PDA

View Full Version : Under car camera Drag Racing

Pops
10-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Here is a video that shows the launch at the drag strip. What do you guys think and what do you see?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkKA-4n5es0&feature=youtu.be

RacerX
10-19-2011, 09:17 AM
That's pretty cool! Shift hop???

Pops
10-19-2011, 09:32 AM
Interesting to watch the burn out on the Mustang. Notice how the body lifts up. The same thing happens when you brake torque a car. I think when you brake torque it throws the suspension geometry off and stops the weight transfer. A lot of discussion on weather to load the converter or flash it. I think you should flash as per instructions.

RacerX
10-19-2011, 02:18 PM
That is interesting. Paul (formulamarauder) and I talked about this when I met him at NED and we discussed the propoer way to do it. That was when he first broke the 11s! He hit it just right with the tree on his first attempt. It sure made believers out of us! :beer:

LANDY
10-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Good video, agreed if you have a good TC and flash it the car should launch better. Only if I had a good TC to do that with:alone:

Krytin
10-20-2011, 01:13 PM
That's a 4 speed stick w/leaf springs and traction bars (not the slapper type but a solid end bar parallel to the front half of the leaf).
If you could shift a big HP marauder that hard it would look the same.

Pops
10-20-2011, 01:18 PM
It has Calvert system on it for traction bars. They work great. I have them on T Bolt clone. You can put to much bite in the car with them. Stopped the springs from winding up and transfers plenty of weight onto the tires.