Motorhead350
08-31-2011, 11:35 AM
No alcohol, no strippers.

Suggestions please!

MrBluGruv
08-31-2011, 11:41 AM

Suggestions please!

You could always play scrabble. That's family safe right?

On a more serious note, if you aren't gonna do anything that normal people do, you could try a dry (as in alcohol-free) cookout. Some men may be willing to overlook the lack of booze with well-made steaks. Maybe go to a drag strip and race? Have a jam session since you're big on music?

I don't know what you could do that'd be out of the ordinary for you that didn't involve heavier-than-socially-acceptable drinking or strippers...

RacerX
08-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Lawn Darts! Pin the Tail on the Donkey! :D Tell Street Kill Stories!

PurdueRifleman
08-31-2011, 11:58 AM
One of the better ones I've been in was just a bunch of us who went out to eat at a great pizza joint near Louisville then followed it up with a few hours of bowling at one of the local lanes. There was some beer, but no one got drunk. We were all really good friends and just went out for one last good time before the groom-to-be entered the world of monogamy. I think debauchery would've ruined that evening just because most of the groomsmen typically kept things low key.

On the other hand...

The best I was ever in was when a bunch of us went out and hit up a bunch of our favorite watering holes at the alma matter, like we would have done on a typical Friday night as students. We were the a**holes that night.

The common thread between the two was us just doing something we all enjoyed doing one last time before one of us left the group or so to speak. It wasn't anything extravagant, but we all had a good time.

RacerX
08-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Paintball is fun! :)

Da Dark Jedi
08-31-2011, 12:01 PM

Suggestions please!

Your "Best Man" should be doing this, not you. Is there an actual date set?

Papillon
08-31-2011, 12:32 PM

Your "Best Man" should be doing this, not you. Is there an actual date set?

^^^ I agree with both of the above! ^^^

But if you're set on planning it, something other than paint ball, what about a poker night? Real money maybe, chips, order some good pizza. Or go to a comedy club. How about a night at the track if all of your friends are car dudes!? Go to the track and race each other talk smack and eat!?!

There are plenty of options!

DOOM
08-31-2011, 12:44 PM

You can paint mine first!

Motorhead350
08-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Can't go racing, my car might blow up. 2 years ago I wouldn't care because I could get it fixed, now if it goes I'm screwed.

BTW the thing that's weird about this is NOTHING is changing. As far as nights out or stuff like that, I am not losing any freedom at all. Why do ya think I wanna get married to her? hehe.

Music and cars is what I had in mind, but I was looking into something I haven't done before. Paintballing is something I haven't done sense Jr. High, but it sure was fun.

Keep em coming.

BTW the best man knows more about beer than anything.... so I'm not counting on him to plan out my night.

Da Dark Jedi
08-31-2011, 12:55 PM
The answer is what do you (Dom) think is fun, that includes friends and such. That night that will be remembered. So when is the wedding date?

Blackened300a
08-31-2011, 01:08 PM
Come to NY. If you cant have a good time here then something is wrong.

Or go to Vegas.

Papillon
08-31-2011, 01:24 PM
Becky's the best. :hug:

A few other ideas - Fishing. Rent dirt bikes. You can probably rent out a movie theater and watch a movie with snacks and burp & toot with ease :rolleyes: but that might be costly. Ooooh! How about a shooting range?!

If I think of anything else, I'll post up.

Papillon
08-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Come to NY. If you cant have a good time here then something is wrong.

Or go to Vegas.

He said no booze or babes! There's nothing else in Vegas. :rolleyes:

duhtroll
08-31-2011, 01:26 PM
A bachelor party with no alcohol and no strippers?

I don't even drink and that's lame. ;)

If you can't have a good time with a stripper and include your wife in the process, keep shoppin'. :lol:

PonyUP
08-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Best Idea I can think of Dom,

Set up a projector outside at night with a sound system, cookout, eat enormous amounts of grilled food, throw on some movies (maybe car movies) play some music and enjoy the company. All could be done relatively cheap.

Another option, have a guys weekend and go camping

Do a drive in with a bunch of car guys, Maybe on a slow night you could even convince them on a particular movie

Blackened300a
08-31-2011, 01:38 PM
He said no booze or babes! There's nothing else in Vegas. :rolleyes:

Hey there's gambling and more gambling!

No booze and no strippers sounds like the most boring bachelor party ever. :shake:

Shaijack
08-31-2011, 01:39 PM
# 1 Vegas, just go sit at the quicky wedding chapels and watch the other folks.
#2 go help the people up north get their houses back together,
#3 come to New Orleans and put out the swamp fire.
#4 come to the barn and help me clean it out. The horses will love you and remember your happy day.

