PDA

View Full Version : Bullcrap ticket

cvpiftw
10-12-2011, 10:12 AM
I got popped by a ISPer ..... My girl had no belt and I did.... she was unfortunately being all clingyish and trying to hug me, ISP pulled up... Started to follow me, pulled off, he popped me on the ramp. He wrote me AND her up, took both our DLs and said we both were not wearin belts. I was actually wearing mine... she wasnt.

He said my brown car was silver on the ticket. Any chance of getting it thrown out? Im the outta state ticket king, never got one in IL except for parking tickets. I was very respectful to the officer, yes sir no sir, Asked if it was okay to reach for my wallet and DL and insurance stuff (I live in chicago, CPD does not like sudden movements).... But yeah. I really dont feel like paying it especially when I WAS wearing my belt and my dipshit girlfriend was not...

RacerX
10-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Make her buy you dinner, tell her she has to wear her belt too and call it a day.

cvpiftw
10-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Yeah, I know. I just really dont need this on my record is my issue.

Da Dark Jedi
10-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Does it state what dollar amount or fine??? The news just said last week the city and state gets 70% of its revenue from traffic violations. Hit me with a PM and I'll send you my Lawyers number so you may talk to him (he's reasonably priced), meaning I like his price compared to others.

ctrlraven
10-12-2011, 10:46 AM
If there is no points for the ticket, just make your girl pay the fine and move on then.

cvpiftw
10-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Its not points, its an issue of it showing up on my MVR in general. I need a crystal clear MVR. Long story short, I am trying to get into a job and ANYTHING on your MVR will DQ you. Its a no points but shows up on record ticket.

MrBluGruv
10-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Working towards being a mechanic or a rig driver?

cvpiftw
10-12-2011, 10:53 AM
No, More towards the medical field....Transplant of vital organs.

MrBluGruv
10-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Ahh. Yeh a buddy of mine was in school to be a mechanic until multiple instructors told him he could never get a job if his record had blemishes because the mechanics have to be insured and they wouldn't insure him if he had a record.

As fate would have it, not even a week after he dropped out of that school, he came back home and got a job as a mechanic at a local dealership. Since then, a major national car selling chain noticed him an OFFERED HIM a job.

Talk about luck in doing what you love. :P

Da Dark Jedi
10-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Did you give the Lawyer a call??? What did he say???

rayjay
10-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Plead not guilty to your ticket and ask to speak with the ADA. Explain about your situation and he may cut you a break.

RacerX
10-12-2011, 01:34 PM
No, More towards the medical field....Transplant of vital organs.
And she wasn't wearing a seat belt in your car? :nono:
Either get a lawyer or eat it. Not many choices here.

Plead not guilty to your ticket and ask to speak with the ADA. Explain about your situation and he may cut you a break.
+1 Get to court a little early and talk with him!

Da Dark Jedi
10-12-2011, 04:04 PM

The ADA won't speak with the defendent and showing up early won't help because the doors are locked. In Illinois it may be an unwritten law that states "It is the driver of the vehicle that must ensure the passengers are buckled up". The worst part is that CPD does not buckle up. What's the range for this fine??

MOTOWN
10-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Dont waste your money on a lawyer, make a court date, and explain your situation to the judge/magistrate, and the trooper who wrote who will also be there if you make a court date(which i strongly recomend) you should be fine.

Da Dark Jedi
10-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Dont waste your money on a lawyer, make a court date, and explain your situation to the judge/magistrate, and the trooper who wrote who will also be there if you make a court date(which i strongly recomend) you should be fine.

The court date is on the ticket and yes he can hope the officer doesn't show up. The only way to explain the case is to plea "not guilty", at that point the judge will ask are you ready to plea your case. For the last five years or so Illinois have been running ads on TV, radio and posters "click it or ticket". They'll probably give him supervision and a fine, it won't show as a moving violation but may show on his MVR. This is what he wants to protect! I hope you're not suggesting that he save his own hide and throw his GF "under the bus", she may need leagel advice also.

