PDA

View Full Version : Little Chinese girl hit and run victim dies...

Rockettman
10-21-2011, 07:47 AM
http://www.gtamc.com/images/icons/icon9.gif Little Chinese girl hit and run victim dies...

I don't know if any of you have been following this story. She passed away this morning. Not very encouraging for the human race.

I've left out the video link that appears in the story because it's extremely upsetting. Please do yourself a favour and don't watch it.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/10/21...parked-outrage (http://www.torontosun.com/2011/10/21/chinese-girl-dies-in-hit-and-run-that-sparked-outrage)

BEIJING - A two-year-old Chinese girl run over by two different vehicles and ignored by passersby has died, state media reported on Friday, in a case which ignited public uproar over what some called the immorality of modern society.

The hospital’s “all-out efforts were ineffective” at saving Wang Yue, the China News Service said. Xinhua news agency added that she died of brain failure early on Friday more than a week after the accident.

Both drivers who ran over the girl have been arrested, but Internet users have flooded microblogs decrying the apathy of the people who left her for dead, after graphic footage from a security camera of the incident went viral.

The surveillance video from the Oct.13 hit and run, aired by a television station, shows the girl run over by a van, which drives off leaving her to bleed on a narrow street in Foshan city in the southern province of Guangdong.

More than a dozen people over the next seven minutes walk or drive past the girl on bicycles and she is run over by a second truck. A woman then pulls the girl to the side of the street before her mother, a migrant worker in the city, rushes into the frame.

China’s economic boom and the growing disparity between the rich and poor have made changing social values a contentious topic, with some lamenting what they see as materialism replacing morals.

Wang’s death quickly became the most talked about topic on China’s popular Twitter-like microblog service, Sina’s Weibo.

“I hope that this little angel who was discarded by society can act as a wake-up call to the nation about the importance of moral education,” wrote one blogger, “gongzai xiaoben”.

“Hope you can find some love in heaven. This world is full of apathy,” added “Winter space”.

Baconbit
10-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Unbelievable...simply amazing I mean what can you really say...I watched that and I couldn't begin to explain how many different emotions I experienced...what is wrong with people?:mad2:The human race is on a huge downward spiral...

Captain Dynball
10-21-2011, 08:14 AM
This kind of moral decay is everywhere, not just China. This is why I will never leave my children unattended, ever. Just cannot trust anyone these days to do the right thing.

Mr. Man
10-21-2011, 08:15 AM
While this is an extreme case of where the world seems to be heading I also wonder where the disconnect came from.

Today I was at the local A&P and was going through the self-serve check out line. As I grabbed my receipt and headed to the bagging area a young girl, maybe in her early 20's started to check her stuff though the scan machine. I hadn't even got the plastic bag for my stuff even open when her groceries started tumbling down the conveyor and intermingling with my stuff. I glared at her and she looked at me with a blank stare and continued to process her stuff. So as I bagged my stuff I put her stuff in my bag as well. Figured if your that stupid and impatient you need to learn a lesson so I have some ricotta cheese and a few extra yogurts in my fridge.

Where did the disconnect from reality in young people come from. It seems this group of late teens and early twenty somethings is unusually narcissistic. I yearn for the days of respect for others and common etiquette. Parents need to step up and knock some sense into their kids.

Rant over:)

Haggis
10-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Parents need to step up and knock some sense into their kids.

Rant over:)

And then their kids or some stranger can sue them for child abuse.

Mr. Man
10-21-2011, 08:24 AM
Yeah I know and that's to bad. Kids have so much access to information nowadays that what you said happens. I just wonder where this attitude of entitlement came from. Probably parental guilt for never being home because both parents worked would be the excuse.
Both my parents worked and I had to fend for myself a few hours everyday after school and I don't believe I am a rude person or overly narcissistic, silly posts aside:rolleyes:

Rockettman
10-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Both my parents worked and I had to fend for myself a few hours everyday after school and I don't believe I am a rude person or overly narcissistic, silly posts aside:rolleyes:

Probably because your Dad would "knock some sense" into you if you misbehaved - which doesn't happen much/enough anymore!

