PDA

View Full Version : RIP silver Birch

loud2004marquis
10-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Happened this morning 2 miles from my work, 2 hours into my workday...http://theoaklandpress.com/articles/2011/10/12/news/local_news/doc4e9465bec2cf1454787594.txt

slickster
10-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Oh yea it's the cops fault never mind the fact that a young kid took his dads hotrod out for a joy ride. Oh and he was also a nice kid no seat belts doing 80

kernie
10-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Sad, "80 MPH thru a stopsign" on little streets like that.

RIP. :(

Spectragod
10-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Wow..... that car is destroyed, what a shame for the guy who lost his life.:depress:

Marauder Rick
10-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Oh yea it's the cops fault never mind the fact that a young kid took his dads hotrod out for a joy ride. Oh and he was also a nice kid no seat belts doing 80
Are you serious? A kid died and you can only think of negative things to say about him. That dude wasnt BLAMING the cops. The logic behind what he said is the same as the logic of traffic light speed cameras. You're less likely to do something dangerous if chances of you getting caught are higher ie. run a red light, or do 80 down a residential street. And BTW, making a bad decision doesnt make you a BAD kid, so yes, he probably was a very good kid whos 1st real BAD decision cost him his life. Theres a woman who lost her son to a Fing joyride. How about feeling sorry for her. Even the car can be replaced. There was only one of that kid made, not 11,052.

bigmerc281
10-12-2011, 06:50 PM
May he rest in peace. Such a young soul laid to rest . Makes me think twice when I decide punch it just to hear the engine scream

RacerX
10-12-2011, 06:52 PM
That's really sad. I feel bad for the families, but, that's suicidal running through city streets like that. I hope the passenger pulls through. It's lucky no kids were playing in the path of destruction.

Vortex
10-12-2011, 08:07 PM
I read about this stuff and then remember all the dumb, stupid stuff I did in a car before I was maybe 25. RIP to the driver.

Cobra25
10-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Its a sad story, may he rest in peace & condolence to all who knew him.

slickster
10-13-2011, 07:13 AM
Are you serious? A kid died and you can only think of negative things to say about him. That dude wasnt BLAMING the cops. The logic behind what he said is the same as the logic of traffic light speed cameras. You're less likely to do something dangerous if chances of you getting caught are higher ie. run a red light, or do 80 down a residential street. And BTW, making a bad decision doesnt make you a BAD kid, so yes, he probably was a very good kid whos 1st real BAD decision cost him his life. Theres a woman who lost her son to a Fing joyride. How about feeling sorry for her. Even the car can be replaced. There was only one of that kid made, not 11,052.
ofcourse its a said thing but on a higher note hes actions also almost took another life i bet if that person died you would of thought hmm hes actions where crazy but doing 80 in a street risking he's life as well as others and does not have the decency to say hi passenger put your belt on im doing something really crazy you should not die because of my dumas. so just so you know cause i dont think you do when you do something crazy like that on the road yea its said cause you died of your crazy actions but its also more said that innocent people died

2,4shofast
10-13-2011, 07:15 AM
Well said Rick...

Captain Dynball
10-13-2011, 07:19 AM
ofcourse its a said thing but on a higher note hes actions also almost took another life i bet if that person died you would of thought hmm hes actions where crazy but doing 80 in a street risking he's life as well as others and does not have the decency to say hi passenger put your belt on im doing something really crazy you should not die because of my dumas. so just so you know cause i dont think you do when you do something crazy like that on the road yea its said cause you died of your crazy actions but its also more said that innocent people died

I agree with both of you. He was 18 and like any 18 year old he was full of bad decisions. It's what they do but it shouldn't define them.

However, he nearly killed his passenger and almost blew right through a house. If he did the same through my house he would have killed my wife and 3 week old daughter. Bad kid or not I would have been out for blood.

fastblackmerc
10-13-2011, 07:20 AM

What???

Punctuation and capitalization would make your statement readable.

Like this:

Of course it's a said thing, but on a higher note he's actions also almost took another life. I bet if that person died you would of thought his actions where crazy but doing 80 in a street risking his life as well as others and does not e the decency to say "Hi passenger put your belt on I'm doing something really crazy you should not die because of my dumb ass". Just so you know, cause I don't think you do when you do something crazy like that on the road. Yea it's sad cause you died of your crazy actions but its also more sad that innocent people died.

Odinson
10-13-2011, 07:28 AM
Wow. My kids ain't touching my Marauder till they are 25. Think I should hide a kill switch or leave it in limp mode or something.

Sadly I think we can expect to see more of this as the financial barrier to entry continues to drop. Sooner or later it will be kids first car.

Odinson
10-13-2011, 07:31 AM
Totally serious how hard would to be to set up a 2 mode marauder. With limits like rev and top speed on one mode?

jstevens
10-13-2011, 07:31 AM
more reasons to keep it on the track. Or the freeway.

Captain Dynball
10-13-2011, 07:33 AM
Totally serious how hard would to be to set up a 2 mode marauder. With limits like rev and top speed on one mode?

SCT makes a 4 bank flip chip for the Mustang which can hold different tunes like a "Valet" mode and what not. It might work for the Marauder?

slickster
10-13-2011, 08:29 AM
What???

Like this:

Of course it's a said thing, but on a higher note he's actions also almost took another life. I bet if that person died you would of thought his actions where crazy but doing 80 in a street risking his life as well as others and does not e the decency to say "Hi passenger put your belt on I'm doing something really crazy you should not die because of my dumb ass". Just so you know, cause I don't think you do when you do something crazy like that on the road. Yea it's sad cause you died of your crazy actions but its also more sad that innocent people died.
Sorry Jim got a little flustered how someone thinks the guilty deserves lots of respect when he all most went threw a house and killed some one els. If those trees where another car with a single mother caring for here child there would of been no rip for that guy

Rockettman
10-13-2011, 08:53 AM
...Makes me think twice when I decide punch it just to hear the engine scream

It shouldn't. You've hopefully moved passed making those kind of decisions - racing like an idiot on a residential road.

What???

Thank you!!
I was having a hard time taking anything seriously when it comes out like that.

I feel bad for the coppers that have to tell the family. I feel sorry for the friend that almost died (well allittle). I mean he probably could have just not got in the car in the first place.
But for feeling sorry for the moron that put so many in danger?
I think not!
I did stupid things in my youth - as we all did - but what I didn't do, was put other people's lives in danger. I did stupid things that put myself in danger.
RIP? Whatever!

PonyUP
10-13-2011, 01:14 PM
I feel sad when anyone dies, especially through stupidity. But it does re-enforce the idea that perhaps we need to raise the driving age. At 16, you certainly aren't mature enough to properly handle a motor vehicle. Sure there are plenty of kids that drive responsibly, but at the end of the day, everytime you are behind the wheel you take others lives into your hands.

How many people are willing to let an 18 year old be responsible for your life?

It's always dangerous, and yes there are times that we speed and do stupid things in our cars. But at 16, do you think you would actually be capable of coping with killing someone? I doubt I could do it today, but I know I am better prepared to handle it then when I was 16. Just my two cents.

Sad for those that died and were injured, thankful that there was no kids playing in front yards or someone out mowing their lawn that would have been killed

Guittard22
10-13-2011, 02:36 PM
it's sad to lose a nice car like this but more sad to hear the boy did not live

RIP god bless to both

mrjones
10-13-2011, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=RacerX;1100661] but, that's suicidal running through city streets

Nope, that's homocidal.