PDA

View Full Version : crownvic.net

BirchMarauder
10-10-2011, 06:32 AM
I registered almost 2 weeks ago at crownvic.net and my account hasn't been activated yet by an administrator. I tried to use the contact us link but the email came right back to me. Anyone know anything else I can do?

MM2004
10-10-2011, 06:34 AM
If you know someone that is a member, they could shoot a PM to one of the MODS asking to take a look at your screen-name for approval.

;)

MIke.

BirchMarauder
10-10-2011, 06:37 AM
don't know any members specifically but maybe I can draw one out.

MM2004
10-10-2011, 06:39 AM
don't know the any members specifically but maybe I can draw one out.

I would bet someone on here is a member and could help you out.

Mike.

SGT_MERC
10-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Are you using the same screen name as here? I'm a member, but it took almost 3 weeks for my account to be activated. Who knows...

Serge
10-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Mods are not able to activate new member registrations, only SteveS who is an administrator can do that.

Last I've heard he's been having health issues.

BirchMarauder
10-10-2011, 07:33 AM
BirchMarauder was the name I registered with.

Chevyguy
10-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Mods are not able to activate new member registrations, only SteveS who is an administrator can do that.

Last I've heard he's been having health issues.

Heard this a few times now

You've drawn a few CVN members out now there goes the neighborhood. Lol i've been there since 2003

Serge
10-10-2011, 08:48 AM
What do you mean I've drawn CVN members out?

Fourth Horseman
10-10-2011, 09:29 AM
What do you mean I've drawn CVN members out?

We're closet cvn members. :lol:

BirchMarauder
10-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Is there someone I can email, or someone can email for me to get activated? do I just need to sit back and relax and wait. I totally understand if the head honcho is ill.

Billy
10-10-2011, 10:59 AM
No. You just need to wait. There's currently no way to contact SteveS.

RF Overlord
10-10-2011, 12:03 PM
I hope Steve is doing OK...I signed up there in '02 even before I knew about this place...

(...back when ronman was King. ;) )

Guittard22
10-12-2011, 05:19 AM
I am a member there I have a crown vic still with a bad trans. I know about a year ago or two the top member/owner died and his wife was trying to open files and give other top members pass codes to update the site not sure if they fixed it but if it's been 2 years I would hope it would be .

Guittard22
10-12-2011, 05:22 AM
I hope Steve is doing OK...I signed up there in '02 even before I knew about this place...

(...back when ronman was King. ;) )

If he was the owner steve I think he past away rip to the guy that truly loved crown Victoria .

a_d_a_m
10-12-2011, 12:56 PM
Steve is not dead, unless it happened in the past week.

bolsen
10-12-2011, 01:03 PM
CV.net is a good site.

Georges93LX
10-12-2011, 01:04 PM
BirchMarauder was the name I registered with.

Well, there's your problem.........:D I don't think Steve likes anything Silver Birch.

Bradley G
10-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Ya' you're Doomed! :bs:

Well, there's your problem.........:D I don't think Steve likes anything Silver Birch.

Bradley G
10-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Boy, I sure hope not!
Steve is not dead, unless it happened in the past week.

BirchMarauder
10-12-2011, 04:32 PM
I guess I can get around not being a member and Google search what I'm looking for and hope I get a crownvic page. I saw a mod someone did over there to the turn signal relay to switch it to an electronic one do I don't have to use resistors on the actual bulb harness wiring.

MeanMachine
10-12-2011, 07:57 PM
why is the security so tight? Do crown vics incite that much controversy among the masses?

It's not like it's an abortion forum...There's a DTR joke in there somewhere.

sanco
10-13-2011, 03:35 AM
I guess I can get around not being a member and Google search what I'm looking for and hope I get a crownvic page. I saw a mod someone did over there to the turn signal relay to switch it to an electronic one do I don't have to use resistors on the actual bulb harness wiring.

i did the mod, you basically install the electronic flasher right by the LCM by splicing a couple of wires. after that you can put LEDs in any turn signal or brake light without using resistors.

sanco
10-13-2011, 03:35 AM
let me rephrase that, i was one of the people that did it...wasn't the first lol

PonyUP
10-13-2011, 04:03 AM
why is the security so tight? Do crown vics insight that much controversy among the masses?

It's not like it's an abortion forum...There's a DTR joke in there somewhere.

Not sure what goes on over there on CV. When I was trying to sell my Vic I tried to get a membership over there 3 times. That was a year and a half ago, still waiting for the account to be verified

justbob
10-13-2011, 09:05 AM
That place has always been a joke to try and sign up on.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

cougar9150
10-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Yup been waiting nearly two years to be approved. I got no response when I emailed them to see what was taking so long. After 3 emails with no response I stopped trying

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

mike P71
10-13-2011, 10:55 AM
Same thing happened to me about a year ago. It took weeks to get activated but afterwards all was well

Serge
10-13-2011, 06:57 PM
i did the mod, you basically install the electronic flasher right by the LCM by splicing a couple of wires. after that you can put LEDs in any turn signal or brake light without using resistors.