Haggis
10-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Yeah I know and that's to bad. Kids have so much access to information nowadays that what you said happens. I just wonder where this attitude of entitlement came from. Probably parental guilt for never being home because both parents worked would be the excuse.

Probably because your Dad would "knock some sense" into you if you misbehaved - which doesn't happen much/enough anymore!

Way too many people want to noseybodies in the world. I wish they would mind their own damn business.

P71
10-21-2011, 08:31 AM
MR.MAN, YOU'RE THE BEST!
That D.S. is going to wonder where her yogurt went.

Rockettman
10-21-2011, 08:39 AM
Way too many people want to noseybodies in the world. I wish they would mind their own damn business.

WHAT!?!?!?
How can someone just walk passed a bleeding 2 year old on the street like that?
Maybe if someone DIDN'T mind their own business - she may be alive!

Haggis
10-21-2011, 08:45 AM
WHAT!?!?!?
How can someone just walk passed a bleeding 2 year old on the street like that?
Maybe if someone DIDN'T mind their own business - she may be alive!

I was talking about your post

Not about the little girl. I agree someone should have helped her.

Rockettman
10-21-2011, 08:47 AM
^^^ my appologies sir. I read into it wrongly.

Haggis
10-21-2011, 08:52 AM
^^^ my appologies sir. I read into it wrongly.

No problem.

CBT
10-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Completely different cuture in China. Parents used to kill thier little girls when they were only allowed to have one child, everyone wanted a boy, someone who could carry on the family name and earn a wage. China's economy exploded so fast, there are ghost cities already built to house the "mountain people" of China they are trying to entice to get away from farming and do factory work. It is tragic what happened to the little girl but the article even says the mother is not from there, they are probably used to leaving thier kids unattended wherever it is they came from. Sad.

Phrog_gunner
10-21-2011, 09:08 AM
I just wonder where this attitude of entitlement came from.

How about from Kindergarten graduation ceremonies, EVERYONE getting a first place trophy, and never having to "mow lawns" to pay for some of the fancy stuff they want????

slickster
10-21-2011, 09:09 AM
I really don't think the second truck seen her and said ohh yea 10 points. And then other people walking buy seen her and said now you know not to cross the road. I don't think anyone notice her cause if they did and said ohh well that's just way to stupid. Not gonna watch the video people that use cell phones and text when driving should watch this over and over

kmastl
10-21-2011, 09:13 AM
This is horrible don't watch the video. How can any human walk by a dismembered two year old and do nothing.

bolsen
10-21-2011, 10:10 AM
I'm hearing a lot of dumb comments in this thread. "Knock some sense into your kids"? "Kids shouldn't grow up feeling special"? Lots of dumb comments indeed. The irony is, people are talking about beating children and "taking them down a peg or two" in a thread that was started because a child was so un-loved by the world that she suffered a horrific and easily avoidable death.

Irony is defined by the posts in this thread.

That is all...

CBT
10-21-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm hearing a lot of dumb comments in this thread. "Knock some sense into your kids"? "Kids shouldn't grow up feeling special"? Lots of dumb comments indeed. The irony is, people are talking about beating children and "taking them down a peg or two" in a thread that was started because a child was so un-loved by the world that she suffered a horrific and easily avoidable death.

That is all...

That's not irony. Irony is saying "Nice day out!" in the middle of a hurricane.

Rockettman
10-21-2011, 10:26 AM
"bolsen" is right though.
This thread is about this little girl.
Didn't even have time to "live".
RIP (if you can).

duhtroll
10-21-2011, 10:46 AM
The reason the drivers didn't stop and the people didn't help is because of a difference in Chinese law.

I read this and don't know how accurate it is, but the excuse given is that if someone brings the child in for care, they might be arrested and accused of hurting the child. Even though the incident was accidental, the driver said they could be fined or even jailed so they have no incentive to stop and help.

bolsen
10-21-2011, 10:46 AM
That's not irony. Irony is saying "Nice day out!" in the middle of a hurricane.

