PDA

View Full Version : Probably totaled!

SID210SA
10-24-2011, 05:43 AM
First off I want to say that Rosa is okay, but a bit sore.

So Rosa was driving to my Mom's to meet us there. The kids and I were already there doing yard work and cleaning up the house for my Mom. Just as I get done with the lawn mower my phone rings and there is a lady on the other end saying that Rosa got into an accident but that she was alright. This was just about 3 blocks from my Mom's house.....So I told my mom what happened and left the kids there and rushed over to check on her. I arrived just as the firedepartment was arriving and as soon as I saw it I thought OMG!! The car was smashed into a metal traffic light pole. I arrived to see the FD asking her if she was okay....she was crying and visibly shaken, but okay. She had a little scrape on her elbow and her back and neck are sore.

The lady who pushed her into the pole, and here daughter were okay as well.....no injuries on there side, they were in a Suburban.....they didnt have the sudden stop that Rosa did.

I am pretty sure the car is a total loss. Once again, Rosa is a little sore but okay.

Here are a couple of pics.

This is the side she was hit on:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/2011-10-22_15_06_05.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:;)

And this is where she was pushed into the metal traffic pole:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/2011-10-22_15_06_29.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:;)

The front drivers door would not open and the front passenger door would only open a few inches. Nothing got pushed into the engine.

MMBLUE
10-24-2011, 05:49 AM
Yup, looks like a loss. I'm glad to here she's okay.

rayjay
10-24-2011, 05:53 AM
Glad to hear your wife is ok. Cars can be replaced, people can not be.

Bluerauder
10-24-2011, 06:20 AM
Sorry to hear this. :( Glad to hear that your wife is OK. Was the Suburban riding next to her and just decided to turn right or what?

thathotrodlincn
10-24-2011, 06:30 AM
That is horrible about the car. Very glad there were no serious injuries.
On the lighter side "dibs on the floor mats". Sorry, "the drvils made me do that".
Seriously. be st of luck with the insurance.

fastblackmerc
10-24-2011, 06:33 AM
Glad Rosa is OK.

Probably totaled..... can be replaced....

BUCKWHEAT
10-24-2011, 07:11 AM
Great that Rosa is OK, but don't be in a hurry to settle on the back & neck. Those kinds of injury can be, well, a pain in the neck. Will you buy back the salvage and part it out? Get the ins company to buy you a comparable MM? Go buy a Suburban?

Best of luck & we all will be interested to hear how you and the family are doing.
J

SID210SA
10-24-2011, 07:18 AM
Sorry to hear this. :( Glad to hear that your wife is OK. Was the Suburban riding next to her and just decided to turn right or what?

Rosa was in the middle lane turning left and the suburban was in the left lane going straight. So when Rosa turned the burb hit her on the driverside and pushed her right into the pole.

And thanks every one for your thoughts on her well being. She will appriciate that.

DOOM
10-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Glad she wasnt hurt!

SID210SA
10-24-2011, 07:34 AM
Great that Rosa is OK, but don't be in a hurry to settle on the back & neck. Those kinds of injury can be, well, a pain in the neck. Will you buy back the salvage and part it out? Get the ins company to buy you a comparable MM? Go buy a Suburban?

Best of luck & we all will be interested to hear how you and the family are doing.
J

Thank you,

She only had liability on that car, it really wasnt worth much with 143K on it and the paint was crappy....and was just old, so not worth having full coverage on, our other vehicles have the highest full coverage. It ran good, but thats about all it had going for it.....we had recently replaced the water pump, radiator, hoses, battery and fixed the head gasket. So the car is ours no matter what. So we may part it out, or just sell it to the junk yard.

Dont know who is at fault yet....might have a case against TXDOT as the road is not clearly marked for who goes straight and who turns.

We already have a burb, and another MM would be great, but we were looking at new cars anyway to replace the Impala.

TAKEDOWN
10-24-2011, 07:36 AM
More important is that she is okay, cars are replaceable but not loved ones!

SID210SA
10-24-2011, 07:36 AM
That is horrible about the car. Very glad there were no serious injuries.
On the lighter side "dibs on the floor mats". Sorry, "the drvils made me do that".
Seriously. be st of luck with the insurance.

Sorry, the floor mats are already spoken for....were going to put them in the Burb....they are the all weather rubber mats.

D Rock
10-24-2011, 08:23 AM
I'm happy to hear your family came out OK.

Bigdogjim
10-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Always a good thing when you (Rosa) can walk away:up:

Still better to see a Doctor and get a proper check up after an accident.

Your chevy served it purpose. 143K job well done.

Bobmiddle
10-24-2011, 08:38 AM
If they find the other person at fault and they total the vehicle make sure you get paid for the recent work done on the car.

Bradley G
10-24-2011, 09:14 AM
So glad no serious injuries were incurred.
Prayers for a speedy recovery

CBT
10-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Glad Rosa is okay. Stick a fork in that car, tho, it's done.

SID210SA
10-24-2011, 09:58 AM
I was just looking at the pics again.....the airbags didnt deploy...dont know if that is good or bad but looks like the bumper took a pretty good smack where the sensor should be....so dont know why they didnt go off.....hmmm. Its prolly better that they didnt go off though in this case.

Vortex
10-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Glad all are ok Mike, cars can be replaced. Hope to see you this weekend but if you cant make it I know we will all understand.

justbob
10-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Scary times indeed. Glad she was unharmed Bud.

This was posted live, in real time.

71cyclone
10-24-2011, 06:43 PM
BOW TIES ARE A DIME A DOZEN/ BUT " FAMILY IS FOREVER " GOD BLESS , that they were protected

LANDY
10-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Good thing she was ok. Time to buy another marauder.

SID210SA
10-25-2011, 05:16 AM
Just went to the body shop yesterday to get a better look at the car....all the tires are inflated....the car went up a curb before hitting the pole, but dont know if any of the rims got bent.....we are prolly going to just sell it to the junk yard and pay for the towing fee and storage fee. I wonder if we should switch out the rims with the OE's before hand.

Also noticed the frame was broken on the pole impact side....looks like it broke at the weld. That must have been a harder impact than I first thought.

SID210SA
10-26-2011, 05:17 AM
We went to go pick up the car yesterday.....borrowed a car trailer from my neighbor. Lucky thing was that it started right up so I could drive it onto the trailer....couldnt turn real well but we got it on the trailer and tied down it about 15 minutes.

While we were there saw a Black Marauder with front end damage in the body shop lot. Didnt look too bad...gonna get a hold of my contact at the bodyshop today to see if they are going to fix or if the owner is going to sell it.

71cyclone
10-26-2011, 06:50 AM
WELL my FRIEND there may be a new MARAUDER in your FUTURE

SID210SA
10-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Well, no go on the Marauder in the bodyshop yard.

We took the Impy to the big junkyard in the sky.....

you know, its funny, how I really didnt like that car....but it was hard for me to take it to the yard, and harder still to see it being off loaded and put in line with the other junk cars, and just plain sad to leave it there knowing we would never see it again. I guess I feel emotional about it because it did its job and protected Rosa, there really isnt any other reason, I hated it....it was ugly....

But I will miss the old Impy and am sad to see it go.

Mike

james79stang
10-28-2011, 05:02 AM
Sorry to hear about accident, glad everyone is ok. Hope to family Saturday, James