Blackened300a
08-31-2011, 01:40 PM
#4 come to the barn and help me clean it out. The horses will love you and remember your happy day.

Either that or come to MV9 and help some Amish raise a barn.
http://lancasteronline.com/blogs/flashbacklancaster/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/sn20050327a503.jpg

RacerX
08-31-2011, 01:51 PM
You can paint mine first!
:eek: What'll I do with the other 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds? :D

Motorhead350
08-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Guys I want this to be a day that I'll never forget.

Strippers are a tease. If I pay a woman to do anything sexual she better... do something sexual, not dance around and display what my hot rod won't be going into. Plus I think it's demeaning, but that's just me.

No booze because I'm a non-drinker, always was, always will be. Not saying it makes me better than anyone else, just not an interest of mine. Plus if the night will actually be all about me, I don't want to be anywhere near it... in that case I better leave Chicago for the night hahaha.

Just looking to do something I have never done. Heck, I would go to a hip hop show if I knew of a act in town on the date I am going to have the party on.

Is Ice Cube gonna be around? ;)

Decisions decisions.

Brad, I used to have a projector a few years ago and would watch car movies all the time. It was great!

RacerX
08-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Is Ice Cube gonna be around? ;)
No. But Tea Bag is. :D

bigmerc281
08-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Hookers and cocaine!!!! Haha jk

WhatsUpDOHC
08-31-2011, 03:12 PM

Suggestions please!

Richard Petty Driving Experience (Book a morning at a track)
Do you have indoor Go Karts (fast ones) near by?
Fishing trip
http://www.supercartours.com/
Great Steak Dinner
Rent DVDs of Car movies and get stoopid

Mark

Jimimac43
08-31-2011, 03:21 PM
A bachelor party with no alchohol and no strippers is called a bridal shower!

J-MAN
08-31-2011, 03:59 PM
You need to have activities best suited to those attending. How about a spelling contest?

Big Black Beast
08-31-2011, 04:06 PM
BTW the thing that's weird about this is NOTHING is changing. As far as nights out or stuff like that, I am not losing any freedom at all. Why do ya think I wanna get married to her? hehe.

Lol, that's what you think.

How about taking your pants off and having all your friends (and hers, and her relatives) line up and take turns bashing your balls with a rubber mallet all evening. That should get you set for the coming reality check.:P

GAMike
08-31-2011, 04:14 PM
A bachelor party with no alchohol and no strippers is called a bridal shower!

Honestly Dom, this is the truth...... I'm not big into strippers either, but I used to run a club back in the day. The real good ones, I promise you would change your perception in a heartbeat. True not all are good, but in that business you truelly get what you pay for... Sorry ladies who read this... No disrespect intended.

As far as the drinkin goes, I respect you being a non drinker, but you fly that flag way to hard.......... Not wanting to psycho analyze, but you should pop a few, just to see & loosin up, otherwise you have no basis to opine.....Better to do it while single bubba. Good luck with your plans.

Happy Wife --> Happy Life :beer:

guspech750
08-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Bobbing for used condoms.
Can you guess what's up your Azz.
Spin the dildo.
Checkers
Who's underwear is this
Peanut butter dog races
Twister
Black ops

Take your pic.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Billboard
08-31-2011, 04:21 PM
How about indoor go carts, went to a bachelor party at an indoor track, lots of fun. I did not win, but HP to weight was a factor!

frdwrnch
08-31-2011, 04:47 PM
Not that I condone these activities for a bachelor party but go carts and bowling (not necessarily in that order).

Cobra25
08-31-2011, 05:19 PM
Have you ever thought of "Sky Diving" ? It's something most people havent done, it's exciting & it's something you will always remember .

Motorhead350
08-31-2011, 06:05 PM
Have you ever thought of "Sky Diving" ? It's something most people havent done, it's exciting & it's something you will always remember .

That's something I thought of, but I lack the balls to do it.

High speed go-karting I have done and did about a month ago.

GAMike, if you knew me better you would know that drag racing on a broken engine is a better idea than me having any substances once so ever. I don't need to get into the reasoning, but I will mention the easiest one to understand... substance abuse runs in the family. A Jack and Coke had nothing to do with a mixed drink by my families past.

RacerX
08-31-2011, 06:08 PM

Unless the chute doesn't open! :D

SC Cheesehead
08-31-2011, 06:27 PM
Like a guy down in LA told me last year when I asked him about a party he'd been at, "well, it included a pig, a rooster, and a midget, and that's all I gotta say about that..." ;) -----> :D

CBT
08-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Either that or come to MV9 and help some Amish raise a barn.
http://lancasteronline.com/blogs/flashbacklancaster/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/sn20050327a503.jpg
Note to self: Obtain wicked straw fedora in Hershey, pimp that **** like a boss.

