM
Darn, there going my tax refund from Uncle Sam. Thanks Dennis.

Agent M79
01-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Will these kits work with the 4R75W?

junehhan
01-12-2004, 10:40 PM
I was actually going to ask that same question! I'd definately be interested in a new valve body for my 4R75W if it was available. Out of curiosity, how much is the Stage 1, and Stage 2 kits for us?

Dennis Reinhart
01-13-2004, 06:28 AM
Yes they will work perfect there is very little differences between both transmissions.

gonzo50
01-13-2004, 11:51 AM
For the reason of not having to get Level 2 later, I think that Ford/Mercury should look at this issue and have a recall on all Marauders for this upgrade.
Not to take anything away from Dennis, but if Transmissions are going south on us Marauder owners with a defect that the factory installed than it should be a nation wide "Recall". :fire:

Haggis
01-13-2004, 12:05 PM
True, but who would you rather have working on your tranmission. The people who made it that way the first time or Dennis?

Dennis Reinhart
01-13-2004, 12:35 PM
For the reason of not having to get Level 2 later, I think that Ford/Mercury should look at this issue and have a recall on all Marauders for this upgrade.
Not to take anything away from Dennis, but if Transmissions are going south on us Marauder owners with a defect that the factory installed than it should be a nation wide "Recall". :fire:

Well that is between you and Ford, these problems have been there fort years

03SILVERSTREAK
01-13-2004, 12:59 PM
Well that is between you and Ford, these problems have been there fort years
Dennis will this stage 1 or 2 include the trans cooler you say your putting out or is that seperate?

Dennis Reinhart
01-15-2004, 06:05 PM
Dennis will this stage 1 or 2 include the trans cooler you say your putting out or is that seperate?

here are the cover page for the level 1 kit I get the first level 2 tomorrow both kits go on sale today, and I will post pictures of the kits and cooler later this week thank you for your patients.

Effster
01-15-2004, 06:35 PM
dennis ,it says type "F" fluid.no mercon V ?also no synthetics.is that so the clutches "bite" better?i thought we needed mercon V to keep the t/c shutter to a minimum.thanks for posting this kit,its something all modded mercs should have

Dennis Reinhart
01-15-2004, 06:43 PM
dennis ,it says type "F" fluid.no mercon V ?also no synthetics.is that so the clutches "bite" better?i thought we needed mercon V to keep the t/c shutter to a minimum.thanks for posting this kit,its something all modded mercs should have

Its a Typo I will fix it right away

SergntMac
01-15-2004, 07:46 PM
I think that Ford/Mercury should look at this issue and have a recall on all Marauders for this upgrade.

Ummm...I've been debating this point myself, and I am not pleased by my results. May I recap my thinking with you?

We know that 7000 plus Marauders are out on the streets of America, real cars on the pavement, yes?

We also know that we have 1300 plus members here, and I for one must agree that anyone who has gone as far as to register a screen name with us here, probably owns a Marauder, right?

Out of that 1300 plus members registered here, about 150 or so, actually talk about their Marauder. Really come to speak their praise, and talk about their problems, are you following me?

And of those 150 or so who talk about their problems, one in ten have complained about tranny problems.

Now...Unless someone has been lying here, our MM tranny failure rate is very, very low among MM owners at large, which does not support any "recall."

Maybe, and "at best," a note in our OASIS records may record our requests for inspection and repair.

"Recall?" I think not. We would have to have half of the production line fail before any "recall."

Sorry...Not my definition of the word, or it's status among owners. Just the way it is...

Petrograde
01-15-2004, 08:44 PM
it all comes back to the Almighty Dollar.... :rolleyes:

Tom

JerseyVics
01-16-2004, 10:11 AM
Dennis,

your kits are rebuild kits or reinforcement kits?

would buying one of your kits and rebuilding my two burned OD's tranny's fix my OD problem???

how much do you want for the kits?

thanks,
--Russ

Dennis Reinhart
01-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Dennis,

your kits are rebuild kits or reinforcement kits?

would buying one of your kits and rebuilding my two burned OD's tranny's fix my OD problem???

how much do you want for the kits?

thanks,
--Russ
Level 2 is a complete kit call me for pricing

01True BlueGT
01-16-2004, 10:23 AM
We also know that we have 1300 plus members here, and I for one must agree that anyone who has gone as far as to register a screen name with us here, probably owns a Marauder, right?

