PDA

View Full Version : Fitted Car cover?

guspech750
09-28-2011, 09:08 PM
I wanted to ask the collective if anyone knows of a company(s) that sells fitted covers for our cars.

My thinking is I will be less tempted to drive in the winter because I will be too lazy to take the cover off!!:D

Thanks, Joe

Mr. Man
09-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Check out www.autoanything.com (http://www.autoanything.com). They have a few different brands and styles. Got a Noah from them and it worked out well til the neighborhood cats decided to use it as a scratching post. Check for % off coupons online.

boatmangc
09-29-2011, 03:21 AM
Check out www.autoanything.com (http://www.autoanything.com). They have a few different brands and styles. Got a Noah from them and it worked out well til the neighborhood cats decided to use it as a scratching post. Check for % off coupons online.

+1 I have purchased 3 covers from them, they meet or beat pricing, the covers are Covercraft and fit like a glove.
Although beware of the Weathershield HP I had micro marring on my black paint from the elastic around the edges.
I have 2 of the Sunbrella covers now, good indoors or out.
Machine washable. Love them.

Davesvt2000
09-29-2011, 03:49 AM
california car cover sells some nice ones for our cars.

Haggis
09-29-2011, 04:49 AM
Wait till after MV9, you might win one.

rayjay
09-29-2011, 05:53 AM
Wait till after MV9, you might win one.

Yea, I need a fitted one. Mine blows off too easy. Speaking of cats, I have not even seen the tard next doors cat, no less on my car since I zapped it with an air soft BB the second time I found it sitting on my covered MM.

bolsen
09-29-2011, 06:22 AM
if you use a car cover in the winter and it gets water/ice underneath from moisture buildup, when you take the cover off it could take some of the finish/paint with it. just something to think about.

rayjay
09-29-2011, 06:34 AM
if you use a car cover in the winter and it gets water/ice underneath from moisture buildup, when you take the cover off it could take some of the finish/paint with it. just something to think about.

I would use a spray detailer to eliminate that problem. I never covered mine in the winter when it was a 12 month DD. No sense in it, car was constantly filthy due to the use of sand on the roads here. I started covering mine when it became a toy in 08.

screamn
09-29-2011, 06:46 AM
Custom/fitted covers cost some big bucks. But the pay off is that they fit like a glove & very little problems with fine scratching.

So I say contact Covercraft/Coverking/Budge/or Wolf.

I stick with COSTCO brand because I use it just about everyday. The sun in Hawaii just kills the cover after about 10-12 months even though it has a 2-4 yrs warranty.

These covers are reasonably priced ($40-$60), have hold downs for the front & back of the car. Plus they have the technalon/polypropylene material. So, because I go through at least 1 cover a year, I'm able to get 3-4 COSTCO covers for the price of 1 custom fitted cover. So no need to worry about if it rips or the cats clawing/spraying it.

guspech750
09-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Thanks for all the info fellas. I appreciate it. I will for sure wait untill after MV9 and see if I can win one. If not. I'll buy one.
Thanks again peeps.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

CBT
09-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Thanks for all the info fellas. I appreciate it. I will for sure wait untill after MV9 and see if I can win one. If not. I'll buy one.
Thanks again peeps.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Buy one now, put it on, spray paint it Dark Blue Pearl, drive to Marauderville looking like a real Marauder. WIN!!

jimlam56
09-29-2011, 05:59 PM
California Car Cover makes a good product . Mine lasted for almost 2 years in Florida weather while Sonny Boy #1 was in Afghanistan. His Black MM stayed pretty clean under it.
Finally started dry rotting from the sun/rain.

boatmangc
09-29-2011, 06:09 PM
The Sunbrella is what we use on boat bimini tops and T tops. all sun all the time.
I used one on my Mark 8 when it was my DD. Every day for 4 years in the Fl Keys sun.
$350 ish from autoanything 5 year warranty. The math works.

bhenderson
09-29-2011, 06:13 PM
California Car Cover. They are expensive, but fit perfect and last. Since my Marauder sits outside every day at work, I cover it. I have been using them for years.

guspech750
09-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Buy one now, put it on, spray paint it Dark Blue Pearl, drive to Marauderville looking like a real Marauder. WIN!!

It may look like a Real Marauder. But it sure won't drive like my Boosted DTR!!

Schwing!!

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Bigdogjim
09-29-2011, 07:02 PM

I have used a California car cover - noah - for over 7 years and never had a problem. Mine has been under as much 2 foot of snow.

Bigdogjim
09-29-2011, 07:04 PM
California Car Cover. They are expensive, but fit perfect and last. Since my Marauder sits outside every day at work, I cover it. I have been using them for years.

I have the Noah cover and it's 7 years old and works like a charm!

Well worth the money:)