PDA

View Full Version : MV9 -- Planning to Race at Beaver Springs Dragway

Bluerauder
09-30-2011, 09:07 PM
..... during Marauderville IX (MV9) ??

In case you were wondering.

For those who may not be familiar with the "rules", here's what I found for Beaver Springs Dragway on their website for Friday night racing >>> http://www.beaversprings.com/

"All racers:
Long pants - shorts are prohibited
T-shirt with sleeves to the middle of the arm.
Tank tops are prohibited

13.99 / 100 MPH and faster:
Snell 2000 helmet

11.49 / 120 MPH and faster:
6 point roll bar
Snell approved fire jacket

Drive shaft loop is required;
11.49 and faster
If you run slicks
If you run DOT race tires"

guspech750
09-30-2011, 09:56 PM
Well. I have a DTR. So I don't have to worry about anything except getting beat by a guy on a Segway!!:)

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Mr. Man
09-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Well. I have a DTR. So I don't have to worry about anything except getting beat by a guy on a Segway!!:)

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Don't worry about it. We all know the only way a DTR will break the speed limit is to push it out of a plane:D

DOOM
09-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Don't worry about it. We all know the only way a DTR will break the speed limit is to push it out of a plane:D

LMAO!!! :rofl:

Granddaddy Marq
10-01-2011, 03:41 AM
"All racers:
Long pants - shorts are prohibited
T-shirt with sleeves to the middle of the arm.
Tank tops are prohibited

What! No cutoffs or wife beaters! What's next no mulets. I'll leave the Camaro on blocks in the yard.

Rick-n-Miami
10-01-2011, 04:24 AM
11.49 / 120 MPH and faster:
6 point roll bar
Snell approved fire jacket

Do we know if this is going to be enforced that evening? I'm going to run on the Nitto DR's I'll be driving on, not my normal Mickey T's, and probably 93 octane which will slow me down; but this still concerns me.

droppointalpha
10-01-2011, 05:59 AM
Never drag raced before... Mine is just a stock. I can bring along two CVC helmets. Will I need the "Snell 2000 helmet" or am I interpreting this correct that my stock machine means I do not require such gear?

In addition, I take it a long sleeve shirt is acceptable in place of a short sleeve? I got some fire resistant stuff from work and plain cotton around here somewhere...

SMOKE
10-01-2011, 06:18 AM
^ Stock you will not need a helmet virtually anywhere you go, but it is recommended. I was always of the thought that "I wasn't fast enough" so why get one. That has since changed for other reasons; but a simple lesson taught to me by a very common sense tech inspector made me think.

In short, I may not be fast enough to require one...but what about the car next to me? On test 'n tune days you'd be surprised what you could end up next to, and that guy may be wearing NHRA mandated what-not from head to toe.

As far as a CVC I'm not sure they'd fit the bill.

Long sleeves will work, plus it'll probably be on the cool side at night anyway.

Best,
Jonathan

Blackened300a
10-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Beaver Bob owns the track and in some cases will not be such a stickler for the rules. If you run a high 13, Im sure they are not going to toss you off the track for a helmet infraction.

Also the Drag racing is a additional fee at the track which is not included in the registration cost.
$15 to race/per car load meaning that if you and your friends come and that car is going to be raced, its only $15 for the entire group.
Its $5 to spectate.

rayjay
10-01-2011, 07:29 AM
With my "new" tune I'll be lucky run a under 15... I'm bringing my Xcal 3, hope someone can help get this running better.

DOOM
10-01-2011, 07:43 AM
with my "new" tune i'll be lucky run a under 15 minutes... I'm bringing my xcal 3, hope someone can help get this running better.

***fixed***

:D

Pops
10-01-2011, 07:44 AM
***fixed***

:d

That is funny!:shake:

CBT
10-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Also the Drag racing is a additional fee at the track which is not included in the registration cost.
$15 to race/per car load meaning that if you and your friends come and that car is going to be raced, its only $15 for the entire group.
Its $5 to spectate.

That is too cheap to pass up :beer:

droppointalpha
10-01-2011, 12:18 PM
http://www.militarylogisticsmfg.com/images/pn_40148.gif

Not N-RA rated by anymeans.. but the shell and liner are great for blunt hits... I have 'em simply because I own radio equipment they work with...

I'm not seeing anything faster than 15 me thinks, being stock and all that. Just didn't know if dragging them along is suggested. I don't own anything else.

Shaijack
10-01-2011, 02:56 PM
I have to go buy long pants and a long shirt. What about flame proof underware? lol

rayjay
10-02-2011, 07:34 AM
***fixed***

:D

You're not far off Doom.

jabird56
10-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Overhead pic of the dragway....

vtwoodsman
10-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Kevlar jeans and under pants !!!!

knine
10-02-2011, 03:42 PM

---
- Sent from my iPhone
You're waaaaaaaaaaay too hard on yourself. There's a good chance that segway wont be fully charged. A potential win!! :banana2:

guspech750
10-02-2011, 04:58 PM
You're waaaaaaaaaaay too hard on yourself. There's a good chance that segway wont be fully charged. A potential win!! :banana2:

Good point!! :lol:!!!

