PDA

View Full Version : Well Its Gone and I'm Glad

Bluerauder
11-10-2011, 12:49 PM
I noticed that it was missing as soon as I turned into the driveway last night. It was long overdue and I certainly won't miss it at all. :o

My wife went crazy yesterday afternoon and had some trees removed from the property. 3 in the backyard and 1 in the front yard. It wasn't a complete surprise; but she hadn't mentioned it. She just happened to have a target of opportunity when the Tree Service came down the street. Without my landmark, I almost overshot my driveway. :o

Anyhow, the big nuissance Bradford Pear is gone. I won't have to worry about that one snapping in the wind and crashing on one of the cars. We lost its twin during Hurricane Isabel back in September 2003. This last one has been on borrowed time at about 26 years of age. No more threat of a large limb breaking off. No more birds nesting over my car and using it for target practice. No more drunken squirrel parties chucking nuts at my MM and puking on the hood and roof. And, NO MORE leaves to rake from that tree. :up:

She also had 3 trees removed in the backyard. Two silver maples near the house and One red maple on the side of the yard. :up:

I asked "How Much??". She said that "I didn't want to know". I prefer being ignorant and happy. :D

sweetair
11-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Congrats. Especially on the no splitting limbs and leaves aspect.

SC Cheesehead
11-10-2011, 01:04 PM
We had three Bradford Pears on our lot when we bought the house six years ago. Beautiful in the spring, and provided lots of shade, but all three of them split and when ended up having them removed.

Sure looks different without them, though.

HammerDown
11-10-2011, 01:16 PM
I noticed that it was missing as soon as I turned into the driveway last night. It was long overdue and I certainly won't miss it at all. :o

My wife went crazy yesterday afternoon and had some trees removed from the property. 3 in the backyard and 1 in the front yard. It wasn't a complete surprise; but she hadn't mentioned it. She just happened to have a target of opportunity when the Tree Service came down the street. Without my landmark, I almost overshot my driveway. :o

Anyhow, the big nuissance Bradford Pear is gone. I won't have to worry about that one snapping in the wind and crashing on one of the cars. We lost its twin during Hurricane Isabel back in September 2003. This last one has been on borrowed time at about 26 years of age. No more threat of a large limb breaking off. No more birds nesting over my car and using it for target practice. No more drunken squirrel parties chucking nuts at my MM and puking on the hood and roof. And, NO MORE leaves to rake from that tree. :up:

She also had 3 trees removed in the backyard. Two silver maples near the house and One red maple on the side of the yard. :up:

I asked "How Much??". She said that "I didn't want to know". I prefer being ignorant and happy. :D

Must be that time of year--I, too contracted a tree service to take out a huge maple in our front yard. Root system is so bad, starting to buckle the sidewalk and has killed all the grass. Nothing will grow in the flower bed, because roots have made their way 20 feet all around. and don't need to mention the bird do-do that's everywhere:(

Same here, those tree guys have it made ($$$$$$)

Bigdogjim
11-10-2011, 03:30 PM

You are wise beyond your years:) Now plant something in their place.hint a nice pine tree? (not close to the driveway cause tree sap is a real issue for auto paint)

mrjones
11-11-2011, 09:49 AM
What a wonderful bride! I've got two that need to go. Bradford Pears, not wives.

Pat
11-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Bernie did you a favor, charlie. Take her to Olive Garden, soon.

All trees have their undesireable aspects, see your local arborist for what tree meets your needs.

You can use an artificial one too, but you have to take it down after new years..........or not.