MyBlackBeasts
08-31-2011, 06:33 PM
Take all the guys to the track of your choice for the day. Drag strip, stock car, what ever. Plenty of fun, food and beverages of choice!

Cobra25
08-31-2011, 07:15 PM
Go rent out a Charter Boat and Go "Deep Sea Fishing". Or their are a few places you can rent out a "Submarine" for a few hours, that would be different.

guspech750
08-31-2011, 07:16 PM
How about just sitting around in some underroos and tickle one another :lol:

---
- Sent from my iPhone

CBT
08-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Walking food tour. They have one here in Norfolk, AWESOME. They are bound to have one in Chicago, it's about 80 times bigger than Norfolk. When Amy's folks came down from Orland a couple months back we went on one, it was a great time, great walk, great food.

justbob
09-01-2011, 04:35 AM

Suggestions please!

You just rulled out the two ingredients to a successful bachelor party! Fail on you.

The morning after mine, I woke up laying across 5 or 6 steel folding chairs, met someone new, tripped over a couple friends and had to explain why the carpet was soaked to the wife.. (stripper brought water guns and did something really cool or quite disturbing depending on how you view it)

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

Jimimac43
09-01-2011, 04:52 AM
I don't condone drinking till you puke altho I've been there in my young and dumb days. For those that drink 1 or 2 is fine. Dom since you don't drink that is perfect, You become the all star designated driver. whatever you decide enjoy the occasion. Just a little wisdom my father shared with me...... He said get 2 gallon jars , fill one with dried beans. everytime you get lucky move a bean from the full one to the empty one, you will transfer all the beans from one to the other the first year. it will take you the rest of your life to put them back!!!!! I've been married 4 times if you count that incident in Mexico and dang if it aint true......LOL.

guspech750
09-01-2011, 06:35 AM
How about just sitting around and French kissing each other Dom?

---
- Sent from my iPhone

duhtroll
09-01-2011, 06:48 AM
Guys, strippers aren't for men.

They are for the women you bring with you to the club.

Bring two women, hand them $100 in singles, and sit back and enjoy the show. If you're lucky (and if the women you brought are hot enough), the other guys at the club will spot you everything after the first $10 you spend.

Or, hand them $500 in 20s and spend the night in the VIP room *really* enjoying the show.

...or so I have heard.

RacerX
09-01-2011, 08:14 AM
Guys, strippers aren't for men.

They are for the women you bring with you to the club.

Bring two women, hand them $100 in singles, and sit back and enjoy the show. If you're lucky (and if the women you brought are hot enough), the other guys at the club will spot you everything after the first $10 you spend.

Or, hand them $500 in 20s and spend the night in the VIP room *really* enjoying the show.

...or so I have heard.
You know... Got a big fail on this one myself. Went to a strip club years ago with my wife and her friends. It looked to be a fun night... Cover charge at the door $$$, ok, expected, $7.00 draft skank beer, mmm, pushing it, sit down, get comfy, having fun chatting, first dance... mmmm, ok, amateur night? ok... second dance... WHAT THE HOLY??? Uhhhh 8+ month pregnant stripper??? Woah, time to go!!! :mad2:

tbone
09-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Adrian and Barney can come over and do some exotic dancing.

RacerX
09-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Non-alcoholic beer, Shirley Temples and belly dancers!!! WooHoo!!! PARTY!!! :D

massacre
09-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Well I was going to recommend the Go-Kart idea. I recently arranged one for my best friend, as his best man. Near us, we have a really nice facility and we rented the entire track. That way, you're not racing a bunch of random people, but you & you are friends are all racing each other. At this facility, they track your times/speeds and what place you finish in, and print them out and hand them to you after the races. It was really cool, all different types of guys: computer geeks, car guys, etc. and EVERYONE had a wicked good time. It was fun to see that everyone got better as the races progressed.
We did drink a little bit afterwards when we went out to eat, but nothing for me since l was the designated driver. I think I had one beer.

Here is the place, IDK if you guys have something similar to this or not:
http://f1boston.reachlocal.com/coupon/?scid=2140883&cid=858255&tc=11090108302784668&rl_key=75f7d6e704d3e63783eb77c a68e10a3e&kw=7395373&dynamic_proxy=1&primary_serv=f1boston2.reachlo cal.net&pub_cr_id=9934572583

slickster
09-01-2011, 11:29 AM
How about I show up but naked with a cowboy hat and some flip flops and some green tea

Motorhead350
09-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I am still up in the air. Might just go to stand up comedy or go on a shopping spree at a record store alone with my change.

