PDA

View Full Version : Worst Jobs

SHERIFF
01-16-2004, 02:45 PM
1) actor.......

Japanese actor Hiroyuki Sanada admitted the unthinkable on Thursday: He came within an inch of accidentally beheading Tom Cruise during filming of "The Last Samurai," reports The Washington Post.

The frightening incident occurred during a scene in which a mechanical horse Cruise was riding failed to fall down as planned. Sanada was using a real sword and swung at Cruise as he was supposed to do. But the horse didn't fall, which left Cruise sitting upright--and in the path of the sharp sword. "Tom's neck was right in front of me, and I tried to stop swinging my sword, but it was hard to control with one hand," Sanada told reporters in his native Japanese while promoting the movie in Taiwan. "The film crew watching from the side all screamed because they thought Tom's head would fly off." Fortunately, tragedy was averted.

Donny Carlson
01-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Fortunately, tragedy was averted.Pity.

**Two situations wherein being told "too short" is annoying --

1) When trying to post.

2) When dropping trou.

** Try posting a reply of less than 10 caracters and you'll get this

jfclancy
01-16-2004, 03:49 PM
Pity.

**Two situations wherein being told "too short" is annoying --

1) When trying to post.

2) When dropping trou.

** Try posting a reply of less than 10 caracters and you'll get this :rolleyes:

Well I guess we sre to assume Tom was not paying attention, I mean someone swinging a real sword in my direction gets ALL of my attention!

Joe Clancy

Ross
01-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Reminds me of training my infantry troops in bayonet fighting. I used to get someone else to "choreograph" a fake bayonet fight with me as a demonstration for the troops. My opponent would use an American rifle and bayonet, and I would use a Commie rifle and bayonet. Opponent would fight in American style and I would fight in Commie style, to show how it's possible to lose a bayonet fight to the bad guys if you're not careful. We would always put in a move where my opponent would slash at my neck with a bare bladed bayonet, requiring me to duck and spin, stabbing my opponent in the back.
One day, my opponent must have had too much coffee, and went a lot faster than I was expecting, and I came close to being the late Lt. Asher. Ahh, to be young and bullet proof again!