PDA

View Full Version : Can I remove my flags?

gdsqdcr
09-28-2011, 06:58 AM
I do not want to support this site anymore. We have forum rules that are continually violated by the same individual, yet the moderators do NOTHING to prevent it and stop it. By doing so, I believe that they support it, and I don't want to belong to such a site. Yes, I will continue to read the information off of this site, but no support will I provide. I want my flags REMOVED.

Why do I want this you ask?

Dom, continually posts illegal activities that he takes part in; however, our forum rules state you will not post any messages that violate the law.

I am referring to his latest 'issue' with smog and having a shop forge papers that he paid for work to be done.

Dom now posts racial comments in his sig for the world to see, but our forum rules state that you will not post any messages that are ... hateful ... race/racism ...

His sig now includes a reference to the KKK and lists members that are part of the clan.

I cannot tolerate or accept this apparent acceptance from the moderators and this site. This site has REMOVED other members permanently for far less, yet DOM stays. He doesn't even support the site anymore. Why should I?

Anthony

RacerX
09-28-2011, 07:23 AM
Give it a chance. I know we're not moderated 100% of the time. I am on your side with Dom's sig that can get people shot in some parts of this country.

rayjay
09-28-2011, 07:34 AM
After reading your post I went and looked at his sig. I agree thats in poor taste Dominick... :rolleyes: Put him on your ignore list.

knine
09-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Being a police officer, I cannot, in good faith support an organization that allows (non-paying / supporting) members to post illegal activities and most recently, and most offensivly, call several (paying / supporting) members "Clan Members" of the KKK. I have several black friends and can personally attest to the suffering they have received delt from the hand of ignorant people like this.

The forum rules specifically say "By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. This following topics are not allowed on this message board and will be removed if posted: Religion, politics, race/racism, abortion, highly sensitive or controversial subjects that incites arguments, promotion of illegal drugs or illegal activity, software piracy, material which is exceedingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, extremely sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate any law, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any form of solicitation unless authorized and approved by the owners beforehand."

The mods seem fine with this behavior from Dom, therefore, I will no longer financially support this site.

MERCMAN
09-28-2011, 07:47 AM
The situation and the offender have been dealt with

Cheeseheadbob
09-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Although I do not own a Marauder anymore, I still hang around and shoot the shinola on this site. I have contributed quite heavily to this site monetarily over the years, and have benefited greatly as well. Unfortunately, my time and money are done here. How one individual can be allowed to constantly create 300 mph ***** storms on a whim, and still be able to post, is a mystery to me. I just usually ignore the dick, but this last session of nonsense with the KKK thing is beyond the pale. Mods, time to choose.

fastblackmerc
09-28-2011, 08:00 AM

Gone for good I hope.

slickster
09-28-2011, 08:03 AM
Gone for good I hope.

There should not be another way

Haggis
09-28-2011, 08:03 AM
Account is closed and his check finally bounced.

SID210SA
09-28-2011, 08:06 AM
I believe, intentional or not ( I lean towards intentional ), it was in very bad taste, This has gone on long enough and I for one am glad he is now banned....please do not allow him back no matter how much he promises to be good, because it will hapen again as it has before......lock the door and throw away the key!!

Mike

RoyLPita
09-28-2011, 08:11 AM

Is this official or just another little vacation?

Cheeseheadbob
09-28-2011, 08:13 AM
Too little, too late.

MM2004
09-28-2011, 08:16 AM
Click here -> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74220

Mike.

Ozark Marauder
09-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Being somewhat new to the site, and being a supporter, I agree that his posts were rules violations. Thanks to the moderators for taking action...........

fastblackmerc
09-28-2011, 08:21 AM
I believe, intentional or not ( I lean towards intentional ), it was in very bad taste, This has gone on long enough and I for one am glad he is now banned....please do not allow him back no matter how much he promises to be good, because it will hapen again as it has before......lock the door and throw away the key!!

Mike

I agree!!!!!!!!!

MERCMAN
09-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Because of his accusations of racism to members and previous gross infractions, Dom will NOT be back. Racism is something that will NOT be tolerated on this site. His sig has been altered and our apologies to those whom he has offended.

knine
09-28-2011, 08:33 AM
Because of his accusations of racism to members and previous gross infractions, Dom will NOT be back. Racism is something that will NOT be tolerated on this site. His sig has been altered and our apologies to those whom he has offended.
Thank-you.

dakslim
09-28-2011, 08:34 AM
I, like another member had in his sig, did not read his posts anymore. Dom is an immature spoiled little boy and am glad he is banned, hopefully, for life.

CBT
09-28-2011, 08:48 AM

He can fly?!?! :eek:

Ms. Denmark
09-28-2011, 09:03 AM
The situation and the offender have been dealt with I take absolutely no pleasure in saying "I told you so" for almost as long as I've been here to many, many people.

Click here -> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74220

Mike. Sad but necessary. Thanks

Phrog_gunner
09-28-2011, 09:15 AM

Very much appreciated.

jimlam56
09-28-2011, 09:34 AM
Good riddance.

Joe Walsh
09-28-2011, 09:43 AM
WOW!

Looks like I missed all the fun.

BTW: To the OP.....Dom was one of the main reasons why I stopped contributing to the site as well.

Haggis
09-28-2011, 09:56 AM
WOW!

Looks like I'll miss my best friend, first Aren Jay and now Dom.

BTW: Dom was one of the main reasons why I continued coming to the site day after day. Now where will I go for the endless threads about nothing that matter to anyone, but Dom and I?

Tell us how you really feel Joe?

SC Cheesehead
09-28-2011, 10:24 AM
WOW!

Looks like I missed all the fun.

BTW: Dom was one of the main reasons why I stopped contibuting to the site as well.

Looks Like I missed it, too.

Dom can be a great guy, but he always seemed bent on pushing the envelope.

I hate to see anyone banned because we're all family here, but rules is rules, and it looks like Dom went out of bounds big-time this time.

The "rebel without a cause" went out of style long ago, maybe some day Dom will come to realize that.

massacre
09-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Meh.
I had my issues with Dom, we ended up working them out, again he seemed like he was a good guy but had a strange point to prove.
And no one really seemed to care about the point he was trying to prove, which made him try to prove it even more, and ............

I wish him well, it seems his personality was not a good fit for all involved, hope someday he finds a place to fit in.

Vortex
09-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Im sure when he grows up he will be a decent guy; til then let him join Aren J on the long walk.

prchrman
09-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Dom more than once insulted several things that are near and dear to me but I cannot help but feel for Dom and wish him the best.

RoyLPita
09-28-2011, 10:41 AM
The thread below showed me how off the deep end he went:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73305

CWright
09-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Mods, thank you!

beantown mm
09-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Gained a Bazzle this week and lost a Motorhead - A GREAT TRADE I SAY !!

Hey Hey Hey, GOODBYE ! he won't be missed AT ALL......

MMBLUE
09-28-2011, 12:34 PM
I must admit, Dom definately pushed the limits of the Mods nerves on more than one occasion. I can think of one past member that got banned for a lot less. Although, I will miss his antics.

duhtroll
09-28-2011, 12:46 PM
I just refi-ed my house at 3.75%, just helped a friend settle her divorce where she finally got to reclaim money stolen from her, and now this.

I am buying lottery tix on the way home.

Ms. Denmark
09-28-2011, 12:52 PM
..... had a strange point to prove.
And no one really seemed to care about the point he was trying to prove, which made him try to prove it even more, and ............

I wish him well, it seems his personality was not a good fit for all involved, hope someday he finds a place to fit in.
Just about exactly how I feel. Extremely well put!

gdsqdcr
09-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Mods

Thank you for your service and ... resolving the issue.

I will keep my flags at this time.

Anthony

cougar9150
09-28-2011, 01:24 PM
While Dom regularly pushed the limit if not blatantly crossed it on numerous occasions I like the guy alot and found him entertaining most of the time. The thing is rules are rules and should be enforced but on more than one occasion all I could do is shake my head and move onto the next thread without feeding into it.

This is the same thing I do when I see these political threads popping up regularly. Just as Logan's sticky states they were supposed to be limited but everyday I log in to find yet another on thie forum that's supposed to be about cars.

Me personally I don't care about people's political beliefs as I'm here for what we all have in common. The love of our Marauders.

I definitely don't want them on a site where I go to read about cars and it gets very old seeing them here all of the time. I think in general the forums rules should be enforced a bit better than they currently are and if you want to discuss politics go join a political forum and not a use a car forum for your soapbox.

The way I look at it is one time a warning, next time a short vacation, then a permanent smack down with the ban hammer. I see it with numerous members who regularly make comments with racial undertones or are just blatantly racist (by racist I'm talking about comments about ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual preference, political affiliation, etc... and no I don't mean DTR jokes). I believe most people here have good intentions and really don't mean anything by it but some regularly make comments that make my blood boil. IMO these people/situations should be dealt with in the same way.

Just my two cents.

MrBluGruv
09-28-2011, 01:30 PM
I just refi-ed my house at 3.75%, just helped a friend settle her divorce where she finally got to reclaim money stolen from her, and now this.

^Post of the day nominee.

In other news, since we will no longer have regular posts of trolling (no pun intended, duhtroll :P ), here is a good source if anyone ever feels nostalgic in Dom's absence.

Ladies and gentlemen, TROLOLO:

2Z4m4lnjxkY

Phrog_gunner
09-28-2011, 01:53 PM

That bastage stole my [head dance] :(

RoyLPita
09-28-2011, 01:56 PM

Good One!!!! :lol:

At least the thread count will be lower unless someone else here takes his place.

J-MAN
09-28-2011, 02:40 PM

That guys been at every wedding reception I've ever been to. Was that a dead muskrat on his head?

mcgyver59
09-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Lol all the girls who claim to be the men in this thread

ctrlraven
09-28-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm sure he is viewing everything being said from his woman's account on here.

Thank you mods for getting rid of him finally and to the OP for speaking up!

sailsmen
09-28-2011, 03:47 PM
My "ignore list" is now very lonely.

knine
09-28-2011, 04:27 PM
It feels as though we're at a funeral. That being said:

Meh.
I had my issues with Dom, we ended up working them out, again he seemed like he was a good guy but had a strange point to prove.

