PDA

View Full Version : Weights

Timw286
08-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Just curious, anyone here into lifting weights/cross fit pt? Anyone have any good routines? I've been at it for a while and getting bored with my daily grind.:sleepy: and my mando military PT. Anyone have anything they'd like to share?

1stMerc
08-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Sounds like you've hit the dreaded "plateau". Hated when that happened. Whens the last time you took a week off?
I used to lift, but working two jobs back then got in the way and it's gotten hard to get back into the routine. Unfortunately, tend to over do it and end up sore the next couple of days. Squatting is the hardest thing to get back into. Just can't tolerate the "burn" like i used to. Got a full gym in the basement and all kinds of books and magazines growing more dust than i got muscles.

Timw286
08-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Yeah that's what my friend said also, taking a week off is good to do; althought I havent done it in 6 months. I have the feeling now like I'm always sore and tired/undermotivated.

quick vic
08-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Im doing the P90x workout and it's alot diffrent then what im use to it keeps me going and I can do it on my time, That is what I like about the workout program does'nt matter how long you have been doing a workout program this is by far the best to keep you wanting to come back for more.. Good Luck in your search.

Timw286
08-26-2011, 11:48 PM
P90 is more focused on getting a more defined figure rather than bulk muscle mass right?

quick vic
08-27-2011, 12:02 AM
Yes it is I use it to get me back to were I was when I quiet lifting ,You are right it is hard to keep on doing the same thing over and over again and it's hard to find a good workout program anymore that works the way you want it to .

Timw286
08-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Yeah I'll look into that, I need to up my cardio/endurance anyway so thanks for the input

napolitano
08-27-2011, 11:11 AM
calisthenics are the way to go. I've been doing this for five years now and people think I can bench a car but you just look strong from pull-ups,push-ups and dips. Some weights are incorporated into a workout, mainly just dumbbells for curls and shoulders. Other than that ask or pm Cwright, he is strong but I look good. Think about it, women don't ask what your bench is, they just care if you look strong. Trust me on that one.

1stMerc
08-27-2011, 11:28 AM
What's your goal?
Motivation, to work out is the hardest "weight" to conquer. You haven't hit a "plateau" (that's when you stop growing). You may be doing to much a session, if you're still getting sore and have been at it awhile and not seeing any gains. Take a week or two off then go back to the basics. Back, chest and legs. Make sure you do strecthing routines before and after you work out. Always take the weekends off from working out.
What's your current break down (days of week) and routine (what you do) and how long have you been training? .

Hate to say it, and you may already know it but if you're going for bulk you don't need more aerobics P90x or any of the work out products (as seen on tv), they are not geared for bulk and will only deminnish your gains and frustrate you , especially if you're a hard gainer and in this "unmotivated" phase. Do whatever you can to get motivated. Once it's gone it is hell to get it back, ask me how i know.

Maybe these will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwli8Q6TSOg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phJN5NyrGO4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOp3TjYGQvo&feature=related

CWright
08-27-2011, 11:52 AM
calisthenics are the way to go. I've been doing this for five years now and people think I can bench a car but you just look strong from pull-ups,push-ups and dips. Some weights are incorporated into a workout, mainly just dumbbells for curls and shoulders. Other than that ask or pm Cwright, he is strong but I look good. Think about it, women don't ask what your bench is, they just care if you look strong. Trust me on that one.

:laugh::lol:

guspech750
08-27-2011, 11:55 AM
How about buying a decent road bike or mountain bike and start racking up some miles?

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Joe Walsh
08-27-2011, 01:07 PM
12, or maybe even 16 oz. curls!!!.....:beer:

RacerX
08-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Thigh Master??? Bow Flex??? Ben Wah balls??? :D

Phrog_gunner
08-27-2011, 04:13 PM
12, or maybe even 16 oz. curls!!!.....:beer:

When you have an EGA on your uniform, that is the only workout ever needed. ;)

Motorhead350
08-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Its the reps not the weight. 45 pound dumb bells do it for me. I can now bench press a set at 200. Keep at it, it'll work.

71cyclone
08-28-2011, 08:47 PM
One rule you may want to keep in mind is the -Lift heavy one out of seven days and rotate your program rule. and cardio two or three days out of the week. This will keep your cuts and stay lean. [Im a semi retired power lifter on the bench now ]

sailsmen
08-29-2011, 05:00 AM
In HS I joined a new gym. Body Building had just become popular.

I had lifted weights at another gym with an Olympic contender as my coach.

I will never forget the look on all these body builders faces when they saw a skinny HS kid out lift them.:lol:

Set your goals, reward your self as you meet them and mix up your routine so it is not a routine.

CBT
08-30-2011, 04:51 AM
How about buying a decent road bike or mountain bike and start racking up some miles?

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Good ol' Joe, always willing to lead servicemen off into the woods for some heavy peddling.

guspech750
08-30-2011, 05:31 AM
Good ol' Joe, always willing to lead servicemen off into the woods for some heavy peddling.

Oh Mr early morning funny man. I see how you roll. :lol:

---
- Sent from my iPhone

RacerX
08-30-2011, 06:03 AM
Good ol' Joe, always willing to lead servicemen off into the woods for some heavy paddling.
I knew he liked canoeing!

Timw286
08-30-2011, 04:58 PM
A lot of good advice, thanks for the tips