PDA

View Full Version : Busy Day Today

MM2004
10-04-2011, 12:29 PM
...started at 7:30 as I left my place for an 8:00 appointment with my Periodontist for a check-up and cleaning.

Went well right up until they ran out of time, and now I must go back in about a month.

Oh well. Back to my place for a bit.

Took off at 11:00AM for an eye examination scheduled for 11:30.

Picked out my frames, eyes checked, and new glasses in about a weeks time.

All's well thus far.

Left there to for my next and final appointment scheduled at 1:15 with my family physician.

I was told they had me down for tomorrow, and I know for a fact it was today.

My doctor made time for me this afternoon and right at 1:15.

:cool:

The bad..

I have always had slightly high blood pressure - ~135-145/85-95 range, and Charlotte has been on me to get it addressed.

Sooo,... I checked at ~160/100 and my doctor quikly wrote a script for Lisinopril - 10MG and scheduled me for a return in 3 weeks for a complete blood work/physical.

Really glad I took the day off and got all of this done.

Wiith the recent passing of my Brother-in-Law (high BP) that led to a stroke, I do not want that to happen to me.

Looks like a pill a day for the rest of my life is in order.

Mike.

SC Cheesehead
10-04-2011, 12:35 PM
...started at 7:30 as I left my place for an 8:00 appointment with my Periodontist for a check-up and cleaning.

Went well right up until they ran out of time, and now I must go back in about a month.

All's well thus far.

Left there to for my next and final appointment scheduled at 1:15 with my family physician.

The bad..

I have always had slightly high blood pressure - ~135-145/85-95 range, and Charlotte has been on me to get it addressed.

Sooo,... I checked at ~160/100 and my doctor quikly wrote a script for Lisinopril - 10MG and scheduled me for a return in 3 weeks for a complete blood work/physical.

Wiith the recent passing of my Brother-in-Law (high BP) that led to a stroke, I do not want that to happen to me.

Mike.

Join the club... ;)

Glad to hear that the doctor's treating it, don't wanna mess around with your health.

Chayton
10-04-2011, 12:42 PM
wow, sounds like a stressful day. I got my wisdom teeth removed the other day so im taking the day off as well. For some reason they would not give me any Vicodin, so im in alot of pain. Hope you feel better Mike, sorry to hear about your brother. I can assure you things can be alot worse than a pill a day, so dont worry too much about it, and enjoy the life you have.

gdsqdcr
10-04-2011, 01:18 PM
I am on the pill-a-day routine as well. Mine is for cholestero ... BP is pretty steady at 120/80 except for when I see my onsite doctor ... 140/90. Everywhere else, in the field, working out ... etc ... 120/80

Mr. Man
10-04-2011, 01:31 PM
...started at 7:30 as I left my place for an 8:00 appointment with my Periodontist for a check-up and cleaning. Had to drive the DTR next door so I left a 1/2 hour early.

Oh well. Back to my place for a bit, a bit shorter of a drive as I had a tailwind.:banana:

Took off at 11:00AM for an eye examination scheduled for 11:30. This was two doors down so I left plenty of time for the DTR to get me there.

All's well thus far.

I was told they had me down for tomorrow ( they know I have a DTR):lol:, and I know for a fact it was today.

My doctor made time for me this afternoon and right at 1:15. Good thing I had time as this was three doors down and I had to floor it to make the distance and be there by 1:15. I cut it close but just made it.

The bad..

I have always had slightly high blood pressure - ~135-145/85-95 range, and Charlotte has been on me to get it addressed. Tonite she is cooking me Southern Fried Chicken w/ gravy, Fried chitlins, and double fried Apple fritters for dinner. I'll wash It all down w/sweet tea. I hate being on a low BP diet but Charlotte knows best.:)

Sooo,... I checked at ~160/100 and my doctor quickly wrote a script for Lisinopril - 10MG and told me to go buy a Black Marauder. He scheduled me for a return in 3 weeks for a complete blood work/physical/ brain examination( looking for the tumor that made me buy a DTR in the first place).