I think this quote fits it best for me because no matter how hard I tried to get along with this guy, he always had to take it to the next level, verbally attacking anyone who even disagreed with him, but I tried to hang in there. He could dish it out, but not take it. If you even cracked a joke at him you were the receipient of repeated public verbal assualts and implied threats. I responded by simply not responding to him. I would not post in any of his pointless threads or respond to his attacks. I did not wish to feed the fire. As a manager I know that if one of my people get in trouble it is because I failed them. It is my job to monitor the behavior and keep it in check, which is why I was so disappointed to see it go unchecked here. If something offended me I would pass it on to a Mod only to see the behavior continue to go unchecked, and like a text book case of compulsive behavior I could see it escalate. This disappointed me so much that I almost pulled out of this site on several occasions.

The last straw for me trying to be friendly to him was Louisville 2010 when, after a long conversation about needing to be "responsible" and "grow up" I told him I'd give him another chance and he could organize the return trip for the Chicago group. He agreed and said he would be in the lobby at 9am. At 10am, after several calls to his room, he was still sleeping. After that I simply refused to post or reply to anything he said and as a bystander I could see him getting worse and spinning out of control.

I witnessed many attempts to help him with people's advise to which he'd attack them, call them names, etc, so it was really no suprise to see his final, blatant act to which there was no recovery. There is a line you don't cross in any public setting and he crossed it at 100 MPH after swerving from lane to lane running other posters off the road before reaching the "finished" line.

We all have bad days, we've all done stupid stuff, but pull back when we're called on the spot (especially by a Mod). Dom was given that chance and was asked to remove his offensive comments. He refused. He got them because I seen him signed in and reading the thread it was posted in as he was listed at the bottom of the page as viewing the thread. A good time later action had to be taken and was, thank-you for that.

It is because of his very obvious sprial that I too quit coming to this site, I didn't need to see the train wreck or need the drama, I have to put up with that at work 40+ a week. Most know by now that I am a 24 year police officer and I couldn't stand to see his blatant disregard for laws that the rest of us have to follow and I have to enforce. It was an affront to me as a person and a professional. I refused to go to events because I didn't want to be witness to his antics (massive burn-outs, getting stopped by the cops, etc) because I know how cops react, they go after the group and I just didn't want to be in that mess as it unfolded (as it did and could be read here).

As the saying goes "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". I do not wish anyone well after being thrashed with the very olive branch that I extended in an attempt to guide this troubled youth, I only wish them a good day.

I don't do funerals.

E.

SID210SA
09-28-2011, 04:29 PM

In other news, since we will no longer have regular posts of trolling (no pun intended, duhtroll :P ), here is a good source if anyone ever feels nostalgic in Dom's absence.

2Z4m4lnjxkY

That has got to be the worst lip sinque I have ever seen!!

sailsmen
09-28-2011, 04:37 PM
He was in a very unique club, the only person I ever asked the admins to ban. I did so after he spoke in detail about murdering people and that his friends attested that he was capable of doing it.

SID210SA
09-28-2011, 04:45 PM

I think this quote fits it best for me because no matter how hard I tried to get along with this guy, he always had to take it to the next level, verbally attacking anyone who even disagreed with him, but I tried to hang in there. He could dish it out, but not take it. If you even cracked a joke at him you were the receipient of repeated public verbal assualts and implied threats. I responded by simply not responding to him. I would not post in any of his pointless threads or respond to his attacks. I did not wish to feed the fire. As a manager I know that if one of my people get in trouble it is because I failed them. It is my job to monitor the behavior and keep it in check, which is why I was so disappointed to see it go unchecked here. If something offended me I would pass it on to a Mod only to see the behavior continue to go unchecked, and like a text book case of compulsive behavior I could see it escalate. This disappointed me so much that I almost pulled out of this site on several occasions.

The last straw for me trying to be friendly to him was Louisville 2010 when, after a long conversation about needing to be "responsible" and "grow up" I told him I'd give him another chance and he could organize the return trip for the Chicago group. He agreed and said he would be in the lobby at 9am. At 10am, after several calls to his room, he was still sleeping. After that I simply refused to post or reply to anything he said and as a bystander I could see him getting worse and spinning out of control.

I witnessed many attempts to help him with people's advise to which he'd attack them, call them names, etc, so it was really no suprise to see his final, blatant act to which there was no recovery. There is a line you don't cross in any public setting and he crossed it at 100 MPH after swerving from lane to lane running other posters off the road before reaching the "finished" line.

We all have bad days, we've all done stupid stuff, but pull back when we're called on the spot (especially by a Mod). Dom was given that chance and was asked to remove his offensive comments. He refused. He got them because I seen him signed in and reading the thread it was posted in as he was listed at the bottom of the page as viewing the thread. A good time later action had to be taken and was, thank-you for that.

It is because of his very obvious sprial that I too quit coming to this site, I didn't need to see the train wreck or need the drama, I have to put up with that at work 40+ a week. Most know by now that I am a 24 year police officer and I couldn't stand to see his blatant disregard for laws that the rest of us have to follow and I have to enforce. It was an affront to me as a person and a professional. I refused to go to events because I didn't want to be witness to his antics (massive burn-outs, getting stopped by the cops, etc) because I know how cops react, they go after the group and I just didn't want to be in that mess as it unfolded (as it did and could be read here).

As the saying goes "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me". I do not wish anyone well after being thrashed with the very olive branch that I extended in an attempt to guide this troubled youth, I only wish them a good day.

I don't do funerals.

E.

I dont really see it as a funeral....more of a final roast, with a few people that may have had a good relationship with Dom (those that feel bad that he got kicked) I have only posted in his threads a few times and never really had any problems with him....but I too shook my head at alot of the stuff he posted about.

Glad he is gone...time for this train to get back on track....

ntd
09-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Good residence to the one and only person Ive put on the ignore list. My only question is what took so long:D, pointless post after ignorant comments his time should have been up along time ago

Bigdogjim
09-28-2011, 05:07 PM
My view: I tried more than once to "talk" to Dom in person and via phone about how he just can't burn other members because he disagrees with them. At times when he stopped posting I would call and see if he was OK. We would talk and he re-join the site.

Now that he crossed one line two many I will move forward and not loose any sleep over what went down.

Grow up or get run over by life.

knine
09-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Can we delete the sub-forum (does the darndest deeds) ?

MOTOWN
09-28-2011, 05:15 PM

I was not aware of what this former member posted until another member sent me a pm!

Needless to say i was taken back, as a 40 year old black man, and a police officer ive been accused of a lot of things, but being a KKK member has never been one of them, and something tells me im not quite a poster child for that group of thugs!

thank you to the mods, and the membership for not putting up with this foolishness any longer.

Roger

Phrog_gunner
09-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Can we delete the sub-forum (does the darndest deeds) ?

I think it is deleted, but the link is still up there. It doesn't lead to anything, though.

knine
09-28-2011, 05:23 PM
as a 40 year old black man,
??? Your avitar shows you as a yellow peanut M&M. Why is this the first I've heard of this? LOL Roger, as you know being a P.O. we have to deal with stupid things every day. If people would get beyond their own bias and put things like skin color behind us the world would be a better place for it's not what you have on the outside but what you have on the inside that counts in my book. The one thing I will never forgive my father (rest his sole) was that he was a biggoted racist and I cannot forgive him for that. It was because I have eyes of my own and make my own decisions that I was able to see beyond that. A lot of that crap in people comes from their parents and their enviroment.

MERCMAN
09-28-2011, 05:23 PM
The link is now gone as well

Ms. Denmark
09-28-2011, 05:28 PM

I don't do funerals.

E. Not a funeral E, just relief. Too many people here were enablers. Very few took him to task or gave him the unvarnished negative feed back which would have been the responsible thing to do. Those who are clearly looked up to and respected here turned a blind eye or worse gave encouragement which only emboldened him. It was sadly amusing to see otherwise generally intelligent members rush to his defense, offer countless gems of wisdom time after time after time no matter how inane or offensive or pointless his behavior... and never get it. You got it. I got it a very long time ago, but the people who really needed to get it never did until today...and yet I do hope he finds a place to fit in somewhere sometime. And Sheepy if you're reading this please think long and hard...

MOTOWN
09-28-2011, 05:29 PM
??? Your avitar shows you as a yellow peanut M&M. Why is this the first I've heard of this? LOL Roger, as you know being a P.O. we have to deal with stupid things every day. If people would get beyond their own bias and put things like skin color behind us the world would be a better place for it's not what you have on the outside but what you have on the inside that counts in my book. The one thing I will never forgive my father (rest his sole) was that he was a biggoted racist and I cannot forgive him for that. It was because I have eyes of my own and make my own decisions that I was able to see beyond that. A lot of that crap in people comes from their parents and their enviroment.

Im busted! the M&M is out of the bag bud! i totaly agree with your post maybe someday we can get to that point, and i for one will make certain my kids love and respect everyone as it should be:beer:

duhtroll
09-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Actually, my name has been duhtroll long before internet "trolling" existed.

In our college house (shared), I lived in the basement, even under the stairs (well, part of my room was). I was sometimes awakened by loud roommates at 3AM (usually before finals), which prompted me to stomp up the stairs and yell.

I did that once and opened the door right into a State Trooper, who I later found out needed to search the house for the stolen computers my roommate had taken.

I was half awake and asked some stupid question, to which my other roommates replied "Duh, Troll."

And the rest, as they say...

2Z4m4lnjxkY

knine
09-28-2011, 05:35 PM
...... maybe someday we can get to that point, and i for one will make certain my kids love and respect everyone as it should be:beer:
But he, or someone like him, will always be with us, waiting for the right climate in which to flourish, spreading fear in the name of righteousness. Vigilance, that is the price we have to continually pay.

CBT
09-28-2011, 05:49 PM
How many blades of grass are in my lawn?

Phrog_gunner
09-28-2011, 05:52 PM
How many blades of grass are in my lawn?

Do the brown ones count?

CBT
09-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Do the brown ones count?

.....that's racist.....

Dude are you going to Marauderville?

knine
09-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Do the brown ones count?

.....that's racist.....

Don't ruin it guys. Please?

Phrog_gunner
09-28-2011, 06:02 PM

Nope........

CBT
09-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Nope........

Now I haz a sad.

Phrog_gunner
09-28-2011, 06:10 PM
Now I haz a sad.

I will be doing THE DEED.

RacerX
09-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Now I haz a sad.
PB&D (Peanut Butter & Dog) make u happy! :lol:

On a sidenote. It's actually sad how many people have even looked at this thread and responded. Obviously he stirred a lot of emotions. We're all different people and each one of us took everything he did or said a bit differently. We're human, we're each very unique. I do believe he needs to accept the wisdom of age and experience and settle down, figure out who he is and not be in competition with himself. The problem and struggle is in him. I wish him the best. I hope he figures it out sooner than later and hope Becky can be the voice of reason. Anyhoo, we should let this thread die, hopefully I didn't just perpetuate it. :depress:

Mr. Man
09-28-2011, 06:33 PM
OK no more self wallowing. It's time to Conga!!!

http://thenewcaribbean.com/images/003%20Pool%20BSC%20Conga%20lin e.jpg:banana::banana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8v6cZ21vlc&feature=related

MMBLUE
09-28-2011, 06:33 PM
PB&D (Peanut Butter & Dog) make u happy! :lol:

On a sidenote. It's actually sad how many people have even looked at this thread and responded. Obviously he stirred a lot of emotions. We're all different people and each one of us took everything he did or said a bit differently. We're human, we're each very unique. I do believe he needs to accept the wisdom of age and experience and settle down, figure out who he is and not be in competition with himself. The problem and struggle is in him. I wish him the best. I hope he figures it out sooner than later and hope Becky can be the voice of reason. Anyhoo, we should let this thread die, hopefully I didn't just perpetuate it. :depress:

I agree on letting this DIE. What frosts me is that the mods are letting this go on. When I can remember a past member, that as soon as you mention there name the thread gets locked or deleted. MODS LOCK IT PLEASE! Thank you. IBTL

knine
09-28-2011, 06:39 PM
I agree on letting this DIE. What frosts me is that the mods are letting this go on. When I can remember a past member, that as soon as you mention there name the thread gets locked or deleted. MODS LOCK IT PLEASE! Thank you. IBTL
I disgree. Talking helps heal the hurting. Without mentioning a name, I had a member PM me and say that Dom's post brought tears to his eyes. How utterly violated I felt after what I had to put up with growing up. Sometimes we need to talk to heal and I feel this is one of those times and as long as it is done respectfully I think it should continue.

MMBLUE
09-28-2011, 06:46 PM
I disgree. Talking helps heal the hurting. Without mentioning a name, I had a member PM me and say that Dom's post brought tears to his eyes. How utterly violated I felt after what I had to put up with growing up. Sometimes we need to talk to heal and I feel this is one of those times and as long as it is done respectfully I think it should continue.

I saw it in his sig this morning and thought, "HOLY CRAP IS THAT BRAZEN" obviously more appropreiate discriptive adjectives were used, but that was totally uncalled for by him. As stated earlier, at times I enjoyed his wit and ocassionally his view.

DEFYANT
09-28-2011, 06:57 PM
Who? What happen...? Gone? Geeze, I need to pay more attention. Dom who? ...not exactly sure there was a member called "Motorhead350"?

Where's my Kool-Aid?

knine
09-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Who? What happen...? Gone? Geeze, I need to pay more attention. Dom who? ...not exactly sure there was a member called "Motorhead350"?

Where's my Kool-Aid?
^^^ Look !!! A distraction !!! Funny clown guy enters the room.

Thanks, I needed that. (meant sincerely) :)

DEFYANT
09-28-2011, 07:10 PM
^^^ Look !!! A distraction !!! Funny clown guy enters the room.

Thanks, I needed that. (meant sincerely) :)

Just trying to help. :o

Seriously, good riddance. I didn't feed into many of his threads because I don't feed trolls. He wasn't on my ignore list, but he was ignored.

mcgyver59
09-28-2011, 07:12 PM
At the end of the day, everyone needs to realize this is a car forum, regardless of make and model is not only a place to learn, but a place to connect with friend and share laughs/cries with friends across the country.
If you are cheering in favor of anyone's banning, just remember that there are just as many friends of the 'banned' that are upset about it.
Real problems should remain in the real world, not the internet.

It may be fun to rally that he's gone, but remember YOU had the choice not to read his posts.
And in reference to the KKK, I perceived it as an association to a group of people and an acronym, not hanging black people from trees.

Grow up people.

knine
09-28-2011, 07:25 PM
At the end of the day, everyone needs to realize this is a car forum, regardless of make and model is not only a place to learn, but a place to connect with friend and share laughs/cries with friends across the country.
If you are cheering in favor of anyone's banning, just remember that there are just as many friends of the 'banned' that are upset about it.
Real problems should remain in the real world, not the internet.

It may be fun to rally that he's gone, but remember YOU had the choice not to read his posts.
And in reference to the KKK, I perceived it as an association to a group of people and an acronym, not hanging black people from trees.

Grow up people.

This is not a cheer session (at least not from me), it is a time for healing and it helps to talk about it. If you only knew what I delt with growing up and what I deal with day to day I think you'd have a better understanding of the situation and how it affected so many on a personal level....and yes, I would agree that several of his friends are upset about the comments too, I would expect that kind of reaction out of anyone who has a sense of right or wrong regardless of their friendship status. As I mentioned before, someone wrote to me that it brought tears to their eyes when they read it. Think of the most offensive thing anyone can ever say to you and multiply it by a factor of 10. Thats how it affected me.

No, I did not have a choice to not read his posts as it was called time and time to my attention that my screen name was listed in the context that it was. You cannot avoid that nor would I want to.

I think you'd have a completely different feeling if you were on that list. And for the perception, when anyone uses the highlighted letters KKK with the phrase "join the clan" it was unmistakenly racist. That is a trueism. May you have a great day, E.

dakslim
09-28-2011, 07:28 PM
The thread below showed me how off the deep end he went:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73305

Never read this thread before and now I find myself disliking him even more!!!

Joe Walsh
09-28-2011, 07:30 PM
......:hmmm:....I can't remember.....how many pages did the "Aren Jay is finally banned" thread run??

MMBLUE
09-28-2011, 07:40 PM
......:hmmm:....I can't remember.....how many pages did the "Aren Jay is finally banned" thread run??

Don't worry, bluerauder is the king of thread finding, if it's out there he'll find it.

tbone
09-28-2011, 08:22 PM
I've had my run-ins with Dom, as well as a few others on here. Such is life. I don't care for some people. Vice versa.

Not condoning or condemning anyone or anything, but I have to remind you all that "censorship" is a very touchy and complicated thing. This is the USA and freedom of speech is an integral part in who we are as a people. Dom posted some crap that is objectionable but I really don't think he meant it in a racist way at all. I've seen a lot of political speeches especially lately that promote HATE towards the Tea Party that the lamestream media ignores quite well......The standards have to apply to ALL peoples.

Think about this before you go crazy on me and accuse me of all kinds of things that I'm not.

Peace!:beer:

knine
09-28-2011, 08:25 PM
I've had my run-ins with Dom, as well as a few others on here. Such is life. I don't care for some people. Vice versa.

Not condoning or condemning anyone or anything, but I have to remind you all that "censorship" is a very touchy and complicated thing. This is the USA and freedom of speech is an integral part in who we are as a people.

Think about this before you go crazy on me and accuse me of all kinds of things that I'm not.

Peace!:beer:
This was not an issue of censorship, but one of racebaiting and racism, a deliberate attempt to offend several members in good standing without provication or explination, in otherwords, his final attempt to stir the pot to get a reaction. Well, he got a reaction.

Bigdogjim
09-28-2011, 08:29 PM
This was not an issue of censorship, but one of racebaiting and racism, a deliberate attempt to offend several members in good standing without provication or explination, in otherwords, his final attempt to stir the pot to get a reaction. Well, he got a reaction.

Funny thing when you stir a pot it some time boil's over and burn's you!

Live large and have fun! Be careful what you stir.

CBT
09-29-2011, 07:18 AM
..............26145........... .......

Haggis
09-29-2011, 07:31 AM
..............26145........... .......

You should tattoo that to your butt checks.

rayjay
09-29-2011, 07:36 AM
You should tattoo that to your butt checks.

Ohh nooo... :lol:

bolsen
09-29-2011, 07:41 AM
guy sounds like a doucher...

TiTo35
09-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Ah! The refreshing taste of the same ol stuff...lol! Im glad to be back!

SC Cheesehead
09-29-2011, 08:19 AM

Like my old Uncle Heinrich used to say, "Das mehrere, das es das mehrere ändert, das es das gleiche ist."

Phrog_gunner
09-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Like my old Uncle Heinrich used to say, "Das mehrere, das es das mehrere ändert, das es das gleiche ist."

"Pass me the sauerkraut"?????

tbone
09-29-2011, 08:52 AM

And he was :censor:.

(NOT defending him in any way.)

SC Cheesehead
09-29-2011, 09:01 AM

:rofl:

Close, but not quite.... :D

Ms. Denmark
09-29-2011, 09:01 AM

TiTo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mac-MerC
09-29-2011, 11:19 AM
he was a cool dude
i enjoyed his stories
i dont know what he posted or had in his sig and i dont really care
its a car site.... and most of the time he had stuff to say about his damn car
no one on here strictly post about his/her car... but oh well

if anyone has his contact info i would appreciate it if u can slide it my way... email, phone number, etc;

SC Cheesehead
09-29-2011, 11:25 AM
he was a cool dude
i enjoyed his stories
i dont know what he posted or had in his sig and i dont really care
its a car site.... and most of the time he had stuff to say about his damn car
no one on here strictly post about his/her car... but oh well

if anyone has his contact info i would appreciate it if u can slide it my way... email, phone number, etc;

Mac,

He's hanging out over at http://www.chicagosvt.com

His screen name is 4DoorBlackTop.

Blk Mamba
09-29-2011, 11:30 AM
I, like another member had in his sig, did not read his posts anymore. Dom is an immature spoiled little boy and am glad he is banned, hopefully, for life.

I have to agree, but what am I going to put in my sig line now?

Mac-MerC
09-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Mac,

He's hanging out over at http://www.chicagosvt.com

His screen name is 4DoorBlackTop.

appreciate that

dakslim
09-29-2011, 12:19 PM
I have to agree, but what am I going to put in my sig line now?

