PDA

View Full Version : i.a.c sensor

bigmerc281
11-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Alright this is driving me insane revs above 1k. Anyone know how to fix this. do I buy another one or how is it maintenance.

mcgyver59
11-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Please clarify your problems.
If I spoke jumbo jumbo, id say you had a vacuum leak or the IAC needs to be cleaned.

bigmerc281
11-09-2011, 09:45 PM
When I have it in park its Revs up to 1k when I switch to reverse it drops back to normal then when I switch to neutral its revs back to 1k. I turn off the car then it goes back to the normal rpms

Blackened300a
11-10-2011, 04:55 AM
When I have it in park its Revs up to 1k when I switch to reverse it drops back to normal then when I switch to neutral its revs back to 1k. I turn off the car then it goes back to the normal rpms

There are 2 idle settings in the tune. A In-gear idle and a Park/Neutral idle. My in-gear is set at 750, and my park idle is 950 in my tune.
What you are describing sounds normal.

SC Cheesehead
11-10-2011, 05:03 AM
There are 2 idle settings in the tune. A In-gear idle and a Park/Neutral idle. My in-gear is set at 750, and my park idle is 950 in my tune.

Agreed.
---------

bigmerc281
11-10-2011, 06:59 AM

I don't have a tune for this car yet. I'll put up a video I recorded I don't think explained myself correctly

RacerX
11-10-2011, 07:00 AM
Have you cleared the learned PCM functions by unplugging the battery lately? Have you done any work on the TB? If it revs high in neutral, but, not after turning the car off, then on, it could be a throttle blade not closing all the way at times or the tune hasn't relearned idle control yet. To see if it's a sticking blade, while it's reving high in neutral, blip the throttle really quick and see if the idle goes back to normal. If it does it's the blade, if not, most likely PCM relearning.

CBT
11-10-2011, 07:01 AM
I don't have a tune for this car yet. I'll put up a video I recorded I don't think explained myself correctly

Clean the MAF, clean the IAC, clean your throttle body, check it again.