PDA

View Full Version : so i have to admit i was embarrased

bigmerc281
10-25-2011, 08:50 PM
at a car show i went to with the guys from N.C.M. when we all popped the hoods and my engine bay was the dirtiest :shake:this week im dedicated to cleaning my mm from top to bottom making it nearly perfect. cant wait till the next meet. ill post pictures up at the end of the week

TAKEDOWN
10-25-2011, 10:16 PM
I know the feeling, it happened to me once and it'll NEVER happen again!

jus4kix03MM
10-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Saul, dont be embarrased. It was your first time out. Im sure next time it'll look just as good as eveeyone else. Ive seen worse BTW.
I was at a show in August I think and my buddy with a DTR came. So i told him to pop the hood. He said no but i popped it anyway. It looked like it hqd been sitting in a field for years. That hood went down as fast as it went up. Lol

Blackened300a
10-26-2011, 05:00 AM
Post up the before pics!

Joe Walsh
10-26-2011, 05:39 AM
Post up the before pics!

We could start an "Anti-DOOM" engine bay thread!......:D

guspech750
10-26-2011, 06:54 AM
at a car show i went to with the guys from N.C.M. when we all popped the hoods and my engine bay was the dirtiest :shake:this week im dedicated to cleaning my mm from top to bottom making it nearly perfect. cant wait till the next meet. ill post pictures up at the end of the week

Big deal. As long as you are enjoying your MM that's what counts.

But if it bothers you that much. By all means clean it. I personally didn't care how dirty my engine bay was. To me. Its a really fun driver!! As long as I maintained the car, always kept the outside and interior clean I was happy. I got rid of my garage queen to get away from that crap. But now after the supercharger install and other goodies. I do care a little more.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

DOOM
10-26-2011, 07:40 AM

:nono: :lol:

bolsen
10-26-2011, 08:32 AM
It doesn't take much to clen the bay, but it is a RPITA to get rid of all the rust under there. I'm in the process right now.

Mac-MerC
10-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Big deal. As long as you are enjoying your MM that's what counts.

I agree 100%
let the car show queens do all that engine detailing.
mines not the cleanest either.... hell if someone dislikes it that much they could come and clean it for me.. for free

88LTDCV351
10-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Don't worry. Mine was just as bad but i didn't open my hood. Kudos to those that had the clean engine bay.

It was super clean under the hood when I bought it in early 2006. Wish I had just maintained it.

Jolly Roger
10-26-2011, 12:27 PM

^^ +2 ^^.
I say we should ban DOOM till he brings his engine bay DOWN to our standards. LOL.;)

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Mines realllll dirty. I found out the hard way when someone asked to look under there.. embarassing, but they themselves said I must be enjoying it too much to care to clean it under there :)

CBT
10-26-2011, 04:10 PM
^^ +2 ^^.
I say we should ban DOOM till he brings his engine bay DOWN to our standards. LOL.;)

Dude, Amy STILL talks about DOOM's engine and Sherms engine, and Pauls engine and justbobs engine and guspech's engine, etc. etc., I may have to buy her one so she will shut the hell up about how everyones elses is cleaner and faster, lol!

guspech750
10-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Dude, Amy STILL talks about DOOM's engine and Sherms engine, and Pauls engine and justbobs engine and guspech's engine, etc. etc., I may have to buy her one so she will shut the hell up about how everyones elses is cleaner and faster, lol!

She's just so used to being with a loser.

Bada ba!!

Time for her to be with a winner. Not a wiener. :D

---
- Sent from my iPhone

Fosters
10-26-2011, 04:28 PM
If you think that's embarrassing, last time I took out the mach1 it was dirty enough that I couldn't see out of it enough to drive it to the car wash... and I was on the way to a car show. The engine bay was spotless, the problem was the battery died at the car show. I had a battery with me thinking that might happen, but I didn't have a wrench with me to change it... :(

CBT
10-26-2011, 04:31 PM
If you think that's embarrassing, last time I took out the mach1 it was dirty enough that I couldn't see out of it enough to drive it to the car wash... and I was on the way to a car show. The engine bay was spotless, the problem was the battery died at the car show. I had a battery with me thinking that might happen, but I didn't have a wrench with me to change it... :(

That's okay, some dumbass at Marauderville had his battery die IN a stall at the car wash. And the only way out was to push it back out. Luckily, I had.....I mean THEY had help.

05crownsport
10-26-2011, 04:38 PM
A clean engine is a happy engine. I make it a habit to clean under the hood every time I wash. That way it takes less time. An electric leaf blower could be your friend. Gets all the water out of nooks and crannies.

CBT
10-26-2011, 05:00 PM
A clean engine is a happy engine. I make it a habit to clean under the hood every time I wash. That way it takes less time. An electric leaf blower could be your friend. Gets all the water out of nooks and crannies.
I hope you are you talking about cars? :rolleyes:

guspech750
10-26-2011, 07:05 PM
That's okay, some dumbass at Marauderville had his battery die IN a stall at the car wash. And the only way out was to push it back out. Luckily, I had.....I mean THEY had help.

Yeah. That was pretty funny.

---
- Sent from my iPhone