If you swap out all the brake lights including the CHMSL for LEDs you will lose your cruise control. LCM needs to have at least one bulb or bulb simulator for the cruise control to work.

blackhueys
10-14-2011, 07:33 AM
I will see whats up I have an account over there. Sounds like a few of you have some issues joining not sure whats up but will send an admin a PM about it and also a link to this post. Ok sent a pm to Steve, one to administrator and also one to the actual email address going to wait and see if that helps you all out if not I will start a new post in one of the forums over there about whats going on. It is a great site and I have been there for a few years when I signed up I was approved within 2 days so not sure whats up?

PonyUP
10-14-2011, 10:19 AM
I will see whats up I have an account over there. Sounds like a few of you have some issues joining not sure whats up but will send an admin a PM about it and also a link to this post. Ok sent a pm to Steve, one to administrator and also one to the actual email address going to wait and see if that helps you all out if not I will start a new post in one of the forums over there about whats going on. It is a great site and I have been there for a few years when I signed up I was approved within 2 days so not sure whats up?

Not understanding how it takes days to register when every other forum takes minutes

TAKEDOWN
10-14-2011, 10:41 AM
I'd pm Sanco.

BirchMarauder
10-14-2011, 10:46 AM
You gotta be approved..can't just be having every Tom Dick & Harry becoming a member..lol

massacre
10-14-2011, 01:32 PM

BirchMarauder
10-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Thanks to Sanco, I did get some information that I was looking for.

sanco
10-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Don't waste your time waiting to be approved.
Unless you need advice on installing stuff like Go Rhino pushbars, police spotlights, or 2V ported plenums, you're better off just asking over here or maybe one of the other Panther-related web forums.
There are enough members here who can probably help you out, as you have already seen.

that's a really *****y comment to make, maybe if you took some time to look around you wouldnt just yap your mouth.

man some of you are really hostile to CVN i really dont know what your problem is but i can guarantee you that site has more panther platform related answers than any other. if you disagree then you didnt take time to search.

i am a mod of one of the sections there, unfortunately we cant do anything to approve membership status. Also we don't have any real answer what the hell is going on either. until we know for sure or until something is done, we can't do anything for new members looking to join...

RF Overlord
10-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Unless you need advice on installing stuff like Go Rhino pushbars, police spotlights, or 2V ported plenums, you're better off just asking over here or maybe one of the other Panther-related web forums.
While that may have been the case years ago, it most certainly isn't that way now. I'm there a lot, even though I don't post much, and there are a number of very good people who give excellent advice and help.

Fourth Horseman
10-14-2011, 06:44 PM
While that may have been the case years ago, it most certainly isn't that way now. I'm there a lot, even though I don't post much, and there are a number of very good people who give excellent advice and help.

^^^ What RF said. It's a great site with a lot of really good people.

ludwigvan968
10-14-2011, 11:04 PM
When I joined CVN it happened relatively quickly... Sorry to hear others are having problems. The Body of Knowledge on that site is truly awesome and to say that they have helped me with me build would be an understatement!

SC Cheesehead
10-15-2011, 04:15 AM
Agreed, good info over there. IIRC, the original LCM relay fix thread was from CVN. I don't spend a lot of time over there, but good info when I need it.

massacre
10-15-2011, 07:30 AM
man some of you are really hostile to CVN i really dont know what your problem is

Hey dude it's my opinion. Sorry it's not the same as yours.

Bradley G
10-15-2011, 08:01 AM
It took me a while to get privilages to log on CV.net , it was well worth the wait!
Excellent resource for parts, info and good comeradere

PonyUP
10-15-2011, 08:36 AM
It took me a while to get privilages to log on CV.net , it was well worth the wait!
Excellent resource for parts, info and good comeradere

I tried twice over a year ago to get verified, never heard back. I'm sure there is great info and great people, but verification shouldn't take days much less a year, so to me, they can keep it

massacre
10-15-2011, 10:13 AM
The inmates are running the asylum over there. Not the great place it once was.

massacre
10-15-2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks to Sanco, I did get some information that I was looking for.

Sanco is the man. :)

Chayton
10-19-2011, 10:55 PM
when i joined a year or two ago, it too took forever to get registered, even to the point where I emailed the admin or something.

ShadyLurker
10-20-2011, 12:52 AM
The site Admin/owner has health issues. No one has heard from him in a bit. He is the only one who approves new members.

BirchMarauder
10-31-2011, 08:05 AM
I just got approved!!! Woohoo!

a_d_a_m
10-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Congrats and welcome to CVN.