PDA

View Full Version : Man, I LOVE orange juice!!

Donny Carlson
01-16-2004, 08:47 PM
Yup. And if I could figure out how to delete this thread, I would.:)

RCSignals
01-16-2004, 11:46 PM
I like orange juice too. Especially if it's made from oranges :)

TooManyFords
01-17-2004, 06:23 AM
But it has to be made from the orange oranges, not the -other- color oranges...
:D

paheff
01-17-2004, 07:03 AM
:) The absolute best though, comes from free range oranges.

Slowpoke
01-17-2004, 07:57 AM
i find that by mixing organge juice half and half with water, i like it better; my wife grew up raised by her old-fashioned British parents who did this during WWII to conserve; she started feeding it to me this way and i liked it.

of course, i would prefer OJ + Vodka.

just 2 pennies from here in snowy chicago where it is snowing, my wife is in miami and the nanny is not due for another hour.....

TripleTransAm
01-17-2004, 08:36 AM
Personally, I prefer the full synthetic kind of orange. Up here in Montreal, we need oranges that offer enough viscosity both in our hot summers and our cold winters. Our oranges sometimes have to go a full 5000 miles.

Petrograde
01-17-2004, 08:42 AM
[QUOTE=Slowpoke]of course, i would prefer OJ + Vodka.

How 'bout OJ + tequila?! yummmmm! :D

Tom

Silver_04
01-17-2004, 09:44 AM
Now is this any kind of orange juice or juice made from oranges? :D I like orange soda. Where's an Orange Julius when you need it?

Yeah, what happened to the delete thread option?

SHERIFF
01-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Silver 04, did you create the gif in your signature? Reason I ask.... I see it being used by another person in another forum now. :confused:

Silver_04
01-17-2004, 03:27 PM
Silver 04, did you create the gif in your signature? Reason I ask.... I see it being used by another person in another forum now. :confused:

Yep, created it all by myself. Figured it was a matter of time before that happened. Don't mind really as long as others don't take creation credit.
Bloody thieves. If you don't mind PM me the location.

CRUZTAKER
01-17-2004, 03:42 PM
I like oranges....whole, unsqueezed, right off the tree in the neighbor's yard!

......in Bradenton, 1180 miles south, 70 degrees warmer, where the only frost is in my freezer....oh hell, I forgot to turn off the fridge!!

See what you started, now I gotta book a flight to Fla. immediately, my electric bill is gonna be....:censor:

SHERIFF
01-17-2004, 04:48 PM
Yep, created it all by myself. Figured it was a matter of time before that happened. Don't mind really as long as others don't take creation credit.
Bloody thieves. If you don't mind PM me the location.

Ahhh....... probably my mistake. Looks like the person I thought was using it.... is actually simply linking to your images of the Florida Highway Patrol Marauders on your host site...

This link below is yours?????

http://home.earthlink.net/~ctt9/images

Silver_04
01-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Yep, that be my linky. No OJ pics there-sorry.

Donny Carlson
01-17-2004, 05:37 PM
This was a complete throw away thread because I couldn't find the "delete" button like before Logan's upgrade. Sheesh. It's gotten more replies and looks than other threads I've started, and I CARED about those!!

All I need is srgntMac to reply, and my head WILL explode.

In case you are wondering, yes, I do love orange juice. My passion for that drink, however, was not the motivation for this thread. I came across a link to a video on the Dreamworks SKG web site (yes, Speilburg, et al) of a commercial that plays in the background in the new movie "Eurotrip." It is an orange juice commercial. I posted a link with the following warning/observations:

1) Be advised this video may offend some people, so think twice before watching it in front of your spouse, girlfriend, boss, teacher, parent, librarian, etc.

2) The Donny Picture Association of America (DPAA) gives this an "R" rating. Ain't nothing you don't see on Skinemax after 10 PM.

3) It's in Apple Quicktime. There are other versions available (realvideo, Windows Media) but those suck, so I only offer Quicktime.

3) A day without orange juice is like a day without sunshine.

Now, since inevitably somebody would click on the link even with fair warning and wind up getting their panties in a wad, I won't post the link. You want it, PM me and I'll give it to you.:cool4:

Donny

TAF
01-17-2004, 07:53 PM
Now, since inevitably somebody would click on the link even with fair warning and wind up getting their panties in a wad, I won't post the link. You want it, PM me and I'll give it to you.:cool4:

DonnyI don't want it....

However...if you could just send over the girl on the left ;) :help:

Donny Carlson
01-17-2004, 07:58 PM
However...if you could just send over the girl on the left ;) :help:Well, the brand name IS "Happy Juice":banana:

I forgot that at least 16 people looked at the post last night before
I edited it. :P

Petrograde
01-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Well, the brand name IS "Happy Juice":banana:
:P
Thanks man! I miss Europe! :D

Tom

woaface
01-17-2004, 08:54 PM
I can't believe 17 replys came out of that... :lol: :baaa:

martyo
01-17-2004, 09:01 PM
I feel left out. Will someone please send me the linky?

martyo
01-17-2004, 09:35 PM
Kind of makes ya hate U.S. censorship policies!

:D

Bigdogjim
01-17-2004, 10:45 PM
OK! I am old enough? Would some one send me the link. (please) thanks :bounce: :bounce:

Bigdogjim
01-17-2004, 11:00 PM
Yup. And if I could figure out how to delete this thread, I would.:)

When you click edit you can delete the post!

