PDA

View Full Version : title question, notary, PA others???

Thomas C Potter
10-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Sold my fatners car to an out of state person. PA title has a notary block for witness of seller and buyer. How do we do this without the new buyer coming to PA???

Comin' in Hot
10-09-2011, 07:26 PM
I would think you need to have the title signed at a notary so they could stamp/ imprint it. Also make sure you get a receipt or a paper that has the name of the person that notorized it and a stamp/imprint.

fastblackmerc
10-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Sold my fatners car to an out of state person. PA title has a notary block for witness of seller and buyer. How do we do this without the new buyer coming to PA???

Typically the notary has to witness / see both the seller and buyer sign the document.

Do you know someone who is a notary?

I have friends / insurance agent / credit union that will notarize anything I bring to them.

You could send the document to the buyer, get them to get their signature notarized, send it back to you, then you get it notarized.

Mr. Man
10-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Sold my father's car to an out of state person. PA title has a notary block for witness of seller and buyer. How do we do this without the new buyer coming to PA???
I bought my MM from a fellow in Pa and I live in NJ. Didn't have to notarize anything. The seller filled out his info(name,address etc) and I filled in mine(same as seller). Took it to the NJDMV and they gave me a new title, plates etc.

fastblackmerc
10-09-2011, 08:42 PM
I would think you need to have the title signed at a notary so they could stamp/ imprint it. Also make sure you get a receipt or a paper that has the name of the person that notorized it and a stamp/imprint.

I bought my MM from a fellow in Pa and I live in NJ. Didn't have to notarize anything. The seller filled out his info(name,address etc) and I filled in mine(same as seller). Took it to the NJDMV and they gave me a new title, plates etc.

Different states have different requirements.