I dunno...maybe something Marine like!:D

SC Cheesehead
09-29-2011, 02:13 PM
I dunno...maybe something Marine like!:D

Isn't it about time for your afternoon nap, you 'ol Coot?

Joe Walsh
09-29-2011, 03:16 PM

:rofl:

Close, but not quite.... :D

Hiding the Bratwurst between the buns???

Blackened300a
09-29-2011, 03:35 PM
About Dom, I like the guy and in his online persona is not what he's like in person. He travels to NY every now and then and I usually meet up with him when he does. His threads of "What is....." or "What are your...." kinda killed the time and allowed most of the members to get to know each other a little more and see what common interests some of us have. I do agree that putting members of this site into the KKK club was a bit distasteful and don't belong on a moderated car forum, but neither is the same group of members constantly chiming in his threads only to insult him and derail his thread. That was what sparked his revolt against you guys. He could have done it in a different fashion, but that wouldn't be Dom.

Take care Dom and see you when you are in town. :beer:

tbone
09-29-2011, 03:40 PM
About Dom, I like the guy and in his online persona is not what he's like in person. He travels to NY every now and then and I usually meet up with him when he does. His threads of "What is....." or "What are your...." kinda killed the time and allowed most of the members to get to know each other a little more and see what common interests some of us have. I do agree that putting members of this site into the KKK club was a bit distasteful and don't belong on a moderated car forum, but neither is the same group of members constantly chiming in his threads only to insult him and derail his thread. That was what sparked his revolt against you guys. He could have done it in a different fashion, but that wouldn't be Dom.

Ahhhh. Interesting.

MOTOWN
09-29-2011, 03:43 PM

Your kidding right?? i dont know the kid never met him, nor did i ever insult him, it amazes how there are some who attempt in some warped, and twisted way to try to justify, or act as if racist behavior is ok in any shape , form ,or fashion, this country will never get past racism until it accepts the fact that there is no place for it!

this forum or elsewhere!

Bigdogjim
09-29-2011, 04:51 PM

Paul the fact of the matter is I never did anything to deserve that club. I have spent hours on the phone with Dom over the years and have been there for him at almost every turn. Why he picked the members he did for the "KKK" Club I will never know? I did send a PM and asked to be removed and got back one word....NO!

I will not lose a minute of sleep over the ban. In life you can only cross the line so many times before you get a "attutide adjustment" Dom got his. Does it make me happy? No! However like I said I did not push him over the edge.

It's done we will somehow move forward!

As John Wayne said."Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."

Rocknthehawk
09-29-2011, 04:58 PM
I didn't see or read his sig or whatever, but play with the bull, you get the horn.

unban Aren? When one door closes, another opens

knine
09-29-2011, 07:38 PM

OKAY, here we go. I'll try to keep this as positive as possible since you brought it up.

his online persona is not what he's like in person BULL. He can be as rude and offensive in person if he wanted to be (if you told him he was wrong about something or....heaven forbid, offered him advice to try and help him out or see the light, you were the recipent of vendictive pot shots, implied threats or verbal assualts). You live in NY? I live in IL and seen him a LOT MORE.

His threads of "What is....." or "What are your...." kinda killed the time His threds of inane questions were mostly designed to start 300mph shatstorms

the same group of members constantly chiming in his threads only to insult him and derail his thread. Nope. I refused to post in any of his threads before his banning (after Aprl 2010ish), except one by accident (then I deleted).

sparked his revolt against you guys His history of getting away with more than most members emboldened him to do something no-one with a sense of right or wrong would do. He was the receipent of his own doings and was banned by the results of his own hands.

He could have done it in a different fashion, but that wouldn't be Dom. You got that one spot on.

I respect your right to have an opinion, but unless you grew up in a bigoted racist environment, had a friend nearly beaten to death because of his skin color, deal with racism on an almost daily basis or made the list I seriously doubt you can understand how the insensitivity and inappropriateness of what he did affected so many people, some who were not even on his list. I wish you a good day. E.

guspech750
09-29-2011, 07:43 PM
:lol: E said 300mph shatstorms!!:lol:

See. Something positive did "come out" of this thread!! :lol:

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

knine
09-29-2011, 07:47 PM
:lol: E said 300mph shatstorms!!:lol:

See. Something positive did "come out" of this thread!! :lol:

---
- Sent from my iPhone
I'd credit that one, but I forgot who put it first and they got "bot"****:censor:

Blackened300a
09-29-2011, 07:55 PM
I respect your right to have an opinion, but unless you grew up in a bigoted racist environment, had a friend nearly beaten to death because of his skin color, deal with racism on an almost daily basis or made the list I seriously doubt you can understand how the insensitivity and inappropriateness of what he did affected so many people, some who were not even on his list. I wish you a good day. E.

So putting your name on a list under KKK is the same as using blatant derogatory words towards someone of another race? Is that what your saying?

knine
09-29-2011, 07:58 PM
So putting your name on a list under KKK is the same as using blatant derogatory words towards someone of another race? Is that what your saying?
You're an allegedly intelligent adult. I will not debate samantics on this topic. If you cannot figure out what the implication was by listing people in such an offensive, horrific way then I will pray for you my friend. Have a nice day. E.

Blackened300a
09-29-2011, 08:04 PM
You're an allegedly adult. I will not depate samantics on this topic. If you cannot figure out what the inplication was by listing people in such an offensive, horrific way then I will pray for you my friend. Have a nice day. E.

I get the reasoning, Im trying to get into your head why its the same as using a derogatory term towards someone.

Bigdogjim
09-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Come on Paul Dom was out of line more that anyone. Cross every line drawn in the sand. Kid lacked basic respect.

yjmud
09-29-2011, 08:29 PM
so if he called you a bunch of fascist would that be better?

CBT
09-30-2011, 04:20 AM
so if he called you a bunch of fascist would that be better?

Common sense can be your friend, if you let it.

RoyLPita
09-30-2011, 04:43 AM
common sense can be your friend, if you let it.

+1..............

yjmud
09-30-2011, 05:04 AM
Common sense can be your friend, if you let it.

I agree
It was in poor taste what he did

sailsmen
09-30-2011, 05:19 AM

Folly. Dom is an adult and solely responsible for HIS ACTIONS. Just as I am for mine and you are for yours. Watching our Society deteriorate as a result of a Culture that shuns personal responsibility is very troubling.

Why not Blame Bush for what happened?

Yep, that predatory Bank made me borrow 105% of the value of the house and forced me to walk away with a check for $12,000 in my pocket!

J-MAN
09-30-2011, 05:24 AM
Since the problem has been taken care of I would like to see this thread die, but I have an added thought. Speaking as one who was on "the list", I see a few posting what a great guy dom is in person. Not being a mental health specialist, I have to wonder why an individual in person seems OK, but from the relative safety of the internet acts as a complete idiot. Is it so simple that in person he fears immediate reprisal and can contain himself yet through his postings can be transformed into a racist and disrespectful internet thug? Just who was the real dom?

Those that I choose as my friends are the same in person or when they are on the other side of the globe. I cherish those friendships.

I wish the recently departed the best and hope that he can find the strength or get the help he needs to mature into a responsible adult.

prchrman
09-30-2011, 06:31 AM
body of work, not one incident.

rayjay
09-30-2011, 06:50 AM
body of work, not one incident.

+1, I have met Dominick on several occasions. He is different in person, no doubt. This crossed the line and was in extreemly poor taste. Add that to everything else and HE cost himself what happened. I enjoyed my personal time with him, but did not read his postings in the past 6+ months... Hard core musicians walk to the beat of a different drummer. Many years ago I almost arrested Pat Benatar before a concert, foul mouth, PITA little biatch... Her people pulled her away as the words were about to come out of my mouth. Probably would have been a good scrap too.

SC Cheesehead
09-30-2011, 06:52 AM
+1, I have met Dominick on several occasions. He is different in person, no doubt. This crossed the line and was in extreemly poor taste. Add that to everything else and HE cost himself what happened. I enjoyed my personal time with him, but did not read his postings in the past 6+ months... Hard core musicians walk to the beat of a different drummer. Many years ago I almost arrested Pat Benatar before a concert, foul mouth, PITA little biatch... Her people pulled her away as the words were about to come out of my mouth. Probably would have been a good scrap too.

Uhhh, were you able to get her autrograph?

Just askin'...

rayjay
09-30-2011, 07:07 AM
Uhhh, were you able to get her autrograph?

Just askin'...

She wasn't famous yet, on her way up. Why is it the smaller the woman, the bigger the PITA they are? Sever attitude problem, I simply asked to see her pass to access her dressing room. Had no clue as to who she was. She went 0-60 in two seconds because I don't back down, and don't care who you THINK you are. When you are on my post I'm incharge, period. Secret Service doesn't like me that much either. :cool:

Rocknthehawk
09-30-2011, 09:22 AM
I have a new level of respect for knine and a few others posting in this thread.

knine
09-30-2011, 10:16 AM
I have a new level of respect for knine and a few others posting in this thread.
I'm just trying to keep this tactful and non-disrespectful. EDIT:Looking back, I have a renewed respect for your abitlity to predict the future. This is a quote from you in the thread that is linked in your current sig (post #89): (to Dom) "One of these days, maybe your antics will catch up to you. Apparently you haven't had that wake up call yet. "

Sad but ironic that your current sig links to a thread that demonstrates exactly what this situation refers to so many times, how he would knowingly post things that were of a questionable nature or attack someone for no apparent reason. It's like rewinding the movie to see what went wrong then shouting "no, don't do it". That link demonstrates it all to well. BTW, that's one of those 300MPH shatstorm postings.

Mac-MerC
09-30-2011, 01:13 PM
smh @ this

-Matt-
09-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Soooooooooooo........ Canz Zack come back naow? Pwez?

justbob
09-30-2011, 06:23 PM
I gave up caring since the "fastest Marauder in Chicago shootout" or whatever it was.. Just a day of fun. Yeah right. Had I seen that one coming I would have never shown up.

Then him selling my DR's incident. Actually floored me that a member bought them almost more...

Sure, i'll talk to him when needed, but I could care less what he does. He don't listen, nor care, just wants to be told what he wants to hear. Myself and other locals can't believe the change in attitude with him in the last couple years. When I asked him WTF? He gave me a legitimate list of reasons why. Everything listed was pretty much a good excuse for being an asshat. But everything listed was ALSO a very good reason to seek help, meds, or both! But rebel boy don't touch drugs.

He used to be funny as all get out to hang with!

.............................. ......

Reguardless, he is only human. We can hang anytime, but my respect for him is long gone. I'm quite sure he will survive with out .net as well.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

knine
09-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Bob, you are a good guy, I am sorry for your experience. E.

jstevens
09-30-2011, 07:13 PM
Yeah, can Zack and Dom come back.

Speaking of racism, I've been the victim of just the opposite so excuse me if I don't have much sympathy.

Papillon
09-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Wow.... :shake: For someone who was booted on Wednesday and is supposedly so insignificant and disliked by so many, 9 pages of what he did and how "mentally unstable" he is/was is getting a bit redundant. He's gone. No need to put with with his "antics" anymore. Let's move on.

jstevens
09-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Oh, come on. Its fun to shoot the sh@t.

knine
09-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Speaking of racism, I've been the victim of just the opposite so excuse me if I don't have much sympathy.
Not sure what you mean, but the opposite of that would be non-racism which I would take to mean that you speakout against it when you hear it. That's admirable and a difficult thing to do in peer groups. People who speak out against socitial ills and try to change things for the better have always been top notch in the "respected department" in my eyes (and I'm a conserative). I hope that's what you mean. E.

knine
09-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Wow.... :shake: For someone who was booted on Wednesday and is supposedly so insignificant and disliked by so many, 9 pages of what he did and how "mentally unstable" he is/was is getting a bit redundant. He's gone. No need to put with with his "antics" anymore. Let's move on.
I wouldn't say "insignificant", he was a good guy. He just took the wrong boat in life and closed his eyes so he couldn't see the hands held out to help him and closed his ears to the pleas offering assistance. When he shipwrecked, he drowned in the sea that was his own ego.

-Matt-
09-30-2011, 07:29 PM
So really.... about Zack.... can he come back now?

knine
09-30-2011, 07:32 PM
So really.... about Zack.... can he come back now?
As much as I would personally like to see that, that ship has sailed too.

jstevens
09-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Come on, everyone deserves a second chance. Of course there is always other forums. I hope hes as good as I hope when I meet him and zack.

knine
09-30-2011, 07:53 PM
He had second, third and many more chances. When he posted the offensive comment, he was asked by many to remove it. He refused. He burnt his own bridge and his last chance. He has admitted himself that he doesn't learn from his mistakes so there is no chance for redemption. I'm sure if/when you met it will leave an impression. Good day, E.

jstevens
09-30-2011, 08:00 PM
You know what, I wish he would've taken back everything he said. I believe everyone has so much love in their heart.

The problem is with the internet it is so easy to say things you really wouldn't say in person. I only can hope that when I reach those pearly gates that I'm forgiven for I have posted on these boards.

gdsqdcr
09-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Knine

If I did a +1 on every comment you made I agreed with, I could a page to myself!

As to the other comments.
I don't see Zack coming back
Discussing the events can sometimes be a healing for others.
Specific to Dom, probably is a nice guy in person ...
As for friends, like someone said, those that are my friends, are the same in person as they are online. Their character does not change when they are behind a keyboard.

As for my conclusion, can we hijack this thread now? How bout we discuss transplating a LT-1 into a Marauder and if that would still be considered a Marauder?

jstevens
09-30-2011, 08:10 PM
I couldn't agree more. Zack isn't coming back. I'm glad I've spoken with him over on chicagosvt.com.

He seems really knowldegdbable, Sorry about the typing, vodka will do that.
I can understand some of the hate comments but in Dom's defense, all of use get a little cockey behind a keyboard.

Sure, he was wrong. References to the kkk are uncalled for but thats why I live in the great USA and not Irag.

Sorry, but my son is an active Army soldier so I am a little biased to any piecie of **** that doesn't believe in my county.

knine
09-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Knine

If I did a +1 on every comment you made I agreed with, I could a page to myself!
As for my conclusion, can we hijack this thread now? How bout we discuss transplating a LT-1 into a Marauder and if that would still be considered a Marauder?
I've been called the voice of reason before. As for the hijack for a LT-1 into a Maarauder? Blasphemy!!!! How could you even consider that? If you want to hijack the thread, lets talk about cool Ford Raptors, my new truck when the 2012's arrive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GkTdGc4Z4&feature=BFa&list=FLA85CGBABHCRZRTOGH_p6kA&lf=mh_lolz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZKRTosnMUw&feature=mh_lolz&list=FLA85CGBABHCRZRTOGH_p6kA

-Matt-
09-30-2011, 08:17 PM
We should have a no-holds-bar forum... that would make me giggle

knine
09-30-2011, 08:20 PM
I couldn't agree more. Zack isn't coming back. I'm glad I've spoken with him over on chicagosvt.com.

He seems really knowldegdbable, Sorry about the typing, vodka will do that.
I can understand some of the hate comments but in Dom's defense, all of use get a little cockey behind a keyboard.

Sure, he was wrong. References to the kkk are uncalled for but thats why I live in the great USA and not Irag.

Sorry, but my son is an active Army soldier so I am a little biased to any piecie of **** that doesn't believe in my county.
There is no place for hate in the comments. This is a little chat place for healing because some were hurt extremly bad by what happened. Unfortunatly there is no defense for racism. He was offered the chance to remove it and he refused. As for the USA part, no-one that I am aware of made any mention to being anti-American and I think you'd be hard pressed to find any anti-Americans here.

Please thank your son for his service and give him a big hug the next time you see him. :hug: E.

gdsqdcr
09-30-2011, 09:35 PM
I've been called the voice of reason before. As for the hijack for a LT-1 into a Maarauder? Blasphemy!!!! How could you even consider that? If you want to hijack the thread, lets talk about cool Ford Raptors, my new truck when the 2012's arrive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6GkTdGc4Z4&feature=BFa&list=FLA85CGBABHCRZRTOGH_p6kA&lf=mh_lolz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZKRTosnMUw&feature=mh_lolz&list=FLA85CGBABHCRZRTOGH_p6kA

Raptors are nice ... But what if I am a GMC guy?

I would not own the Raptor only because to me a truck is just a truck.

Bigdogjim
09-30-2011, 11:48 PM
You know what, I wish he would've taken back everything he said. I believe everyone has so much love in their heart.

The problem is with the internet it is so easy to say things you really wouldn't say in person. I only can hope that when I reach those pearly gates that I'm forgiven for I have posted on these boards.

I have read many time when a member goes over the line that it's the fault of the internet. If is so easy to type words you not speak then that's a self control issue. Not calling you out but the saying the internet is at fault is like killing someone and say I eat Twinkies and they made me go nuts.

So I do not agree wth the internet defence in this case.

SC Cheesehead
10-01-2011, 05:39 AM

If the crash test data on a http://www.treehugger.com/how-smart-is-the-smart-car-image.jpg is so bad, why do they call it a Smart Car? :dunno:

dakslim
10-01-2011, 06:06 AM
We should have a no-holds-bar forum... that would make me giggle

Oh, you mean like you were giggling in that photo of you hugging that pilot on the flight line?:confused:

PonyUP
10-01-2011, 06:07 AM
If the crash test data on a http://www.treehugger.com/how-smart-is-the-smart-car-image.jpg is so bad, why do they call it a Smart Car? :dunno:

It's smart because it's the size of those motorized scooters they give seniors at target. Think about it, target becomes a drive in, you can pick up what you need and never get out of your car, although your car will have limited storage so you'll need to make several trips

Spectragod
10-01-2011, 06:08 AM
I can't believe I have read this, several times over. I did see Dom's post with the members of the Kool Kids Klub listed. I thought it was inappropriate, but I was not offended, felt beat down, etc., even if my name or user name would have been there, I would not have been feeling any way other than I do right now. FWIW, my wife is African American, I asked her, she felt no harm, hurt feelings etc.

He should have removed it and/or names when asked, he got what he asked for, there is no one to blame but himself.

As far as a hijack, hell yeah, have you seen a smart car with a Hyabusa motor swap, now THAT, I would drive.

Linky...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV4HdsDZX6c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5S1NAMnYKM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdJ84nho3_k&feature=related

nice crash test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iKGfo1wmOM&feature=related

Vortex
10-01-2011, 06:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcYsO890YJY

I think we've flogged this one enough.

Spectragod
10-01-2011, 06:30 AM
There goes the neighborhood..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rloidlFbi4w

RF Overlord
10-01-2011, 07:07 AM
I'm not going to close this thread, but I do think it's about run its course.

Sidewalk's open folks...move along...nothing to see here...

Hey, how about them Red Sox, eh?

Spectragod
10-01-2011, 07:09 AM
The squirrel's in my neighborhood are getting ready for winter.

MM2004
10-01-2011, 07:15 AM
The squirrel's in my neighborhood are getting ready for winter.

I hate squirrels. Really.

Mike.

Blackened300a
10-01-2011, 07:18 AM
This is a little chat place for healing because some were hurt extremly bad by what happened.

So words on a screen has hurt some people extremely bad and they need to post in this thread to heal??? Really??? :rolleyes:

Seriously listen to yourself and what you are so enraged by. Its words on a screen.. You are acting like he burned a cross in your front lawn with the level you are taking this to. Take it from where it comes, can someone like Dom really get under your skin or is it just you that has really thin skin and are overly sensitive to the nonsense that started this entire thread in the first place?

You can sleep easier tonight knowing that Dom is banned and you'll never have to see his posts or read his threads anymore. This isn't a healing session for stupidity.

Ms. Denmark
10-01-2011, 07:22 AM

Mike.I only hate them when they run out in front of my car, stop halfway across the road, zig back the way they came then zag.... right under my wheels! :eek: I swear they have a death wish...Death By Marauder. :( I hate that.

