PDA

View Full Version : Darn, I hate finding these:

Vortex
11-14-2011, 07:46 AM
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/2690382230.html

I really want this one but know that I need another vehicle like I need, well, you know...

Pops
11-14-2011, 07:53 AM
If it was here in Michigan it would be sold! Nice find and you should buy it! Its a cool ride.:D

Joe Walsh
11-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Another "rape van"!!!

Maybe Jerry Sandusky is being forced to sell it.

Just spray paint "Free Candy" on the side and start trolling.

BTW: Hope Jerry gets 'a dose of his own medicine' while in prison!

ImpalaSlayer
11-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Another "rape van"!!!

Maybe Jerry Sandusky is being forced to sell it.

Just spray paint "Free Candy" on the side and start trolling.

BTW: Hope Jerry gets 'a dose of his own medicine' while in prison!

this made me LOL so hard

Vortex
11-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Ahhh, to hell with it, I bought the damn thing this morning.

Time for another "black hole moneypit" type project; its been a few years since I sold the 67 GTO and swore Id never do it again!

Joe Walsh
11-14-2011, 11:06 AM

Time for another "black hole moneypit" type project; its been a few years since I sold the 67 GTO and swore Id never do it again!

Congrats!

Does it have the registered sex offender GPS tracking system onboard?

and more importantly....is it easily removed and/or deactivated?

J/K....:D

Vortex
11-14-2011, 11:12 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0HWMvJQYHi rMxQGGfL-gp2B_pDwigaHIGs5c2FfZws_5i2bLT

Hey, this guy drove one in "Manhunter" so it cant be all that bad....

Seriously, this will be a very long term project/toy. The dash is all sorts of chopped up but there was very little rust, just some surface rust on the interior floor and a few bubbles on the bottom of one of the rear doors. No bondo that I could see. I've been casually looking for just this model, a shorty 70's Dodge with no windows (not even on the back doors) with no real rust.
In my minds eye I can picture this thing someday with a set of slotted dish mag wheels and T/A Radials, painted a nice solid dark metallic blue with a good rake and some zoomie pipes sticking out the sides in front of the rear wheels. As for the interior, other than the front I dont want anything in the back, just painted metal and maybe some carpet on the floor. Let the adventure (or regrets/cussing/bankruptcy ect) begin.....

TAKEDOWN
11-14-2011, 12:46 PM

LOL, that's awesome!

Must've brought back a lot of good memories! Live it up and stay thirsty my friend :beer:!

Joe Walsh
11-14-2011, 12:51 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0HWMvJQYHi rMxQGGfL-gp2B_pDwigaHIGs5c2FfZws_5i2bLT

Seriously, this will be a very long term project/toy. The dash is all sorts of chopped up but there was very little rust, just some surface rust on the interior floor and a few bubbles on the bottom of one of the rear doors. No bondo that I could see. I've been casually looking for just this model, a shorty 70's Dodge with no windows (not even on the back doors) with no real rust.
In my minds eye I can picture this thing someday with a set of slotted dish mag wheels and T/A Radials, painted a nice solid dark metallic blue with a good rake and some zoomie pipes sticking out the sides in front of the rear wheels.
As for the interior, other than the front I dont want anything in the back,
just painted metal and NO carpet on the floor to absorb fluids and DNA evidence.
Let the adventure (or regrets/cussing/bankruptcy ect) begin.....

There....fixed it for ya!....:D

Mr. Man
11-14-2011, 12:58 PM
There....fixed it for ya!....:D
Scares me you know all the tricks of the ahh......"trade." :D

05crownsport
11-14-2011, 04:24 PM
That's hot. Just stay away from the school zones with it...would hate to see you get profiled!:beer:

Phrog_gunner
11-14-2011, 04:30 PM

In my minds eye I can picture this thing someday with a set of slotted dish mag wheels and T/A Radials, painted a nice solid dark metallic blue with a good rake and some zoomie pipes sticking out the sides in front of the rear wheels. As for the interior, other than the front I dont want anything in the back, just painted metal and maybe some carpet on the floor. Let the adventure (or regrets/cussing/bankruptcy ect) begin.....

Are those the world's biggest fake portholes on the sides??

Vortex
11-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Are those the world's biggest fake portholes on the sides??

They appear to be your garden variety JC Whitney portholes. I would have preferred none but I can live with these small ones. Most old vans around today have those big square windows everywhere, I wanted one with no windows because if/when it gets painted it will look much smoother. All a long way off, mission tommorrow is reorient the garage so all this junk will fit. According my precise calculations (!!?) it should just be able to fit under my garage door and in the garage.

05crownsport
11-14-2011, 05:09 PM
They appear to be your garden variety JC Whitney portholes. I would have preferred none but I can live with these small ones. Most old vans around today have those big square windows everywhere, I wanted one with no windows because if/when it gets painted it will look much smoother. All a long way off, mission tommorrow is reorient the garage so all this junk will fit. According my precise calculations (!!?) it should just be able to fit under my garage door and in the garage.

Thought about going with a mural? Your Marauder doing a smoky burnout...and if it doesn't fit, let some air out of the tires.

Joe Walsh
11-14-2011, 05:30 PM
They appear to be your garden variety JC Whitney portholes.
I would have preferred none but I can live with these small ones. Most old vans around today have those big square windows everywhere,
I wanted one with no windows because then the people passing by and the police can't see inside.

There....fixed it for ya again!

:D

Vortex
11-14-2011, 06:06 PM
I guess I was only slightly aware of all the "serial killer van" stuff online that I have discovered this afternoon.

Vortex
11-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Picked up the old van this morning; looks pretty good if you are 50 feet away and squint your eyes!

Haggis
11-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Picked up the old van this morning; looks pretty good if you are 50 feet away and squint your eyes!

Who is the creepy looking dude in the second picture? Looks kind of serial killer, child abductor like.

CBT
11-16-2011, 12:25 PM
I like it. :beer:

Phrog_gunner
11-16-2011, 12:45 PM
It's already got the rag in the gas tank so the G-men can't get their hands on the evidence.

Vortex
11-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Who is the creepy looking dude in the second picture? Looks kind of serial killer, child abductor like.

The creepy dude you might not recognize as Im down over 100 pounds from Marauderville Charlotte days! No surgery, just counting calories since January of this year. The van was my present to me for reaching the 100 pound mark.

Joe Walsh
11-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Love the gas cap!

I really do like the rims...those look good!

guspech750
11-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Love those old Dodge vans. Rims look way cool too!!

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Vortex
12-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Took these pics a couple of weeks ago after I cleaned up my new toy. Tons of stuff left to do just to make it legal but it should be there in a few months. These things used to be everywhere but since its almost 40 years old most of the ones in salvage yards have been crushed long ago so body/interior parts are harder to find than you would think. Regardless, I think its pretty cool, you just dont see them anymore and I plan to just just leave the interior empty.

Joe Walsh
12-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Love it.....Looks great!

Whats it got under the hood...a 318 V8?

Vortex
12-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Ye olde "Slant 6" complete with a Holley one barrel; thats 105 horses of pure power!

Joe Walsh
12-21-2011, 06:26 AM
Ye olde "Slant 6" complete with a Holley one barrel; thats 105 horses of pure power!

Yeah, but that Slant 6 will quietly run like a sewing machine for 300,000 miles.

How 'bout a 392 HEMI transplant to wake 'er up?