PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Crash

SID210SA
11-25-2011, 06:25 AM
So did anyone see this.....The xcross Corvette fail got me thinking about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mexRQhNQdcQ&feature=related

There are two differnt points of view in this vid....the second is on it the whole time....the pilot walks away! If you look closely you can see one of the cables from the bottom of the helo go into the blades. There is a loud scream when the helicopter crashes from the engine.

Amazingly there was one guy standing almost directly under the chopper before it went down and he was just as lucky. Not to mention all the people standing around.

Thank God the pilot was not killed.

guspech750
11-25-2011, 06:57 AM
Why in was the chopper coming down so low with out the cable being unhooked from that tower first? Crazy buttholes. Glad no one was killed.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

dakslim
11-25-2011, 07:06 AM
I flew in helicopters for over three years and IMHO that pilot is an idiot!!!!

Krytin
11-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Dibs on the floormats!!

What made anyone think the cable was long enough to land w/it still attached?!
Half way down you could see it wouldn't make it - the pilot was obviously watching it, he even turned sideways to it to see it better!

The seat of the pilot's flight coveralls looked a little baggy too. Everyone there was lucky to be alive/unhurt.

Juice
11-25-2011, 08:32 AM
No wonder they don't like nuclear power... They are too stupid to use it.

ImpalaSlayer
11-25-2011, 09:05 AM
what is under neath the heli? it looks like a mangled body

Phrog_gunner
11-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Why in was the chopper coming down so low with out the cable being unhooked from that tower first? Crazy buttholes. Glad no one was killed.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

The cable probably would not release. Our external straps had two ways of releasing it manually and one electric (which we disabled so the pilots kept their hands out of our business). With him seemingly being the only person aboard, he coudlnt exactly let go of the controls and reach outside to release it. It looks like he was trying to get it close enough to the ground to at least have one of the ground crew try to get it released???