BTW Paul, we all have our quirks about how we feel about some people here on MM.net. That's based on our experiences with them. But we certainly don't apply the rules equally to all, all the time. Some are given many chances, allowed to say almost anything to anyone and even disrespect the Admins repeatedly and continue to be tolerated. For example, some had no problem with Aren Jay but lot's of you became annoyed with his posts, bullied him into retaliating until he was banned. I didn't agree with how some of you treated him, but I did respect the decision of the mods. AJ, like Dom, Zack, Travis and Ryan (to name a few) just didn't know how to fit in and play nice in the sand box. Another banned member, Off Roadkarter (Ryan) is someone I think very highly of, but he apparently ticked off too many others. He did not have the support nor was he given the latitude and protection that other "bad boy" members have enjoyed. He was banned. So be it. I'm sure he was warned. Although I lobbied for his return, it's not going to happen and again I respect the decision of the mods. So my own feelings had to be dealt with. That is sometimes a difficult place to be. You are prolly there right now. Try to remember that we are all responsible for our own actions. You pull the tiger's tail one time too many and you might get what you're asking for. There are usually consequences to most things...some people don't believe it until it bites them. What happened is just the culmination of a long history of bad decisions by yet another member....the last straw.

rayjay
10-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Close this please.

Blackened300a
10-01-2011, 07:27 AM
Close this please.

+1 this solves nothing leaving it open.

justbob
10-01-2011, 07:33 AM
No matter how I feel, permanent bans are flat out ridiculous. "Some will never change" BULL. People change every day that goes by. At worst, six month, or even yearly bans should be implimented. Said member can come back, and try again. If he/she fails, bye bye now. See ya next year. It could be that simple, and fair to a person who made mistakes, and has had plenty of time to learn from them.

I do believe seeing another year vacation would make you think about your actions.

finster101
10-01-2011, 07:41 AM

Mike.

Not me, I love em' especially with a little gravey and bisquits.

Pops
10-01-2011, 07:42 AM
No matter how I feel, permanent bans are flat out ridiculous. "Some will never change" BULL. People change every day that goes by. At worst, six month, or even yearly bans should be implimented. Said member can come back, and try again. If he/she fails, bye bye now. See ya next year. It could be that simple, and fair to a person who made mistakes, and has had plenty of time to learn from them.

I do believe seeing another year vacation would make you think about your actions.

Kinda like going to prison Bob! You have to pay society for your bad actions. I do agree with you on this one!:)

Go2GuyFL
10-01-2011, 07:59 AM
... target becomes a drive in ...

And to think this was filmed in Chicago, IL! How fitting:

IIdGxR-aU6o

Ms. Denmark
10-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Close this please. Why Ray? Dom was a member here for a very long time and was front and center as far as a dominant personality goes. It's only fitting that there is a chance for comment. I think he'd be disappointed if no one had anything to say.

+1 this solves nothing leaving it open. This is not about solving anything. There is no solution as such. It's more about expressing an opinion and then moving on.

If the day ever comes that you are banned, I'll have an opinion about that too LOL!!! :D

guspech750
10-01-2011, 08:31 AM

Bad ass truck for sure. I thought I had seen on a SVT Raptor forum, the truck frames bending between the cab and bed due to people actually taking them off road.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Spectragod
10-01-2011, 10:05 AM
So words on a screen has hurt some people extremely bad and they need to post in this thread to heal??? Really??? :rolleyes:

Seriously listen to yourself and what you are so enraged by. Its words on a screen.. You are acting like he burned a cross in your front lawn with the level you are taking this to. Take it from where it comes, can someone like Dom really get under your skin or is it just you that has really thin skin and are overly sensitive to the nonsense that started this entire thread in the first place?

You can sleep easier tonight knowing that Dom is banned and you'll never have to see his posts or read his threads anymore. This isn't a healing session for stupidity.

I have to agree with this, and I will add, being that I am L.E. as well, it has been beat into us that we cannot be offended, people can say what they like and we are not to be offended. So my question is..... how is it that other L.E. brothers and sisters are hurt and offended so badly by what was posted?

It was not as if he referenced the Klan, he made up his own acronym for the letters, he probably felt that he was not as Kool as those he referenced. But yes, he should have removed it when asked, and he has earned the vacation by his own actions, perma ban? I don't agree, people change, give some of them another chance.

After all......Isn't that what the touchy, feely good society that gets offended at the drop of a hat trying to beat into our brains?:confused:

for reference.... sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me.

knine
10-01-2011, 01:00 PM
So words on a screen has hurt some people extremely bad
YES. Just like words said in person. I do not know of a person that hasn't had something said to them that upset them at some point in their life. Delivery doesn't matter, it's how it was or meant to be received.

Seriously listen to yourself and what you are so enraged by.
Not enraged, hurt and disapointed

You are acting like he burned a cross in your front lawn
Inappropriate comment

with the level you are taking this to.
? I nor anyone else took this anywhere. It was given to us. We simply responded with how we feel.

can someone like Dom really get under your skin or is it just you that has really thin skin and are overly sensitive to the nonsense that started this entire thread in the first place?
It's not about thin skin, it's about respect

You can sleep easier tonight knowing that Dom is banned and you'll never have to see his posts or read his threads anymore.
Not the point. When he was on topic, we was a good contributor. When he started threads that were designed to be 300MPH shatstorms, that was the problem.

This isn't a healing session for stupidity.
I disagree or so many wouldn't have chimed in.

... being that I am L.E. as well, it has been beat into us that we cannot be offended, people can say what they like and we are not to be offended.
You cannot beat out of someone human instinct and basic respect. L.E. respect all they encounter. We suppress, not ignore. If we did not recognize what offended people we would not be able to do our jobs. BTW, I am not here representing L.E., I'm here as little ole' me.

So my question is..... how is it that other L.E. brothers and sisters are hurt and offended so badly by what was posted?
Because it wasn't you and your history, upbringing and experiences in life have been different, thankfully.

It was not as if he referenced the Klan,
Then why did so many take it that way, why were words misspelled so it would spell KKK and why did it say "join the clan"? Google search on KKK and the first 50 pages of info will be on and reference what it really means. You cannot ignore reality or speak it into non-existance. To quote CBT: "Common sense can be your friend, if you let it."

But yes, he should have removed it when asked,
Totally agree. The problem is he was asked by many people, told how it was perceived and he refused.

give some of them another chance.
Totally agree, but a cat only has nine lives and the all the chances are over now

After all......Isn't that what the touchy, feely good society that gets offended at the drop of a hat trying to beat into our brains?:confused:
Dont know, I'm a conservative. But I do know that in life, if you lack basic respect skills for others then you segment yourself out of society and draw attention to yourself, just like the clientele we P.O.'s deal with.

for reference.... sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me.
Personally, I like.

Mike.
I'll take a dozen. The dogs like to chase them and it keeps them outside and out of the house.

knine
10-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Bad ass truck for sure. I thought I had seen on a SVT Raptor forum, the truck frames bending between the cab and bed due to people actually taking them off road.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
That whole issue was explored by FORD. It would appear, as I understand it, that a group of owners went on an excursion a little fast and the damage was termed "abuse" and was not warranteed. Ford engineers said to the effect thet the design limits were exceeded by the drivers. I watched a video of when one of them was damaged and suffice to say, I dont and cannot see a situation where I would ever be driving like that.

jstevens
10-01-2011, 01:57 PM

I agree. Some people will be total a holes their entire life and some will grow up.

jstevens
10-01-2011, 01:59 PM
for reference.... sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me.[/QUOTE]

Now that is funny. Where is CBT when you need him.

CBT
10-01-2011, 02:55 PM

Now that is funny. Where is CBT when you need him.[/QUOTE]

Hi, sailor! :wave:

PonyUP
10-01-2011, 04:04 PM
And to think this was filmed in Chicago, IL! How fitting:

IIdGxR-aU6o

Oh but how much fun would that be? :D, Supercharge a scooter and have some fun. Very fitting in a thread about Dom's departure to have a clip on the Blues Brothers

I have withheld comment about the Dom situation, because quite frankly it didn't warrant it, Dom did something very offensive, had been warned tooo many times to count, knew what the consequence was, was given the opportunity to retract it knowing that consequence, and refused to do so.

Ego has a strange effect on people, especially when your behind a keyboard, Dom suffered from this. But at the same time, for years he was the whipping boy on this site and received endless amounts of abuse. Seriously check his threads, there isn't one where someone didn't chime in to slam him, he retaliated, very poorly and with very poor judgement

I don't have a problem with his banning as he was given many second chances, and do anything racist is way over the line. For those of you that say it's just words, guess what it's just fire on a cross too, that doesn't diminish the thoughts it represents.

Dom is young, dumb and full of c, well you get the point. He did something stupid, and now he pays the price.

For what it's worth, I don't beleive Dom to be a racist, but at times he can certainly be insensitive. Either way, pushing the line can be fine, but when someone PM's you to tell you that something you posted is offensive to them, you should remove it out of common courtesy, refusing to do so, earns you a ticket out.

Permanent? Don't know how I feel on that yet. But for all you people that say we should limit this site to just stuff about the car, well if you do that, I want my flags back too. You people are more than a car to me, your family. I want to be able to offer words of encouragement when a family emergency or tragedy happens, I want to hear about antics on an evening out, I want to rail with all of you on the NFL and sports.

The car unites us, it does not define us

Bigdogjim
10-01-2011, 05:35 PM

Just because you think he craps ice cream and pees root beer do not expect the rest of the membership to share your beliefs. I am happy he is banned? No but do I feel he deserved it? Yes and not for one post post but a long history of crossing the line.

Blackened300a
10-01-2011, 05:40 PM
YES. Just like words said in person. I do not know of a person that hasn't had something said to them that upset them at some point in their life. Delivery doesn't matter, it's how it was or meant to be received..

Its freedom of speech, he has a right to say things that either elude to or just blatantly racist in public or in post. Its against forum rules which resulted in his ban, but not against the law. I suppose censorship is something you support or is everything open game until it affects you personally?

Papillon
10-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Oh but how much fun would that be? :D, Supercharge a scooter and have some fun. Very fitting in a thread about Dom's departure to have a clip on the Blues Brothers

I have withheld comment about the Dom situation, because quite frankly it didn't warrant it, Dom did something very offensive, had been warned tooo many times to count, knew what the consequence was, was given the opportunity to retract it knowing that consequence, and refused to do so.