In my case people were telling me I did not need a Lawyer also, two cousins and a friend whos on the CPD said save the money and I'll be sent to traffic school. Glad I did not listen to them. Yes I paid a fine & Lawyer cost but it's not on my record or MVR. Because of the excessive speed the city did not handle the case but it was kicked upstairs to the state. The first thing the Judge said when he sat down was "if you don't have a Lawyer you better get one". Glad I had one, Thanks to 1Badmerc. Don't think that the officer will let you question him, the city or state attorney will answer all the questions since the ticket was issued while he was on duty.

What I learned is that LEO's while they have good intentions are advising people are not lincense to practice law in the state.

cvpiftw
10-12-2011, 08:28 PM
The officer claimed i was not wearing my belt when I was was the issue. Her, she can handle the ticket. Its not the points, but its my actual MVR that is the concern.

Da Dark Jedi
10-12-2011, 08:50 PM
The officer claimed i was not wearing my belt when I was was the issue. Her, she can handle the ticket. Its not the points, but its my actual MVR that is the concern.

Dude, you know Illinois is in a budget hole (just like other states) and these kinds of tickets generates REVENUE. Did you at least call the guy I pm'd you about and ask his advice? What about your GF, is the relationship about every person for themself? Find out what the fine will be and will there be court cost applied also. I paid court cost and no fine and my record stays clean. Thats the price I paid.

cvpiftw
10-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Im giving the guy a call tomorrow for sure my friend, I just have had no downtime today to do so. I am not sure how long the conversation will be with him so i dont want to be an idiot and hang up prematurely on the person....

As far as her handing the ticket, i mean its a no points violation and her DL is NOT critical to her job.

MOTOWN
10-12-2011, 11:41 PM
The court date is on the ticket and yes he can hope the officer doesn't show up. The only way to explain the case is to plea "not guilty", at that point the judge will ask are you ready to plea your case. For the last five years or so Illinois have been running ads on TV, radio and posters "click it or ticket". They'll probably give him supervision and a fine, it won't show as a moving violation but may show on his MVR. This is what he wants to protect! I hope you're not suggesting that he save his own hide and throw his GF "under the bus", she may need leagel advice also.

In my case people were telling me I did not need a Lawyer also, two cousins and a friend whos on the CPD said save the money and I'll be sent to traffic school. Glad I did not listen to them. Yes I paid a fine & Lawyer cost but it's not on my record or MVR. Because of the excessive speed the city did not handle the case but it was kicked upstairs to the state. The first thing the Judge said when he sat down was "if you don't have a Lawyer you better get one". Glad I had one, Thanks to 1Badmerc. Don't think that the officer will let you question him, the city or state attorney will answer all the questions since the ticket was issued while he was on duty.

What I learned is that LEO's while they have good intentions are advising people are not lincense to practice law in the state.

For the sake of the op ill explain this once more, as i said 1st off make a court date, and at that point when you appear in court the trooper will also appear, you can ask to the judge to simply pay the fine with no points, and explain in detail why you dont want the points, or for this to show on your driving record, take responsibility for the ticket as you were at fault, but after explaining your situation the judge will understand.
and i never said anything about throwing anyone under the bus, i have never seen a prosecuter in court for a traffic ticket!
its the offender, the officer/trooper who wrote you, and a judge/magistrate,
as i said a lawyer is a total waste of money, you can explain/plead your case the same or better than a lawyer.
and i wouldnt consider fighting a ticket practicing law! this isnt a murder case!:confused:

Da Dark Jedi
10-13-2011, 03:30 AM
For the sake of the op ill explain this once more, as i said 1st off make a court date, and at that point when you appear in court the trooper will also appear, you can ask to the judge to simply pay the fine with no points, and explain in detail why you dont want the points, or for this to show on your driving record, take responsibility for the ticket as you were at fault, but after explaining your situation the judge will understand.
and i never said anything about throwing anyone under the bus, i have never seen a prosecuter in court for a traffic ticket!
its the offender, the officer/trooper who wrote you, and a judge/magistrate,
as i said a lawyer is a total waste of money, you can explain/plead your case the same or better than a lawyer.
and i wouldnt consider fighting a ticket practicing law! this isnt a murder case!:confused:

