PDA

View Full Version : pulled the trigger on a laptop

Bradley G
08-24-2011, 02:53 AM
Finally I type from my new laptop puter!
I choose the HPdv7 6163us for various reasons;
i7, 2.0 -2.9 processor,(turbo) 750GB, 17.3", Beats audio with four spkers & sub, Windows 7 premium, I got the Mircosoft Office Home & student suites(Pro) with Powerpoint ,

EXcel,Word & One note, BUT STILL NEED TO INSTALL.
I highly recomend Staples if you are in the market for one or related products.
The local stores did not stock this model and by the time I was ready with the cash, all the closer stores that stocked this model were sold out:bigcry:.
I ended up driving over an hour to Orland Park to pick it up.
I have not even figured out how this thing works yet, and I was tempted with a hot rod computer magazine.
I'm sure there's a rear cooling mod for this thing somewhere:lol:

CBT
08-24-2011, 03:10 AM
Finally I type from my new laptop puter!
I choose the HPdv7 6163us for various reasons;
i7, 2.0 -2.9 processor,(turbo) 750GB, 17.3", Beats audio with four spkers & sub, Windows 7 premium, I got the Mircosoft Office Home & student suites(Pro) with Powerpoint ,

EXcel,Word & One note, BUT STILL NEED TO INSTALL.
I highly recomend Staples if you are in the market for one or related products.
The local stores did not stock this model and by the time I was ready with the cash, all the closer stores that stocked this model were sold out:bigcry:.
I ended up driving over an hour to Orland Park to pick it up.
I have not even figured out how this thing works yet, and I was tempted with a hot rod computer magazine.
I'm sure there's a rear cooling mod for this thing somewhere:lol:

That's what she said!! :beer:

RacerX
08-24-2011, 03:49 AM
It's simply a tool... Like Casey!:D

burt ragio
08-24-2011, 04:14 AM
From what little I know about it does seem to be one of the better values out there & is a great price.

Bradley G
08-24-2011, 04:52 AM
One of the coolest features so far is the fingerprint reader
No more remembering passwords:confused:
Now I'm gonna be totally inept when I use another computer:stupid::stupid:

Ozark Marauder
08-24-2011, 06:14 AM
I like laptops with the 10 key numeric keyboard, read some nice reviews about the screen size and brightness, and excellent battery life, nice choice...for a desktop replacement......Cons, Not good for gaming. Display resolution too small for 1080p. No USB 3.0 ports.......But who cares about those, you did your research, found the one that suits you the best, enjoy and don't second guess yourself, technology moves at warp speed.........

MM2004
08-24-2011, 06:23 AM
One of the coolest features so far is the fingerprint reader
No more remembering passwords:confused:
Now I'm gonna be totally inept when I use another computer:stupid::stupid:

Fingerprint reader is cool, but can also land you in a lot of trouble if something happens and you cannot decipher the logon password.

That's when you call a GEEK like me to break into it.

:D

Good luck with the new laptop.

Mike.

CBT
08-24-2011, 06:57 AM
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeerds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! :D

DOOM
08-24-2011, 07:05 AM
:nerd: .....

MOTOWN
08-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Sounds like you found your self a beast! cant go wrong with an i7 processor enjoy!

btvollmuth
08-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeerds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! :D

Lol.......

Bradley G
08-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Yeah I was told if I was going to do serious gaming get an X-box.
The model that they was compared to the 7 was twice the cost.
I don't know what the 3.0 USB is for.
This thing has four USB ports, one would think they would have made one of them a 3.0?

qUOTE=Ozark Marauder;1082888]I like laptops with the 10 key numeric keyboard, read some nice reviews about the screen size and brightness, and excellent battery life, nice choice...for a desktop replacement......Cons, Not good for gaming. Display resolution too small for 1080p. No USB 3.0 ports.......But who cares about those, you did your research, found the one that suits you the best, enjoy and don't second guess yourself, technology moves at warp speed.........[/QUOTE]

Ozark Marauder
08-25-2011, 09:02 AM
Did some more research and this computer does have two USB 3.0 ports, my bad. The Blu-ray player is also a nice touch. Light on graphics, with the Intel HD 3000, but nice on sound. All in all, a very nice laptop for the price.

Super Speed USB 3.0 basically does the following:

Higher transfer rates (up to 4.8Gbps)
Increased maximum bus power and increased device current draw to better accommodate power-hungry devices
New power management features
Full-duplex data transfers and support for new transfer types
New connectors and cables for higher speed data transfer while maintaining backward USB 2.0 compatibility

USB 3.0 opens up the laneways and provides more headroom ( I know TWSS) for devices to deliver a better overall user experience. Where USB video was barely tolerable previously (both from a maximum resolution, latency, and video compression perspective), it's easy to imagine that with 5-10 times the bandwidth available, USB video solutions should work that much better. Single-link DVI requires almost 2Gbps throughput. Where 480Mbps was limiting, 5Gbps is more than promising. With its promised 4.8Gbps speed, the standard will find its way into some products that previously weren't USB territory, like external RAID storage systems. :blah:

oops..Sorry my nerdness :nerd: is showing.....