View Full Version : Expensive drag race

dakslim
11-13-2011, 06:49 AM
Hope this isn't a repost.

http://www.wimp.com/dragrace/

Bluerauder
11-13-2011, 06:57 AM

Was posted originally back in mid-September by the "birdman". >>>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73925

It is hard to believe for a 4,200 pound, 4 door sedan; but the MM top 3 timeslip cars would have crossed the line AHEAD of the #1 Nissan GT-R by:

3. Shermanator -- 1.044 seconds and 200.83 feet ahead.
2. Martyo -- 1.572 seconds and 323.06 feet ahead.
1. Triple Threat -- 2.370 seconds and 557.75 feet ahead.

In fact, the #9 MM of LANDY would have come in only about 9 inches and 0.004 seconds behind the Nissan GT-R. That would have been a "photo finish" to make the final call.

Phrog_gunner
11-13-2011, 07:00 AM
Was posted originally back in mid-September by the "birdman". >>>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73925

SHHHHH!!! Gotta let the ol guy think he's useful for a change.

dakslim
11-13-2011, 08:43 AM
SHHHHH!!! Gotta let the ol guy think he's useful for a change.

As you were, BOOT!

sailsmen
11-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Pacammer

Trader: (0)
Post Feedback

Can a Marauder hold its own on the track with a Lamborgini?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make a short story long I own an 04 DTR Marauder. It has had all the Dennis, Zack/Mac majic done to it. In the past 2 years it has won 3rd then 2nd place in the All Ford Nationals at Carlisle, PA.
I am a member of the Eastern Pantera Club. We co sponsor a track event at Pocono International Raceway yearly with various other Italian Car Clubs such as Lamborgini, Maserati, and Ferrari. Since my Pantera is in pieces I asked and was permitted to bring the Marauder to the track to run. As I stated in a post a while back I am not a drag racer. I use my car every day and in the snow so I opted for a centrifigul vs. roots type supercharger. I have not changed my rear end ratio. I do however like to run in track events.
Well I lined up to run with 19 other cars, all newer model Italian high performance exotic cars. We run NASCAR wise, counter clockwise. We used turn 1, turn 2, then an infield course that has a 270, three 90's, two 75 degree turns and a chicane, then we enter back onto the main staight with 2/3 of that straight available before turn 1.
Well boys and girls I have to tell you after 5 laps everyone in attendance was looking at this Canadian maufactured, Dearborn Sedan. It ate cars like it was at an Italian buffet. Not only did the Marauder hold it's own on the banked turns it passed most and stayed with the best of them in the infield. Comming out of the infield onto the main straight I devoured them. The available touque was awsome. I ran with the antilock brakes and overdrive off. Down the straight going into turn one, 135 mph+ easy. 130 mph+ into turn 2 and an average speed through the infield of 60+ mph.
The transmission mods worked great, that baby knew when to down shift upon hard braking. The supercharger spun up smoothly so the ass end never kicked out. Dennis's total package and the Zack/Mac control arms worked flawlessly.
After I came off the track nearly everone came over to see the car. Most of these folks told me they thought it was a joke putting the DTR on the track against these 6 figure cars. On day two I repeated the same results. No fluke.
A lot of exotic car owners have a new found respect for our "Family Sedans / Cop Cars". Needless to say I had a blast.
Sorry for the long story but I just had to brag a little. Enjoy your Marauders they are all special.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19385&highlight=pantera

WhatsUpDOHC
11-13-2011, 10:25 AM

http://www.wimp.com/dragrace/

I thought that I read that the Laguna Seca Mustang could do 11.2 in the 1/4.

Mark

Pops
11-13-2011, 10:43 AM
11.3 with drag radials. 12s with stock tires!

sailsmen
11-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Most of the authors of those Puff Auto Magazines are idiots and cannot change a tire more or less drive a car.

Check the times in the enthusiates mag where they put up some impressive 1/4 mile and track times. The articles are not Puff but they are written by guys who race and turn wrenches.

WhatsUpDOHC
11-13-2011, 06:02 PM
11.3 with drag radials. 12s with stock tires!

Ahhhh - I thought that 11.2 was out of the box (with the "Red Key").

Please tell Ford that I'm canceling my Laguna Seca order............. :depress:

Mark

Phrog_gunner
11-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Pacammer

Trader: (0)
Post Feedback

Can a Marauder hold its own on the track with a Lamborgini?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To make a short story long I own an 04 DTR Marauder. It has had all the Dennis, Zack/Mac majic done to it. In the past 2 years it has won 3rd then 2nd place in the All Ford Nationals at Carlisle, PA.
I am a member of the Eastern Pantera Club. We co sponsor a track event at Pocono International Raceway yearly with various other Italian Car Clubs such as Lamborgini, Maserati, and Ferrari. Since my Pantera is in pieces I asked and was permitted to bring the Marauder to the track to run. As I stated in a post a while back I am not a drag racer. I use my car every day and in the snow so I opted for a centrifigul vs. roots type supercharger. I have not changed my rear end ratio. I do however like to run in track events.
Well I lined up to run with 19 other cars, all newer model Italian high performance exotic cars. We run NASCAR wise, counter clockwise. We used turn 1, turn 2, then an infield course that has a 270, three 90's, two 75 degree turns and a chicane, then we enter back onto the main staight with 2/3 of that straight available before turn 1.
Well boys and girls I have to tell you after 5 laps everyone in attendance was looking at this Canadian maufactured, Dearborn Sedan. It ate cars like it was at an Italian buffet. Not only did the Marauder hold it's own on the banked turns it passed most and stayed with the best of them in the infield. Comming out of the infield onto the main straight I devoured them. The available touque was awsome. I ran with the antilock brakes and overdrive off. Down the straight going into turn one, 135 mph+ easy. 130 mph+ into turn 2 and an average speed through the infield of 60+ mph.
The transmission mods worked great, that baby knew when to down shift upon hard braking. The supercharger spun up smoothly so the ass end never kicked out. Dennis's total package and the Zack/Mac control arms worked flawlessly.
After I came off the track nearly everone came over to see the car. Most of these folks told me they thought it was a joke putting the DTR on the track against these 6 figure cars. On day two I repeated the same results. No fluke.
A lot of exotic car owners have a new found respect for our "Family Sedans / Cop Cars". Needless to say I had a blast.
Sorry for the long story but I just had to brag a little. Enjoy your Marauders they are all special.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19385&highlight=pantera

Congrats. :beer: What type of tires are you running at the track?

CBT
11-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Congrats. :beer: What type of tires are you running at the track?

Original post was in 2005, the poster is probably dead by now.

sailsmen
11-14-2011, 09:01 AM
He was alive on 6-28-11.