That is not irony. That is called sarcasm. Irony would be if every sunny day you wore jeans and the one day it rains you came to work in shorts and a t-shirt.
Irony = an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

I guess what you said could technically be considered irony. So could a thread about the tragic death of a little girl that turned into a thread about beating your kids and not giving them an award during their kimdergarten graduation.

Kids need to experience magic everyday because as eevry adult already knows, that magic will disappear in a pile of bills and responsibilty.

bolsen
10-21-2011, 10:48 AM
"bolsen" is right though.
This thread is about this little girl.
Didn't even have time to "live".
RIP (if you can).

It isn't failr but it happens in every part of this planet. It's just too young. All she probably did was smile everyday and laugh and cry when she was hungry. Just sucks...

CBT
10-21-2011, 11:01 AM
That is not irony. That is called sarcasm. Irony would be if every sunny day you wore jeans and the one day it rains you came to work in shorts and a t-shirt.
Irony = an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

I guess what you said could technically be considered irony. So could a thread about the tragic death of a little girl that turned into a thread about beating your kids and not giving them an award during their kimdergarten graduation.

Kids need to experience magic everyday because as eevry adult already knows, that magic will disappear in a pile of bills and responsibilty.

There's no technical, it IS an ironic statement. Saying one thing when the exact opposite is true.

guspech750
10-21-2011, 11:11 AM
that magic will disappear in a pile of bills and responsibilty.
That's called reality. :)

Kids should not be coddled 24/7. A dose of reality is needed every so often no matter the age.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

bolsen
10-21-2011, 11:21 AM

Kids should not be coddled 24/7. A dose of reality is needed every so often no matter the age.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

You don't have kids do you?

Captain Dynball
10-21-2011, 11:33 AM

---
- Sent from my iPhone

I don't know about you guys but all the discipline in the world hasn't taught my 4 year old son to watch where he's going. He's a clumsy one and you couldn't shove reality down his throat with 10 ton hydraulic press. It's just about always knowing where they are. They will learn in time to look where they are going after bumping the head enough times. I don't think getting run over by a cargo van is a good teacher.

Captain Dynball
10-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Completely different cuture in China. Parents used to kill thier little girls when they were only allowed to have one child, everyone wanted a boy, someone who could carry on the family name and earn a wage. China's economy exploded so fast, there are ghost cities already built to house the "mountain people" of China they are trying to entice to get away from farming and do factory work. It is tragic what happened to the little girl but the article even says the mother is not from there, they are probably used to leaving thier kids unattended wherever it is they came from. Sad.

I think either the parent was an idiot or you are completely correct.

guspech750
10-21-2011, 01:13 PM
You don't have kids do you?

I do. A 9 yr old girl. I don't coddle her 24/7 and I tell it to her like it is. But in a way a child can understand. She's very smart. Knows right from wrong. Looks all directions, questions peoples behaviors, has very good common sence also notices how stupid society can be and is at times. But also has an awesome sence of dry humor. Of course she does something wrong or something stupid at times but it's minimal. Overall. She rocks!!

It's an unfortunate society that we live in. Can only imagine what the future hold for all of us.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

bolsen
10-21-2011, 01:31 PM
I do. A 9 yr old girl. I don't coddle her 24/7 and I tell it to her like it is. But in a way a child can understand. She's very smart. Knows right from wrong. Looks all directions, questions peoples behaviors, has very good common sence also notices how stupid society can be and is at times. But also has an awesome sence of dry humor. Of course she does something wrong or something stupid at times but it's minimal. Overall. She rocks!!

It's an unfortunate society that we live in. Can only imagine what the future hold for all of us.