Ego has a strange effect on people, especially when your behind a keyboard, Dom suffered from this. But at the same time, for years he was the whipping boy on this site and received endless amounts of abuse. Seriously check his threads, there isn't one where someone didn't chime in to slam him, he retaliated, very poorly and with very poor judgement

I don't have a problem with his banning as he was given many second chances, and do anything racist is way over the line. For those of you that say it's just words, guess what it's just fire on a cross too, that doesn't diminish the thoughts it represents.

Dom is young, dumb and full of c, well you get the point. He did something stupid, and now he pays the price.

For what it's worth, I don't beleive Dom to be a racist, but at times he can certainly be insensitive. Either way, pushing the line can be fine, but when someone PM's you to tell you that something you posted is offensive to them, you should remove it out of common courtesy, refusing to do so, earns you a ticket out.

Permanent? Don't know how I feel on that yet. But for all you people that say we should limit this site to just stuff about the car, well if you do that, I want my flags back too. You people are more than a car to me, your family. I want to be able to offer words of encouragement when a family emergency or tragedy happens, I want to hear about antics on an evening out, I want to rail with all of you on the NFL and sports.

The car unites us, it does not define us

Very well put.

And to that last part.... LETS GO YANKEES!!!! :D

:hijack:

Bigdogjim
10-01-2011, 05:51 PM
for years he was the whipping boy on this site and received endless amounts of abuse. Seriously check his threads, there isn't one where someone didn't chime in to slam him, he retaliated, very poorly and with very poor judgement

If you look at the posts he started then you would see why some members slamed him.

So how do I get a car towed from in front of my place? Log onto the city's web site and read. Duh!

Can my landlord raise my rent? (or what ever) well yes, and so on and so forth. If sure look to me like he wanted the "web site" to think for him.

However call it want you want.

Mr. Man
10-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Its freedom of speech, he has a right to say things that either elude to or just blatantly racist in public or in post. Its against forum rules which resulted in his ban, but not against the law. I suppose censorship is something you support or is everything open game until it affects you personally?
Actually hate speech is not protected. Walk into a Mall and start yelling the N-word and see how long it takes you to get to county lock-up.

PonyUP
10-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Very well put.

And to that last part.... LETS GO YANKEES!!!! :D

:hijack:

The Yankees just might get it done this year, but the Rays are riding a hot streak, should be a great post season

Papillon
10-01-2011, 06:11 PM
The Yankees just might get it done this year, but the Rays are riding a hot streak, should be a great post season

I hope, as I do with every ball year, the Yanks make it all the way to the end!! But yes, the Rays have been doing their thing too! I don't always watch the games but follow the MLB progress and right now.... I'm watching the game and I'm excited!! :beer:

Actually hate speech is not protected. Walk into a Mall and start yelling the N-word and see how long it takes you to get to county lock-up.

Actually Eric, I hear the word on a daily basis from my coworkers, to walking in the streets to the "songs" on the radio. Is it right, no, but its as if it's become socially acceptable in certain ways unfortunately.

knine
10-01-2011, 06:34 PM

....or a crowded theatre and yell "Fire". There are limits on free speech and the courts have ruled on such. To answer your statement, yes, hate speech is a crime. It is also an "aggrivating factor" in the sentencing of other crimes. As far as "until it affects me personally" No, I do not believe that, it's ludacris to suggest so. If I were that way I wouldn't be a good cop or person. You seem to feel as though I am the only one that was offended by this. Go back and read you will find several.

guspech750
10-01-2011, 06:37 PM
MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!!
MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!!
MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!!
MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!!

Oh. And did I mention...
MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!!
MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!!

Wooooooooooooooo!! Hooooooooooooooooo!!

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Papillon
10-01-2011, 06:44 PM

Oh. And did I mention...

Wooooooooooooooo!! Hooooooooooooooooo!!

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Hmmmm..... :hmmm: So what you're trying to say is, MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!! MV9!!

Btw, Tigers-1 ..... Yankees - 2! :banana:

:hug2:

Spectragod
10-01-2011, 06:44 PM

Now that's not true at all, I hear people referring to each other using that name, so if I use it, I am just calling them by the same name their friends use.

I have never arrested anyone for saying that, nor have I ever arrested anyone for using any other slang terms for other minorities, women included.

I was passing through Arkansas a couple of years ago, I saw a roadside sign that said which group supported the cleanup for that area, guess who it was.... the Ku Klux Klan, should I have been offended because I saw the "words", I mean right there in front of me and everything, I was so insulted, that sign was racist.

Which, seems to be a term we throw around a lot, by posting the letters and the word "klan" does not make it racist, the under tones are there, but it is not "racist".

So since no one knows a lot about my back ground, and you probably want to put me in the same category as Dom, several years back, one of my cousin's was kidnapped by a poor deprived inner city youth (15YO), who ra ped her, placed her in the trunk of the car and set it on fire.

In open juvenile court, the whole thing wasn't his fault and he put the key in the trunk lock before he lit the car, so someone could get her out. That POS got 6 years for his crime. Anything I have to say about that will be 100 times worse than the little trivial crap that Dom posted.

If it offends you, then stop looking at it. Most of us are adults, some should try acting that way. If you get past everything that you can blame the rest of the world for, life goes a lot smoother.

Now, about those whips and chains....................

knine
10-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Now that's not true at all, I hear people referring to each other using that name, so if I use it, I am just calling them by the same name their friends use.

I have never arrested anyone for saying that, nor have I ever arrested anyone for using any other slang terms for other minorities, women included.

I was passing through Arkansas a couple of years ago, I saw a roadside sign that said which group supported the cleanup for that area, guess who it was.... the Ku Klux Klan, should I have been offended because I saw the "words", I mean right there in front of me and everything, I was so insulted, that sign was racist.

Which, seems to be a term we throw around a lot, by posting the letters and the word "klan" does not make it racist, the under tones are there, but it is not "racist".

So since no one knows a lot about my back ground, and you probably want to put me in the same category as Dom, several years back, one of my cousin's was kidnapped by a poor deprived inner city youth (15YO), who ra ped her, placed her in the trunk of the car and set it on fire.

In open juvenile court, the whole thing wasn't his fault and he put the key in the trunk lock before he lit the car, so someone could get her out. That POS got 6 years for his crime. Anything I have to say about that will be 100 times worse than the little trivial crap that Dom posted.

If it offends you, then stop looking at it. Most of us are adults, some should try acting that way. If you get past everything that you can blame the rest of the world for, life goes a lot smoother.

......and if we didn't hold those accountable, it would run rampant. The "broken window" theory. It's all in the context. Now, bring on those whips and chains.;)

-Matt-
10-01-2011, 06:59 PM
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/attachments/south-eastern-united-states/103469d1316030180-dead-horse-test-dead_horse.gif

RacerX
10-01-2011, 07:37 PM
This thread has just about every topic in it. Hmmmm... Something's missing though... Hmmmm... Oh YEAH!!!! BLING!!! :D

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/579/IMG_0742a.jpg

Joe Walsh
10-01-2011, 07:43 PM
If you look at the posts he started then you would see why some members slammed him.

So how do I get a car towed from in front of my place? Log onto the city's web site and read. Duh!

Can my landlord raise my rent? (or what ever) well yes, and so on and so forth. If sure look to me like he wanted the "web site" to think for him.

However call it want you want.

Yep,
And with his banning, Dom can now start his own blog.....as he should have years ago.

:hmmm:...... I wonder how many readers and how much attention he'll get doing that....:rolleyes:

BTW: He is certainly loving this 13 page thread for his 'Last Hurrah'.

Mr. Man
10-01-2011, 09:06 PM
I hope, as I do with every ball year, the Yanks make it all the way to the end!! But yes, the Rays have been doing their thing too! I don't always watch the games but follow the MLB progress and right now.... I'm watching the game and I'm excited!! :beer:

Actually Eric, I hear the word on a daily basis from my coworkers, to walking in the streets to the "songs" on the radio. Is it right, no, but its as if it's become socially acceptable in certain ways unfortunately.

....or a crowded theatre and yell "Fire". There are limits on free speech and the courts have ruled on such. To answer your statement, yes, hate speech is a crime. It is also an "aggravating factor" in the sentencing of other crimes. As far as "until it affects me personally" No, I do not believe that, it's ludicrous to suggest so. If I were that way I wouldn't be a good cop or person. You seem to feel as though I am the only one that was offended by this. Go back and read you will find several.

So since no one knows a lot about my back ground, and you probably want to put me in the same category as Dom, several years back, one of my cousin's was kidnapped by a poor deprived inner city youth (15YO), who ***** her, placed her in the trunk of the car and set it on fire.

I will qualify my statement with the following text

United States
The fighting words doctrine, in United States constitutional law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_constitutional_l aw), is a limitation to freedom of speech (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech) as protected by the First Amendment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Amendment_to_the_United_ States_Constitution) to the United States Constitution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Constitution). In its 9-0 decision, Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaplinsky_v._New_Hampshire) (1942), the U.S. Supreme Court (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Court_of_the_United_St ates) established the doctrine and held that "insulting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insult) or 'fighting words,' those that by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breach_of_the_peace)" are among the "well-defined and narrowly limited classes of speech [that] the prevention and punishment of...have never been thought to raise any constitutional problem."
Chaplinsky decision

Chaplinsky, a Jehovah's Witness (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah%27s_Witnesses), had purportedly told a New Hampshire town marshal who was attempting to prevent him from preaching "You are a God-damned racketeer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeer)" and "a damned fascist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism)" and was arrested. The court upheld the arrest and wrote in its decision that

There are certain well-defined and narrowly limited classes of speech, the prevention and punishment of which have never been thought to raise any constitutional problem. These include the lewd and obscene, the profane, the libelous, and the insulting or "fighting words" those that by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace. It has been well observed that such utterances are no essential part of any exposition of ideas, and are of such slight social value as a step to truth that any benefit that may be derived from them is clearly outweighed by the social interest in order and morality.

— Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire, 1942
Post-Chaplinsky

The court has continued to uphold the doctrine but also steadily narrowed the grounds on which fighting words are held to apply. In Street v. New York (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_v._New_York) (1969),[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_words#cite_note-1) the court overturned a statute prohibiting flag-burning (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_desecration) and verbally abusing the flag, holding that mere offensiveness does not qualify as "fighting words". In similar manner, in Cohen v. California (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cohen_v._California) (1971), Cohen's wearing a jacket that said "**** the draft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opposition_to_the_Vietnam_War)" did not constitute uttering fighting words since there had been no "personally abusive epithets"; the Court held the phrase to be protected speech. In later decisions—Gooding v. Wilson (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Gooding_v._Wil son&action=edit&redlink=1) (1972) and Lewis v. New Orleans (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lewis_v._New_O rleans&action=edit&redlink=1) (1974—the Court invalidated convictions of individuals who cursed police officers, finding that the ordinances in question were unconstitutionally over broad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overbreadth_doctrine).
In R.A.V. v. City of St. Paul (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.A.V._v._City_of_St._Paul) (1992), the Court overturned a statute prohibiting cross burning (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_burning) on the grounds that the specific statute was content-based, and even worse, viewpoint-based, i.e., that the statute limited its proscription only to race, religion, creed, etc. The Court, however, made it repeatedly clear that the City could have pursued "any number" of other avenues, and reaffirmed the notion that "fighting words" could be properly regulated by municipal or state governments.
In Snyder v. Phelps (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snyder_v._Phelps) (2011), dissenting Justice Samuel Alito (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Alito) likened the protests of the Westboro Baptist Church (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church) members to fighting words and of a personal character, and thus not protected speech. The majority disagreed and stated that the protester's speech was not personal but public, and that local laws which can shield funeral attendees from protesters are adequate for protecting those in times of emotional distress.
Incitement vs. fighting words

Incitement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incitement) is a related doctrine, allowing the government to prohibit advocacy of unlawful actions if the advocacy is both intended to and likely to cause immediate breach of the peace. The exception is defined in Brandenburg v. Ohio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandenburg_v._Ohio) (1969), where the Court reversed the conviction of a Ku Klux Klan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan) leader accused of advocating violence against racial minorities and the national government.
The difference between incitement and fighting words is subtle, focusing on the intent of the speaker. Inciting speech is characterized by the speaker's intent to make someone else the instrument of her unlawful will. Fighting words, by contrast, are intended to cause the hearer to react to the speaker.

So as I read this, If I have a bunch of friends who when I announce myself to them I say 'What's up My N-word" That is protected speech. On the other hand if I walk up to a black man and start yelling you MF N that is not protected and is being used to cause a reaction by the recipient of the verbal assault.

SC Cheesehead
10-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Why can't we all just get along?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPMmC0UAnj0

Mr. Man
10-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Why can't we all just get along?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPMmC0UAnj0
I thought we were getting along:confused: So far for the most part this thread has been fairly civil:)

knine
10-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Civil, yes. I like how a group can discuss any topic with civility. :2thumbs:

Go2GuyFL
10-01-2011, 09:58 PM
UAeqVGP-GPM

SC Cheesehead
10-02-2011, 06:42 AM
I thought we were getting along:confused: So far for the most part this thread has been fairly civil:)

It was more of a statement in general.

It's truly unfortunate that something as ugly as racism even exists, but society is what it is.

Phrog_gunner
10-02-2011, 06:52 AM
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/attachments/south-eastern-united-states/103469d1316030180-dead-horse-test-dead_horse.gif

MM Matt, why is that guy beating a sleeping horse?

guspech750
10-02-2011, 07:01 AM
It was more of a statement in general.

It's truly unfortunate that something as ugly as BLUE Marauders even exists, but society is what it is.

I fixed your spelling for you Rex!!! :D

---
- Sent from my iPhone

rayjay
10-02-2011, 07:31 AM

or killed...

Blackened300a
10-02-2011, 07:41 AM
So as I read this, If I have a bunch of friends who when I announce myself to them I say 'What's up My N-word" That is protected speech. On the other hand if I walk up to a black man and start yelling you MF N that is not protected and is being used to cause a reaction by the recipient of the verbal assault.

How about you take a walk around Times square NYC to those militant black guys who taunt white people calling them ethnic slurs, the devil, and any other thing you could think of to further there cause by getting a reaction from people passing by? They get arrested?? No, thats freedom of speech. You are talking about a double standard with your example.
1JAPgqEdgLc

Ms. Denmark
10-02-2011, 07:46 AM
How about you take a walk around Times square NYC to those militant black guys who taunt white people calling them ethnic slurs, the devil, and any other thing you could think of to further there cause by getting a reaction from people passing by? They get arrested?? No, thats freedom of speech. You are talking about a double standard with your example.

These are examples based on things Eric studied at John Jay while getting his degree in Criminal Justice.

rayjay
10-02-2011, 07:57 AM
I used to roll with laughter everytime I was referred to as a "White Devil". Too funny. Words only hurt if they have meaning to the person someone is trying to offend. When all else fails pull the race out of the hat. :rolleyes: That and $1.29 will get a cup off coffee at the Sunoco Mart.

Blackened300a
10-02-2011, 08:09 AM
I used to roll with laughter everytime I was referred to as a "White Devil". Too funny. Words only hurt if they have meaning to the person someone is trying to offend. When all else fails pull the race out of the hat. :rolleyes: That and $1.29 will get a cup off coffee at the Sunoco Mart.

They are still out there, I love when people challenge them then the race card comes out and they play the victim. There are 100's of videos of these morons all over youtube.

mcgyver59
10-02-2011, 08:17 AM
What I find interesting here is this:
If everyone is accusing this guy of being a racist, then why did he omit his own screen name from the list? Any bonified racist would have no problems announcing their feelings, nor deny their involvement in any 'clan'

Its obvious he took a familiar reference to a group of hateful people to convey a point he feels strongly about. Is he stupid? Yes
Racist? No

Congrats to all the butthurt men on here who nailed him to the cross and couldn't mind there own business. Im sure your lives would have never been the same had he not been banned right?

Go take care of your own problems, family, friends, pets before you come on the internet and join in a witch hunt.

Spectragod
10-02-2011, 08:24 AM
If everyone is accusing this guy of being a racist, then why did he omit his own screen name from the list? Any bonified racist would have no problems announcing their feelings, nor deny their involvement in any 'clan'

Its obvious he took a familiar reference to a group of hateful people to convey a point he feels strongly about. Is he stupid? Yes
Racist? No

Congrats to all the butthurt men on here who nailed him to the cross and couldn't mind there own business. Im sure your lives would have never been the same had he not been banned right?

Go take care of your own problems, family, friends, pets before you come on the internet and join in a witch hunt.

+1,000,000 , I couldn't have said it better myself.:beer:

guspech750
10-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Is it cool for a man to wear a pink shirt?

I just saw a guy wearing one.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

SC Cheesehead
10-02-2011, 08:27 AM
Is it cool for a man to wear a pink sock?

I just saw a guy wearing one.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Just thinking of our ol' buddy, Dom, and fixed it for you, bubba.... ;)

Ms. Denmark
10-02-2011, 08:44 AM

Racist? No

I'm going to suggest you butt out of something you have fairly limited knowledge of (based on joining in May 2011 and posting 94 times). Those "butthurt men" are people that I know personally just as I knew Dom and most of the others who have posted here. If you can't say that then keep your opinions to yourself. It's really none of your business. IMHO

Mr. Man
10-02-2011, 08:56 AM
1JAPgqEdgLcRead the case law Paul. I don't make the rules. If you feel personally attacked by one of these guys, react to it and argue your case in court. Unfortunately I'm not sure white people have standing when it comes to being racially abused but I would support you if you want to test the waters in court.:)

jstevens
10-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Yes, well I can say that I've met some very racist people. As I worked for a company where the "other' ones were allowed to sit and eat all day long while us white workers had to bust our butts.

And this was at a non-profit. So, excuse me if I don't get all teary eyed.

kernie
10-02-2011, 09:06 AM
There is so much baloney here on this thread of late...:shake:

My one and only post here.

Phrog_gunner
10-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Yep, here ya go, but it has a happy ending.

Amber-Lamps FTW!!

mcgyver59
10-02-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm going to suggest you butt out of something you have fairly limited knowledge of (based on joining in May 2011 and posting 94 times). Those "butthurt men" are people that I know personally just as I knew Dom and most of the others who have posted here. If you can't say that then keep your opinions to yourself. It's really none of your business. IMHO

Unless you have some racist references you care to share about the banned member, your 'suggestion' to me holds no merit. Because I joined recently and have 95 posts means I can't join into this discussion?

Well miss, in case you didn't put on your thinking cap this morning, is that not a form of racism in itself? You have grouped me into a minority, and you didn't even realize it.

Phrog_gunner
10-02-2011, 09:21 AM
Well miss, in case you didn't put on your thinking cap this morning, is that not a form of racism in itself? You have grouped me into a minority, and you didn't even realize it.

The dictionary is your friend. When you incorrectly use a word like that, people might get the wrong impression that you are ignorant.

mcgyver59
10-02-2011, 09:24 AM

And another point id like to make....
How do you know my knowledge of the subject? How do you know if I haven't lurked here religiously for years? How do you know I don't know the guy?

The only thing you have proven by your posting is that you are an expert at making assumptions.....which ironically ties back into the very reason this thread exists......someone made an assumption.

Happy Sunday.....

mcgyver59
10-02-2011, 09:25 AM
The dictionary is your friend. When you incorrectly use a word like that, people might get the wrong impression that you are ignorant.

I meant to say segregation, thanks for the clarification.

Ms. Denmark
10-02-2011, 09:33 AM
And another point id like to make....
How do you know my knowledge of the subject? How do you know if I haven't lurked here religiously for years? How do you know I don't know the guy?

The only thing you have proven by your posting is that you are an expert at making assumptions.....which ironically ties back into the very reason this thread exists......someone made an assumption.

Happy Sunday.....
Ignorance isn't a crime in my eyes, but it is annoying. Welcome to my ignore list. Even Dom couldn't manage that.:D

guspech750
10-02-2011, 09:41 AM
I saw Casey wearing capris in Louisville.
http://tapatalk.com/mu/6390a39c-941a-160f.jpg

---
- Sent from my iPhone

MM2004
10-02-2011, 10:08 AM
While there have been good discussions and points made in this thread, it has run it's course. IMO.

Thanks to everyone for sharing his or her thoughts on this subject, while maintaining civility.

Mike.