Not exactly. I own a Mustang, but I work for L-M. A guy I work with owns a MM, but has no PC, so I look here for tips and tricks for him, and I have been able to help a few people in the mean time. Plus, this is one of the most active message boards I have seen yet. :rock:

Kelly
01-16-2004, 06:54 PM
Dennis would this kit be a self installable kit with good instructions?

joflewbyu2
01-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Dennis, pics & prices please. Is the tranny cooler out yet? If so, is the cooler the 28,000 GVWR B&M stack plate design and will your kit include lines, fittings and brackets? Lastly, do you have the Ford tranny pans with the drain bolt? Thanks for your time and help. my e-mail is joflewbyu2@aol.com

RF Overlord
01-17-2004, 07:49 AM
Lastly, do you have the Ford tranny pans with the drain bolt?

jo:

Not to hijack this thread, but to perhaps benefit others as well, I can answer that YES, he does sell those pans. I have one...it's a gen-U-wine Ford pan, with drain plug. Doesn't come with a gasket, but the original is the re-usable kind. Mine doesn't leak a drop. Just remember to transfer the magnet from the old pan, too.

Dennis Reinhart
01-17-2004, 07:55 AM
jo:

Not to hijack this thread, but to perhaps benefit others as well, I can answer that YES, he does sell those pans. I have one...it's a gen-U-wine Ford pan, with drain plug. Doesn't come with a gasket, but the original is the re-usable kind. Mine doesn't leak a drop. Just remember to transfer the magnet from the old pan, too.

I have the stock looking OEM pans in stock.
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1074360138-MVC-259S.JPG

I also have a new deep pan with a drain.
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1074357189-MVC-258S.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1074354938-MVC-255S.jpg

The cooler kit is available, with braided steel lines.
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1074356205-MVC-256S.jpg

I am going as fast as I can I will get the rest of the information up as soon as possible

RF Overlord
01-17-2004, 08:33 AM
I also have a new deep pan with a drain also I will post the pictures later today

Dennis: Does the deep pan require a different filter, one with a longer "neck" to keep it properly positioned near the bottom of the pan?

Dennis Reinhart
01-17-2004, 09:38 AM
Dennis: Does the deep pan require a different filter, one with a longer "neck" to keep it properly positioned near the bottom of the pan?

I just got the pans in Friday. I do not believe they require a different filter I will check on this Monday, of course with the deeper pan you can run more fluid which is always a good thing.

Petrograde
01-17-2004, 09:50 AM
wow,.. the deeper pan and cooler seem like a good combo.

ok,.. dumb question time.. Does the cooler mount on the front of the radiator? I would assume it does, but it seems to me I've seen them located elsewhere on the Marauder. (on the passenger side? what was I looking at?)

Since I got my SCMT from ya, I've been giving my transmission quite a workout! It might be time to upgrade!

anyway,.. maybe this has been cover in another thread but,.. how would you rate the difficulty of the transmission cooler installation?

Thanks!

Tom

RF Overlord
01-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Does the cooler mount on the front of the radiator? I would assume it does, but it seems to me I've seen them located elsewhere on the Marauder. (on the passenger side? what was I looking at?)

anyway,.. maybe this has been cover in another thread but,.. how would you rate the difficulty of the transmission cooler installation?

Tom:

Any cooler should be mounted where it can get sufficient air flow; normally this would be behind the grille...if that's not possible for some reason, you can mount it just about anywhere, but then you'd most likely have to put a fan on it...

As far as installation difficulty, I put one in my Gran Sport many years ago, and judging from the included hardware kit shown in Dennis's pix, it looks like mounting his would be a piece of cake...and those nice stainless lines will make hook-up a breeze, too...no more using tubing cutters, splicing lines, or installing hack hose clamps... :rolleyes:

Once again, THANKS, DENNIS!!! for a very well thought-out mod...I'll be ordering mine just as soon as it's warm enough to do the work without turning into a big popsicle... (RF = Really Frozen)

Dennis Reinhart
01-17-2004, 12:33 PM
I put it right in front of the grill where it gets max air flow
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1074368204-MVC-258S.jpg
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1074367858-MVC-259S.jpg

Petrograde
01-17-2004, 01:08 PM
Thanks Dennis!

Well,.. I guess I better get the Visa warmed up! :lol:

Tom

FordNut
01-17-2004, 01:55 PM
The deep aluminum pan looks similar to the B&M pan and yes, they recommend a different filter. I believe it is the one used in Explorers. But I don't know if it's really necessary since the oil level is still the same, just increased capacity.