:P :rolleyes: :confused:

RCSignals
01-18-2004, 03:01 AM
Personally, I prefer the full synthetic kind of orange. Up here in Montreal, we need oranges that offer enough viscosity both in our hot summers and our cold winters. Our oranges sometimes have to go a full 5000 miles.

Uh oh I hope RF doesn't see this :P

Donny Carlson
01-18-2004, 02:36 PM
When you click edit you can delete the post!

:P :rolleyes: :confused:
The "delete" button was missing. Also, after a day, you can't edit the post, because the "edit" button disappears.

SergntMac
01-18-2004, 04:51 PM
This was a complete throw away thread because I couldn't find the "delete" button like before Logan's upgrade. Sheesh. It's gotten more replies and looks than other threads I've started, and I CARED about those!
Yeah, but we didn't.

3) It's in Apple Quicktime. There are other versions available (realvideo, Windows Media) but those suck, so I only offer Quicktime.
Figures...Need an apple to show an orange...

All I need is srgntMac to reply, and my head WILL explode.
Okayokay hold on a sec, lemme get my popcorn out of the microwave...

Okay, go...

Donny Carlson
01-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Yeah, but we didn't.
Ouch!

That's what I get for posting the joke about kilts.

Bigdogjim
01-18-2004, 07:13 PM
See thats why you start the day with OJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):)

TripleTransAm
01-18-2004, 07:49 PM
See thats why you start the day with OJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):)

That's not what his wife would have said, bloody glove or not...

junehhan
01-19-2004, 04:39 PM
If you really have a passion for orange juice, you should head to the closest Korean Grocery store you have in your area, and pick up some orange juice imported from Korea if you like pulpy orange juices. It comes in little cans, and comes in 12 packs. It's called Sac-Sac and is made by the Lotte Chilsung beverage company in Korea.

Donny Carlson
01-19-2004, 05:44 PM
If you really have a passion for orange juice, you should head to the closest Korean Grocery store you have in your area, and pick up some orange juice imported from Korea if you like pulpy orange juices. It comes in little cans, and comes in 12 packs. It's called Sac-Sac and is made by the Lotte Chilsung beverage company in Korea.
Sac-Sac?

They gotta really have a great commercial to beat Happy Juice.:bandit:

junehhan
01-19-2004, 05:57 PM
I'm afraid that it's not advertised or marketed here in the US. They are sold at Korean Grocery stores though, and you just kinda have to know it exists. Heck, i've got a case of it sitting in my closet right now which i'll probably stick into the Fridge to chill when my current refrigerated supply dwindles.............

CRUZTAKER
01-19-2004, 06:24 PM
With the DSL line at the hotel, I accomplished three things:

1. I finally downloaded that big a$$ 10meg 'apple quick time player'...2.5 minutes:rock:

2. I now have a new respect for orange juice...2 new respects;)

SHERIFF
01-19-2004, 06:30 PM
It's time for the truth about Orange Juice to come out....

1) - the criminal jury found him not guilty of all charges!

2) - the second trial, a civil jury, totally reversed the verdict of the first jury, in my humble opinion. Made a total mockery of the system we have tried to perfect for hundreds of years.

3) - 80% of the orange juice that is sold in Austria and Germany come from Brazil. Poverty forces children and juveniles to look for work on the orange plantations. Their income is often necessary for the survival of their families. Because of the unjust distribution of goods, unemployment among adults and extremely poor wages cause poverty; this is the basis for child labour.

According to the accounting of the rich, working children offer many advantages. Their work is much cheaper than that of adults, they are controllable and cannot fight back. No one knows for sure how many children and juveniles work. The unions think that every third seasonal worker is below 14 years old.

Around 5 o'clock in the morning the workers begin their day, taking a bus in order to go to the orange plantation. Sometimes it is 8 o clock in the evening before they return home.

The work of the orange pickers is very dangerous. They are standing on top of high, shaky ladders carrying bags on their shoulders that weigh up to 25 kilograms. For up to 10 hours a day they are handling oranges in the thorny bushes. These fruits have been treated from their Blossoming until the time of ripening of the fruit with dangerous pesticides several times. But the orange collectors have also to be aware of snakes, aggressive bees and wasps.

Next to insect bites and poisonings, bone fractures are very common due to accidents on the ladders. Eye damage, inflammations from the scratches of thorns, and damage to the vertebrae from the carrying of heavy loads, in addition to stomach infections due to lack of hygienic conditions on the plantations and the unhealthy working conditions all afflict the workers.

Donny Carlson
01-19-2004, 06:49 PM
The OJ in this thread is the beverage, not the athlete.

I don't know the source of the OJ used to make Happy Juice, except from what I see from the commercial, you >could< put an eye out with those things!;)

junehhan
01-19-2004, 07:06 PM
Maybe at the next Marauder meeting that I have a chance to attend, i'll bring a case of this stuff and share it with the crowd!

Bigdogjim
01-19-2004, 07:07 PM
With the DSL line at the hotel, I accomplished three things:

1. I finally downloaded that big a$$ 10meg 'apple quick time player'...2.5 minutes:rock:

2. I now have a new respect for orange juice...2 new respects;)

Hey its more like four things you respect more:) Breakfast is not like that at my house :shake:

Donny Carlson
01-19-2004, 07:09 PM
Maybe at the next Marauder meeting that I have a chance to attend, i'll bring a case of this stuff and share it with the crowd!
Please do!:D