Shaijack
09-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Dom try Mardi Gras. Everyone can have a good time...

Motorhead350
09-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Might drive to The Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame and stay as long as I want. Not having to leave when "someone" feels like it. We will see.

GAMike
09-01-2011, 05:11 PM
GAMike, if you knew me better you would know that drag racing on a broken engine is a better idea than me having any substances once so ever. I don't need to get into the reasoning, but I will mention the easiest one to understand... substance abuse runs in the family. A Jack and Coke had nothing to do with a mixed drink by my families past.

No worries Dom.... I know you could be the exception to your families history. You have the intestinal fortitude to cut against the grain here all the time, staying within your limits while still trying something new to you would be easy.

While you have experienced the negative/unfortunate side of adult beverages, it does not mean you should have fobia's about having a drink your two..... I know its a personal choice and I respect yours, but with you being so vigilantly "straight edge" I just think thats a mask over a fear where your concerned..... The best time to get over that fear is in the company of your closest friends. Then at least you can really say........ "Its not for me". One and done.......

Just one persons opinion who does not think you are as complicated, as you try to be:o.

No worries either way. I still have high hopes for you and Becky:burnout:

PonyUP
09-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Might drive to The Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame and stay as long as I want. Not having to leave when "someone" feels like it. We will see.

Dom, I figured it out, try Whirly ball. Is a cross between basketball and La Crosse, but your doing it in bumper cars. It's actually a lot of fun.

Motorhead350
09-01-2011, 10:34 PM
You're still not getting it Mike. Substance abuse runs in the family. From aunt being drug dealers to alcoholic great grand fathers comitting murder. To someone else not drinking for months then renting a hotel to drink 3 days straight alone and doing this twice a year. Experimenting is not an option. It will ruin my life as it has with others. I am not trying a thing dude. Its my life and I have heard too many "poor me" stories from people of all ages who have gone from experimenting to deveopling a habbit that forever changed their life. Plus those who quit never lose the desire to go back. That's why 80 percent of people who go to rehab fail.

Bottom line is its best for me to never find out what I have been missing.

Any other suggestions besides F-ing my life up would be great.

No worries Dom.... I know you could be the exception to your families history. You have the intestinal fortitude to cut against the grain here all the time, staying within your limits while still trying something new to you would be easy.

While you have experienced the negative/unfortunate side of adult beverages, it does not mean you should have fobia's about having a drink your two..... I know its a personal choice and I respect yours, but with you being so vigilantly "straight edge" I just think thats a mask over a fear where your concerned..... The best time to get over that fear is in the company of your closest friends. Then at least you can really say........ "Its not for me". One and done.......

Just one persons opinion who does not think you are as complicated, as you try to be:o.

No worries either way. I still have high hopes for you and Becky:burnout:

Jimimac43
09-02-2011, 03:40 AM
Didn't know the history,,,, good for you Dom. My closest friend has done the same thing. his family history of is similar and he made it clear that he doesn't drink or smoke. stay strong dude. He's my age and has held true for decades.

Cobra25
09-02-2011, 07:46 AM
I glad to hear you know whats best for you. What ever you do for your party Just have a good time with your friends.

GAMike
09-02-2011, 11:26 AM
You're still not getting it Mike. Substance abuse runs in the family. From aunt being drug dealers to alcoholic great grand fathers comitting murder. To someone else not drinking for months then renting a hotel to drink 3 days straight alone and doing this twice a year. Experimenting is not an option. It will ruin my life as it has with others. I am not trying a thing dude. Its my life and I have heard too many "poor me" stories from people of all ages who have gone from experimenting to deveopling a habbit that forever changed their life. Plus those who quit never lose the desire to go back. That's why 80 percent of people who go to rehab fail.

Dom......... You are not understanding the flip side either... You think you do, but you don't, but thats ok. We all choose our paths in life, and we are all responsible for our behaviours as adults. Yours is not a unique situation. You believe you are predisposed to certain behaviours if you have a drink based on how others in your family have behaved while using. If thats what you truely feel, I can appreciate that, but beleive it more a social crutch for abusers/ people with weak personal responsibility issues to fall back on, than anything else.

Avoidance is a great strategy for removing risk, but you cannot pontificate from a soapbox on subjects you have zero personal experience with is all I am saying.

Again, it will not upset me one bit if you never have a cocktail. I was merely saying the above, and that you would be among friends, who if I am wrong with regards to predisposition, would keep you out of harms way.....

No need for further explanation. Again, I understand and wish you well regardless.