Really glad I took the day off and got all of this done. I know the slowness of the DTR and the constant ribbing I get from Doom and Mr. Man and the rest of you DTR haters really gets to me so I have to learn to let it go. My doctor suggested I get a Black MM so I am always early for my appointments and that should ease some of my BP issue.

With the recent passing of my Brother-in-Law (high BP) that led to a stroke, I do not want that to happen to me.

Looks like a pill a day for the rest of my life is in order, or buy a Black Marauder

Mike. Fixed.......

Sorry to here about your B-in-Law. I say take your doc's advice and get the Black MM:D

vkirkend
10-04-2011, 01:38 PM

All's well thus far.

The bad..

Mike.

My motto is: BETTER LIVING THRU CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES!!! I plan on spending all my families inheritence. :cool4:

RacerX
10-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Hey Mike. I've been on Lisinopril for about seven years now. BP is great. When I was diagnosed, it was 185/110! I used to drink a 2liter of Mountain Dew a day and pound a 12 pack a night years ago. Lots of salt and crappy food. The day I found out... I've probably had a 12 pack of Moluntain Dew total in those 7 years. Less salt, more exercise, lots of water, no junk food and a pill a day. I have the added hydrochlorothiazide (diarhetic) in mine. I know you don't want to hear it: LESS ALCOHOL! I relax with it here and there and don't drink like a college grad anymore, not saying you do, just saying. :beer:

Bigdogjim
10-04-2011, 02:34 PM
I am also controlled by meds:) Been about 40 years for me.

Still I am sure everything will work out!

MERCMAN
10-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Why didn't the doctor give you a pill to tone down your ADD? LOL

DOOM
10-04-2011, 04:28 PM
No more ribs for you! :D

Take it easy bro. :beer:

kernie
10-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Daily 3-6-9, garlic gelcaps, coenzyme Q-10, bee pollen, milkweed extract {if you drink much}, grape seed extract, st. johns wort are a daily staple for me now. I can't say all are effective but as a group they have done wonders for me over the last 5 or 6 years.

Your doctor should be asked although it's not mainstream medicine so expect little endorsment.

:beer:

CBT
10-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Hope it takes care of it! :beer:

Bigdogjim
10-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Hey Mike just give up all the foods you love:lol:

Drewstang
10-04-2011, 08:33 PM
You should celebrate your old age and keep your heart young by buying an infamous black Marauder.

CBT
10-05-2011, 03:27 AM
You should celebrate your old age and keep your heart young by buying an infamous black Marauder.

lol, nice :beer:

rayjay
10-05-2011, 05:48 AM
+1 on the Lisinopril - 10MG, works for me. My BP was also always borderline until my daughter was mauled by the neighbor's dog 4 years ago this month. It spiked big time that night (210-110, sustained) and never went back into the normal range again without help.

Ms. Denmark
10-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Fixed.......

Sorry to here about your B-in-Law. I say take your doc's advice and get the Black MM:D
Mr. Man I love the way you" fixed "it! :D

J-MAN
10-05-2011, 05:13 PM
About 15 years ago I went to the doctors for a sinus infection and when they checked my blood pressure it was 212/150. :eek: He wanted to put me in the hospital, but after 4 pills under my tongue spaced 15 minutes apart it came down to where he would let me go back to work. Been taking drugs since then and my BP is in the 120/80-110/70 range at my check ups.

MM2004
10-05-2011, 05:23 PM
About 15 years ago I went to the doctors for a sinus infection and when they checked my blood pressure it was 212/150. :eek: He wanted to put me in the hospital, but after 4 pills under my tongue spaced 15 minutes apart it came down to where he would let me go back to work. Been taking drugs since then and my BP is in the 120/80-110/70 range at my check ups.

Damn!

Glad you have it under control.

;)

Took my first pill last night - 6:00PM, and checked my BP today after I got home from work around 5:00PM to see a 140/78.

Hopefully, it will continue to drop a bit over the next few weeks, or my Dr. will have to 'customize' the meds a bit more?

I have to admit after not feeling up to par the past couple of weeks, I can now say I feel better after just one day.

Coincidence?

Mike.