PDA

View Full Version : When you realize your son is grown

05crownsport
10-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Okay, I don't miss many days from work, so today I am licking my wounds after wrestling around with my 17 year old son. Within the last year or so he started taekwondo...and of course I felt this was a sport that was less than tough. Boy was I wrong! Just as we have for years, my son and I get to sparring without making full contact...at least that's the way it's supposed to go down! He was kicking as I moved right and whack...down I went. He tried to stop the kick otherwise he would've kicked me in the chest. He got me in the quadricep... ouchy! I couldn't even stand up. Pain usually doesn't bother me, but this was special ...this pain hurted! It's funny now, and will be for years to come. So I played hooky today to keep from getting hurt worse. I do a lot of climbing up and down on stuff and pictured myself falling off something. So those who have raised boys know what I am talking about...for those of you who have little ones, enjoy the years to come! Even though he hurt me...he's still my little boy and loves me!

Granddaddy Marq
10-03-2011, 12:32 PM
You didn't realize your son is grown up. You realized your an OLD MAN! Welcome to my world:lol:

mercury5
10-03-2011, 12:35 PM
tuff love, that's what we all need, regardless who it comes from

Shaijack
10-03-2011, 12:45 PM
05Crownsport-I know the feeling. My grandson (7yo) is a green belt in JuJutsu and I was at his house and made the mistake of taking a nap in the den. I awoke with great pain in my right wrist. That little bugger had me in a wrist lock and i was yelling at him to let me go and he said "you did not tap out so I kept doing it to you"
I am not a little guy and do have black belts in Judo and Hopkito. I now wear a wrist brace at night. I refuse to lit him know he hurt me. It whould be ok for MVille 9, wax on wax off.

sailsmen
10-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Don't forget the mental training. The most dangerous weapon you have is your mind. Your mind is also the most valuable asset you have.

Granddaddy Marq
10-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Don't forget the mental training. The most dangerous weapon you have is your mind. Your mind is also the most valuable asset you have.

Sounds like that's all he's got left!

Mr. Man
10-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Your son is at school telling his friends his dad will give him the keys and the credit card when ever he wants or he'll kick his ole mans ass. Welcome to the Geezer Gang :D :lol:

05crownsport
10-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Your son is at school telling his friends his dad will give him the keys and the credit card when ever he wants or he'll kick his ole mans ass. Welcome to the Geezer Gang :D :lol:

More than likely that's what happened today. He came home, ate my steak dinner and took my lunch money!:bandit:

dakslim
10-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Okay, I don't miss many days from work, so today I am licking my wounds after wrestling around with my 17 year old son. Within the last year or so he started taekwondo...and of course I felt this was a sport that was less than tough. Boy was I wrong! Just as we have for years, my son and I get to sparring without making full contact...at least that's the way it's supposed to go down! He was kicking as I moved right and whack...down I went. He tried to stop the kick otherwise he would've kicked me in the chest. He got me in the quadricep... ouchy! I couldn't even stand up. Pain usually doesn't bother me, but this was special ...this pain hurted! It's funny now, and will be for years to come. So I played hooky today to keep from getting hurt worse. I do a lot of climbing up and down on stuff and pictured myself falling off something. So those who have raised boys know what I am talking about...for those of you who have little ones, enjoy the years to come! Even though he hurt me...he's still my little boy and loves me!

My 18 year old grandson is taller than and outweighs me by 20 pounds (it ain't fat) so I can't mess with him any more:shake:. You're only 38...you ain't seen nuttin' yet!:P

CBT
10-03-2011, 06:05 PM
He got me in the quadricep... ouchy! I couldn't even stand up. Pain usually doesn't bother me, but this was special ...this pain hurted! It's funny now, and will be for years to come.
lol, "this was special"! Too funny!

My 18 year old grandson is taller than and outweighs me by 20 pounds (it ain't fat) so I can't mess with him any more:shake:. You're only 38...you ain't seen nuttin' yet!:P

Phil that's because you're an 82 year old woman.

carfixer
10-03-2011, 07:50 PM
My 10 year old son just started Taekwondo... Do I start being extra nice to him now or kick his but while I still can??

sailsmen
10-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Kick his butt to keep him in his place.

dakslim
10-04-2011, 05:54 AM
lol, "this was special"! Too funny!

Phil that's because you're an 82 year old woman.

Watch it or I'll send my 6'6" 220# son to deal wit youse!:bop:

CBT
10-04-2011, 05:58 AM

Whoa, 6' 6", wtf? That's like bigdog and mercman sized, lol. He going to Hershey with you?

Haggis
10-04-2011, 08:35 AM

Whoa, 6' 6", wtf? That's like bigdog and mercman sized, lol. He going to Hershey with you?

Everyone looks bigger when your looking up from the seat of a Rascal.

jstevens
10-04-2011, 08:52 AM
My 10 year old son just started Taekwondo... Do I start being extra nice to him now or kick his but while I still can??

Claude,

I think my son was about the same age when he started karate. We even started together. I think it makes a person carry themselves differently.

He stuck it out to 1st degree bb and I went on to get my 2nd degree.

We always would goof around in the house.

So, yes you better woop on him now before its too late, :)

05crownsport
10-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Everyone looks bigger when your looking up from the seat of a Rascal.

Now...that thar is sum funny stuff! :banana:

carfixer
10-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Wow, 2nd degree black belt. Damn, that's a lot of commitment.

It has really settled Josh down. The Master is very good with the kids. His grades have never been better. I sit on the sidelines watching him thinking that I might join him. Wednesday night is family night and there are a lot of parents out there with their kids. Maybe...
Claude,

I think my son was about the same age when he started karate. We even started together. I think it makes a person carry themselves differently.

He stuck it out to 1st degree bb and I went on to get my 2nd degree.

We always would goof around in the house.

So, yes you better woop on him now before its too late, :)

dakslim
10-05-2011, 06:58 AM

Yeah 6'6"...too many Flintstone vitamins methinks. No he's in Ct. I'm not going to Hershey...Rita and I are going to Nashville for a Marine reunion next week. I'll be at the next Marauderville though and Kentucky too.

CBT
10-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Yeah 6'6"...too many Flintstone vitamins methinks. No he's in Ct. I'm not going to Hershey...Rita and I are going to Nashville for a Marine reunion next week. I'll be at the next Marauderville though and Kentucky too.

Well we will miss you, brother! :beer: