PDA

View Full Version : Ford Team Orders in NASCAR

Vortex
10-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Just wanted to vent a bit about yesterdays race; my favorite car, the Wood Bros 21 (sponsored by Ford only for 13 races), was in a position to finish with a P2 or P4 finish but was helping Jeff Gordon's Chevy in this crappy "tandem racing" stuff. Anyway, since Ford is WBR's only sponsor they told them with 2 laps to go not to help Gordon but drop to P15 to push the Kenseth 17 car. What a crock. WBR had no choice as they are totally sponsored by Ford. Man, that really makes me wonder.

wickedmerc
10-24-2011, 10:34 AM
I agree. I watched some of the race, got bored. All it did was remind me how corporate the sport has gotten.

massacre
10-24-2011, 11:53 AM
I stopped watching Nascar over 20 years ago, I saw the writing on the wall.

71cyclone
10-24-2011, 07:15 PM
How can U RACE safe when everybody's "' PACKIN MAGNUM POWER '" with [restrictor plates ] DITTO on the CROCK

SC Cheesehead
10-24-2011, 07:25 PM
How can U RACE safe when everybody's "' PACKIN MAGNUM POWER '" with [restrictor plates ] DITTO on the CROCK

Restrictor plate racing sucks!

At least next week they're at Martinsville; racin' the way it oughta be...

PonyGuy
10-24-2011, 11:42 PM
"National Association for Stock Car Automobile Racing"

Ha!

What a (poor) joke!

"Stock" cars? What Ford Fusion or Toyota Camry has a V-8? Or a coupe body?

When they quit racing anything remotely resembling "STOCK" cars, I lost all interest. It became a duel of drivers, not a duel of automobiles.

Pat
10-25-2011, 04:49 AM
F-1, open wheel, Indy style cars are seriously considering pulling out of oval racing due to aerodynamic issues.

I would like to see NASCAR also get back to real "stock car" racing but Detroit or Eastern car companies no longer make track worthy body's/frames.

But twisty/turney tracks are perfered, IMO.