There will be a prosecuter in court for this offence. I was just there last week at the Daley center (downtown Chicago). There was one down stairs thats where the city is and one upstairs for the state. Thats the Chicago/Illinois way, maybe not for the people in Detroit. He broke the law by not having his passengers in a seatbelt. This is what I saw senior person driving without insurance she pleaded her case was still found guilty, fine $260.00, she was given 60days to pay plus supervision. Another person ran one stop sign, he pleaded "not guilty" said "he saw the LEO sitting there and the Leo followed him for close to a mile before pulling him over" told this to the Judge, the man tried to question the officer right there on the spot but the city attorney did ALL the response to the questioning, he got $160.00 fine. Two years ago the various gas stations tISP would fill the state cars using the state issued gas cards were being turned down because the state would not pay the station. Also state employees have not had a raise in two years.

Now maybe he does not have to come into Chicago and go to the surrounding towns, if thats the case take your chance, I don't know how they operate. But someone will pay! My final say in this, seek advice from a Lawyer then make your decision. In Illinois he does not make the court date it's on the ticket when issued. The OP can argue that the LEO in question is wrong about him not wear a belt but thats border line. I had a video tape of the HYWY I was on and was not allowed to show it.

I'm glad I had one and got advice from him to make a sound decision!

Call the State of Illinois and see what the fine is, probably $250 -$500.

RacerX
10-13-2011, 05:47 AM
A little food for thought. Your girlfriend is a witness that you had yours on and she did not. At least there's more than just your testimony for your actions. 2 to 1 may get you off. :beer:

yjmud
10-13-2011, 05:50 AM
IL still does not have points

Talk with a lawyer

Da Dark Jedi
10-13-2011, 06:38 AM
update!!! This is a $25.00 fine and not a moving violation. You can confirm by calling

630 / 693 - 0551 option #0

This is SOS State of Illinois!

rayjay
10-17-2011, 04:54 AM
The ADA won't speak with the defendent and showing up early won't help because the doors are locked. In Illinois it may be an unwritten law that states "It is the driver of the vehicle that must ensure the passengers are buckled up". The worst part is that CPD does not buckle up. What's the range for this fine??

Jurisdictions operate differently, even within a state.

As far as CPD not wearing their belts, ever try to wear one with full equipment on and get out of the car in a hurry? In NYS, emergency vehicles were exempt from the law when I was on the job. I'll admit it, I only buckled up if someone took off on me. :(

CBT
10-17-2011, 05:11 AM
I got popped by a ISPer ..... My girl had no belt and I did.... she was unfortunately being all clingyish and trying to hug me, ISP pulled up... Started to follow me, pulled off, he popped me on the ramp. He wrote me AND her up, took both our DLs and said we both were not wearin belts. I was actually wearing mine... she wasnt.

He said my brown car was silver on the ticket. Any chance of getting it thrown out? Im the outta state ticket king, never got one in IL except for parking tickets. I was very respectful to the officer, yes sir no sir, Asked if it was okay to reach for my wallet and DL and insurance stuff (I live in chicago, CPD does not like sudden movements).... But yeah. I really dont feel like paying it especially when I WAS wearing my belt and my dipshit girlfriend was not...

You want to haul dead human organs but are bragging about being the "outta state ticket king" and now you want to know how to get out of a "bullcrap ticket" you got because you couldn't make your live human passenger put on a seat belt? :confused: This should go in the joke of the day thread.

MrBluGruv
10-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Ahh, traffic court.

"guilty until proven innocent."

Honestly, (and not to be offensive here, or trying not to at least), if your GF is worth it she'll try to not **** you over by getting YOU a citation for something SHE did, no matter how trivial or ridiculous the citation may be.

I have a name for women like that: "EX"