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Fair enough. My daughter is one so we don't have to do anything but keep her safe and love her. Just like this two year old girl from China should've been experiencing.

rayjay
10-21-2011, 01:32 PM

Brittany tried that one last year. My response was "I hope you like foster care, cause your backside will be outta here a lot quicker than it got here". It seemed to sink in.

youngrauderlvr
10-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Both of ya'll are right. Kids do need a dose of reality and they also need special times. It is a balance. There is a balance to everything, even as adults we have reality and fantasy. The bills won't stop coming, but if i could just win the lottery...............

rayjay
10-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Its a sad commentary on modern life as to what happened to the little girl in China. It unfortunately happens here too. Some people just deserve a severe beating.

Mr. Man
10-21-2011, 01:39 PM

That is all... I didn't read about anyone beating a child in this thread. I read about how parents used to do just that... PARENT. There is a social disconnect in the modern family that says it's alright for children to be rude, sarcastic and even belligerent to adults. I find that offensive. Children are not adults and should not be treated as adults. And yes you are right what happened to that little girl in China is horrible and inexcusable but in today's world I'm sorry to say not surprising and that is what is truly sad.

Blackened300a
10-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Saw the video and its horrific. I read something that its Chinese law that if you hit someone you have to pay their medical bills for life. Its kinda what you would expect from a country that has over a billion people where human life isn't worth ****.

I suggest not watching the video. What is seen can not be unseen.

hamcheese
10-21-2011, 03:07 PM
George Carlin said it best "I have given up on man kind"

guspech750
10-21-2011, 04:23 PM
I have not seen it nor plan on it. But if it was some drunken asshat fool. I'd replay it over and over.

Everyday I am still amazed at how so many supposed adults act towards one another. Working outdoors all year. I see all kinds of stupid acts towards fellow peeps. It sure leaves me little hope for my daughters future.

I still can not grasp and understand how people can intentionally hurt or kill a helpless child. Just going to pick up my daughter from school at times. I see "parents" not caring. Driving like complete jagbags. Society sucks:(

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Spectragod
10-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Saw the video and its horrific. I read something that its Chinese law that if you hit someone you have to pay their medical bills for life. Its kinda what you would expect from a country that has over a billion people where human life isn't worth ****.

I suggest not watching the video. What is seen can not be unseen.

While I agree, I have seen worse, and still see it in my mind semi regular. What the hell is the world coming to?

TAKEDOWN
10-21-2011, 08:26 PM
That's a shame, wth is wrong with people nowadays!

jerrym3
10-22-2011, 05:48 AM
In NY, a woman was shot and killed accidentally, just by being at the wrong place at the wrong time. She was in her 30's. She died while shielding her kids from the gunfire.

She had 13 kids.

She was pregnant.

Spectragod
10-22-2011, 07:29 AM
In NY, a woman was shot and killed accidentally, just by being at the wrong place at the wrong time. She was in her 30's. She died while shielding her kids from the gunfire.

She had 13 kids.

She was pregnant.

Link to story?

Vortex
10-22-2011, 07:39 AM
Ive read what is on that video but wont watch it. You cannot unsee stuff like that and I try to avoid all the recent fascination with gory horrible videos. That said, having been posted in India (and worked in PRC for short time) we in the US take for granted other folks give a rats azz about their fellow man.

rayjay
10-22-2011, 08:50 AM
Ive read what is on that video but wont watch it. You cannot unsee stuff like that and I try to avoid all the recent fascination with gory horrible videos. That said, having been posted in India (and worked in PRC for short time) we in the US take for granted other folks give a rats azz about their fellow man.

Bingo. I have no intention of watching that. The one thing that has always bothered me is kids being hurt/killed. :(

1stMerc
10-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Expect the worst and pray/hope for the best. I've seen enough things that i am seldom surprised at what humans do.

jerrym3
10-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Link to story?

Can't find a link, but if you Google NY Daily News and search through local news, the story is there.

jerrym3
10-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Link to story?

Can't find a link, but if you Google NYDailyNews.com and search through local news, the story is there.

justbob
10-22-2011, 11:38 AM
I pray that the little girl found her way to a happier, more loving world. I also pray the mother will someday be able to live life again, because in reality, two people died that day, the mother and the daughter. I couldn't imagine the heartache.