PDA

View Full Version : NEW IDEA: MM.net Secret Santa

Loco1234
11-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Hi all. The H1 Hummer forum I'm of part of has done this as of three years running now & everyone loves it's... Perhaps we can organize a MM.net Secret Santa.

They run it as follows:

For those that don't know about this you opt in for a surprise gift from another HML member. Names are drawn by Kris and random HML'ers are paired up. Then the contact info is sent.

From there you buy "something" they could use or what you feel they could benefit from. Air filters, ABC service parts, belts, accessories, tshirts, HML calendar, etc are usually given. If you need ideas look thru prior posts for projects that they have been thinking about doing to their truck - or - do some secret investigation work thru various other people, sponsors, spouses, etc to get ideas.

As with prior years buy parts from anybody (just because we match the pairings doesn't mean parts need to be purchased from us). Some HML sponsors offered discounts in the past for this particular event.

Ground Rules:
0> Hummer H1 or Humvee only...no H2 or H3 stuff.
1> Participants will remain anonymous (aka we won't say anything unless you post something in the forum). Some owners wanted to stay anonymous last year.
2> This is mean to be fun
3> Deadline for participants is November 30th. After that pairings will be made and names will be distributed. This gives 3 weeks to plan and send your gift. Remember that AMG closes the later half of December for xmas holiday so plan accordingly.
4> Prior years the gift amount was around $35 if I recall. Your choice to go above that amount.
5> If there is an odd number of participants I will opt in to buy for 2 people to make the math work out.

PM Me:
1> Your name, email, shipping address, phone number (assume I don't have it already)
2> Include your Hummer/Humvee model year, engine, body style and/or anything else you think is relevant.

If I missed something let me know.

-David