---
- Sent from my iPhone

whitey
10-05-2011, 06:24 PM
hey guys, i cant make it to the complete event...but i DO plan on being there!, but i need to know...what time does this start? and can i use the address thats given off the racetracks website to get there? its going to be a 2 hour ride for me, and id hate to get lost...2 hrs away. my car will be stock, except the j-mod has been done, and i have 2 tunes on the xcal 2....which hopefully i can run each of them and find out which one is REALLY faster...:P. im really looking forward to meeting some of you guys in person, and hoping to find somebody to talk to about possibly(if some funds work out) installing a nitrous kit(100 shot/wet). --whitey

Bluerauder
10-05-2011, 07:04 PM
hey guys, i cant make it to the complete event...but i DO plan on being there!, but i need to know...what time does this start? and can i use the address thats given off the racetracks website to get there? its going to be a 2 hour ride for me, and id hate to get lost...2 hrs away. my car will be stock, except the j-mod has been done, and i have 2 tunes on the xcal 2....which hopefully i can run each of them and find out which one is REALLY faster...:P. im really looking forward to meeting some of you guys in person, and hoping to find somebody to talk to about possibly(if some funds work out) installing a nitrous kit(100 shot/wet). --whitey

You aren't gonna make that trip in 2 hours if that's your plan. Its 141 miles and 2 hours 50 minutes .... you may be able to chop it to 2:30 but not likely much less. It's an hour + north of the MV9 host hotel.

HammerDown
10-05-2011, 07:09 PM

Hey, Hey,Hey,Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guspech750
10-05-2011, 07:24 PM

Even then. If it's falling backwards. It will fall slower.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

HammerDown
10-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Even then. If it's falling backwards. It will fall slower.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

NoNoNoNoNo not true.....................

DOOM
10-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Theres just something about a place called "BEAVER SPRINGS"! :D

Rick-n-Miami
10-06-2011, 04:19 AM
Does anyone know if the track sells 100 unleaded, or if there is someplace nearby that does?

SC Cheesehead
10-06-2011, 06:16 AM
Theres just something about a place called "BEAVER SPRINGS"! :D

I expected that out of Casey, not you, Doomie!

BTW, you decided yet if you're gonna attend MV9 or not? ;)

Pops
10-06-2011, 06:20 AM
I expected that out of Casey, not you, Doomie!

BTW, you decided yet if you're gonna attend MV9 or not? ;)

I think he is chicken Rex!;) Afraid someone will have more BLING than him. :censor: Plus MM2004s:bigcry: car is faster than the doomie machine!!!!

SC Cheesehead
10-06-2011, 06:35 AM
I think he is chicken Rex!;) Afraid someone will have more BLING than him. :censor: Plus MM2004s:bigcry: car is faster than the doomie machine!!!!

Didn't wanna bring that up, you know how sensitive Doomie can be... ;)

rayjay
10-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by Mr. Man http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1096359#post1 096359)

I have to use a midget to get out and push to get to 60mph. :D

Blackened300a
10-06-2011, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by Mr. Man http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1096359#post1 096359)

I have to use a midget to get out and push to get to 60mph. :D

Cmon Ray, make him eat those words Friday night at the track. :D

Blackened300a
10-06-2011, 07:02 AM
BTW, there are racing trophies to be handed out for, Best E.T for NA and SC, plus "best reaction time" for those who are stock, but can get the car off the line.

Now you have something to shoot for. ;)

guspech750
10-06-2011, 07:12 AM
BTW, there are racing trophies to be handed out for, Best E.T for NA and SC, plus "best reaction time" for those who are stock, but can get the car off the line.

Now you have something to shoot for. ;)

Is there a trophy for us DTR owners? Slowest Marauder Trophy!!

---
- Sent from my iPhone

CBT
10-06-2011, 07:26 AM
Is there a trophy for us DTR owners? Slowest Marauder Trophy!!

---
- Sent from my iPhone

You already have it :lol:

rayjay
10-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Cmon Ray, make him eat those words Friday night at the track. :D

With my screwed up tune? Not gonna happen. I don't know if the car is even going to shift properly, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't... I give up.

Blackened300a
10-06-2011, 08:27 AM
With my screwed up tune? Not gonna happen. I don't know if the car is even going to shift properly, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't... I give up.

Sounds like a road speed sensor issue. Maybe something on the harness to the tranny is rubbing.

rayjay
10-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Sounds like a road speed sensor issue. Maybe something on the harness to the tranny is rubbing.

Uhmm, started after I received a modified tune. I'm too disgusted to even deal with it. :shake:

Blackened300a
10-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Uhmm, started after I received a modified tune. I'm too disgusted to even deal with it. :shake:

Oh that sucks. :argue:

HammerDown
10-06-2011, 05:03 PM
You already have it :lol:

and I know that I DON'T HAVE IT!!!! I've been testing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D
Don't tell "Fordfrk"