PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Marauder Thread/Post for Buffalo, NY Swim Meet and Lodging

WhatsUpDOHC
11-23-2011, 05:04 PM
OK - Here goes - Just a feeler as I don't know if she's swimming and what this is all about:

My daugher is a swimmer and she has qualified for the mid-Atlantic regional meet in Buffalo, NY for the weekend of December 9th –11th.

I need to find a good hotel for Saturday and Sunday night that's near the pool (I couldn't find any location).

Any help in the Buffalo area for some Good/Clean/Cheap Motels where I could stay Fri/Sat nights?

This is just developing as we have learned that she has qualified for this meet.

If no blizzard/ice storm/etc. = I'll be blowing in/out in the Marauder in (~2 hours from Southern NJ :))

As always, thanks and Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Mark

wickedmerc
11-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Ummmmm......2 hours to Buffalo from southern NJ???
A quick MapQuest tells me Buffalo is almost 7 hours from me....and I'm an hour north of you.
Recompute, or add S/C AND Nitrous ASAP :D

WhatsUpDOHC
11-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Ummmmm......2 hours to Buffalo from southern NJ???
A quick MapQuest tells me Buffalo is almost 7 hours from me....and I'm an hour north of you.
Recompute, or add S/C AND Nitrous ASAP :D

I added the smilie for the MM-effect of the total drive time.

I've got a V1 but I'm no Sterling Moss or Craig Breedlove - or Brock Yates/Dan Gurney - Let's keep addin'

wickedmerc
11-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Gotcha!
You're really thinking of driving your MM to Buffalo in December? (or was there a smile in there that I missed?)

3 words my friend.......Lake Effect Snow. It can get ugly in a hurry up there.

See you Friday?

WhatsUpDOHC
11-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Gotcha!
You're really thinking of driving your MM to Buffalo in December? (or was there a smile in there that I missed?)

3 words my friend.......Lake Effect Snow. It can get ugly in a hurry up there.

See you Friday?

I know - I'll be watching the weather closely.

CBT
11-25-2011, 04:47 PM
OK - Here goes - Just a feeler as I don't know if she's swimming and what this is all about:

My daugher is a swimmer and she has qualified for the mid-Atlantic regional meet in Buffalo, NY for the weekend of December 9th –11th.

I need to find a good hotel for Saturday and Sunday night that's near the pool (I couldn't find any location).

Any help in the Buffalo area for some Good/Clean/Cheap Motels where I could stay Fri/Sat nights?

This is just developing as we have learned that she has qualified for this meet.

If no blizzard/ice storm/etc. = I'll be blowing in/out in the Marauder in (~2 hours from Southern NJ :))

As always, thanks and Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Mark

Far out, good luck to her! :cheer:

rayjay
11-26-2011, 06:18 AM
PM dragcity, he lives in the Buffalo area. Where is the meet? There are a bunch of name brand motels at Exit 49.

Bigdogjim
11-26-2011, 06:42 AM
You should get together with the other member's mom's and dad's and chip in for a motorcoach:)

The way to go!