Another question/idea... Is there any thought of (or need for) adding a baffle plate similar to a windage tray that would keep tranny fluid from sloshing to the back of the tranny during hard acceleration? Just curious since some mention of this sloshing was made in a post awhile back.

junehhan
01-18-2004, 12:19 PM
Dennis, out of curiosity, does the deep higher capacity transmission pan require more ground clearance? I ask because we've got some of the worst pothole ridden roads in the world and I want to make sure that if I accidently bottom out my Marauder, it won't rip the pan off. I guess I too better get my Visa card warmed up as any mods that extend the life of the vehicle, or allow me to drive harder while negating some of the negative effects is always nice.

Dennis Reinhart
01-18-2004, 12:41 PM
Well its deeper so Sure its going to be closer to the ground but with the way our cars set up with the 18" tires there is no problem

Krytin
01-18-2004, 12:47 PM
If a filter with a dropped tube pick up is available it would be a good thing to use with the deep pan - cooler oil at bottom!

joflewbyu2
01-19-2004, 07:04 AM
Dennis, would you suggest a different ATF than Mercon V (ie.) Redline ATF, or B&M Synthetic ATF?

joflewbyu2
01-19-2004, 10:58 AM
looks very similar to TCI's tranny pan. i have been looking at the TCI's, Hughes and B&M pans too. the later 2 (hughes and B&M) need a 4x4 filter pick up. Does your Dennis?

Dennis Reinhart
01-19-2004, 11:20 AM
It does not need a deeper filter, and Mercon V is good fluid I also like Amsol which I do sell

joflewbyu2
01-20-2004, 09:19 AM
Dennis, does your cooler work in conjunction with the radiator - after the radiator the cooler is used OR DOES IT BYPASS THE RADIATOR AND USES THE COOLER ALL ALONE?

Dennis Reinhart
01-20-2004, 10:20 AM
It bypasses the OEM cooller I have thought about using this as a engine oil cooler but have not addressed it yet

03SILVERSTREAK
01-20-2004, 12:24 PM
It bypasses the OEM cooller I have thought about using this as a engine oil cooler but have not addressed it yet
I think thats an excellent idea. Just need to know the what adapter plate to use that mounts between the filter and block and the steel braided hoses and fittings...:beer:

jgc61sr2002
01-20-2004, 10:27 PM
It bypasses the OEM cooller I have thought about using this as a engine oil cooler but have not addressed it yet Another excellent idea. I had an engine oil cooler on a Chev P/U with stand shift. The factory utilized the the radiator trans cooler section. :up:

SergntMac
01-20-2004, 11:32 PM
Not exactly. I own a Mustang, but I work for L-M. A guy I work with owns a MM, but has no PC, so I look here for tips and tricks for him, and I have been able to help a few people in the mean time./QUOTE]

I've noticed that. So, you don't own a MM yourself, but you represent a MM owner "in the wild" who doesn't have a screen name here, right? If I have this correct, do I need to recalculate my numbers?

[QUOTE=FordNut] Is there any thought of (or need for) adding a baffle plate similar to a windage tray that would keep tranny fluid from sloshing to the back of the tranny during hard acceleration? Just curious since some mention of this sloshing was made in a post awhile back.

Baffle plate for the tranny...You mean you want to slow this "sloshing" down? IMHO, this sloshing of fluid to the rear is the only lubrication afforded our rear tail shaft bearings. Educate me on this, please.

FordNut
01-21-2004, 06:31 AM
Baffle plate for the tranny...You mean you want to slow this "sloshing" down? IMHO, this sloshing of fluid to the rear is the only lubrication afforded our rear tail shaft bearings. Educate me on this, please.

On hard acceleration (drag racing) and/or cornering (road racing) I don't wee what would keep the fluid from being sloshed up on the sides or into the tailshaft area to the point that the pickup were starved for fluid. As for the tailshaft, I plan to add the forced lube mod so that would not be an issue.

Dennis Reinhart
01-21-2004, 06:39 AM
On hard acceleration (drag racing) and/or cornering (road racing) I don't wee what would keep the fluid from being sloshed up on the sides or into the tailshaft area to the point that the pickup were starved for fluid. As for the tailshaft, I plan to add the forced lube mod so that would not be an issue.

thats true but the stock pan does not have a baffle either and the kit contains the forced lube kit, the pans hold 2 more qrts of fluid with that capacity you are never going to dissplace all the fluid in the pan unless you fire off a Jatto bottle

FordNut
01-21-2004, 01:05 PM
Did you see the brackets on my roof for the JATO rocket?

Seriously, thanks for addressing our concerns and answering our sometimes stupid questions.

03SILVERSTREAK
03-18-2004, 12:21 PM
Hey Dennis have you yet addressed using the factory trans cooler as an engine oil cooler???:D